Started on: 02-21-2007 07:50 AM
Replies: 272 (36478 views)
Last post by: bcrider1 on 02-05-2011 06:25 PM
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2007 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, guys
I guess I need to start making templates of everything I`m cutting out in case I might want to sell one of these one day.
Mike
IP: Logged
BobadooFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2007 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow great job! only an inspiration to play with Betty...
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*bump* any updates?

-M
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No updates, I pretty much worked all weekend and I need to wait until I get a new radio to cut out the faceplate for the dash. Hopefullly in the next two weeks I will get my carpet and start installing everything in the car. I still need to build the back 1/2 of the console and cover it.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*weekend update*?

I'm on the edge of my seat in anticipation.

-M
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been working it seems all of the time so I haven`t had any time to work on it. I did cut out a piece of metal that I painted black to put inside the instrument pod where the instruments go. I am going to recover my door panels and put a couple of accents in them but I have been waiting on my seat covers to come in to see what shade the red is, but if you read that other post about my seat covers you probably have seen
that the deal fell through. I also have to order some more vinyl for the panel behind the seats and for my door panels. I`m thinking about buying an upholstery sewing machine and just do the seats and any other sewing
on upholstery that I might need. I`m going to Texas Motor Speedway next weekend and after that I should be able to get back on track.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, sounds exiting.
Sorry that that deal with the seats fell through. I know I myself was very exited about seats with increased side bolsters (Evo,Sti,Srt-4,Viper,Lambo style) that aren't just stuffed cotton with ducktape. C'est la vie.

Thanks for keeping this thread updated and remember to take pictures along the way. *we love pictures* ~
You're going to be my inspiration.

If you know how to sew upholstery, yea, totally get the machine. I'm sure it'll pay for itself, and it's more fun to do it yourself.

-Max
KaijuSenso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 04:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you are an inspiration to us all, indeed
ohio86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOWW!!!! That is awesome man.

Are you considering doing the center console between the seats?

------------------

" DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT"

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I`m going to build the center console similar to the stock one going all the way back to cover the ecm but I haven`t been able to measure for it because I have been so busy. Today I have basically nothing to do and it`s cold (well by Texas standards) and rainy. I have no garage I may run down to Home Depot to get the stuff I need to paint and mount the defroster vent grille.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXGOOD

5410 posts
Member since Feb 2006
I haven`t tried my dash in the car since I upholstered it so today I did after I made the end caps and painted the defroster vent grille.

PFF
System Bot
GT88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT88GTSend a Private Message to GT88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am new here and this is my first response and I must say......that is an awesome job.

[This message has been edited by GT88GT (edited 04-08-2007).]

Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2007 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good, was wondering what your plan for the end caps was. Looks great, keep us updated.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2007 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I have ordered my red carbon fiber for all of the cover plates and I have ordered speakers for the rear. Next week when I get back from TMS I will order the carpet.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2007 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW very impressive to do WITHOUT a 1/4" drive.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2007 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea I know Revin, I have been so busy at work and on the weekends that I haven`t been able to get away. Thanks for holding onto it.
Mike
Fiero22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2007 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero22Send a Private Message to Fiero22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WoW ur doin the center console too? Man, im in the middle of building one, but i think imma wait to see how ur comes out before i do mine.. on man... cant wait. Ive got a HUUGGEE SHEET of MDF just waitin outside..
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
* bump for the weekend update : ) *
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2007 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No progress this weekend. I just got back from Texas Motor Speedway.
MIke
Flyguyeddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2007 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyguyeddySend a Private Message to FlyguyeddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i must say that is pretty damn good looking. i think if you were to use a firebird cluster it would be complete.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2007 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That`s one reason I made it special because I wanted to use the stock instruments to keep from doing all of that wiring when changing the gauges. Some of the guys on here start talking about Winaldi and gauge wiring and swap wiring etc and I`m like (whaaat) scratching my head. I can replace most mechanical parts on my car but when it comes to wiring I`m lost.
PFF
System Bot
davidmgbv8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2007 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davidmgbv8Send a Private Message to davidmgbv8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, great job. I have always loathed the Fiero dash and center console. What you have designed is much nicer and you could even have a real glove box. Can't wait to see your finished product. Can you do a dimensional drawing for us wannabees?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2007 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks David.
I will try to give a few dimensions but basically I cut and designed as I went along.
I was sweating the glove box fitting because I made the box without really measuring
behind it and I was worried that it would hit the defroster duct work, but it cleared ok.
I am getting my extra vinyl coming in with my seat covers and hope to get started on
my door panels. I`m just using stock panels but I`m going to cover them with black vinyl
and put some red inserts in a couple of places. I got some door panel pockets that are
black plastic from JC Whitney that I`m using too.
Mike
davidmgbv8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2007 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davidmgbv8Send a Private Message to davidmgbv8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you come down 290 to Houston one day with the car, give me a shout, would like to see it.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2007 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You ought to come to one of the Texas get togethers. I`m hoping to have my interior at least partially done by Round-up 10 in San Antonio, but for sure by the run in the Hill Country later on in the year.
davidmgbv8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2007 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davidmgbv8Send a Private Message to davidmgbv8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me know when the round up is. I am involved in our local vintage racing organization CVAR, and I have to schedule around that. I'm not allowed too many kitchen passes you see.

Where did the vents come from?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2007 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Round up 10 is May 18th weekend.
It`s a lot of fun with some great people.
The vents came from Vintage Air.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2007 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A beautiful dash and built from scratch. Sheer artistry if I may say so. One of the nicest looking dashes that I've ever seen on a Fiero.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo- 0-60 5.2 seconds -Best
Engine Controls, ECM goodies, Chip
re-programming & odd electronics stuff

Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any news? or any new pics?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I have a few projects going but I don`t have any new pics. I have started working on the door panels.
I got my carbon fiber in for the cover plates but I still have to cut them out. I have my carpet ordered and it should be in next week. I`m going to work on the AC hose routing today and start taking my stock dash out of my good car, so I can install the new one.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXGOOD

5410 posts
Member since Feb 2006
I had something come up today that I didn`t forsee. I installed my dash in my good car and it`s an automatic.
My parts car is a standard and the console cleared the shifter fine but when I put it in my good car the shifter is so close when in park that it almost hit the console, but I found out with a couple of brackets I will be able to move it back about 3" .
My seats just waiting on carpet to be installed.
PFF
System Bot
Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow, seats look great.
Flyguyeddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyguyeddySend a Private Message to FlyguyeddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
need more dash updates!
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I`ll have an update after this Sunday. I have purchased a few more parts but I haven`t had time to install any. I have carpet, seats, cd player, carbon fiber for cover plates, woofer for rear console (which I have to build when I find out how deep it has to be) and I`m working on the door panels so after Sunday I`ll post pictures of what I have done this weekend. I`m about ready to call this "interior build" because the dash is almost finished. I want to get as much finished as possible for Round-up 10 in San Antonio. Heck, I may take a couple days of vacation just to be able to work steady on it.
1BadGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1BadGTSend a Private Message to 1BadGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Incredible job! You've inspired me to give this stuff a shot and you've earned a plus.

Quick question, are those Mr. Mike's seats?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks 1BadGT
The seat covers are Mr Mikes. I was his first Leatherette seat cover customer. I had heard about his quality on this forum and it is all true. The only thing I would have done different is that my foam is a little flat on the upper cushion on the side, thus I got a couple of wrinkles there. I should have filled it in a little with the extra cotton he sends.
NJ85fieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NJ85fieroGTSend a Private Message to NJ85fieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazing! I want one, although I could do without all the red. But that's just me. Probably looks sweet in a red car though!

------------------
Jesse
1985 Fiero GT
http://www.year2032.com/fiero/

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I finished one of my door panels tonight.

1BadGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1BadGTSend a Private Message to 1BadGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very interesting job on the door panels. I can't wait to see it all together.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanted to retain the stock arm rest and handle mechanism so I just made new panels. I cut the stock door panel where the ridge in the top is and riveted it to a piece of 1/4" birch plywood that I cut into the original panel shape. I tried using the stock panel but it was too flimsy to stretch vinyl across it without it bending.
Then I cut out the foam in the shape of the insets, covered them in red and inset them into the panel with t-nuts through the back.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock