Sizes of all fuel tank hoses by 1985 Fiero GT
Started on: 05-07-2024 09:44 PM
Replies: 8 (90 views)
Last post by: 1985 Fiero GT on 05-09-2024 10:09 AM
1985 Fiero GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2024 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just asking what the sizes of all the houses connecting to the fuel tank are, I searched but never found one thread with all the answers, heres what I have now, fuel feed: 3/8, fuel return: 5/16, still need to know evap/tank vent tube, and the filler vent tube, and to have all the sizes in one thread, the filler tube itself.

The one I need most is the filler vent tube, smaller tube that comes out the back of the tank beside the huge tube.

Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cartercarbaficionado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2024 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cartercarbaficionadoSend a Private Message to cartercarbaficionadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1985 Fiero GT:

Just asking what the sizes of all the houses connecting to the fuel tank are, I searched but never found one thread with all the answers, heres what I have now, fuel feed: 3/8, fuel return: 5/16, still need to know evap/tank vent tube, and the filler vent tube, and to have all the sizes in one thread, the filler tube itself.

The one I need most is the filler vent tube, smaller tube that comes out the back of the tank beside the huge tube.

Thanks!

if it's all the same I could check on my 84 since I still haven't bothered getting it a new tank yet
1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2024 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cartercarbaficionado:

if it's all the same I could check on my 84 since I still haven't bothered getting it a new tank yet

Yeah, it should be the same, thanks.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2024 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only have 2 sizes for external lines, 3/8 & 5/16

Need right Type of hose.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/.../HTML/144395.html#p6
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/146240.html

Vent & Return line can use same low pressure "rubber..."
Feed line should be R9 on any high pressure like Fiero V6. Many just "standardize" feed line to R9 even on low pressure systems like duke etc w/ TBI only need 9-13PSI to run.

Notes:
● Some "low fume" Fuel Hoses may need different clamps etc because have thicker walls. EPA etc often requires "low fume" rubber when replace old rubber. (Not just AC that need "barrier" hose.)
● Most of J30Rxx are Not rated to take E15 to E85 fuel. The whole car are Not rated for that even when some "convert" old vehicles to run E85.
"Flex Fuel" vehicles have many "mods" to handle straight gas to E85 & back even before the adding fuel sensor etc to set timing & fuel maps for amount of ethanol @ any time.

Good luck finding Fill Hoses. (Liquid & Vent hose.) Even if you find right material, formed 90° bends are not easy to get.
You can't use coolant rubber as fuel fill hoses.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2024 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

Only have 2 sizes for external lines, 3/8 & 5/16

Good luck finding Fill Hoses. (Liquid & Vent hose.) Even if you find right material, formed 90° bends are not easy to get.
You can't use coolant rubber as fuel fill hoses.

Yeah I'm not looking to get new fill hoses, just looking for the size of them.
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2024 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fill vent ~ 1/2"/13mm as is max that "hose puller" tool can handle. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/146426.html Hose removal tool(s)
1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2024 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fill vent ~ 1/2"/13mm as is max that "hose puller" tool can handle. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/146426.html Hose removal tool(s)

Thank you very much!
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2024 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Note too that Fiero Fill hoses expect liquid more then just filling up. More so the "bigger" fuel tank for 87/88. The "Gen2" tanks are not a lot bigger but made to minimize "air space" in them & move expanding gas issue to the Aux tank under right rear panel next to the door.

So Even if you don't stuff the tank after station nozzle trips off first time, full tanks splashes etc liquid everywhere can push gas back up those hoses at minimum.

+ there are Many Station nozzles types & some "trip off" later then others & may "stuff the Tank" w/o you doing anything leaving the Fill lines partly full w/ liquid gas.

Is why never use Coolant or other hoses there. May look the same rubber but often isn't same Formula & worse E10 dissolves the "weak" rubber way sooner.
Same reason the pump rubber line in the tank needs J30R10 hose because outside gets E10 24/7 too.
1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2024 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Note too that Fiero Fill hoses expect liquid more then just filling up. More so the "bigger" fuel tank for 87/88. The "Gen2" tanks are not a lot bigger but made to minimize "air space" in them & move expanding gas issue to the Aux tank under right rear panel next to the door.

So Even if you don't stuff the tank after station nozzle trips off first time, full tanks splashes etc liquid everywhere can push gas back up those hoses at minimum.

+ there are Many Station nozzles types & some "trip off" later then others & may "stuff the Tank" w/o you doing anything leaving the Fill lines partly full w/ liquid gas.

Is why never use Coolant or other hoses there. May look the same rubber but often isn't same Formula & worse E10 dissolves the "weak" rubber way sooner.
Same reason the pump rubber line in the tank needs J30R10 hose because outside gets E10 24/7 too.

Makes sense, thanks again.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock