3800 stuff by Merlinhaggard
Started on: 01-16-2014 10:31 AM
Replies: 10 (337 views)
Last post by: MstangsBware on 01-17-2014 10:46 AM
Merlinhaggard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just finished a 3800 swap started the engine last night. The cab had serious vibration. I dont have an upper dogbone. Will the vibration come down when get an upper mount? Thanks guys...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroall

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroallSend a Private Message to fieroallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No it will not. Their could be several reasons for the vibrations. First one is solid motor mounts. Second is not properly balanced flywheel.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroall:

No it will not. Their could be several reasons for the vibrations. First one is solid motor mounts. Second is not properly balanced flywheel.

Also if poly mounts...I have found that eaxh swap I do varies wether its a manual or auto swap..
86GTFastback

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTFastbackSend a Private Message to 86GTFastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had the same issue it vibrated a lot, I joking referred to having a shaker spoiler due to the vibrations, I thought it was the balance shaft I disabled w/ poly mounts as well, after spinning a bearing in under 45 miles, I had the engine balanced before rebuilding. The flywheel was out 70 grams, now its back together and I put the balance shaft gear back in, I can set a glass of water on top and it only oscillates slightly at idle.

I thought I should mention, yes I had the flywheel ground and balanced, by a vendor on here that is no longer with us... for obvious reasons.

[This message has been edited by 86GTFastback (edited 01-16-2014).]

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MT or AT?

SC or NA?

What did you use for a flywheel/flexplate?
Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a Mt and sc. I got the flywheel from mustangs beware. Supposed to be the right flywheel. I also have poly mounts.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Merlinhaggard:

It's a Mt and sc. I got the flywheel from mustangs beware. Supposed to be the right flywheel. I also have poly mounts.

Forsure the correct flywheel but will say it probally was not balanced as I bought it from another member a while back. I myself have never installed a balanced flywheel in any manual swaps I have done. Never had any issues with extreme vibration cause of not being balanced.
NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where did you get the engine from?

------------------
It's a CAR, now drive it!!
http://s1277.beta.photobuck...50016365924013387734

After all the work, It's time to drive it!!

Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got it from a wrecked car. I saw the car and the engine wasnt touched. I think I need to check the firing order. Heres what I have...

Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Merlinhaggard

143 posts
Member since Aug 2013
The motor actually sounded like it was running fine. I didnt run it for long, had a fuel leak which Ill fix this weekend.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Merlinhaggard:

The motor actually sounded like it was running fine. I didnt run it for long, had a fuel leak which Ill fix this weekend.

https://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin...8677&style=printable
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock