flushmount headlight kit by lowtrickry
Started on: 12-07-2011 03:48 AM
Replies: 20 (3296 views)
Last post by: doublec4 on 09-19-2013 10:39 PM
lowtrickry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lowtrickrySend a Private Message to lowtrickryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have a flushmount headlight kit for sale? Need one to compleat my project
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My set came from the late Kris Munson, who did an absolutely beautiful job using Camaro lights.

Prior to that I made my own,

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...041015-2-051552.html

The template works, and in hindsight, I would have incorporated a bottom plate to cover the hole as part of the main chassis instead of add on covers.

It is a good start if you are doing a custom job.

Arn
lowtrickry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowtrickrySend a Private Message to lowtrickryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya I was thinkin about makin my own, I would love a set od munsons... anyone out there with a set they wanna let go im willing to pay. I need the lenses and the buckets the rest I can fab. Id even settle foor just the lenses
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2011 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone has a Picture to post of: EXACTLY "How" to wire the 4 lights to the original 2 light system,( where the Relays need to be installed, Which relays,) I'm sure it would be a big help to alot of us who are "electronicly challenged". Thanks
lowtrickry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2011 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowtrickrySend a Private Message to lowtrickryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have buckets now I just need the lenses
interceptor429

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2011 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for interceptor429Send a Private Message to interceptor429Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lowtrickry:

Ya I was thinkin about makin my own, I would love a set od munsons... anyone out there with a set they wanna let go im willing to pay. I need the lenses and the buckets the rest I can fab. Id even settle foor just the lenses

treborerellim

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2011 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for treborerellimSend a Private Message to treborerellimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in the process of getting a price on vacuum forming clear lenses from my neighbor who is the owner of plastic fabricators. I will post info as it becomes available. Bob
treborerellim

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2011 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for treborerellimSend a Private Message to treborerellimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

treborerellim

257 posts
Member since Nov 2005
BTW I just talked to a guy who can supply the buckets ala Kris Munsion type for about $60 TO $70 per set. Bob
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kris's set had the aiming mechanism built in with adjuster screws and springs.

Good luck getting that for $70 per set.

Kris's framework was solid aluminum and nicely done.

Arn
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2011 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

Kris's set had the aiming mechanism built in with adjuster screws and springs.

Good luck getting that for $70 per set.

Kris's framework was solid aluminum and nicely done.

Arn

He is not talking about the headlight housings. He is talking about the fiberglass buckets/ledge that go where the headlight doors would be.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 12-13-2011).]

redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2011 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

He is not talking about the headlight housings. He is talking about the fiberglass buckets/ledge that go where the headlight doors would be.

Hey Jimmy, were these the headlight buckets you and I were discussing the other day? I'm trying to compare them to my set up... I need to sort out my buckets and lenses. I assume those sit up into the hole like the headlight doors do? Hense the raised part on the edges???

thanks!
------------------
Rescued & resuscitated 1984 Indy Fiero SE Pace Car Replica #770 presently reversibly modified!
SE: Stormtrooper Edition

Everything is the Previous owners fault

[This message has been edited by redraif (edited 12-14-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2011 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by redraif:

Hey Jimmy, were these the headlight buckets you and I were discussing the other day? I'm trying to compare them to my set up... I need to sort out my buckets and lenses. I assume those sit up into the hole like the headlight doors do? Hense the raised part on the edges???

thanks!

Yes those are the buckets we discussed. They are made to sandwich the lense between them and the hood opening.
redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2011 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very slick! Got some pics printed to stare at to see if I think they will work....
jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2012 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump on these?
redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2012 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the buckets... Now just need a source for the plexiglass cover
Blacktop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2012 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktopSend a Private Message to BlacktopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HOME DEPOT!

Seriously though, I've been waffling back and forth on what to do with my headlights for some time, switch to Gen2 pop-ups, drop 'em to low-profile pop-ups, this that and the other thing, After seeing this and the linked archive topic, I like it quite a bit and I think it's perfectly within my capabilities as a novice modder. I think I'll look into round lights, but if I can't make those fit, go for the rectangles and stagger them a bit in the wells.

Something to add to my build list.

[This message has been edited by Blacktop (edited 08-11-2012).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2012 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktop:

HOME DEPOT!

Seriously though, I've been waffling back and forth on what to do with my headlights for some time, switch to Gen2 pop-ups, drop 'em to low-profile pop-ups, this that and the other thing, After seeing this and the linked archive topic, I like it quite a bit and I think it's perfectly within my capabilities as a novice modder. I think I'll look into round lights, but if I can't make those fit, go for the rectangles and stagger them a bit in the wells.

Something to add to my build list.

There is a new option being offered to in this thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/087489-8.html.

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2012 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good guy, nice lights, only in Canada eh?
doublec4's lights

Arn

[This message has been edited by Arns85GT (edited 08-11-2012).]

MyDream88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MyDream88GTSend a Private Message to MyDream88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

There is a new option being offered to in this thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/087489-8.html.

This link isn't working any idea what's going on?
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MyDream88GT:

The link was to an active thread that is now over 10 months old. It has probably surpassed the no activity time limit and been shuttled off to the archive at which time the link stops working and you'd have to find the thread in the archive.. If I remember correctly it was doublec4 that was making those so you might try pming him to see if he still has or plans to make anymore.

Edit:
Odd, I did a search for the thread and it doesn't show it as archived so let's see if this link works.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/087489-8.html

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 09-19-2013).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MyDream88GT:

Those would be my lights. You recently just missed out on another group buy. However, if there is sufficient interest in the next few weeks, I'll open another.

You can find more details here:

http://embraceracing.com/flushmounts.php

Or check out the mall section and just search for "embrace racing"

If you're interested, just email me or send me a private message. Thank you!
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock