Started on: 06-10-2009 08:55 PM
Replies: 418 (48218 views)
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 07-30-2022 12:02 PM
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2021 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I need to do some work on the car. Sense I used the HVAC system from the Monte Carlo, I inherited one of the notorious servo door motor stripped gear teeth issues. When I open the door, yes just opening the door triggers the HVAC to actuate,...why....I am not sure. The actuation of one of 2 doors makes a loud clicking noise. It is irritating and embarrassing. The noise can be heard inside and outside of the car. This thing was a nightmare to install and I can't imagine how much of a pain it will be to service.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JenzGT2:

This is a picture of the 2006 Monte Carlo HVAC test fitting in the Fiero.

The problem is one of 2 motors that move the blend door and mixer. One motor is behind the Grey bracket and the other is at one end of the white wire loom.

IP: Logged
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2021 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, got the two motors. There are at least three motors on this HVAC unit and I am not sure which one is bad, so I will try to replace the 2 identical motors.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2021 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the second motor hanging on the wire harness. I couldn't get the plug off from the installed location.
Honestly this was easier than I thought. Maybe even easier than a stock Monte Carlo?

Done, no more irritating noise every time I get in and out of the car.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2021 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

This is the bad motor opened up.
You can see that some teeth were broken off and the motor was just spinning and grinding.
Every time any power was tuned on in the car, this motor would spin as it attempted to find a home position. It sometimes would spin for several minutes. The grinding noise was loud enough to hear it outside the car from at least a car length away.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2021 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, next to the HVAC issue, now the headlight motor failed. I ordered a set of bushings for the Gen2 motors, but I need them to work now. Soo, I put a quick fix in the driver side till the real set comes in.
Older cars .........it never ends.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2021 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002
My next project is an alignment. Then the sun visors keep falling down. So I have some things to do this weekend.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2021 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok, some inspections and maintenance.
I need to get an alignment, so I am checking torque.
Also have had spongy brakes for some time. Bleed the brake a few different times, no improvements. So I guess I need to be more thorough this time.
Found a leak in the transmission cooler lines.
Got some work to do.
Kevinogr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2022 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KevinogrSend a Private Message to KevinogrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to say this is one of the most amazing builds !!! Thank you for sharing the process.
I just bought an 88 with the Northstar conversion. You have inspired me to take my time and really do it right. Thank you
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2022 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kevinogr:

I have to say this is one of the most amazing builds !!! Thank you for sharing the process.
I just bought an 88 with the Northstar conversion. You have inspired me to take my time and really do it right. Thank you

Thank you. I love the North Star engine, in fact the first swap I did in this Fiero was the v6 version of the North Star. It was called a Short Star because of the 2 cylinders that were cut off to make it a v6.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2022 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://tormach.com/machine...5KfV6VQMj6IPuo8Vw8lE

As of now, it looks like I will pull the trigger on a new tool for the garage. I have to wait till Monday to iron out the options and costs.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2022 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you seen the new MR1 from Langmuir that is coming to market this summer? It looks really promising. I will be placing a deposit as soon as the pre-order window opens up. I already have their Crossfire XL CNC Plasma table and really like it.

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/mr1/build#MR1-BASE
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2022 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Have you seen the new MR1 from Langmuir that is coming to market this summer? It looks really promising. I will be placing a deposit as soon as the pre-order window opens up. I already have their Crossfire XL CNC Plasma table and really like it.

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/mr1/build#MR1-BASE

Yep, it looks cool. I just need something larger and more rigid. I also want the 4th axis rotory. I would rather get a 5 axis tilting rotory but as of right now Tormach doesn't offer it.The gantry mills tend to be much less rigid unless they are VERY large. And they don't offer a 4th axis.
I actually want a HAAS mini mill 2 but they are WAY to expensive for what I do and finding one used is hard enough as it is but to find one with all the options I want are nearly impossible. The HAAS super mini mill can be optioned with 5 axis and house/residential 220 single phase.
I look forward to seeing what do with it.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2022 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's here

It will be a few weeks before I can really do stuff with it though
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2022 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is alive and makes chips.
I am having issues with Fusion 360. It is glitchy and very difficult to learn (if possible at all) while it has systems that either don't work or are hidden? Last night on the laptop, one third of the screen just blacked out. The left side that had some options displayed. I feel like I should just dump the entire program and install another one?
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2022 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Working on a project. This is an aluminum link bar on the right. The left is the first operation of the same part done in Damascus.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 07-16-2022).]

dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2022 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice acquisition to your tool collection!!!
I’m sure you’ll find lots of things to build.
Wayne
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2022 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobie1:

Very nice acquisition to your tool collection!!!
I’m sure you’ll find lots of things to build.
Wayne

Thanks, I wish I had this 20 years ago
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2022 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Being able to make your own parts on the fly is awesome, those parts you made look great. Congrats on getting it, and getting it up and running. Id love one but dont have the space, funds, or an electrical panel thatll support a cnc. What other parts that need creation/ ideas do you have in mind?

shem
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2022 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shemdogg:

Being able to make your own parts on the fly is awesome, those parts you made look great. Congrats on getting it, and getting it up and running. Id love one but dont have the space, funds, or an electrical panel thatll support a cnc. What other parts that need creation/ ideas do you have in mind?

shem

I am making some parts for a person that are not even car parts, right now. But I do hope to make some cool car stuff.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock