Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  Let's talk about the media, and what journalism should be in a free society (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Let's talk about the media, and what journalism should be in a free society by olejoedad
Started on: 01-29-2024 04:23 PM
Replies: 215 (2478 views)
Last post by: ray b on 05-01-2024 02:02 PM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2024 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Valkrie9:

Mega Maga !
All you dempartie fakes out there will shiver in your boots at the sound of the Mega Maga !
The American People are asserting their rights !

It's a shame that Canadians have lost so many of theirs.
IP: Logged
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2024 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I say MAGA+, instead of MAGA, because the Opinion Journalist or "pundit" who does the segment has always been careful to distinguish between MAGA that stays within the bounds of legality and sanity, and MAGA that doesn't... so I guess the MAGA that doesn't could be distinguished by appending a + sign, which creates MAGA+.

Accordingly; LEFTIST + creates extra stupid.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-03-2024).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2024 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
Accordingly, LEFTIST + creates "extra stupid"

Such an important remark deserves to be presented in its full context, so this is the full context... it won't do to expect everyone to go back to the end of the previous page to see the full context.

Journalism includes Opinion Journalism or "punditry."

Does Opinion Journalism get any better than this 6-minute segment from a recent TV broadcast?
https://youtu.be/q8tdiGNiX0U

I don't know if ray b "does" video links. I think this is something that Patrick or BingB would like, and theBDub—were he to make one of his less frequent appearances in this thread.

The other forum members that have checked into this thread would have to make the decision to expose themselves to Opinion Journalism that isn't rightwing, or MAGA+, or pro-Trump, or anti-Biden, or anti-Democrat... etc.

I say MAGA+, instead of MAGA, because the Opinion Journalist or "pundit" who does the segment has always been careful to distinguish between MAGA that stays within the bounds of legality and sanity, and MAGA that doesn't... so I guess the MAGA that doesn't could be distinguished by appending a + sign, which creates MAGA+.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-03-2024).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2024 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Journalism includes Opinion Journalism or "punditry."

What is the role and function of actual journalism?
Journalists, (those who practice the profession of journalism), are responsible for providing their audience with timely, factual information about the world around them.

LEFTISTS + are incapable of discerning opinions from facts.

Consequently, LEFTISTS + consider opinion writers or speakers to be "journalists" and their opinions to be "factual information".

The media used to tell you that something happened and you had to decide what it meant.

Now LEFTIST + media tells you what something means and you have to figure out if it really happened.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-03-2024).]

ray b

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2024 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SO WHY ARE THE FOX PAYING 750 MILLION FOR LYING
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2024 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Pulitzer Prizes are a legacy of the famous American newspaper publisher Joseph Pulitzer (1847-1911.)

A Pulitzer Prize for Journalism currently encompasses 15 different categories of journalism. There's obviously some overlap among the various categories. Four categories that particulary "smack" of Opinion Journalism are Explanatory Reporting, Commentary, Editorial Writing and Illustrated Reporting and Commentary.

Roughly the same can be said for the Hillman Prizes in Journalism, which includes a category for Opinion Journalism.

The Eric Breindel Award for Excellence in Opinion Journalism, usually abbreviated as the Eric Breindel Journalism Award, was awarded yearly from 1999 to 2012.

I have a personal connection with the 2011 Eric Breindel award winner Fouad A. Ajami (1945-2014), having assiduously read his "The Vanished Imam: Musa al Sadr and the Shia of Lebanon," which was first published in book format in 1987. I must have been prompted to read it by my curiosity about the warring involving Israel and Lebanon.

It's inconceivable that the "rinselberg" of contemporaneous times would ever assiduously read an entire book of that length—but once, it happened.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-04-2024).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2024 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tucker interviews Trump ! Yay ! Journalism !
President Trump.. ' It's all boolsheet ! '
No kidding, President Trump !
That is true !
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2024 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 2023 Hillman award winners for journalism: 6 categories.
https://hillmanfoundation.org/hillman-prizes/2023

The 2023 Pulitzer award winners for journalism: 15 categories.
https://www.axios.com/2023/...ze-2023-winners-list

Would these have been your picks?
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2024 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

' If you are reading this, I am dead. ' ~ Peter Worthington, May 14, 2013
Looking for trouble: A journalist's life, and then some
Were you to read it, you would be sad, not having dared to live a life looking for trouble !

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 02-07-2024).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2024 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the glass half empty or half full at the New York Times?

The New York Times Company added 300,000 paid digital subscribers in the fourth quarter of 2023, the company said on Wednesday, helping to push annual revenue for digital subscriptions above $1 billion for the first time.

The Times reported total revenue of $676.2 million in the last three months of the year, essentially flat compared with a year earlier. Adjusted operating profit increased 8.5 percent, to $154 million.

Much of the news media industry is in turmoil, with publishers like The Los Angeles Times, The Washington Post and Business Insider laying off journalists or offering buyouts in recent months. Headwinds include a decline in readers who reach news sites through social media platforms, less user interest in news and a tough market for advertising.

Advertising was a weak spot for The Times in the fourth quarter. Total advertising revenue decreased 8.4 percent, to $164.1 million. Digital advertising fell 3.7 percent and print advertising 16.2 percent.

The [New York Times] company has said it faces a growing challenge from generative artificial intelligence. Late last year, The Times sued OpenAI and Microsoft on a claim of copyright infringement, arguing that articles published by The Times were used to train automated chatbots that now compete with the news organization. OpenAI has argued that the suit is without merit, and Microsoft’s chief executive has questioned the merits of the case.

These are excerpts from the Times' own reporting.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-07-2024).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2024 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Is the glass half empty or half full at the New York Times?

These are excerpts from the Times' own reporting.

Whobody cares?
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2024 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Whobody cares?

It is just more of the Left's "Might makes right" philosophy. They control the press, therefore the press is honest. It is just like their contention that because they control the government police and the judiciary, anyone they arrest or indict is a criminal. It is a Fascist concept. They are not truth seekers, they are truth fabricators.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2024 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

It is just more of the Left's "Might makes right" philosophy. They control the press, therefore the press is honest.

The left does not control "the press". There are plenty of right wing press publications, and they control the largest news media outlet in the world.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2024 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BingB:

The left does not control "the press". There are plenty of right wing press publications, and they control the largest news media outlet in the world.

And the left has been absolutely furious about this ever since Fox News was created ... which by the way, I cannot stand, and haven't watched in almost 8 years.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2024 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While I don't agree with everything in this article, he does make a lot of good points....

https://open.substack.com/p...ost&utm_medium=email

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2024 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

While I don't agree with everything in this article, he does make a lot of good points....

https://open.substack.com/p...ost&utm_medium=email

The problem with his conclusion is that he is asking us to make decisions based on arbitrary behavioral characteristics rather than policy and results. That is exactly what has us in the mess we are in. We have been told to despise Trump because he makes "mean tweets", instead of evaluating his effectiveness.

Citizens can also do their part to end endless whining in politics by trying something different this election cycle:

Don’t read, watch, post, like, share, or give money to any party, activist group, or politician who constantly complains about their media coverage—whiners are losers who don’t deserve the attention

If someone begins his recommendations with "Don't read...", I am skeptical of his motives.

I care less that someone is whining about the media than I do about what he and the media are saying.

It is incumbent upon each of us, as responsible citizens, to do the legwork, dig deep, read all available sources. I don't mean to read until you find something that supports your preconceived notions, I mean to read until you find the truth, even when that makes you uncomfortable.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 02-15-2024).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2024 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If someone begins his recommendations with "Don't read...", I am skeptical of his motives.

I care less that someone is whining about the media than I do about what he and the media are saying.

It is incumbent upon each of us, as responsible citizens, to do the legwork, dig deep, read all available sources. I don't mean to read until you find something that supports your preconceived notions, I mean to read until you find the truth, even when that makes you uncomfortable.

Well said, Willie.
I agree.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2024 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I say MAGA+, instead of MAGA, because the Opinion Journalist or "pundit" who does the segment has always been careful to distinguish between MAGA that stays within the bounds of legality and sanity, and MAGA that doesn't ...

My my.

An opinion journalist / pundit / hack is careful to distinguish between MAGA that stays within the bounds of legality and sanity, and MAGA that doesn't

... in his opinion.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2024 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35957 posts
Member since Jun 2003

How did they come to control the largest news media outlet in the world.

Because the left does control "their press" organizations, in lockstep. It help telling a lie often enough makes it true.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2024 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

SO WHY ARE THE FOX PAYING 750 MILLION FOR LYING

asked but never answered by the randye

in fact other then lying about those he hates
randye don't have much to say

btw randye even your good buddy PUTIN
said trucker is a scum sucker
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2024 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12589 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by cliffw:

Because the left does control "their press" organizations, in lockstep. It help telling a lie often enough makes it true.

FOX and the BIG LIE are a pair

the MSM you hate did not have to pay 750 million for LYING

BUT FOX DID
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2024 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rayb must have had his Wheaties this morning.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2024 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My my. An opinion journalist / pundit / hack is careful to distinguish between MAGA that stays within the bounds of legality and sanity, and MAGA that doesn't... in his opinion.

I expect an opinion journalist to offer his opinions... to "opine," as it were.

Is there a contradiction in that?

I don't understand the import of cliffw's remark, or the reason(s) for the attitudinal signifiers that accompany it.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2024 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MAGIC TRICK ?

OR DID YOU JUST SAY THE LIE ? ''telling a lie often enough makes it true''

AKA THE BIG LIE the key to the rump ''charm''

there is a RIGHTWING CONSPIRACY
ONE PART IS THE CLAIM THE HERD OF CATS TRICK ie reporters editors and talking heads
are all in a conspiracy against the right who are never wrong greedy dishonest or just evil ever
and always support the best and highest standards of the rightwing dogma

ie why the rump fans are in a cult
they believe in him no matter what

he is going broke today
for real acts none political at all
all economic ie numbers not ideas
he cheated the taxes and the loans and the taxes on the loans
even has 50,000,000.00 USD in one FAKE LOAN TO HIDE FROM PAYING TAXES
then claims tax deduction for fake nonexistent loan costs and fees

not once not one year but in a pattern repeatedly

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2024 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is an unusual occurrence....

https://thehill.com/opinion...e-journalists-files/
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2024 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There it is...

"The timing of Herridge’s termination immediately raised suspicions in Washington. She was pursuing stories that were unwelcomed by the Biden White House and many Democratic powerhouses, including the Hur report on Joe Biden’s diminished mental capacity, the Biden corruption scandal and the Hunter Biden laptop. She continued to pursue these stories despite reports of pushback from CBS executives, including CBS News President Ingrid Ciprian-Matthews."

I had beers with Catherine Herridge at O'Kelly's bar in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, back when she still worked for Fox. I lied and told her I was a contractor and wouldn't talk about work, but at the time we really liked Fox News, so we asked her and her team a bunch of questions. She's always been a solid reporter, no matter where she goes. It's almost criminal that someone like that would be fired, specifically because she's 100% interested in the story and truth, regardless of who's on the other end... Republican or Democrat.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 02-22-2024).]

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2024 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A hero to us middle-of-the-road types.

She couldn't take the rigth-wing propaganda from FoxNews, but she apparently wouldn't go full left-wing either.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2024 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A hero to us middle-of-the-road types.

She couldn't take the rigth-wing propaganda from FoxNews, but she apparently wouldn't go full left-wing either.

Fred, you are NOT middle of the road, no one at all believes this nonsense. She left Fox News because she was given a better opportunity. She's VERY conservative, but she's a reporter and journalist above all... and that apparently isn't what the left-wing media wants.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Fred, you are NOT middle of the road, no one at all believes this nonsense. She left Fox News because she was given a better opportunity. She's VERY conservative, but she's a reporter and journalist above all... and that apparently isn't what the left-wing media wants.

BS this is a minor fake crisis over one reporter

but no answer why RIGHTWING NEWS IS BUILT ON LIES

if she is a VERY conservative maybe she could not stop lying

JUST LIKE THE TRUMP THEY LIE HARD AND OFTEN

SOLID EVIDENCE THEY ARE THE DARK SIDE

750,000,000 WORTH OF EVIDENCE

WHAT HAVE YOU GOT OTHER THEN LIES ?

[This message has been edited by ray b (edited 02-28-2024).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BS this is a minor fake crisis over one reporter

but no answer why RIGHTWING NEWS IS BUILT ON LIES

if she is a VERY conservative maybe she could not stop lying

JUST LIKE THE TRUMP THEY LIE HARD AND OFTEN

SOLID EVIDENCE THEY ARE THE DARK SIDE

750,000,000 WORTH OF EVIDENCE

WHAT HAVE YOU GOT OTHER THEN LIES ?

I think your definition of lies are truths that are inconvenient to you...
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
I think your definition of lies are truths that are inconvenient to you...

HOW IS IT YOUR SIDE NEVER NOTICES REAL BS

like the lying tucker snarlson fired by fox
still loved respected and BELIEVED BY THE RIGHT

OR THE RUMP NO QUESTIONS of his constant BS and real crimes
his real convictions for real crimes are hand waved away

while joe is lied about endlessly
one would think we are in a major depression from the Gop doom and gloom repeated endlessly
not setting record job growth are over the top GDP numbers

the Gop wants a depression and trys hard to create one
and no rightwing notices or cares at all
they just spew more lies
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

HOW IS IT YOUR SIDE NEVER NOTICES REAL BS

like the lying tucker snarlson fired by fox
still loved respected and BELIEVED BY THE RIGHT

Wait a minute...wait just one darned minute, Baba Looey...I thought you said Fox loves lies. Wouldn't they therefore love Tucker?

Hey! I just noticed "real BS". Maybe I should join a "side"...Nah, that would cause the island to tip over.

Where'd I leave my beer?

Gotta get ready for my cult meeting...
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sure did love him and his numbers

UNTIL

it cost them big time
750M

money matters follow the money
were is the rump's money going going GONE
AND BECAUSE OF LIES

btw good beer does not need stuff in it
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just ran into an example of "journalism".

Arizona GOP advances bill legalizing killing undocumented migrants on suspicion of trespassing

That is a really scary headline. Legalizing killing human beings just for trespassing is not justifiable.

Then I looked at the source material.

The actual proposed law: https://www.azleg.gov/legte...2R/bills/HB2843P.pdf

Here is where it authorizes deadly force:

B. A person may use deadly physical force under subsection A only
in the defense of himself or third persons as described in sections 13-405
and 13-406.

hmm. That does not sound like a blanket authorization to use deadly force. What do the referenced sections say?

https://www.azleg.gov/ars/13/00405.htm

13-405. Justification; use of deadly physical force

A. A person is justified in threatening or using deadly physical force against another:

1. If such person would be justified in threatening or using physical force against the other under section 13-404, and

2. When and to the degree a reasonable person would believe that deadly physical force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful deadly physical force.

B. A person has no duty to retreat before threatening or using deadly physical force pursuant to this section if the person is in a place where the person may legally be and is not engaged in an unlawful act.

https://www.azleg.gov/ars/13/00406.htm

13-406. Justification; defense of a third person

A person is justified in threatening or using physical force or deadly physical force against another to protect a third person if, under the circumstances as a reasonable person would believe them to be, such person would be justified under section 13-404 or 13-405 in threatening or using physical force or deadly physical force to protect himself against the unlawful physical force or deadly physical force a reasonable person would believe is threatening the third person he seeks to protect.

That does not expand the use of deadly force at all. If anything it makes it clear that use of deadly force is still restricted to defense of your own life or that of another person.

I found and read the actual text of the law and its references in lest than 5 minutes. I am positive it took longer than that to write that article.

The "journalist" who wrote that article is either: A. Really bad at her job or B. Deliberately lying to push an agenda.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that was likely an exception to the particular journo's consistent standard of excellence.

This is a list of other recent articles from Axios reporter April Rubin. I haven't read any of these other articles, but I'm looking at the headlines, and the other headlines are not as suspicious as "Arizona GOP advances bill legalizing killing undocumented migrants on suspicion of trespassing."

https://www.axios.com/authors/arubin
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

btw good beer does not need stuff in it

Child, you haven't got a clue.

edit: This is not my picture.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 02-28-2024).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19549 posts
Member since Mar 2009
I took this picture many years ago in a small town in southern Sinaloa. They told me that in the jail, the scorpions were so big that you could hear their bodies clicking as they climbed the walls.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19549 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

I just ran into an example of "journalism".

Arizona GOP advances bill legalizing killing undocumented migrants on suspicion of trespassing

That is a really scary headline. Legalizing killing human beings just for trespassing is not justifiable.

Then I looked at the source material.

The actual proposed law: https://www.azleg.gov/legte...2R/bills/HB2843P.pdf

Here is where it authorizes deadly force:

That does not expand the use of deadly force at all. If anything it makes it clear that use of deadly force is still restricted to defense of your own life or that of another person.

I found and read the actual text of the law and its references in lest than 5 minutes. I am positive it took longer than that to write that article.

The "journalist" who wrote that article is either: A. Really bad at her job or B. Deliberately lying to push an agenda.

Pay attention, boys and girls, this is how it's done.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Child, you haven't got a clue.

edit: This is not my picture.

So, are you supposed to eat this? Because that's pretty hard-core... I've eaten a Sour Cream & Chives cricket before... but not a scorpion.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think that was likely an exception to the particular journo's consistent standard of excellence.

This is a list of other recent articles from Axios reporter April Rubin. I haven't read any of these other articles, but I'm looking at the headlines, and the other headlines are not as suspicious as "Arizona GOP advances bill legalizing killing undocumented migrants on suspicion of trespassing."

https://www.axios.com/authors/arubin

If you haven't read her articles, how can you deem she has a consistent standard of excellence?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock