88 Fiero GT by Duck 1
Started on: 09-08-2023 09:36 AM
Replies: 20 (649 views)
Last post by: Vintage-Nut on 03-08-2024 11:24 AM
Duck 1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2023 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Duck 1Send a Private Message to Duck 1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am wrapping up the restoration of my 88 Fiero GT and would like some authenticated information on exactly what I have:
Serial # - 1G2PG1196JP221399 2PG 9 7 " T Top" CJB factory
Year - 1988
Codes : AAA - C49 - D4P -E94 -L44 - NPS -PON -VK3 -YLM -4OU -66D -7RD -AR9 -C60 -D80 -GX3 -MD9 -PB4 -UX1 -V73 -YT1 -6RD -7RD -AR9 -C60 -D80 -GX3 -MD9 -PB4 -UX1 -V73 -YT1 -6RD -66I -8UC -AU3 -DG7 -D9C
K34 -MX1 -PHO -U66 -XEM -1SA -60P -669 -9VC -CJB -D34 -E5Z -K60 -NA5 -AV3 -A31 -BC8 -N33 -TR9 -U25 -U29 -40
Beechwood interior
Gold wheel color -WA-8753
GM or Ditzier color 3893

36/CC WA-8554 U4OU 56D

These are the codes listed on the front left fender. When I am finished restoring ( paint , dew wipes ) I plan on selling and would like to know the appraised value . Any suggestiomns are welcome, thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2023 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Duck 1:

I am wrapping up the restoration of my 88 Fiero GT and would like some authenticated information on exactly what I have:
Serial # - 1G2PG1196JP221399 2PG 9 7 " T Top" CJB factory
Year - 1988
Codes : AAA - C49 - D4P -E94 -L44 - NPS -PON -VK3 -YLM -4OU -66D -7RD -AR9 -C60 -D80 -GX3 -MD9 -PB4 -UX1 -V73 -YT1 -6RD -7RD -AR9 -C60 -D80 -GX3 -MD9 -PB4 -UX1 -V73 -YT1 -6RD -66I -8UC -AU3 -DG7 -D9C
K34 -MX1 -PHO -U66 -XEM -1SA -60P -669 -9VC -CJB -D34 -E5Z -K60 -NA5 -AV3 -A31 -BC8 -N33 -TR9 -U25 -U29 -40
Beechwood interior
Gold wheel color -WA-8753
GM or Ditzier color 3893

36/CC WA-8554 U4OU 56D

These are the codes listed on the front left fender. When I am finished restoring ( paint , dew wipes ) I plan on selling and would like to know the appraised value . Any suggestiomns are welcome, thanks.

I generally use the "sold" statistics on eBay for what a car is worth. The 88 Fiero GT with CJB T-Tops are not totally uncommon... there were about ~650 with TTops in the 1988 model year. By comparison, the 1978 Cadillac Eldorado only had ~200 vehicles made with the super-rare powered moon-roof, and they weren't worth appreciably more than a normal Eldorado. I would say appraised value will come down to mileage and condition. A car that has really low miles and is all original is going to be worth almost the same as one that's been complete restored and in perfect condition.

If the car was a 8-9 / 10 in condition... you're probably looking at anywhere from $17 to $20k... depending on condition.

Your best bet is to get it appraised by a classic car appraiser.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 09-08-2023).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2023 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay... A white 88 GT with CJB T-tops. Beechwood interior. Gold wheels. Wing. Automatic trans. Air cond. Power locks and windows, mirrors. Rear defrost.
From your listed codes, it doesn't appear to have either leather or lumbar, but is otherwise very highly optioned.

The bottom line is that it's going to depend upon miles and condition. And, seriously, how much rust is on the side trunk walls, floors, and cradles.

The T-tops will be a plus, for most people. The automatic, perhaps not so much. But it really depends upon what the individual buyer is looking for.
I've passed up a number of cars that I would have absolutely jumped on, if they had been manual.
T-tops? Been there. Done that. Not on my personal list, any more.

Value? I bought a 94K medium red 88 GT, 5 speed, about 15 months ago. Haven't done anything to it except fix a handful of typical small "used car" issues.
If I were to sell it, I would probably not take less than 10K for it. But I'm not looking to sell it.

If you're interested, here's a posting with a list of the available RPO codes.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/126161.html

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-08-2023).]

Duck 1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2023 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Duck 1Send a Private Message to Duck 1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your input.
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2023 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Duck 1
I am wrapping up the restoration of my 88 Fiero GT [except] paint, dew wipes...

To me, you're not "wrapping up" yet Duck.......

IMHO, a lot to do when painting the car plus replacing the 'dew wipes' like:
New Felt Window Guides
Look at the window regulator rollers (grease/replace) and clean the tracks
Grease motor gears to the regulator
Clean all the electrical contacts!
Include to clean the Power Window Switches and I suggest Rodney Electric Window Helpers too...

And addition, you asked us the same "value" question in April and June:

88 Fiero GT "T" top car by Duck 1 (04-13-2023)
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/100408.html

value of 88 Fiero GT "T" top by Duck 1 (6-09-2023)
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/146921.html

One common comment was:

Originally posted by IMSA GT
You should post some photos so we can see the car.

Just hit the "Upload Media" button......

[This message has been edited by Vintage-Nut (edited 04-08-2024).]

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2023 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm afraid your 88 Gt is going to disappoint you on your sell price if it's sold on this forum, Just a search on your inquiries tells us old hand's it is a car that had way more issues than it should have. Don't ask us what it is worth, we know, and it's not what you want.
Duck 1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2023 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Duck 1Send a Private Message to Duck 1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, where did you get your information ?
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2023 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Duck 1
Thanks, where did you get your information ?

A few hints.....

88 Fiero GT temp. gage by Duck 1
"My dash temp gage will not respond"

Paint for 88 GT by Duck 1
"What type paint and color number was used on the white 88 Fiero GT ?"

Paint for 88 GT by Duck 1
"Has anyone ever tried rattle can painting on these cars, if so, what type ?"

AC blend door spring by Duck 1
"On my 88 GT I removed the blend door motor and found a small spring just hanging from the top pf the blend door."

V 6 transmission issues by Duck 1
"Have a 88 Fiero GT with automatic transmission. It will not come out of 1st gear without hitting gas pedal."

Courtesy lights issues by Duck 1
"For some unknown reason to me, my lower courtesy lights come on .Sitting in the garage with no one around either day or night my lower interior lights come on and kill my battery."

88 Fiero GT AC compressor by Duck 1
"I was trying to determine if there had been some type modification done to the one on my car."

88 GT starting issues by Duck 1
"88 GT starts then immediately shuts off."

88 GT blend door power plug by Duck 1
"Need 88 GT blend door ( actuator) power plug wiring diagram. Does anyone know where the 5 wires go to ?"

Wiring harness from engine compartment . by Duck 1
"I have a wiring harness with 6 wires in it coming through the firewall into the console compartment. It is 22" long with a white plug and has a sticker on it that has the number 20 on it. What does it attach to ?"

Shift solenoid on 88 GT automatic by Duck 1
"From what I can tell my transmission shift solenoid is not working properly."

Brake proportioning valve by Duck 1
"Any way to free up the sliding valve part of this ? Is there a replacement valve for my 88 Fiero GT ?"

Beechwood sunvisors by Duck 1
"Does anyone have a nice set of Beechwood sun visors or know who re- covers them I have my old frames."

88 Fiero radio by Duck 1
"Looking for a 88 Fiero radio in good condition and working order."

88 Fiero GT proportioning valve by Duck 1
"Looking for a good 88 proportioning brake valve for my GT. If no one has one can you buy a rebuild kit for the one I have ?"

Rear view mirror by Duck 1
"Wanting a complete power passenger rear view mirror or all the internal parts. I have one on my 88 GT but some of the moving parts are missing."

tan 88 Fiero GT steering wheel by Duck 1
"Looking for tan leather covered steering wheel for 88 Fiero GT"
Duck 1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2023 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Duck 1Send a Private Message to Duck 1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I offer my sincere apologies to all members of the Fiero Forum , My understanding was that the forum was a place that new members and owners could ask for help and suggestions . Since I had never owned or tried to restore a Fiero that the Forum was a place where owners could help each other with restoration knowledge. A newbie like myself , was only wanting to get help from others that wanted to help. If I misunderstood the whole purpose of this group I am sorry to have bothered anyone. AT this time I would like to thank those who helped me along with this road to recovery to bring back to life a classic car that needed help and restoration. It has been a long and expensive road for me but all of the questions I had ask have been addressed and repaired or replaced. My "T Top" car is as I stated earlier, is well on the road to become a nice car for someone who understands what the word "restoration" actually means. Thanks again to all who helped in this process , Sorry for my misunderstanding what the Fiero Forum is actually about according to your interpolations .
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2023 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Duck 1:

In all due honesty, if all of the items you needed help with are now fixed, and the vehicle is running fine, then yes, you could get a decent price but I would lose the term "Restoration" and simply offer the car as a nice, clean 88 for sale. I think that's what everyone is having an issue with, using that term.

Price is all over the place since 2021. They have sold from $15,000 all the way up to $25,000

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 09-09-2023).]

Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2023 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Duck, your Fiero is a hobby and PFF is here to support you!

Flipping Fieros is different....

By jelly2m8
The 'big' money is in low, low miles all original un-molested GT's in exceptional condition.

As Vintage-Nut I said:
"Collectors" - original low mile unrestored car in perfect condition (mint and big money)
"Enthusiasts" - higher mileage refurbished car with 'minor' flaws however will look, run & drive very well. (lower money)

The main issue in restoring/refurbishing a vehicle AND hoping to sell it, is expenditures normally mounts up and sellers "ask for the moon."

Your car had issues and you had been looking for many original items which are missing on your car which 'okay' as a hobby.....

by cam-a-lot
Fieros are not an investment / if you bought it to make money on it, it is a poor use of your time.

We asked if you'll post some photos on the car, but you won't while asking the same "value" question....."How Much"

I like this answer:

by 82-T/A [At Work]
Your best bet is to get it appraised by a classic car appraiser.

And why the comment:

by jelly2m8
I'm afraid your 88 Gt is going to disappoint you on your sell price if it's sold on this forum.

SO, I think (IMHO) that you bought a '88 "T Top" CJB in poor condition (an example is in 'The Mall')
AND
You intent to sell it for a quick profit rather enjoying and driving it
AND
You HOPE to get more ("How Much" Threads) than your expenditures which many members are saying "Good Luck".

Hopeful, you'll post some pictures of your Fiero soon.....
(Any bets?)
VN

[This message has been edited by Vintage-Nut (edited 09-11-2023).]

PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2023 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, still no pictures?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2023 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This thread needs at least one image.

Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2023 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:
Well, still no pictures?

I believe that Duck 1 will never post pictures of the '88 "T Top" CJB or post anything again..........

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2023 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And a more useful subject title would help..
reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2023 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
funnny how the op omits the most important piece of information on valuing a car/Fiero. Mileage.

The fact that he was considering (or perhaps even did) rattle can painting that car tells me a lot of corners were cut on this "restoration". I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole even if the pictures that we'll likely never see, *look* nice.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2023 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...some how this reminds me of the, my Fiero was signed by John Delorean, how much is it worth thread...

Dukesterpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2023 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DukesterproSend a Private Message to DukesterproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm gonna say this, I still think we are maybe being a bit to harsh, however. Him snidely asking where do you get your information and then responding with every post he has ever made about the car has me howling with laughter. That was funny.

Definitely gives me vibes of Mr. signed by John DeLorean guy, wasn't his a 88GT T-Top too?
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2023 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

...some how this reminds me of the, my Fiero was signed by John Delorean, how much is it worth thread...

That one plus also the thread where the guy had an old Fiero that GM wanted to buy back as part of a secret clandestine plan to eliminate all Fieros from the world. No matter what we all posted, we were wrong! There was no middle ground.

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2024 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand that the Duck-1 Fiero was signed by Daffy.
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2024 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oops...

Duck 1:
Responding to those inquiring about information {in 'The Mall} I failed to include: When I purchased this car the original engine was locked up. Not knowing what condition the transmission was in I decided to replace both.

My father taught me that "Honesty is the Best Policy"............

Possibly I'm wrong, but I have a gut feeling that Duck 1 started his project in 'Poor Condition' and when we asked to post some pictures - he refused.

My 'Poor Condition' Example and NOT Duck 1's Fiero:

And we're still waiting for the 'mileage'.......

On March 8, 2024:

Duck 1:
I have a complete Carfax report that shows 0n 4-5-04 the reported mileage was 133,507 miles. The car sat for many years before I started the restoration.

So, after 20 years and the "restoration", we still do not know the vehicle odometer reading today.......

[This message has been edited by Vintage-Nut (edited 03-09-2024).]

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock