Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Build Thread: Customizing My 87' GT (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Build Thread: Customizing My 87' GT by mitchjl22
Started on: 03-13-2012 06:54 PM
Replies: 223 (13786 views)
Last post by: mitchjl22 on 05-17-2021 01:53 AM
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gen2muchwork:

perhaps its my work computers fault, but I only get red x's.

I'd like to see it though.

Yeah... The pictures redirect through Facebook. I'll fix that.

Edit: YES!!!! I own page 2!!!

[This message has been edited by mitchjl22 (edited 11-29-2012).]

IP: Logged
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay i re-posted ALL the pictures to imageshack and re embedded them. I hope some of you that couldn't see any pictures before can see them now!
Reallybig

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like those door pockets! Even the vertical lines are very sharp...plays off the seats nicely. The first thought that came to mind when I saw those door panels were the Diablo door panels.

Ok, not exact...just the first thing that came to mind.
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the interior of that diablo The panels were inspired by an airplane. The upholstery guy was like, "I'm doing these airplane door panels with integrated pockets. Want something like that?" I was like YES! I think they will be useful. I'm just a bit worried about stretching them out.
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks incredible!

Now just get a real engine in it!

Joking, of course, though you know you wanna.

------------------

mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2012 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheRealShadowX:

Looks incredible!

Now just get a real engine in it!

Joking, of course, though you know you wanna.

No to you're so right. Just need the $$$$$$$$$
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2012 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Double post, whoops!

[This message has been edited by TheRealShadowX (edited 12-03-2012).]

TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2012 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheRealShadowX

1456 posts
Member since Mar 2010

Originally posted by mitchjl22:

No to you're so right. Just need the $$$$$$$$$

Nah man, don't sweat it. I have a 3800sc and lots of go fast goodies, and my car is clean overall but your car would whip the piss out of mine on an "Awesome" contest. You're doing a phenomenal job, especially considering your age. You'll get to the swap in time.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna keep drooling over this thread. KEEP IT UP!!!
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2012 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Double Post.

[This message has been edited by mitchjl22 (edited 12-04-2012).]

mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2012 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mitchjl22

1144 posts
Member since Sep 2011
I just installed new TLG LED Switchback driving lights. They work and look good. If you're buying them for the light output i don't recommend the switchback model. Get the high output ones.

spartan_chaz

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2012 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spartan_chazSend a Private Message to spartan_chazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey what wheels are those? And where did you get them
PFF
System Bot
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2012 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The wheels are Enkei RPM2 Bortex. They were on Craigslist for $300 and had decent federal tires. One wheel was dented so I got them cheap, I thought It could be fixed, but it wasn't worth it. I ended up selling the wheels again on Craigslist.
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2012 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mitchjl22

1144 posts
Member since Sep 2011
Love this color. This color with a black roof would look nice I think. Lmk what you guys think.
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2012 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2012 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mitchjl22:

Love this color. This color with a black roof would look nice I think. Lmk what you guys think.

DO EEEET!!!!
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This weekend I replaced my terrible 128,000 mile select shifter cable with a brand new one from none other than Mr. Rodney Dickman! He always makes great products and i'm super happy with this one. Check out the condition of my old select cable! Rodney's new cable is highly recommended and works great!

[This message has been edited by mitchjl22 (edited 12-17-2012).]

mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2012 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know why this isn't on my thread, but this is from the summer, when part of the Fiero Club came out to autcross.

mcguiver3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2012 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcguiver3Send a Private Message to mcguiver3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always nice to see a fellow Fiero owner AX his ride.
I'm in CT an AX every other weekend during the Spring/Summer/Fall.
How often do you get to play with your car out there?
When I first started to AX I used my 86 GT that is street legal.
Now I have a dedicated 88 AX/track car to play with.
Here's a pic

With the proper mods a Fiero is a quick well mannered car that surprises many people.
Our club has about 8 Fieros that compete.
My son has an 88 that he races too, but his is 3.4 carburated NA and runs in a different class, thank God.....
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2012 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The snake river scca organizes 1-2 full weekend races every month from about may to October. It was a blast and that 88 looks like a total blast To race. I can't wait for the winter months to go away and I can Start drag racing and ax again!
canfirst

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2012 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't anyone like my new interior?

She's absolutely gorgeous!
Your a very fortunate young fellow to have a companion like her!
Oh, and your interior is very nice too (heh, heh).
Keep up the great work!
jake88gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2012 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88gtSend a Private Message to jake88gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish my fiero looked half as nice!!!
PFF
System Bot
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2012 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I slid into a curb yesterday, turning left on my way to work. I tore into it this morning and found a bent lower control arm (Rear). That's the only damage really was that the wheel looked like it got bent down. Anyone have a trick to get the rivets out of the rear ball joint better than drilling them out? Also, anything else i should take a look at? Tie rods look okay.

[This message has been edited by mitchjl22 (edited 12-27-2012).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-27-2012 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try hitting the rivets with a grinder. That is how I have always done it. I think that I drilled one out when I was about your age. Never again.

On another note, I did the red LED interior lighting just like you last week. It is fricking saweet! I love how it looks driving along. Thanks for the idea.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2012 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1 on the grinder. Those rivets are hardened steel; you'll be down there all day trying to drill them out.

mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2013 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Made some new floor mats for $20. I also installed a Cue Ball shift knob. I'm waiting on a custom leather shift boot from Mr. Mike.

mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the shift boot from Mr. Mike and it was A+ quality as expected.

[/img]

[This message has been edited by mitchjl22 (edited 03-18-2013).]

Mr.Goodwrench

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.GoodwrenchClick Here to visit Mr.Goodwrench's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.GoodwrenchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love Mr Mikes work. I need to find someone to recover my steering wheel or find a redone one. looks great!
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.Goodwrench:

Love Mr Mikes work. I need to find someone to recover my steering wheel or find a redone one. looks great!

I have a Fierostore steering wheel
http://fierostore.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=75004
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2013 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I Like the Q ball ! where you hit the ball joint, I'd check the entire lower control arm, AND you have an "Alignment" in your future. Make sure you Find a "Reputable Shop" to do it. most places see a fiero, say,"yea, we can do it", & then when you get the "readout" they claim, "well we couldn't get it right because...." Because they don't know HOW ! ask me how I know this.
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2013 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

I Like the Q ball ! where you hit the ball joint, I'd check the entire lower control arm, AND you have an "Alignment" in your future. Make sure you Find a "Reputable Shop" to do it. most places see a fiero, say,"yea, we can do it", & then when you get the "readout" they claim, "well we couldn't get it right because...." Because they don't know HOW ! ask me how I know this.

I ended up trashing the control arm and ball joint. I got a replacement ball joint and control arm. I did the alignment myself at my school. It turned out great!
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sig Check:

------------------
My Car

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/121571.html#p0

PFF
System Bot
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a few leaks and decided I couldn't take it anymore. I'm also going to fix the leaking exhaust manifold and A/C compressor needs replaced. I pulled the engine today!
Me in engine bay shot.
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mitchjl22

1144 posts
Member since Sep 2011

Bad Fusible Link

Edit to fix pictures.

[This message has been edited by mitchjl22 (edited 06-23-2013).]

bmac

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another Gold 87 GT!!! I feel like I don't see many of us around...I can't believe I just found this thread. Car looks sweet man! I have the swithback driving lights in mine as well and love them. I also have a 4.9 v8 . Love what you've done so far!

Brian
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmac:

Another Gold 87 GT!!! I feel like I don't see many of us around...I can't believe I just found this thread. Car looks sweet man! I have the swithback driving lights in mine as well and love them. I also have a 4.9 v8 . Love what you've done so far!

Brian

Thanks! I cant wait to get him back on the road again. Zeus will live again for he is immortal. Haha jk. Zeus is the name i gave to my car. I cant wait for my swap, whatever it may be. Im going to look for your car right now!
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder why i had an exhaust leak...

bmac

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just relooking through this thread and wow! I love the interior man it's beautiful. I spent the last two days at the shop installing new struts, shocks, lowering springs, all new ball joints, and rear brakes along with some interior led lights. I can't ever seem to get a picture to work on here but I'll see if I can get something up, but keep the pics going man I'm loving what your doing with this thing!

Exhaust leak? No wayyy

Brian

[This message has been edited by bmac (edited 06-28-2013).]

mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ordered exhaust manifold gaskets for $0.19 a piece. Some VW part that could interchange. Im much happier having them for a grand total of $3.33

$0.19 EDIT: Rockauto part BECK/ARNLEY - 0396098

$24.99

[This message has been edited by mitchjl22 (edited 06-28-2013).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just ordered a set of these from Rock Auto 2 days ago,waiting for them to come in the mail so I can install them.P.S. your car is looking great.
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a bunch of pictures i still need to add. Kinda out of order, but here's the first start after the fixes.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock