Found Replacement Wiper Arms! by RWDPLZ
Started on: 06-29-2009 10:26 PM
Replies: 86 (6928 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 12-13-2016 08:30 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rockauto has many many excellent prices on wiper blades that fit the factory arm. I see them from $1.50 each up. I'd recommend keeping with that as they are nice low profile arms.
IP: Logged
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the arms from the Chevy C- 1500 pick up referenced on the first page of this thread. They fit perfectly, and are still on today.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2016 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did this mod yesterday, they appeared to fit fine (but were a little loose), worked with great with a wet window. This AM leaving work I turned them on, nothing. Motor was on, the base was spinning and the arms didn't move. Going to use a set screw to make them work. Just thought I drag this one out of the archives for a good laugh. Damn Dorman arms.

Rob
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2016 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been using these for years and they fit perfect. Got them off a pickup at pick n pull. Chances are the actual gm ones are slightly different than what your getting new.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2016 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All 3 of mine, Ferrari and Lambo kits & V8, I used OEM arms, OEM passenger blade and 22/24 inch drivers side. Worked fine for years, wiped a much larger area.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2016 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OEM arms are the only way to go. It amazes me that this thread keeps costing new people money all the time.....By the time people spring for the 2 arms and the blades for them, its at least $50. I asked the original poster to put in a disclaimer in the first post saying that there is a good chance that the Dorman arms will not work, be he insists that all of us have installed the wiper arms incorrectly. No matter how many people have said they will not work for them. To this day, he refuses to warn anyone. I know he had good intentions, but this has cost a LOT of people time an money and not worked for them. He pops in this thread from time to time to tell everyone that the arms work perfectly, and we are all stupid, and do not know how to install wiper arms.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2016 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jwct7:

I ordered a set from Rock Auto and they both spin on my splines.......... no good. Anyone else got another solution???

I see the problem.... Rock auto they are a clearing house to move slow selling merchandise.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 12-13-2016).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock