help with seat belts by crashmydaytona
Started on: 01-29-2015 06:07 PM
Replies: 7 (500 views)
Last post by: theogre on 12-10-2018 12:28 PM
crashmydaytona

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2015 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have purchased two sets of seat belts from members on this forum and both times they have been broken hopefully the most recent will refund me my money. With that said is there any way to swap the belts themselves my mechanisms work fine but the PO cut the seat belts 3/4 of the way through for some reason. I cant see a way of doing this but if there is I can take the recently bought seat belts and put them in my working retractor thing ( not sure the proper terminology for them.

Also the part broken on the belts I received have a metal ball with plastic attached to it not sure exactly what they do but there are two in each side one for the shoulder and one for the lap belt can these be replaced with something?

Any help would be great tired of wasting money on broken parts and not being able to have a passenger because I will not let anyone ride without a safe and working seat belt. Thank you
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
crashmydaytona

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2015 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit to remove negative comment and username.

Definately not getting a refund Water under the bridge now take the loss and move on.

I still need help with my seatbelts is there a direct replacement for the fiero seatbelts i can buy new? I have not found anything online yet.

[This message has been edited by crashmydaytona (edited 01-29-2015).]

Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2015 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't see how this is so difficult. There are a lot of Fieros being parted out all over the country, and seatbelts seldom fail. How is it that you get bad ones? Go to the Mall and ask for some, and pick them up from a member that has a long trail of plusses......if that's a word.
crashmydaytona

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2015 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No longer interested in buying used parts on this forum would wrather buy new at this point if anyone has a source. Thanks
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New? for a 30 year old car? You may be looking for a while. There are a lot of responsible sellers on PFF....

edit: I presume there are no Fieros in a yard near you?

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 01-30-2015).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I havent ever replaced a seat belt, but here are some helpful links talking about replacement seat belts:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/134373.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060811-2-070198.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...040710-2-045121.html
alex de jorge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2018 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for alex de jorgeSend a Private Message to alex de jorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This may help for future reference.

https://www.mysafetybelts.com/seat-belt-repair1

https://www.seatbeltsplus.com/FIT.html

I am going with option 1

Alex.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2018 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You generally can't swap belts on old hardware. Many Aftermarket belts are weak and has problems party because many use old hardware.

Exactly what is wrong w/ other belts?
If belts have problems... can be a few things and might be fixable.

Dirty belts are often stiff and won't retract right.
So If belts are dirty then pull all belts out and hold it there.
Clean w/ simple green, woolite, etc, that won't attack the belt. rise and allow to dry before letting to retract.

Belts have 1 bolt and 1 hook to mount the main unit.
Hook goes into B pillar to keep location when you install the bolt. If hook is missing etc then the retractor assem is likely at wrong angle and have problems.

If car is not parked on level ground then belt retractors can lock up. Retractor'd Weights can make this "problem" even when brand new. Sometimes crap gets stuck in/on the weights or locking bar and locked the belt.
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 12-10-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock