Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  School shootings... what changed? (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
School shootings... what changed? by 82-T/A [At Work]
Started on: 05-25-2022 01:27 PM
Replies: 321 (3793 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 06-23-2022 01:15 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2022 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now, to put this thing back on track, I will repeat myself again:

Originally posted by williegoat:

Obviously one has to be mentally ill to commit such an evil act, but here is something else to think about:

The Buffalo and Uvalde murderers were both 18 years old. From the age of 12 to 16 (think about the influences on your life during those years) America was full of hope and promise. There was world peace and a booming economy. When they were just about ready to enter adulthood, the door was slammed in their face; Covid, war, a devastated economy.

These rampage killers are predominately “angry young males”.

What creates angry young males?

Two major factors are:

1) The lack of respectable adult male role models
Without a father figure, these kids look to their peers for guidance. This leads to violent youth gangs, and lost children respect the gang leaders. Read “Lord of the Flies”.

2) No coping skills
When kids never face defeat (everybody gets a trophy), we end up with “sore losers”.

Both of these problems are a direct result of ill informed, leftist policy. See LBJ’s “Great Society”.

From child psychology to gun control, the more Leftists try to fix things, the worse they get.

Here is some advice: Every time a leftist says we need fewer guns, it is the signal to buy more guns.

How about we face the problem instead of trying to blame a piece of hardware or an entire nation.

IP: Logged
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2022 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Why are these school massacres only occurring in the US?

Other countries have all dealt with COVID.

Other counties are facing economic uncertainty.

Other countries have politicians that segments of the population detest.

Other countries have "spoiled" youth who've never had to face corporal punishment.

Other countries have had a whole generation exposed to first-person shooter games.

Other countries have mentally sick individuals living on the streets.

Other countries have rampant drug use, both legal and otherwise.

Other countries have legalized abortion. (Only mention that bizarre point as it was brought up Here.)

So I repeat... Why are these school massacres only occurring in the US?

It's well past time to be addressing the elephant in the room... far too easy access to firearms in the US.

No, I'm not suggesting that your gun(s) be taken away... but damn, at least have the rules and regulations tightened up in regards to who can legally purchase them.

So, this is where Patrick first came into this thread, back on Page One.

He's not singling out the United States as any kind of "evil empire." This is where many people are "at", including many of williegoat's fellow Americans.

I don't think that changes to gun laws at either the state or national level can be the only response to this, but I do think, based on some reporting that I saw earlier today, that there could be some changes at the national level involving the systems of background checks on gun purchases, and the so called "red flag" laws and policies. Relatively small changes, overall, to the arcane and intricate (and largely unfathomable) Rube Goldberg patchwork of national and state laws, regulations, customs and practices that impinge upon the flow of firearms and perhaps even ammunition (and perhaps even bullet resistant body armor) through the body politic. (So to speak.)

Gun Safety Law Factoid: There are six states—Florida, Washington, Vermont, California, Illinois and Hawaii—that have restricted the legal purchase of those proverbial "long" guns to persons of age 21 or older.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-27-2022).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2022 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How about we face the problem instead of trying to blame a piece of hardware...

In the wrong hands, that "piece of hardware" can be catastrophic in its implementation.

You've accused me of being a "troll" more than once in this thread, of not discussing a "solution". From my very first post in this thread...

No, I'm not suggesting that your gun(s) be taken away... but damn, at least have the rules and regulations tightened up in regards to who can legally purchase them.

"Facing the problem" includes investigating certain options that some people, for personal reasons, may not be entirely comfortable doing.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-27-2022).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2022 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Facing the problem" includes at least investigating certain options that some people, for personal reasons, may not be entirely comfortable doing.

How about we tighten up school security everywhere? Guns are not the problem if someone is intent on harming children.

"China school attack: Man kills eight elementary children on first day of term"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/ne...-attack-man-19312796

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2022 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

How about we tighten up school security everywhere? Guns are not the problem if someone is intent on harming children.

A man in China killed eight children with a meat clever, on September 3rd 2019.

China, with a population of 1.5 billion... and you had to go back almost three years to find an incident of children being killed in a school there?

Okay.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2022 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

As the story is slowly coming together, this is looking more and more like the problem in the Uvalde incident.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/ne...-attack-man-19312796

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2022 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 05-27-2022).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2022 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What changed?
Liberals/Progressives got in power.
Nancy Pelosi doesn't like the border wall but, wants her work place and home surrounded by a wall and armed security.
Just one example.

Personal responsibility left town. It's not the tool but the mental midget using it at fault.
------------------
Rams
Intelligent people speak because they have something to say, fools speak because they have to say something.
Consider that before telling anyone what's on your mind.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 05-27-2022).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2022 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never volunteered and I wasn't drafted. But I wonder if it's at all common for people in the armed services to refer to their military rifles and sidearms as "tools."

I'm not a hunter and have never been one. On a few occasions, I've been with hunters. My memories aren't perfect, but I can't imagine that they ever referred to their deer rifles as "tools." They probably didn't ever call them "weapons", either. Just "guns", or "rifles."

Calling what became the Uvalde perpetrator's murder weapon a "tool"... that's a euphemism if there ever was one.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-27-2022).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2022 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

What changed?
Liberals/Progressives got in power.

It's not the tool but the mental midget using it at fault.

What a coincidence of nomenclature.

Mental midgets and Leftists, (pardon the repetition), are also referred to as a "tool".

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-27-2022).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2022 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The way I see it, there were three opportunities to prevent the Uvalde murders.

The the kid had a miserable family life. I am not sure it could even be called family life. Somewhere along the way, someone should have recognized this. Maybe the schools should have seen it. I have been through training to recognize drug abuse, school faculty should have something similar.

The next opportunity for intervention came after the many overt warning signs, threats, social media posts, etc.

The last chance (and this is controversial) seems to be a breakdown in safety protocol at the school and possibly a lack of training of the initial responding officers. Because the story is still fluid and we must rely on news reports, I could be way off base on this one. We shall see.
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-27-2022 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The the kid had a miserable family life. I am not sure it could even be called family life. Somewhere along the way, someone should have recognized this. Maybe the schools should have seen it. I have been through training to recognize drug abuse, school faculty should have something similar.

A **** -ton-lot of us did without turning into mass murderers. I could tell of abuse that wouldn't even be called abuse, downright torture.

The next opportunity for intervention came after the many overt warning signs, threats, social media posts, etc.

Possibly, but for some they are just "rough around the edges" and have a dark sense of humor. Threats need to be taken in context (IE: defensive or offensive.)

The last chance (and this is controversial) seems to be a breakdown in safety protocol at the school and possibly a lack of training of the initial responding officers. Because the story is still fluid and we must rely on news reports, I could be way off base on this one. We shall see.

BINGO !!!!.....but it seems to be going around. So does generalized stupidity. This one was in Toronto today.

https://torontosun.com/news...wn-in-citys-east-end

If you are going to walk down a city street with a rifle in Toronto, put the thing in a violin case !!!

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 05-27-2022).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

BINGO !!!!.....but it seems to be going around. So does generalized stupidity. This one was in Toronto today.

https://torontosun.com/news...wn-in-citys-east-end

If you are going to walk down a city street with a rifle in Toronto, put the thing in a violin case !!!

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...L/000208-4.html#p152
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19401 posts
Member since Mar 2009
So the guy was shot because he had a pellet gun? I read several articles and could not find out what he did. All of the articles said that people were scared because he had a pellet gun, so the cops shot him. That can't be it, can it?
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The last chance (and this is controversial) seems to be a breakdown in safety protocol at the school and possibly a lack of training of the initial responding officers. Because the story is still fluid and we must rely on news reports, I could be way off base on this one. We shall see

It's worth noting that the last of those opportunities required a good man with a gun to stop a bad man with one.

The solution to the school shootings is 5 simple words.

MANDATORY ARMED SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICERS

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-28-2022 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup.

Welcome to Canada.

I don't have any of mine on display here at this place (even though its legal with a trigger lock) because if somebody sees them through the window I got a swat team kicking down the door. One of the few downsides of ground floor.

People have been conditioned to go mental in panic at just the sight of something that looks like one.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Yup.

Welcome to Canada.

I don't have any of mine on display here at this place (even though its legal with a trigger lock) because if somebody sees them through the window I got a swat team kicking down the door. One of the few downsides of ground floor.

People have been conditioned to go mental in panic at just the sight of something that looks like one.

This is what the left wants for America.

I watched this Youtube video from CBC news: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrNg662L-yk
This is the first comment: "The recent horrendous shootings and mass murders in American schools have put everyone on high alert. Erring on the side of caution is understandable. Maybe not right but understandable. Nobody should be walking around with a gun on display. A bb gun is not visually recognisable as a bb gun."

"Erring on the side of caution is understandable." This is the mindset that I am fighting against. What they are saying is: If someone worries you, the government should kill him. I don't see how anyone can think this is civilized.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-28-2022 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the kind of thing they are using for justification...

https://www.personaldefense...nlmwiuCIJkd9A7F3A%3D

And in all honesty, I cant really blame them for not knowing and once ya do, you will always be second-guessing.

I'd have never taken that thing for a Glock.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This was on my signature line for a very long time.

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

For some unremembered reason I changed it to something else but, it is still accurate and the truth.
Consider our current tragedy and tell me the left isn't doing the exact same thing now.

We need to remember who the bad guy was in Texas.

Rams
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The most recent high-profile murder spree where the perp(s) used bombs (or a bomb) as their murder weapon was the Boston Marathon bombing in 2013.

Then there was the Nashville bombing in 2020, although I had to think a bit longer to remember that one. (That perp only murdered or suicided himself, although he injured people and destroyed significant property.)

Bombs vs. Guns as the murder weapons of choice for America's menagerie of miscellaneously-motivated murderers is a sharply dissimilar comparison. It's like Kumquats vs. Oranges, in terms of commonality. (When's the last time you had a Kumquat? An Orange, or Orange Juice? Include slices used as garnishes, or twists, or zest. Flavors, glazes and sauces.) And that's why the preceding remark from "Rams" is not all that overwhelming or forceful in its logic.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-28-2022).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Rams

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun.........

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^ That is the funniest thing I have seen all week ^^^
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19401 posts
Member since Mar 2009
I want to elaborate on my suggested solutions:

In an earlier post, I suggested that one contributing factor in these incidents is the lack of respectable adult male role models. This seems to be the case in the Uvalde murders.

There should be some kind of mechanism in place, maybe within the school system, to identify potential problems before they get out of hand. The kid needed help long before he became dangerous. There should be “counselors” who could step in and provide the necessary adult guidance. This is where people who claim to care about the children could show that they are sincere.

This is when the authorities should have been involved.
When the kid says that he wants to kill everybody, someone needs to knock on his door. We do that when someone threatens the president. Is Joe Biden’s life more important than the children who were killed?

-In summary-
I am not saying that every kid who grows up in less than ideal circumstances will become a killer, but I know that there are people who have the experience to identify those who might. As another member is fond of saying, “Nip it in the bud.”

I am not saying that every threat will be followed through, but if we can investigate everybody who was in DC on January 6th, we can certainly investigate a kid who says he is going to commit mass murder.

We need to get our priorities in order. The recent incidents in Buffalo and Uvalde were far worse than anything that took place in DC on Jan 6th. The worst thing on that day was when the U.S. government used a gun to execute an unarmed citizen. This is unacceptable.

Don’t blame the U.S. citizens, don’t blame the gun. You are only contributing to the problem.

Fix the system that has been perverted by decades of failed leftist policy, or get the F**K out of the way and let the adults handle it.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-28-2022 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The gun was legal.

Under state law, the young man who killed 19 children and two teachers at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, was entitled to his guns. He bought his AR-platform rifles legally for his 18th birthday. He had no criminal record. He was, until the moment he shot his grandmother, a law-abiding citizen, the kind of person we are supposed to trust with high-powered firearms.

But this gets to the fundamental problem with the conservative idea that the only people with guns we have to worry about are the “bad guys.” It’s the idea that, as Senator Ted Cruz of Texas put it last year, after a gunman killed 10 people at a grocery store in Boulder, Colo.: “You go after violent criminals, you go after felons, you go after fugitives, you go after those with serious mental illness, you stop them from getting guns. And when they try to illegally buy a firearm from you, lock them up and put them in jail.”

To the conservatives who posit a sharp distinction between “good guys with guns” and “bad guys with guns,” law-abidingness is an inherent trait of a class of individuals. It is an ontological category; some people have it, others don’t. Any form of gun control is verboten in this worldview because it could interfere with the ability of a “good guy” — of a “law-abiding citizen” — to obtain that to which he is entitled.

This is not how the world works. People are law-abiding until the moment they are not. They are “good guys” with guns until their circumstances and their choices make them “bad guys” with guns. And from the perspective of the person who sells guns and ammunition, there’s no way to know whether a law-abiding customer will, at some point, become a criminal.

The most vociferous supporters of permissive gun laws seem to believe that an armed society will be, for the most part, self-regulating. That we will be able to keep weapons out of the hands of the wrong people and insofar as we can’t, a law-abiding citizen will be there, with a gun, to stop the bad guys, whenever and wherever they appear.

But people don’t exist on such a strict binary. And when we allow for the unlimited proliferation of weapons, we guarantee that when the switch flips, people will die.

If that is the cost of freedom — if our liberty demands the occasional massacre — then conservatives ought to make that case.

Guess what? I did not write this.

"When the Cost of Liberty Is the Occasional Massacre"
Jamelle Bouie for the New York Times; May 28, 2022.
https://www.nytimes.com/202...lican-gun-texas.html

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-28-2022).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

The gun was legal.

Under state law, the young man who killed 19 children and two teachers at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, was entitled to his guns. He bought his AR-platform rifles legally for his 18th birthday. He had no criminal record. He was, until the moment he shot his grandmother, a law-abiding citizen, the kind of person we are supposed to trust with high-powered firearms.

But this gets to the fundamental problem with the conservative idea that the only people with guns we have to worry about are the “bad guys.” It’s the idea that, as Senator Ted Cruz of Texas put it last year, after a gunman killed 10 people at a grocery store in Boulder, Colo.: “You go after violent criminals, you go after felons, you go after fugitives, you go after those with serious mental illness, you stop them from getting guns. And when they try to illegally buy a firearm from you, lock them up and put them in jail.”

To the conservatives who posit a sharp distinction between “good guys with guns” and “bad guys with guns,” law-abidingness is an inherent trait of a class of individuals. It is an ontological category; some people have it, others don’t. Any form of gun control is verboten in this worldview because it could interfere with the ability of a “good guy” — of a “law-abiding citizen” — to obtain that to which he is entitled.

This is not how the world works. People are law-abiding until the moment they are not. They are “good guys” with guns until their circumstances and their choices make them “bad guys” with guns. And from the perspective of the person who sells guns and ammunition, there’s no way to know whether a law-abiding customer will, at some point, become a criminal.

The most vociferous supporters of permissive gun laws seem to believe that an armed society will be, for the most part, self-regulating. That we will be able to keep weapons out of the hands of the wrong people and insofar as we can’t, a law-abiding citizen will be there, with a gun, to stop the bad guys, whenever and wherever they appear.

But people don’t exist on such a strict binary. And when we allow for the unlimited proliferation of weapons, we guarantee that when the switch flips, people will die.

If that is the cost of freedom — if our liberty demands the occasional massacre — then conservatives ought to make that case.

Guess what? I did not write this.

"When the Cost of Liberty Is the Occasional Massacre"
Jamelle Bouie for the New York Times; May 28, 2022.
https://www.nytimes.com/202...lican-gun-texas.html

Because only the government has the wisdom to kill unarmed citizens?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-28-2022 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THAT is simple common sense, Rinse.

Just like a Rat, we can be free and at risk, or safe in a cage.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is not a gun issue.
Keep saying the same thing over an over but it does not change the facts.

This young man was systematically turned into the monster that killed those kids. He didn't wake up one day like this, this was an erosion of his soul. Broken family, no one wanted him. Bullied and abused at school and once again no one paid attention. Father was absent and when he was there he was a horrible role model. Mother was a drug abuser, could not take care of the child so off to the grandmothers. Friends stopped hanging out with him and abandoned him when he started down this path of violence. The signs were there but no one was paying attention to this kid.

The school system was not following policy, the door was propped open and he came into the school without anyone challenging him. There was an active shooter in the vicinity with documented 911 calls and the school was not locked down. He had already shot his grandmother, wrecked his truck and then shot a two more people as he fled the now wrecked truck. Walked to the school while the cops were going to where the two men he shot at.

Once inside he.... well you know what he did, I can't make myself write it.

During this time there are several on going 911 calls, kids as well as adults. But by now its too late to lock down the school.
As the cops started arriving its been said that the order to stand down and secure the school was given. That order came from the Chief of police. The border patrol agent was off duty and getting a hair cut. He arrived with a barrowed shotgun from the barber. I am not positive but I suspect he was the one that ended this.

There will be a lot of spin and damage control, a lot of "if he did not have a gun" but lets not lose focus. While the cops were outside they were told to stand down. They were told that the kid had killed everyone in the room and was barricaded in and no further threat. From what I read this was not the truth, and during this time there were still kids inside the school on the phone with 911.

In the days and weeks we are going to see them focus on the Gun, lay sole blame on the shooter and once again those that let this happen will go back to doing the same thing and create more walking time bombs.
They failed this kid, they failed the kids that he killed and the cops failed the people they swore an oath to protect. This is not a gun issue, this is a people issue. The ones that just wanted to let this kid age out of their responsibility and go home.

Its disgusting and makes me sick thinking how everyone in this kids life let this happen.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I alluded to earlier, two of the worst mass murderers in history advocated for disarmament and socialism.

They were the government: Mao and Stalin.

The U.S. founding fathers knew, from personal experience, that such men existed. This is why we have the second amendment.

I will not submit.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 05-28-2022).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19401 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Jake is absolutely right, and his post made me think of something else.

Why don't we put cameras in every classroom? If something like this is happening, the police could see inside and respond accordingly. An added benefit would be that both students and teachers might just think twice before engaging in questionable activity.

Cameras are cheap nowadays. They are almost ubiquitous. Public schools are public.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, American values have been carved in stone (so to speak) since 1776? Okay, fine.

Yes, that's correct. They are written on paper and stored in the National Archives building at the Smithsonian on the National Mall.

I still can't help think then that American values may differ from Americans' values.

You can think all you want. But if the country truly felt the way YOU think they felt, then that amendment would have been overturned. The Constitution is a living document, meaning that it can be amended. To pass an amendment to the U.S. Constitution (including one that overrules a prior amendment), would require ratification by 3/4ths of the states. We are a Republic, not a Democracy, which means that 10 billion people living in California's slums cannot institute laws that affect the other 49 states. It would literally require ratification from the individual senates from at least 3/4ths of the states in the union. That is unlikely to ever happen unless there is a colossal sea-change of opinion in the United States. Our culture is one that was born out of rebellion... that is our national identity. Canada, for example... (correct me if I'm wrong), was still a territory of England until like the mid 1990s. Matter of fact, you still have to swear an oath to Queen Elizabeth 2nd if you file for Canadian citizenship.

The United States is totally different. We swear an oath to uphold the constitution ... e.g. those "VALUES" that I speak of. We are effectively pledging an oath to ourselves, and the construct that guarantees that our rights are inalienable.

The oath I took:

"I 82-T/A [At Work], do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well; and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

The pledge my daughter takes every morning in school:

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Pledging allegiance to the flag, is pledging allegiance to uphold the values of the United States that are defined in our Constitution.

The additional pledge my daughter took every morning when she lived in Texas:

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 05-28-2022).]

PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mag locks would be even better and can be activated from a button. (they will not do anything if some ass hat props open a door)

Why was the school not in lock down? There was the 911 call from the grandmothers shooting and the 911 call from where he wrecked his truck.
I want to know why the doors were not locked, how sad would it be if this could have all been avoided by a door bolt.

I hope the right people are paying attention to this incident. I hope those that were charged with the care of this community are held accountable to the oath or at the very least the job description.
I'm out, going to go spend some time out in the world. Wish me luck.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The killer in Buffalo was a racist. Why did he choose a grocery store in New York, instead of a Black Panther clubhouse?

For those who are a bit slow on the uptake or simply uninformed, the killer said that he chose his target because "NY has heavy gun laws".

rinselberg asked: "If that is the cost of freedom — if our liberty demands the occasional massacre — then conservatives ought to make that case."

I will ask, If the lives of those in Buffalo are the cost of disarmament, if safety demands an occasional massacre, then the left should make that case.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19401 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Oh, and the answer to rinselberg's question is that "the occasional massacre" is not the cost of freedom. It is the direct result of evading the issue, obfuscating the solution in the interest of promoting a political agenda.

As I have said, face the problem instead of taking the easy way out.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The truth about what REALLY happened is starting to come out. If it's true they waited over an hour to respond (and especially if they really did only save their own kids), that entire police force should be executed, by firing squad. Cowardice on this scale hasn't been seen since the French surrendered in World War II. We've known since Columbine almost 25 years ago that every second counts, and you don't stand around outside waiting for someone to come do your job for you.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The most recent high-profile murder spree where the perp(s) used bombs (or a bomb) as their murder weapon was the Boston Marathon bombing in 2013.

Then there was the Nashville bombing in 2020, although I had to think a bit longer to remember that one. (That perp only murdered or suicided himself, although he injured people and destroyed significant property.)

Bombs vs. Guns as the murder weapons of choice for America's menagerie of miscellaneously-motivated murderers is a sharply dissimilar comparison. It's like Kumquats vs. Oranges, in terms of commonality. (When's the last time you had a Kumquat? An Orange, or Orange Juice? Include slices used as garnishes, or twists, or zest. Flavors, glazes and sauces.) And that's why the preceding remark from "Rams" is not all that overwhelming or forceful in its logic.

So, logic is your strong suit? If there's ever a situation where someone you care about had/has to depend on your logic to save them. Good luck with that.
Let us know how that works out for you and them.

Jake is absolutely right.

Absolutely!

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 05-28-2022).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think it's the people who go online on message boards like this, to express their support for "gun rights", that ever (hardly ever) turn their guns into criminal weapons.

Was this Uvalde perp an NRA member? Did he ever do anything personally to support "gun rights"? I think they're mostly like that. The school campus murderers and their ilk.

Which has given me an idea.

How about creating a special class of firearms for "2A buffs"..?

So you want to have what the progressive and liberal media have been calling "weapons of war"..? Semiautomatic rifles with detachable magazines and the other features that are popular with America's Mass Murder Shooters?

Here's the requirements for a legal purchase from a federally licensed firearms dealer:
  1. The applicant must be age 35 or older, and submit proof that they are have been living on their own for at least a full year prior, and are not financially dependent on their parents or anyone else for their housing and other living requirements.
  2. The applicant must submit proof of online activity (online forums, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram; etc.) and have a solid track record of pro "2A" and "gun rights" commentaries.

Otherwise, for those who do not qualify on these criteria for this special class of firearms... only more basic or "Plain Jane" kinds of firearms. A "Biden model" shotgun. A semiautomatic rifle without a detachable magazine, or detachable but no more than 10-rounds per magazine, round size and velocity limitations... whatever kinds of firearms that are not "weapons of war."

Problem solved.

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A man in China killed eight children with a meat clever, on September 3rd 2019.

China, with a population of 1.5 billion... and you had to go back almost three years to find an incident of children being killed in a school there?

Okay.

Do you have a point about the tightly controlled media in China?

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just as everyone is talking about two mass murders, here is what is being swept under the rug from last week: Testimony by Robert Mook during the Sussman trial has been very revealing. I will let you look it up for yourself.

Now, flash back to another three day weekend in the summer of another election year. James Comey made a statement regarding Hillary Clinton and by the next day, the whole country was talking about two high profile police shootings.

Now, go back to my original post on the first page of this thread.

Funny how things go, sometimes.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So you want to have what the progressive and liberal media have been calling "weapons of war"..? Semiautomatic rifles with detachable magazines and the other features that are popular with America's Mass Murder Shooters?

Here's the requirements for a legal purchase from a federally licensed firearms dealer:
  1. The applicant must be age 35 or older, and submit proof that they are have been living on their own for at least a full year prior, and are not financially dependent on their parents or anyone else for their housing and other living requirements.
  2. The applicant must submit proof of online activity (online forums, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram; etc.) and have a solid track record of pro "2A" and "gun rights" commentaries.

Otherwise, for those who do not qualify on these criteria for this special class of firearms... only more basic or "Plain Jane" kinds of firearms. A "Biden model" shotgun. A semiautomatic rifle without a detachable magazine, or detachable but no more than 10-rounds per magazine, round size and velocity limitations... whatever kinds of firearms that are not "weapons of war."

Problem solved.

So, no support for the Constitution and apparently one that asks "Not what you can do for your country but, what your country can do for you?
You want to take away other's Constitutional Rights and hope the police will respond in time to defend you?
You didn't or haven't done much (if anything) to serve or preserve the US as a freedom light of the world?

There are times when one has to take a stand ya know. It would appear you've led a blessed and protected life that someone provided.
Those 19 kids and 2 teachers might have still been breathing had someone been prepared to defend them. Apparently, that person would not be you.
So, IMHO there's still a big problem.
It appears that you believe that replacing the current laws with your proposal will keep "Bad Guys" from committing such crimes. Just curious but how many gang members or "Bad Guys" do you think got their weapons legally or have a permit to carry?

Maybe not in your neighborhood but, most folks can go buy or steal a gun from a relative or neighbor when they go nuts. Your proposal is pure

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 05-28-2022).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay