Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  THE ULTIMATE FIERO BUILD LAMBO REPLICA (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
THE ULTIMATE FIERO BUILD LAMBO REPLICA by merciero
Started on: 04-14-2009 07:55 PM
Replies: 152 (33402 views)
Last post by: psychosurfer on 02-22-2012 06:33 PM
merciero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2009 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mercieroSend a Private Message to mercieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here are some pics of it kinda back together.. i got bored so i black primered some spots just for the hell of it... and i mounted a door. its not mounted just there...

IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2009 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

niiiiice !
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you any good at fiberglass? I'll pay for that front bumper if you can make a copy of it.

------------------

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've really enjoyed reading this thread and keeping up with this build. I think that builds like these are important to the Fiero community because honestly a good deal of Fiero owners at one point either before owning a Fiero or after they bought one considered a replica build. It's important that indepth builds such as yours be documented because I believe that there is quite a great amount of people out there that just don't understand the amount of work that goes into building these replicas. Sometimes, as you are showing, it's almost like building a vehicle from scratch. I think that some people out there simply think that you can buy a Fiero, throw a body on it, paint it, do some little work, and then drive. It's not that simple. You along with other guys such as DeLorean00's Ferrari build have my upmost respect among Fiero owners simply because not only do people like you have the drive to actually do the work but pay the time (and money) to actually see the build through.

Keep up the great work.
Klasse_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Klasse_GTSend a Private Message to Klasse_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the wheels ;-)

/Klasse
merciero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mercieroSend a Private Message to mercieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lamborghini car jacking....

thanks everyone for the support.... and yes these cars do take alot of work..... not only do i see that now but alot of people will pay to have the stretch done, to have the body mounted, to have the major components done..... im on such a tight budget, i have to do every little thing myself....... its a whole lot harder then it sounds, but my whole reason for doing this is bc when i wanted to build a replica i couldnt find one single build diary that had any info of the car prior the body being totally done minus body work for paint..... so i decided to fix that.... by showing every step of every part of my build..... so when someone wants to build a car of their dreams... they can look at this diary and have more info then yahoo. its not the best build, or the most accurate... but im 23 and its my very first build like this..... but its better then nothing....... thanks again for everyone supporting the build
merciero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mercieroSend a Private Message to mercieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

merciero

220 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Klasse_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Klasse_GTSend a Private Message to Klasse_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep up the good work!
Looking great so far !

/Klasse
mid engine monsters

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2009 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by merciero:

ok i just got back from picking up my motor.... what a deal!!!!!!! i found an 06 grand prix supercharged 3800 GEN V get this... $202.50... beautiful motor, clean....... sweet... and its a GEN V. ill get a pic or 2 tomorrow... i wont drop it in till body work is done....

I really hate you now!
No.........really!!
Ok........I admit it.....I'm just jealous. You are da man.

Klasse_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2009 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Klasse_GTSend a Private Message to Klasse_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

/Klasse
PFF
System Bot
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2010 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hope he's good at sports; so he can get a scholarship. Because you’re blowing his college fund
07Hoffmannd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2010 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 07HoffmanndSend a Private Message to 07HoffmanndEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$200 for a an 06' !!!!!!! youve gotta be kiddin me. my 98 sc cost me $650, and thats without a transmission. i hate you now too and your only 23!!! i mean im only 20 but still. looks like ive got a lot to work up to in 3 years. oooor, i could just go back to sleep. and let people like you do the work. yep, thats a way better idea
nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work on the car!!!! I have also been looking at rims, and had seen other rims somewhere in a link in this thread that was suggested by another member here . Maybe it was Dash, the rims looked like diablo or murcialago style, I also think i remember the kitcar being yellow, not sue Can you point me out to the link, or who ever remembers the rims i am searching for, THANKS GUYS!!!
nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ANYBODY???????
merciero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mercieroSend a Private Message to mercieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow been a while since i was on....... on the wheels im not sure on here but.. if you want some deelow rims, lemme know. i can get you a set or piont u in the right direction. but i had to take a hault on the project for a lil. we're buying a house, and i get to finally build my dream garage so once its done ill jump back on it.
Logan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoganSend a Private Message to LoganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well When your done with your garage post a pic. of the lambo in it!!

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got to meet this fellow today..... I went to look at a used fiero for sale and the guy that was selling it told me about a guy in the area that is doing a murcielago replica out of a fiero. SO I had to see it!! I drove over there today and talked with him for about an hour. The kit looks real nice and he did a lot of structural welding on the frame. It was kinda raining out so I was not able to really have a good look at it. NIce to know someone else into the fiero/ custom car hobby is very close by. I think that it is gonna be a real nice car at some point but it still needs a lot of work to get there. I always thought about doing something like this but after looking and talking with him now I am not so sure... This would have to be one of those once in a lifetime things that you do over a number of years in order to do it right. That is unless you are financially independent( I AM NOT) I would love to own one of these kits tho because in person it is really impressive body.... nice to meet ya man and I look forward to riding in that badboy with you when you get it finished... peace

Pete
nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey merciero, so I finally found the style of rim i am looking for, Except the particular manufacturer only makes 15" and 16". Now that i have a photo showing exactly what i had seen somewhere in this post maybe you or someone will recognize it and help me get a name, thanks and keep up the good work!

[This message has been edited by nightonfire (edited 03-15-2010).]

Innyen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2010 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InnyenSend a Private Message to InnyenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
<<<NIce to know someone else into the fiero/ custom car hobby is very close by>>> Make it 3 of us then, lol I'm 30 mins from Murc and like 40 mins from Pete. haha Will be starting my venture with my '86 GT Soon.
merciero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mercieroSend a Private Message to mercieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well im back on the build after a long break. i just got one of the doors done. pics come soon. i used the doors of a 92 saturn sc1. i cut the doors all to pieces and left only the main metal guts/sheet the window motor a tracks. and im glassing it to my inner door fiberglass piece
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice work. I'll be looking for you cruising around town. No one can miss a car like that.

If you find another 3800 SC locally for $200 let me know....
elitopr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2010 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for elitoprClick Here to visit elitopr's HomePageSend a Private Message to elitoprEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daaaaaammmmmmmm look great ice replica!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
Odin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OdinSend a Private Message to OdinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice build, any new pics?
psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very interested in an update!
Black Pegasus

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2010 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by psychosurfer:

Very interested in an update!

That makes 2 of us!

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

ArbinShire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArbinShireSend a Private Message to ArbinShireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder what the ratio of purchased to completed kit-cars is. I would tend to believe the percentage of completed is very, very low...
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've heard 3% are finished and I'm not sure if that includes murcielagos which are about as difficult as you can get. Merciero has gone his own way with his build which makes it both more interesting and more difficult. It has been my experience that these builds can easily get put on the back burner as lifes issues come up. They are an optional project after all. No one NEEDS one. They also always cost more than anticipated. Many people start out thinking $2000 fiero, $6000 body kit, wow $8000 lambo. I will have over $55,000 in mine by the time that Joe finishes my turbo ls4 install. Merciero is doing a great job. I hope that he can be one of those who makes it to the finish.
merciero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mercieroSend a Private Message to mercieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thank you dratts. and everyone else. well i actually am in the completed percentile. do to the reason of my long break on my car. is bc i learned alot on my build, but also saw areas that i wasnt happy with. i took a break on my car bc i ended up becoming a builder. my shop Exotic Evolutions now specialize in building kitcars. i have done about 3 partial builds 1 rolling chassis, 2 basic chassis, and 2 completed turn keys. partials were diablos or murcies, one completed was a 360 ferrari and a g28 murcie coupe. im not too stoked about finishing my g24 due to it being a g24. after seeing the differences of a 28L. but my next build will be a rev and im working on a cnc plug of a one off supercar. but right now things are very slow in the kitcar half of the shop. i only have a few small suspension part orders, a porsche gt that im only stretching the chassis and mounting the body. then i also have a girls g24 that im just creeping the work on. bc of money and ambition to work on most of it herself. but since my experienced with kits now. i have ripped my car apart and redone almost all of it. i have so many ideas of new things i wanna try, so my g24 will be the guinea pig. dratts what are you building? its been in the teens temp wise so ill get a few pics once its a warm day and the cars not under snow. some of the changes are; the decklids hinges were ripped off and replaced with super strong suicide door hinges. the batwing hinges were scrapped and replaced with an asian 2 axis lift hinge. the small step gear box for opening the batwings were replaced with linear actuators. the doors were ripped apart and rebuilt stronger with a surface mount type hinge. redoing the headlights with g28. something i do with every g24 to come through the shop. the tailights i build. i am starting on mine that will look like lp640 lights. i am very excited to share my new ideas and hope everyone enjoys watching my personal build
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics

Pics

Pics

Pics

Pics
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2012 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for an update.....
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by merciero:

well i actually am in the completed percentile... i am very excited to share my new ideas and hope everyone enjoys watching my personal build

We would love to watch... except words don't make much to look at. It's been 28 months since your last pics.

psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been over a year since any update... Guess our personal projects often take the back seat to customer cars. I'd be interested in seeing some of those as well.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock