Started on: 06-10-2009 08:55 PM
Replies: 403 (45479 views)
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 09-15-2021 03:25 PM
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 201
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2021 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTClick Here to Email Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I need to do some work on the car. Sense I used the HVAC system from the Monte Carlo, I inherited one of the notorious servo door motor stripped gear teeth issues. When I open the door, yes just opening the door triggers the HVAC to actuate,...why....I am not sure. The actuation of one of 2 doors makes a loud clicking noise. It is irritating and embarrassing. The noise can be heard inside and outside of the car. This thing was a nightmare to install and I can't imagine how much of a pain it will be to service.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JenzGT2:

This is a picture of the 2006 Monte Carlo HVAC test fitting in the Fiero.

The problem is one of 2 motors that move the blend door and mixer. One motor is behind the Grey bracket and the other is at one end of the white wire loom.

IP: Logged
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2021 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTClick Here to Email Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, got the two motors. There are at least three motors on this HVAC unit and I am not sure which one is bad, so I will try to replace the 2 identical motors.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2021 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTClick Here to Email Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the second motor hanging on the wire harness. I couldn't get the plug off from the installed location.
Honestly this was easier than I thought. Maybe even easier than a stock Monte Carlo?

Done, no more irritating noise every time I get in and out of the car.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2021 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTClick Here to Email Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is the bad motor opened up.
You can see that some teeth were broken off and the motor was just spinning and grinding.
Every time any power was tuned on in the car, this motor would spin as it attempted to find a home position. It sometimes would spin for several minutes. The grinding noise was loud enough to hear it outside the car from at least a car length away.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock