Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Project 3400 Roller Cam Block (Page 20)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Project 3400 Roller Cam Block by lou_dias
Started on: 07-27-2006 06:49 PM
Replies: 777 (30532 views)
Last post by: lou_dias on 04-16-2024 09:22 AM
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Wow! I just noticed this. Your passenger side driveshaft has some sort of support bracket with bearing... rather than I guess what the other Fieros have, which is an absurdly long driveshaft which can probably get somewhat easily unbalanced. This is pretty cool... was this custom, or is it specific to the transmission you're using?

It's part of using the F-40 6-speed. Get a kit from Archie!
IP: Logged
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2024 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More progress... Headers and valve covers mocked up in place... Lots of work was done to clean up the wiring harness.

Need to use studs in place of some intake bolts since they don't clear the tubes...

------------------
Laughing at trolls who ask me to post 1/4 times when I built on oval track car.
Also laughing at trolls who take 20 years to do a swap...

[This message has been edited by lou_dias (edited 02-08-2024).]

lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2024 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An earlier mockup

[This message has been edited by lou_dias (edited 02-09-2024).]

La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2024 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

An earlier mockup

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2024 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

Couldn't launch the car on Saturday.

You can see my nose bounce on both launches. I think I under-revved the launch... My tach has been inaccurate for years.

That was a great race against the 95 Firebird (Firehawk maybe?).

Also... loved the race with the AMG Mercedes 550S and the 98-02 Camaro SS. The Mercedes owner was being so arrogant, and kind of a douche too... and he totally got his ass handed to him.
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2024 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First start!

https://www.diasintegrated....Fiero/FirstStart.mp4

Apparently at the end of this video the motor stalled due to flooding...which caused many days of harness fixing...

[This message has been edited by lou_dias (edited 03-20-2024).]

La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2024 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It sounds good! Its just asking for more fuel and timing!!
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2024 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After fixing a fark-ton of wiring issues from the installer and even an incorrect thermostat...with still more things to go...

It's alive!!!!

https://rumble.com/v4kab86-3.5l-first-start.html

Currently still running the '7730 A1 ... Once I get it fully stable, I will try switching to the nA1$T code since it offers more tuning options on the top end. The A1 code doesn't control timing well after 4800 and typically doesn't do much else after 6400... If that fails I may switch to a Holley ECU or some other popular system.

La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds very choppy!
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They rewired my fuel pump rather than diagnosing whatever issue they found...so now I have a fuse in the engine compartment that when removed disables my fuel pump.
Cut the fuel pump hot-wire at the aldl port..
My oil pressure gauge pegs and stays there so I need to see if it should get 12v or 5v and look into that...

...but at least the engine isn't flooding anymore to the point of hydro-locking. We stuck a camera done a spark plug hole and would see the cylinders half-filled with raw fuel thanks to their crap "fixing" of my harness.

jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try AUJP v4
https://www.v6z24.com/threa...111745/#post-1239816
This was used on the tpi camaro. The files in the thread are set up for a v6. I ran it on my 3500 before I switched to a 7165 ecm. They have the Bin,ads and xdf files to get you going.
PFF
System Bot
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@jdv
Cool thanks. I'll have to find that video that explains how to convert the older .ads file to Tuner Pro v5 .adx format...

re: oil pressure gauge issue ended up being a bad sending unit

jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2024 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AUJP v4 is older but still supported. The newest version is AUJP v7 that supports boost,two step launch and I think flat shift. Go to third gen.org for more info.This is the thread for AUJP v6
https://www.thirdgen.org/fo...sion-6-released.html
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2024 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll never be boosting this motor. Once it blows up, I will probably do another 3.5 build but make it a street engine again. (Lower compression, traditional valve train)...and make it a daily driver.
I have a Series 3 3800 NA sitting on a palette for 8 years that needs a rebuild and will replace my 4.9...
...and i have a series 2 3800 SC sled-o-matic that needs a rebuild that I want to convert to a 5 speed.

I really need to sell one or two of them at some point.
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2024 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Still working thru issues. Right now major ignition problems.
This is still on pump gas. 93 octane with some octane booster.

[This message has been edited by lou_dias (edited 04-09-2024).]

jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2024 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What type of ignition sat up are you running? DIS or distributor ? What code mack in the ecm?
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2024 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DIS
NA$T1 for the Beretta 3.1 5speed as a base.

Upgrading from UR5's to UR6's. Closing the gap on the 5's got rid of the lower rpm issues but still going crazy > 5000rpm...

[This message has been edited by lou_dias (edited 04-11-2024).]

lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2024 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New plugs are installed. New Taylor wire-set should arrive today. However I found another issue. The rocket-scientists who installed my motor welded in a 2.25" exhaust just before the muffler area. So I have an exhaust restriction over my previous build as well. This will be resolved eventually...

I suppose it's comforting to know I'm making 30 more rwhp despite these issues... Air/fuel is still not ideal (too rich), current hp peak is at 5320 rpm but that's with bad ignition, rich fuel and a restricted exhaust. Also we haven't done any timing changes.
I still need to measure the crank pulley to make sure the Rodney underdrive pulley is being used but my eyeball-measuring tool doesn't think so. Eventually, I'll retune it for E85 which will give me another 7% gain. If I can hit 235rwhp before E85, I should be able to get to > 250 rwhp from this build...still with heavier-than-stock racing wheels on....

[This message has been edited by lou_dias (edited 04-16-2024).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock