Rickady88GT V8 build thread by Rickady88GT
Started on: 06-10-2009 08:55 PM
Replies: 418 (48218 views)
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 07-30-2022 12:02 PM
LZeppelin513

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2010 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeppelin513Send a Private Message to LZeppelin513Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Start up and showing the power steering working

In addition to everything else on that car, the power steering makes me jealous. Nice car
IP: Logged
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Ah man, those retractable peddles are great! Over-all sweet ride. I Love the LS4.

Thanks, When are you getting an LS4

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by RCR:

Rick,
The car looks and sounds great. If that's a GM adjustable pedal, I'm proud to say I have content on your car. The controller is mine

Awesome job...

Bob

I think you just said you made the controller for the adjustable pedals? Cool, yes they are factory GM. They came from the same car the dash came from. It is an 08 Malibu. I think they are the memory type? But I just don't know much about them, I just modified them to fit in my car I can live without them but I actually use them more than I thought I would. I thought I would set them for me and my wife would move them for her. But I move them around as I drive on long drives to stretch my legs out and that is a great feeling.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by LZeppelin513:

In addition to everything else on that car, the power steering makes me jealous. Nice car

Thanks, I want to get the car to a SOLO course for some fun but also to show video of what the power steering was made for
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I actually use them more than I thought I would. I drive on long drives to stretch my legs out and that is a great feeling.

Does your cruise control work on the LS4? That's the deal breaker for me getting a LS4 or for that matter LS7. A large percentage of my driving is highway and I can't live w/o a cruise control.
3084me

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3084meSend a Private Message to 3084meEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great thread,

I've been looking at your video's for quite a long time now. I may have missed it in the thread but what muffler is that in this video? EDIT: Or is that a Ceramic / spun catalytic Converter?

http://www.youtube.com/user...ck#p/u/9/GcfL34htkBc

Just wondering if that's stock or aftermarket.

I'm just finishing a TBI SBC in mine and currently have it test fitted with (1) 3" Dynomax Hi-Flow Cat (I've got emissions here in PA too . . . FUN !!!)

[This message has been edited by 3084me (edited 04-14-2010).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 3084me:

Great thread,

I've been looking at your video's for quite a long time now. I may have missed it in the thread but what muffler is that in this video? EDIT: Or is that a Ceramic / spun catalytic Converter?

http://www.youtube.com/user...ck#p/u/9/GcfL34htkBc

Just wondering if that's stock or aftermarket.

I'm just finishing a TBI SBC in mine and currently have it test fitted with (1) 3" Dynomax Hi-Flow Cat (I've got emissions here in PA too . . . FUN !!!)

That is the stock GM duel wall Stainless Steel cat that comes on the LS4. I cut off the restrictive ends and welded on larger 3" pipe.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by madcurl:

Does your cruise control work on the LS4? That's the deal breaker for me getting a LS4 or for that matter LS7. A large percentage of my driving is highway and I can't live w/o a cruise control.

No my CC does not work.......YET. I melted one of the resisters during the conversion and have not got around to getting a new one. But YES the CC will work as a factory option would. The only thing I have done to this car sense the West Fest Fiero Show was drive it and put new tires on it, and I put gas in it a few times It is still an uncompleted project.

This is what I melted. I put it in place but it was the wrong place so I had to remove it and reinstall it. Well the thing just could not take all the manhandling.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 04-15-2010).]

3084me

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3084meSend a Private Message to 3084meEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the "cat info" Very good to know.

Hey,, while I'm thinking of it, What Radiator are you running in that thing?? My last carbed V8's did fine with the stock V6 rad but I keep going back and forth with "going aftermarket" with this current build. Just curious since reading the thread it seems that your temp is holding very well.

Very clean build. I wish I was closer. I'd love to see that thing in person. Great work.

This is my current toy:

http://www.customcarblogs.c...in.php?g2_itemId=321

[This message has been edited by 3084me (edited 04-15-2010).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 3084me:

Thanks for the "cat info" Very good to know.

Hey,, while I'm thinking of it, What Radiator are you running in that thing?? My last carbed V8's did fine with the stock V6 rad but I keep going back and forth with "going aftermarket" with this current build. Just curious since reading the thread it seems that your temp is holding very well.

Very clean build. I wish I was closer. I'd love to see that thing in person. Great work.

This is my current toy:

http://www.customcarblogs.c...in.php?g2_itemId=321

Thanks: nice project. At one time I would have killed for a 288 kit. Well...maybe not killed but you get the picture
I had my heart set on a picture perfect replica of the 328. I have always, and still do like the 308 platform.

I am running an after market rad from F.O.C.A. They are gone now but it is a 3 core. I can hold a VERY solid 1/3 temp gauge reading all day long even in 100+ outside temps. It has only seen 3/4 once or twice during the swap before I installed a restrictor in the heater circuit. I would not think about anything other than a Champion now after installing one for some body else. GREAT price for an all aluminum 4 core that is "almost" a direct fit in the Fiero.

3084me

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3084meSend a Private Message to 3084meEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great,

thanks a bunch,

I agree with you,

Champion is the rad that I'm getting ready to order. It's a great product and SOOOOOO much easier and cheaper than modifying a Griffin or Summit Radiator. Thank goodness there is damand for the Fiero radiator and they produce them. I've heard of a few saying to leave the V6 rad, and even though it worked fine for me before, this particular car is really, really clean.

I used a 41,000 mile car and everything is pretty much new so I just didn't want to leave the OEM radiator in there and then have to drain coolant, modify etc after the fact.

I'm using an electric water pump on this one as opposed to the Archie waterpump setup on the last 2 and I think if there is a difference in flow etc, I'd rather have an upgraded radiator, "complete and finished" from the start while the system is currently open. (Hate to do things twice).

Again, great build.

[This message has been edited by 3084me (edited 04-15-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just came across this Rick.....man that is some nice work!!! Very nice indeed. AWESOME ! ! ! SIMPLY AWESOME ! ! !

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kooljess:

Just came across this Rick.....man that is some nice work!!! Very nice indeed. AWESOME ! ! ! SIMPLY AWESOME ! ! !

Thank you, I won Peoples Choice award again at West Fest That is 3 years in a row.

88GTS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTSSend a Private Message to 88GTSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rick,

Awesome Car and one of my favorite conversions!

Quick question: What is the size/diameter of the restrictor you've installed in you heater line?

Thanks!
Daviero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DavieroSend a Private Message to DavieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rick, I have to echo the many compliments you have received - they are all well deserved.
I was at a light today beside a Malibu, and thought right away of you and your Fiero.

What do you have for brakes hiding behind the ASA rims? I have been through your thread more than once but have not found the answer.
Edit to add: Also, are your rims the ASA AR1 silver painted with machined lip?

Thanks, Dave.

------------------
Daviero - 88 N* GT

[This message has been edited by Daviero (edited 04-16-2010).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-16-2010 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daviero:

I don't know what brakes he has, but the wheels are definitely the ASA AR1s. I have the same wheels on my Mini.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88GTS:

Quick question: What is the size/diameter of the restrictor you've installed in you heater line?

Thanks!

Thanks, The restrictor in this one is machined out of aluminum ans pressed into one of the hose fittings. I think it has a .25" hole? It is not that large at all. The heater still vets hot. But around here we only see freezing a few times a year. So if it were not hot enough, I could just run a larger drill thru it. Its function is to force the water to circulate thru the radiator and not just the heater core. You only need an orifice large enough to allow the need hot water to heat the cab. The rest of the water needs to go to the radiator to cool the engine. So the size of the orifice can be larger in cold climates and smaller in hot climates.

------------------
[IMG][/IMG]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by Daviero:

What do you have for brakes hiding behind the ASA rims? I have been through your thread more than once but have not found the answer.

Thanks, Dave.

Thanks, the brakes are West Coast Fiero C4. The rims are ASA AR1. Front is 17x7x 38 and the rear are 17x8x 35. They are a silver metallic paint with a machined lip.

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So the size of the orifice can be larger in cold climates and smaller in hot climates.

I guess that would be thrown out the window here - we have two temperatures "over 1million" and "absolute freaking zero" - at least, that's what I've been told.

For the sake of relatedness...:
Great build, man. I was watching this from the beginning (before I had an account), and I now hold you partially responsible for getting me into Fieros. Inspiring work.

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 04-17-2010).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I guess that would be thrown out the window here - we have two temperatures "over 1million" and "absolute freaking zero" - at least, that's what I've been told.

For the sake of relatedness...:
Great build, man. I was watching this from the beginning (before I had an account), and I now hold you partially responsible for getting me into Fieros. Inspiring work.

LOL, sorry

I love Nashville, I have a buddy over there and spent a week at his place a few years ago.

88GTS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTSSend a Private Message to 88GTSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Rick for the info on the heater hose vent hole diameter.

Another question to you or anyone else that would like to comment: Can I completely block the heater water hose (summer car, don't need any heater), or is there a requirement for some water circulation when the thermostat is closed just after start up?

Thanks,
Andre
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88GTS:

Thanks Rick for the info on the heater hose vent hole diameter.

Another question to you or anyone else that would like to comment: Can I completely block the heater water hose (summer car, don't need any heater), or is there a requirement for some water circulation when the thermostat is closed just after start up?

Thanks,
Andre

I have never looked inside the Xover pump housing but I would say that if you don't want a heater then find a way to loop the heater pipes together. Water will circulate around inside the engine to prevent "hot spots" and that constant circulation thu the heater circuit may play a vital roll? BUT one thing is for sure, if you loop it you cant hurt anything. If you plug it, do you want to take a rick of some type of damage?

88GTS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTSSend a Private Message to 88GTSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think your logic that air might get trapped and cause hot spots is very valid.

On the other hand, just looping the 2 pipes together could bypass too much hot water directly back into the engine and lower the cooling capacity of the system. So I would say keeping the loop, but with your 1/4" restrictor should be the best overall solution.
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My brother's boat used a standard irrigation gate valve to control the flow of cooling water. I wonder if there is a nice adjustable valve that would work to control the flow of heater coolant so you could "tune" it to work best. Might be useful if a different flow was required seasonally.

Charlie

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put 87 front springs in the front of my 88 and an uncut set of front 88 springs in the rear. I cut exactly two coils off of the 87 springs and the 88 front springs went in the rear struts without any mods. I did flip the insulator block and that lowered the rear about .5" and preloaded the spring. I am happy with the stiffer spring rates on the front and back and have not bottomed out on ANY bump that used to knock out my teeth if I did not slow down. I also put in all polly with grease zerks and new ball joints. I greased the front wheel bearings with a straw, and did a quick alignment. I am VERY happy with the spring combo and it has a great stance.
HAPPY to drive is an understatement

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 05-12-2010).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I put 87 front springs in the front of my 88 and an uncut set of front 88 springs in the rear. I cut exactly two coils off of the 87 springs and the 88 front springs went in the rear struts without any mods. I did flip the insulator block and that lowered the rear about .5" and preloaded the spring. I am happy with the stiffer spring rates on the front and back and have not bottomed out on ANY bump that used to knock out my teeth if I did not slow down. I also put in all polly with grease zerks and new ball joints. I greased the front wheel bearings with a straw, and did a quick alignment. I am VERY happy with the spring combo and it has a great stance.

I am kinda suprized more of the 88's haven't picked up on this simple/inexpensive spring mod...
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know exactly how much "stiffer" the spring rates are but they sure helped my Fiero.
88GTS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTSSend a Private Message to 88GTSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent input Rick - I haven't seen this before and coming from you, I know it will be perfect.

BTW, this thread definitely belongs in the Construction Zone - Cliff?

[This message has been edited by 88GTS (edited 05-12-2010).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I don't have any pics of the spring swap but I might try to come up with something? I wanted to see if this would work first before I posted about it.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick,

I love your work. The best attention to detail I've ever seen. And your modesty just puts the cherry on top. I just posted on one of your YouTube videos, but I'll post here too:

If you had all the financial sources you needed (plus extra for you), would you build an interior for another person (like me). This is theoretical, just wondering if you are a person I'd look to in the future.

I'd make it worth your while. But please, if you don't have the desire, just keep doing what you are doing and I'll try and mimic!
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Rick,

I love your work. The best attention to detail I've ever seen. And your modesty just puts the cherry on top. I just posted on one of your YouTube videos, but I'll post here too:

If you had all the financial sources you needed (plus extra for you), would you build an interior for another person (like me). This is theoretical, just wondering if you are a person I'd look to in the future.

I'd make it worth your while. But please, if you don't have the desire, just keep doing what you are doing and I'll try and mimic!

Thanks, I have had most people at Fiero shows comment on the dash more than the engine. That dash was more work than two engine swaps. It is just not worth doing again, like I did it. If I were to do it again I would just install the dash cover over a MUCH more simple back bone and use the stock AC system. That would make it MUCH more "doable".
But in all fairness this dash was done to fit an exact engine and an exact car to use ALL the components that were never made for the dash. So just doing the dash cover "should" be MUCH easier?

PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-07-2010 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can you clarify what all the connections are here? I'm thinking of possibly using a pump from GTO instead, as it looks to be a little smaller in the pictures I can find of them. It only has the feed line connection, and 2 electrical connectors, presumably the fuel pump connection and tank pressure sensor. I presume those are the same two connections here. But what are the other two tubes for on the LS4 pump? I'm guessing the largest one is the feed?
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The shortest plastic line furthest to the top/right is a blank. It is not drilled for any use.
The center line is the fuel supply line to the engine.
The largest line is the "vent" line. It serves the same purpose as the small metal pipe at the end of the tank. It is welded closed for this mod. I ran a new hose from the new fuel fill vent pipe to the gas cap.
The hole on the side of the assembly goes to the charcoal canister.
The electric plugs consist of two separate connectors. One is for the pump/gauge and the other is the pressure sensor.
The sending unit has a fuel regulator inside the tank so there is only one fuel line to the engine.
blkpearl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blkpearlClick Here to visit blkpearl's HomePageSend a Private Message to blkpearlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Rick i wanted to know what shocks you are using for the 88?
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blkpearl:

Hey Rick i wanted to know what shocks you are using for the 88?

I have KYB all around and 87GT springs in front with the front 88 springs installed in the rear.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2010 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, I didn't even know this thread had been moved to the construction zone. Thanks.

Finally, I am able to start getting some more work done to the car. I had the LS4 AC lines adapted to work with the Fiero now I need to make some custom lines for the front. I needed to remove the engine to change a bad water pump but I also wanted to check for clearances and make some adjustments. Ironically I also had to change the water pump on the GTO and the little Ls4 pump was more expensive.

The custom Ls4 line next to the stock Fiero line

Engine removed

Water pump getting removed

Ready for new pump on order

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2010 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering what your method of lifting the rear end is to clear the engine for removal? Everything else looks awesome as always!
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is the sickest thing I have ever seen. Too bad I wont ever do it! Too complex for me.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Weird!! I was just thinkin the other day how an F458 dash would look like in a Fiero, and boom, today I find yur build thread, again, lol... The speedo pods look pretty similiar.... LUBB the werk done in this car!! 1 thing, going over this thread, all I did was look 4 pix of the interior, to find the door cards, are u werkin on 'em yet? Any pix of that? Did the Malibu ever come in a 2 door? Or are the 4 door skins a good fit, front ones, of course .........

Thanx for the inspiration!

Eric J....

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Malibu door panels are plastic and way too tall, the Fiero door panels are short and long, so I decided to just make custom ones to match the dash. I did start to make them, but life gets in the way sometimes. Hope to start them after I finish few more things on the car.

I got the engine back in the car after I modified the shock tower, changed the water pump and repainted the engine bay. I got to test drive the car yesterday soon I'll start working on the s10 brake booster. I already did that on another car but have not got to do it to this one yet.

Here you can how I lift the car.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock