3800 Swap 308 GT KIT by Merlinhaggard
Started on: 10-26-2013 04:30 PM
Replies: 101 (2684 views)
Last post by: Merlinhaggard on 01-17-2014 10:09 AM
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Merlinhaggard:

I promised the motor to another forum member. I have struts. Might have some little stuff here and there. Let me know what you need and if I have it, its yours.

Sounds good! Thank you! I'll be in touch!
IP: Logged
Merlinhaggard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So my harness is on its way. I also am getting an alt drop bracket, GP oil adapter and I just placed an order with ZZP for K&N Oil filter, Oil adapter gasket, aluminum coolant elbow's, and a 3.5 pulley.. Once I receive my shipments, Ill be slamming it all back together. Finally, cant wait..
Insky

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2013 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InskySend a Private Message to InskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just curious, but have you checked the fit of your shifter cables? When I did my 3800sc conversion, the stock cross over pipe and 4 speed didn't allow installation of the cables.
Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea Im doing something like this..
Insky

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InskySend a Private Message to InskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the change in angles affecting the shifting?
Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im not sure exactly whats going to happen with the shifting. I made a new bracket yesterday. Ill post pics of it when I get home tonight.

I dropped the fuel tank and installed the high flow pump. When I put the new pump in I had to press it down to get it to seat. I can see that its no longer than the old one as the bracket that holds it is the same. I hope this is normal..

Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IS it normal for me to have to press the fuel pump in when installing it. It was bottomed out with about 1/4 inch to go before it was seated. I guess it sits right on the bottom? Seems like this would disrupt the intake..
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Merlinhaggard:

IS it normal for me to have to press the fuel pump in when installing it. It was bottomed out with about 1/4 inch to go before it was seated. I guess it sits right on the bottom? Seems like this would disrupt the intake..

Are you talking about installing the fuel pump into the sending unit bracket or installing the complete sending unit into the gas tank? It definitely shouldn't bottom out going into the gas tank. There is normally a small gap...
Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2013 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The whole unit into the gas tank. It couldnt be any longer with the new pump in the bracket. I looked at it a few times. Dont get it. I guess Ill find out when I try to crank it. If it doesnt get fuel, Ill drop the tank again??? Thanks a lot for the reply. I wasnt getting much attention..
87_special

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2013 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_specialSend a Private Message to 87_specialEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fuel pump assembly should not bottom out in the tank. It has to have a gap for the pump to draw fuel through the strainer. Remove the unit and make sure it assembled correctly. Make sure the tank isnt dented in. It should be flat on the bottom. If you try and run it that way you could overheat and destroy that new pump. Also, while you have it apart, replace the connector between pump and hardline with a piece of submersible fuel hose and fuel injection hose clamps. That little connector is useless and can blow off at higher pressures.

Nice car btw! I'd love to have a 308 kitcar. I've always thought it was the best kit for the fiery chassis. Good luck with the project. It's going to be a screamer!!!

-Joe (former Fiero Owner)

------------------

1987 SE / Fastback - 3500 Turdbowd / Alcoholic / '92 5-speed swap

No bandwagon here...

Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2013 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87_special:

The fuel pump assembly should not bottom out in the tank. It has to have a gap for the pump to draw fuel through the strainer. Remove the unit and make sure it assembled correctly. Make sure the tank isnt dented in. It should be flat on the bottom. If you try and run it that way you could overheat and destroy that new pump. Also, while you have it apart, replace the connector between pump and hardline with a piece of submersible fuel hose and fuel injection hose clamps. That little connector is useless and can blow off at higher pressures.

Nice car btw! I'd love to have a 308 kitcar. I've always thought it was the best kit for the fiery chassis. Good luck with the project. It's going to be a screamer!!!

-Joe (former Fiero Owner)

Thanks a lot sir. Im gonna check that as soon as I get home..

PFF
System Bot
Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my harness from Fiero Flyer. Very nice harness!!! Also got oil adapter and reverse alternator tensioner. Got it all installed this weekend. Also got plug wires installed and my rear coilovers as well as a hundred other little things. Ill post some pics tonight when I get home..
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bob
Neils88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you get the fuel pump sorted out?
Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not yet. Gonna hit that this weekend. Pics coming.Gotta go to a company party.. Yay..
Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Merlinhaggard

143 posts
Member since Aug 2013

Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my motor in yesterday!!! Not too tough. Didnt know the decklid bracket would dig into my belts. Had to chop that off a bit. Its in there though. Now I get to try and hook everything up. Im excited though.. I lowered the car in the front by 2 coils and have coilovers in the back. Sitting pretty low. Looks a lot better. Ill post pics asap.. Thanks for all of the help everyone!!!
Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2014 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive dropped the alternator and am keeping the LIM (I guess its called the LIM. The old alt bracket with the water lines in it. Are there options for a dogbone or some other stabalizer??
Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New pics

Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the motor running last night. There was a massive amount of vibration in the cab of the car. I'm guessing that this is from not having an upper mount. The old dog bone wont work with the LIM. I'm hoping that when I get an upper mount the vibration will go away. Any thoughts?

[This message has been edited by Merlinhaggard (edited 01-16-2014).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The upper mount should make a difference, just got to rule out any mechanical issues causing the vibration. What type of mounts are you using?

[This message has been edited by Neils88 (edited 01-16-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im using poly mounts. I created another thread here..

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/131510.html
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock