Started on: 09-22-2022 04:06 PM
Replies: 197 (2985 views)
Last post by: randye on 01-31-2023 08:12 PM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2022 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Valkrie9:

' OMG ! '
' He's got diesel under his fingernails ! '
' That's so racist ! '
Sounds insane, looks insane, must be insane.
Pelosi mob insane.
' Make them an offer they can't refuse. '
fjb and pelosi too.

Hah... I wonder where I got this video from. I had it open in one of my tabs, and watched it last night, and then wondered how I got there. He totally got that thing running... but it was still busted at the end. He donated it to someone who was going to completely restore it.
IP: Logged
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2022 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Hah... I wonder where I got this video from. I had it open in one of my tabs, and watched it last night, and then wondered how I got there. He totally got that thing running... but it was still busted at the end. He donated it to someone who was going to completely restore it.

Curious about the case of the original owner going to prison for 2-years for filling a wetland.
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2022 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The dump site that made the EPA relevant, and why it is evidence of corruption.

Hazardous to human life... all life.

Lining up twenty barrels making ten tons, then imagining seven hundred rows of twenty barrels, seven thousand tons of the chemical compound.
Encasement, a massive project to contain the seeping disaster, a festering sore, a concrete tomb pumped around the untouchable cesspool.
Still there a century later, pushed some clean dirt on top, a cover-up, massive bribes greasing the way, politicians happily holidaying far, far away.

Look it up, no-one went to prison for the contamination, those compounds leach into Lake Ontario and waters downstream to this day.

health-ny-gov/environmental.../love_canal/lcreport

Curious about.
You could look it up, the landowner dozed some soil onto the wet spot in his yard, didn't get a permit, didn't pay bribes, didn't have competent legal counsel.
The law is applied inversely proportional to the weight of the bank accounts, clearly.

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2022 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

The social media networks that create memes like that one (posted by Wichita) are cackling about "anti-science" leftists.

"U.S. Fossil-Fuel Reserves Alone Could Put Global Climate Targets Out of Reach"

A new fossil-fuel tracker tallies global oil, gas, and coal reserves and projects to show how current production could drive the world above the threshold of 1.5 degrees Celsius.

Heather Richards, E&E News; September 20, 2022; republished by Scientific American.
https://www.scientificameri...argets-out-of-reach/

Read-o-Meter: 4 minutes, 30 seconds.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 09-27-2022).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2022 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Valkrie9:

The dump site that made the EPA relevant, and why it is evidence of corruption.

This should be required reading/viewing in school. There are MANY others like it, too (Times Beach, Centralia, Picher, etc.)

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2022 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
... I'd like more current information on it, but I would have to do more searching online.

"First U.S. eHighway Launched In California By Siemens"
Mark Kane for InsideEVs; January 31, 2018.
[URL=https://insideevs.com/news/336589/first-us-ehighway ...

Really, ? Are you serious, ? 2018, ?
Why are you not a billionaire ? Tell us again how that environmental bullet train is doing ? Tell us again how much money it was supposed to cost. Tell us again how much more was spent. Don't tell us it ain't done yet, we know that.

... this modernized overhead electrification system for trucks takes the old city trolley systems that he remembers to a new level of flexibility and sophistication.

I have a better idea if one really believed that changing our power's best interest was gonna' save the world. Really, I do have a better idea.

I would be remiss if I did not remind you that Kalifornia, and Californians can't even maintain present overhead power lines.

As far as Cheaper2keeper, he should stop taking stupid pills. What a dumb-ass comment from him, that I quoted at the start of this post.

Cheaper2keeper ought to electrify his brain, because lately, whenever he comes online here to post his asinine trolling of me (a new thing on this forum), his brain isn't working worth s**t.

The other day, on another thread, he called me a "manky little muppet." For now, and for at least this one message, I've decided simply to respond in kind. But if he keeps it up, with more of the same childish insults and trash talk that he's been posting for my attention, I may take it up with the forum moderator. (I've had some recent success, in that way.)

Cheaper2keeper needs to address whatever topics are being discussed more directly, and keep his opinions about other forum members out of the conversations.

Really.

Whoopie !

Go ahead and complain that he hurt your feeling while violating the same rules, when you did the same thing.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2022 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Why are you not a billionaire ? Tell us again how that environmental bullet train is doing ? Tell us again how much money it was supposed to cost. Tell us again how much more was spent. Don't tell us it ain't done yet, we know that.

One of the things that Commiefornia and the "Granola people" and Atmospheric Autistics that support the nonsense out there do best is peddle multi-billion dollar wet dreams and unicorn farts along with their own paranoia,... which of course is what the whole "green movement" really consists of.

Commiefornia is like a bowl of Granola. Whatever isn't fruits or nuts....is flakes.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 10-04-2022).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2022 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whoopie ! Go ahead and complain that he [Cheaper2keeper] hurt your feeling while violating the same rules, when you did the same thing.

I didn't say that Cheaper2keeper hurt my "feeling". I said (in so many words) that he's being an arse wipe. Because if he wanted to argue or discuss anything that I said, he had every reason to do so, directly, without being an arse wipe about it, and no reason whatsoever to be an arse wipe about it. He's the one that started it.

I would be remiss if I did not remind you that Kalifornia, and Californians can't even maintain present overhead power lines.

I have not been talking about long stretches of overhead power lines criss-crossing the entire state. Just overhead power lines on certain, specially selected stretches of roadway for EV cargo trucks, and especially trucks that would be shuttling back and forth between a destination at one end and a destination at the other end. Such as between a container ship port and a railroad freight terminal.

Germany has had one of these Siemens eHighway installations that stretches for about 70 miles from one end to the other, and that's in an environment where winter ice and snow are not uncommon, in contrast to the areas in California and particularly, southern California, where this has been talked about.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-05-2022).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-05-2022 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rinsey, ya dumb b-turd...

We can argue politics all week, I dont give a crap. As an ex-pat from Cali i'll rip you a new hole right out the taco and and tickle things doing it....****en left-coast wierdo.

Now is not the time to play those games, dude....

Get the frack off your ass, pack up some money, food cans, sweaters, jeans, whatever and send them to the rebel boys (and girls)...

They got hit hard this time...

Pretty sure your local church is organizing something...
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2022 04:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have not been talking about long stretches of overhead power lines criss-crossing the entire state. Just overhead power lines on certain, specially selected stretches of roadway for EV cargo trucks, and especially trucks that would be shuttling back and forth between a destination at one end and a destination at the other end. Such as between a container ship port and a railroad freight terminal.

Germany has had one of these Siemens eHighway installations that stretches for about 70 miles from one end to the other, and that's in an environment where winter ice and snow are not uncommon, in contrast to the areas in California and particularly, southern California, where this has been talked about.

rinselberg quotes rinselberg... to post a correction. Germany has three of the Siemens eHighway installations with overhead electrical lines for a total of just over 6 miles, altogether, of electrified highway. The longest of the three stretches for just over 3 miles.

"Germany Now Has Three eHighways Where Trucks Are Being Powered By Power Lines Above"
Obafemee80 (screen name) for AutoJosh; November 8, 2021.
https://autojosh.com/german...y-power-lines-above/
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2022 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Curious about the case of the original owner going to prison for 2-years for filling a wetland.

Yeah, I was wondering about that too... I'd have to guess maybe there was more to that.
PFF
System Bot
WonderBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2022 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg quotes rinselberg... to post a correction. Germany has three of the Siemens eHighway installations with overhead electrical lines for a total of just over 6 miles, altogether, of electrified highway. The longest of the three stretches for just over 3 miles.

"Germany Now Has Three eHighways Where Trucks Are Being Powered By Power Lines Above"
Obafemee80 (screen name) for AutoJosh; November 8, 2021.
https://autojosh.com/german...y-power-lines-above/

So, I wasted my time watching that video. Why did I waste my time? I was hoping that the video would explain where the electricity powering those overhead power lines come from. Not mentioned.
Wind FARMS?
Solar panel FIELDS?
Unicorn FARTS?
Am I missing something?

This is more load on the grids is it not?
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2022 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Follow the science politics.

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 10-06-2022).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2022 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WonderBoy:
So, I wasted my time watching that video. Why did I waste my time? I was hoping that the video would explain where the electricity powering those overhead power lines come from. Not mentioned. Wind FARMS? Solar panel FIELDS? Unicorn FARTS? Am I missing something? This is more load on the grids, is it not?

The electricity has to come from somewhere.

This forum thread was started in reference to California, but these Siemens eHighway setups cannot be installed anywhere on the planet without looking at the requirements that would be imposed upon the "grid".

The Biden administration has been pushing for new offshore wind energy projects. There's at least one that's being visualized for California. There has also been reporting on a plan for a new wind energy project in Wyoming that would include the long distance grid connectivity to bring some of that power to California. I've posted in this forum recently about both.

I like the aesthetics of this overhead electrification technology, but I am not here to say that it's a "no brainer" that California should have this. Maybe not. Maybe there is more upside to the opposed piston diesel engine technology that I posted previously in this thread:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...HTML/000377.html#p23

What I've been trying to do is to bring this thread around to the idea that there is more to CARB (California Air Resources Board) than "woke", which is a reference to how this thread was started.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-06-2022).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2022 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You cannot destroy the oil and gas industry without a viable alternative. So CARB is woke with their nonsense. Your gov better come up with a plan to charge all those vehicle batteries and soon. It takes years to build the required infrastructure.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2022 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:
You cannot destroy the oil and gas industry without a viable alternative. So CARB is woke with their nonsense. Your gov [sic] better come up with a plan to charge all those vehicle batteries and soon. It takes years to build the required infrastructure.

Part of the plan is developing more offshore wind energy for the West Coast, including California.

Floating Offshore Wind Turbines concept; YouTube video (2 minutes).

"Floating Offshore Wind Shot", Wind Energy Technologies Office, U.S. Department of Energy
https://www.energy.gov/eere...g-offshore-wind-shot

"FACT SHEET: Biden-⁠Harris Administration Announces New Actions to Expand U.S. Offshore Wind Energy"
White House press release; September 15, 2022.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/...ffshore-wind-energy/

DOI [U.S. Department of the Interior] also announced a new goal to deploy 15 GW of installed floating offshore wind capacity by 2035—enough clean energy to power over five million American homes. This builds on the Administration’s goal to deploy 30 GW of offshore wind [floating and seabed anchored, combined] by 2030. DOI’s Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) will advance lease areas in deep waters for floating technology, starting with a lease auction off the coast of California by the end of 2022. Achieving this ambitious target will spur billions of dollars of economic opportunities and avoid an estimated 26 million metric tons of carbon emissions annually.

West Coast Ports Analysis: DOE announced a nearly $1 million project funded by the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law to reduce key infrastructure challenges by outlining a network of West Coast ports and upgrades needed to deploy commercial-scale floating offshore wind.

West Coast Transmission Analysis: DOE announced an analysis to review existing transmission studies and identify research gaps related to offshore wind integration in California, Oregon, and Washington. This work will help inform future analysis efforts that will aid in transmission planning and buildout.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-10-2022).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2022 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds great. Until the wind is calm.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2022 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:
Sounds great. Until the wind is calm.

Offshore winds are more reliable. The farther offshore, the better on that score. That's why the interest in wind turbines that float. It makes it more feasible to install wind turbines farther offshore and in deeper waters.

Wind, and offshore wind, is only part of the "game".
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2022 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So you admit that Green Energy is gaming the population?

Whodathunkit? 🤔
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2022 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:
So you admit that Green Energy is gaming the population? Whodathunkit? 🤔

Not at all, When I ended my previous remark with the word "game", I set it off with quotation marks to indicate that it is a figurative or metaphorical reference, not a literal reference.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-12-2022).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2022 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Sure"
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2022 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2022 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Offshore wind [works in tandem with] solar energy by providing [zero carbon energy] at the end of the day and into the evening..."

"... [upwards of 2000 MW] of offshore wind [energy] by 2030 and 25,000 MW by 2045, enough to power 3.75 million homes [by 2030] and 25 million homes by [2045]."

California Energy Commission press release; August 10, 2022.
https://www.energy.ca.gov/n...ugh-power-upwards-25

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-13-2022).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2022 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2022 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't need to go searching online to be able to say with the utmost confidence that the meme that just emerged on this thread is "bull"—but I searched and found this:

Wind turbines produce no greenhouse gas emissions during their operation. It takes a turbine just three to six months to produce the amount of energy that goes into its manufacture, installation, operation, maintenance [and its] decommissioning after its 20-25 year lifetime. During its lifetime a wind turbine delivers up to 80 times more energy than is used in its production, maintenance and scrapping. Wind energy has the lowest ‘lifecycle emissions’ of all energy production technologies.

It's from WindEurope, a newsletter that is sponsored by the wind energy industry, so not an inherently objective or unbiased source. Nevertheless, I would probably die instantly of a heart attack if anyone on this forum would actually substantiate the meme that "a windmill could spin until it falls apart and never generate as much energy as was invested in building it."

With an incentive like that, what's holding anyone back?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-14-2022).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-14-2022 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's actually more of a turquoise color...

But I guess you could call it green(ish) energy.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2022 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2022 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13854 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2022 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2022 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"GE is laying off 20% of its U.S. workforce devoted to onshore wind power, costing hundreds of jobs"
Seema Mody for CNBC; October 6, 2022.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/1...undreds-of-jobs.html

It's a brief report, which starts with three "bullets"...
  • GE is cutting hundreds of jobs in its onshore wind power group.
  • The move comes as GE faces a trifecta of challenges: Rising input costs, supply chain issues, and competition from the likes of Siemens.
  • GE is also in the process of splitting into three publicly traded companies, focused on health care, aerospace and energy.

Forum readers (hoping that's not an oxymoron) should remark that I've been highlighting the prospects for offshore wind energy.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-15-2022).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2022 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Solar and wind are NOT viable alternatives at this time. The reason is because batteries cannot store enough energy during times wind and solar are not producing power. If your goal is to reduce CO2 emissions you need nuclear power at this time.

Destroying the coal and gas industry then begging OPEC for relief is beyond stupid.
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2022 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did someone say "nuclear"..? From Hudini's lips to Greta Thunberg's ears...

"Greta Thunberg challenges German Greens on nuclear power"

The German right has found a new and unexpected ally: Greta Thunberg. Invited to journalist Sandra Maischberger's popular talk show on public broadcaster ARD, the Swedish environmental activist said on Wednesday, October 12, that Germany should continue to run its existing nuclear power plants rather than rely on coal-fired ones. "If we have them already running, I feel it’s a mistake to close them down in order to focus on coal," said the founder of the Fridays for Future movement. In July, the German government had announced the reopening of 10 coal-fired power plants by spring 2023.

There's appreciable media "buzz" about how the recently enacted Inflation Reduction Act is expected to revitalize the nuclear power industry, although the Cato Institute isn't so "bullish" about "nukes"...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/.../000262-13.html#p513
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2022 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stop Oil Now

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 10-15-2022).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-15-2022 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did someone say "nuclear"..? From Hudini's lips to Greta Thunberg's ears...

"Greta Thunberg challenges German Greens on nuclear power"

There's appreciable media "buzz" about how the recently enacted Inflation Reduction Act is expected to revitalize the nuclear power industry, although the Cato Institute isn't so "bullish" about "nukes"...

Ohhhh.....Greta "feels" it might be a mistake. Probably feels regret too. It shows on her face...

Yea, we know....

Except, most of us call that feeling and face "constipation" or "morning strains" and it comes from a quadruple-cheese pizza with not nearly enough beer to thin things out. Yet we never learn with those things, less pizza or more beer. Just keep on doing the same thing....But then there is only room for so much, and a man HAS to have priorities when choosing.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 10-15-2022).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2022 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I just said in this thread (a few posts back), there is appreciable media "buzz" about how the recently enacted Inflation Reduction Act is expected to revitalize the nuclear power industry, although the Cato Institute isn't so "bullish" about "nukes"...

The Cato Institute... what else would you expect from them?

The Democrats in Congress and the President are the Inflation Reduction Act, and almost everybody (except the Cato Institute) is bullish on the prospects of the U.S. nuclear energy sector getting a substantial boost because of the recent passage of the Inflation Reduction Act. In the core of a nuclear reactor, neutrons are like the spark plugs in a gasoline engine, and President Joe Biden, aka "Dark Brandon", has been depicted in a way that suggests laser-like beams of neutrons streaming outwards from his very eyes! "Nuclear Joe". . .

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-16-2022).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2022 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time for the left to divest everything if they are serious about Climate Change.

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 10-16-2022).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2022 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I expect nothing from them, Rinse.....except more B-S.

Even 6 months ago nuclear was the big-bad-wolf.....now it gonna save us. 6 months ago EV's were gonna save the planet, now people are being told not to charge/use them

It's one giant cluster-****.

How about just leaving things the way they were that has worked for HOW long ? And stop trying to micro-manage every living (and non-living) thing on the planet.

SMH.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2022 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2022 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a good thing that Wichita has memes to put the spotlight on the "Just Stop Oil" people who splashed the contents of a can of soup onto a museum piece, leaving the Van Gogh painting itself undamaged because it's behind protective glass, but inflicting some small vandalism on the frame that surrounds the painting.

Thinking about these "Just Stop Oil" activists (barely beyond teenagers) who went to the museum with mischief in mind, Wichita's a genius by comparison—but then, so is a doorknob.

Everyone who doesn't think like Wichita must be exactly like these "Just Stop Oil" miscreants.

How could it be otherwise?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-17-2022).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2022 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was a spot-on meme. Posted again because

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock