Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  School shootings... what changed? (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
School shootings... what changed? by 82-T/A [At Work]
Started on: 05-25-2022 01:27 PM
Replies: 321 (3794 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 06-23-2022 01:15 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Jake,
I agree with just about everything stated but, who isn't allowed to legally possess a firearm? Felons are not normally allowed, maybe others in different states. Our Constitution states no infringement and although I do realize there are folks out there that can't handle the responsibility of possessing a firearm, what is the justification to not allow them to the same rights we all have?

I've seen no reason this 18-year-old shouldn't have been allowed to buy/own a firearm, right up to the point he shot his grandmother. At least nothing has been reported. There may be a history that we're not aware of yet. Please don't take this (in anyway) of supporting this evil person but, I can't see punishing every other 18-year-old for the acts of a few evil doers by taking their right to possess a firearm away. Not that you have suggested that.

From what has been reported, the school had a policy of locked doors while in operation. Obviously, the doors were not secured. According to the TX DPS, there was no security officer present at the school when this occurred. Lots of bad information being spread. I'm sure there will be legal consequences to the school district for not following their own policy but, this all comes down to one very troubled teen who obviously lacked responsible adult supervision at several points in his life. I am interested to learn more about this teenager and hope we all learn something from that knowledge.

Rams

This is exactly my opinion. Infringement on the right to keep and bear arms is exactly what got people in NY killed.

I underlined and highlighted a sentence near the end of your text. This is where our focus should be. This is the cause of the problem. Focusing on guns is only perpetuating the problem.
IP: Logged
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Patrick would rather insult an entire country than have a civil discussion about the facts.

It's rather difficult to have a "civil discussion" online with someone who apparently can't read. I've said nothing negative about the US anywhere in this thread.

I am fed up with leftists...

Oh, here we go. Knew that was coming. Yep, hang a label on someone, then dismiss anything they may have to say.

Yeah, I am pissed. If you cannot or will not help, get out of my face.

Good, stay that way. Write a tune about it.

Meanwhile, Todd has compared the US to any number of third world countries (and he's apparently okay with that ), and 2.5 wants me to watch yet another video. Good times in P&R!!!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I've said nothing negative about ...

Instead of claiming you are not being understood, one could try to rephrase, use other sources that people might understand, bring up history, facts, etc.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh gawd, another video...

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

At least you are predictable Mr Toad My videos differ, your response doesnt seem to.

There is a post above that vid post as well.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-26-2022).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most violent crime was declining for decades before the last few years. Guns haven't gotten easier to get. So it's not as simple as just "guns exist." Clearly there is a cultural/systemic issue at play. But that same access to social media, technology, education, mental health, culture, etc. is elsewhere, so it's not as simple as just "it's a culture problem" or "it's a mental health problem."

Here's the thing. We could probably drastically reduce mass shootings, or at least school shootings like this one, by limiting access to guns. That's a fairly simple deduction by looking at other countries. We're way out there. I do believe gun control would help resolve some of what we see...

Now that the Republicans are mad at me, here is where I piss off Democrats...

I don't think it's worth losing our second amendment rights over.

We shouldn't be so willing to give up our right to arm ourselves. I don't think there should be many restrictions on private property at all. Why shouldn't I be able to own a tank, as long as I don't kill someone with it? Obviously, it gets a little hairier when you ramp up to nuclear warheads, so there is a line somewhere, but in general we should not feel comfortable having a ton of rules around what weapons we can and can't own.

Practically? I guess something has to be in place. I am not that opinionated on what that small line should be, I just know I want it to be small.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Instead of claiming you are not being understood, one could try to rephrase, use other sources that people might understand, bring up history, facts, etc.

My opening post was written in plain English. It's the only language I know. If you have a problem understanding anything in particular that I've stated, quote it and ask me about it. I'm not "rephrasing" everything I've posted.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My opening post was written in plain English. It's the only language I know. If you have a problem understanding anything in particular that I've stated, quote it and ask me about it. I'm not "rephrasing" everything I've posted.

I do not, thus my responses, which you did not respond to .
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Here's the thing. We could probably drastically reduce mass shootings, or at least school shootings like this one, by limiting access to guns.

You sonofabitch, you've attacked America! Willie and the poor boys will be by shortly to straighten you out.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-26-2022).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here's the thing. We could probably drastically reduce mass shootings, or at least school shootings like this one, by limiting access to guns.

What would replace "shootings"?

We shouldn't be so willing to give up our right to arm ourselves.

Agree

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-26-2022).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I do not, thus my responses, which you did not respond to.

Oh, I responded... just not in the manner you were after.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jake,
I agree with just about everything stated but, who isn't allowed to legally possess a firearm? Felons are not normally allowed, maybe others in different states. Our Constitution states no infringement and although I do realize there are folks out there that can't handle the responsibility of possessing a firearm, what is the justification to not allow them to the same rights we all have?

I've seen no reason this 18-year-old shouldn't have been allowed to buy/own a firearm, right up to the point he shot his grandmother. At least nothing has been reported. There may be a history that we're not aware of yet. Please don't take this (in anyway) of supporting this evil person but, I can't see punishing every other 18-year-old for the acts of a few evil doers by taking their right to possess a firearm away. Not that you have suggested that.

From what has been reported, the school had a policy of locked doors while in operation. Obviously, the doors were not secured. According to the TX DPS, there was no security officer present at the school when this occurred. Lots of bad information being spread. I'm sure there will be legal consequences to the school district for not following their own policy but, this all comes down to one very troubled teen who obviously lacked responsible adult supervision at several points in his life. I am interested to learn more about this teenager and hope we all learn something from that knowledge.

Rams

If you've ever purchased a firearm, you're familiar with Form 4473 (the one submitted when performing the background check). The form contains a number of questions you're required to answer, and I'm reasonably certain he lied on one or more of these:

https://www.atf.gov/firearm...-form-53009/download

e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized
for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.
f. Have you ever been adjudicated as a mental defective OR have you ever been committed to a mental institution?
k. Are you an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States?

We also know for certain he wasn't legally in possession of the pistol, you have to be 21 to purchase one.

Also for someone who just turned 18 and purchased the guns, he was highly effective with them, and familiar with their operation, AND had access to $5000 to purchase them. Something doesn't add up...
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Agreed to the point, if there is a threat identified then by all means limit their access to guns. Not by banning guns but by policing and making people responsible.
How many times has there been red flags and they have been ignored. Protocols not followed? Absent parents?
Biden said they were all his kids, well that includes the broken ones. Perhaps start there.

They need to help these kids, who knows how many of these incidents could have been prevented if someone was just paying attention.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

They need to help these kids, who knows how many of these incidents could have been prevented if someone was just paying attention.

This is a step in the right direction.
The gun grabbers are going down a dead end, literally. Fewer guns would stop some incidents and facilitate others. It is not the solution.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well Patrick, while I'll agree you didn't attack America, you are attacking American values. The vast majority of us do value our Constitution and you have attacked our Constitution somewhat indirectly but attack you did. When the 2nd Amendment is attacked, most of us don't appreciate it very much, especially from an outsider. But, it's your opinion and nothing says you can't speak it loud and clear. Just don't be surprised when you get unflattering responses.

Rams
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to check in again, here. I haven't looked at any of what's been said since I checked out, back on Page Two.

Seems like the news media accounts are changing. About the perp, and about his first encounters with local police. Be that as it may, I think, at the end of the day (rhyme intended), I am still drawn to the idea of the Age21 Act, which would make 21 years the minimum age, across all 50 states, for anyone to legally purchase an AR-15 style, semiautomatic rifle.

In Texas, it's only 18. Perhaps there would be some exceptions, as there are in Florida's law, for law enforcement, corrections officers and military who are 18 or older, but not 21. But that's all very hypothetical, in terms of the political realities. Nevertheless, it represents my state of mind about it.

Before I last checked out, back on Page Two, I was chattering about the M14 rifle. But then, just a few minutes ago, it hit me. It's the M16 rifle that is the most singularly emblematic U.S.-issued military rifle of the Vietnam era. (Is it not?) And the verse that I was trying to remember was "The M16 is a marvelous gun..." Not the M14.

So, a correction, issued in the nick of time. Before the error was compounded any further. Whatever was I thinking.

Actually, when I tried to find that verse online, I started by zeroing in on U.S.-issued military rifles of the Vietnam era, and the first one I hit on was the M14.

That's how it happened.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-26-2022).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well Patrick, while I'll agree you didn't attack America...

Perhaps a small step in the right direction...

...you are attacking American values.

...and then a stumble.

What are "American values"? I know for a fact that Americans are not one large homogenized population. "American values" will differ from person to person, family to family, income level to income level, etc. There are citizens of your country who are every bit as American as you or Willie or Todd who's values do not include firearms in any way, shape or form.

Okay, back to what I may or may not have done. Ron, help me out here. Did RWDPLZ "attack" your Constitution by posting what he did Here? No? Why not? He was posting rules and regulations... you know, limitations... on who can legally purchase a firearm. Isn't he another sonofabitch, just like that BDub dude?

I'm not going to bother quoting my entire first post from this thread again, but in the relevant part at the end of it, how have I attacked American values? Is it because I agree with the rules and regulations posted by RWDPLZ, and would like to see them enforced?

It's well past time to be addressing the elephant in the room... far too easy access to firearms in the US.

No, I'm not suggesting that your gun(s) be taken away... but damn, at least have the rules and regulations tightened up in regards to who can legally purchase them.

Originally posted by Patrick Here:

Despite never owning a firearm, I'm not against ownership of them, as some here have tried to imply over the years. Heck, I even posted about my experiences at the gun range Here.

Someone please tell me... how have I "attacked" "American values"?

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your post is predicated on a lie.

You ask: "Why are these school massacres only occurring in the US?"

These massacres do not happen only in the US. I posted plenty of proof of that.

Your libelous contention was intended to disparage my country. This is detestable.

You have insulted me and my fellow Americans.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay, back to what I may or may not have done. Ron, help me out here.
Someone please tell me... how have I "attacked" "American values"?

Patrick,
My intent was not to attack or insult you. Just gave you my opinion of what you did.
I'll only say this, I try to stay away from Canadian policies and values.

Rams
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your post is predicated on a lie.

You ask: "Why are these school massacres only occurring in the US?"

These massacres do not happen only in the US.

Some progress. It's the word "only" that you're choked about. Okay, valid point.

How about this then?

"Why are 99% of school massacres occurring in the US?"

Oh sure, we can debate the percentage... but for whatever reason the overwhelming number of school massacres world wide are taking place in the US.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick,
My intent was not to attack or insult you. Just gave you my opinion of what you did.

Ron, I didn't interpret your post in any negative fashion. I was just genuinely interested to learn, if I could, how I "attacked" anything or anyone.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 12:45 mark. 12 minutes and 45 seconds from the start of this video segment.
https://youtu.be/f1pd7FcQ7tI?t=765

OK, I'm not exactly trying to browbeat or even entice anyone to view it. But let me describe it.

First, he goes back to 1934, when Congress made sawed-off shotguns illegal, and made automatic weapons (like the Tommy guns wielded by the likes of the original Machine Gun Kelly) a restricted class of firearms, with special licensing requirements, in terms of how they could be sold to the general public.

Then he recounts the story of what Warren E. Burger, the Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court from 1969 to 1986, said in 1991—five years after he retired from that office.

The former Chief Justice Burger said (in 1991) that if he were creating the Bill of Rights again, there would not be a Second Amendment.

The venerable MSNBC anchor observes that Burger was nominated by President Nixon to become the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court in 1969, and describes Burger as a "life-long Republican."

It includes the video of Burger making that statement.

"Keep it right here, if you appreciate this kind of 'sidebar' commentary."

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some progress. It's the word "only" that you're choked about. Okay, valid point.

How about this then?

Oh sure, we can debate the percentage... but for whatever reason the overwhelming number of school massacres world wide are taking place in the US.

That is not progress. You are still lying.

That is the sorriest apology I have heard from anyone other than a leftist politician.

Oh, and leftist is a descriptor. It is "plain English".
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What are "American values"?

As a culture and as a national community, our values are clearly stated in the Declaration of Independence. They are explicitly defined in the articles within our Constitution of the United States and in the Bill of Rights (which is defined by the first 10 amendments to the U.S. Constitution).

These are literally our values. They are not arbitrary, and they are not defined by the changing wind of politics who whomever is in charge of the media, or whatever the kids think is cool. They are explicit, and they belong to all of us in the United States. Our rights and our values are inalienable, and they cannot be removed simply because someone believes it to be politically expeditious.

bDub, Rinse, Willie, etc... I did read the responses. I'll respond, just caught this in passing and had to respond to this.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is the sorriest apology I have heard...

"Apology"? Who said anything about an apology?

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

At least you are predictable Mr Toad My videos differ,

No, they don't. They are, at base all the same. Parrotting someone else's thoughts and opinions and now, they are even telling you how to arrive at their thought processes.

You've been around PFF long enough to be able to go back into OT Archives and see what you were like when you used your own thought process and life experiences. You were much better informed then, much more interesting and much more articulate. I've womndered more than once, how did you ever function, much less survive in the pre Youtube era.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 05-26-2022).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

...our values are clearly stated in the Declaration of Independence.

So, American values have been carved in stone (so to speak) since 1776? Okay, fine.

I still can't help think then that American values may differ from Americans' values.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Most violent crime was declining for decades before the last few years. Guns haven't gotten easier to get. So it's not as simple as just "guns exist." Clearly there is a cultural/systemic issue at play. But that same access to social media, technology, education, mental health, culture, etc. is elsewhere, so it's not as simple as just "it's a culture problem" or "it's a mental health problem."

Here's the thing. We could probably drastically reduce mass shootings, or at least school shootings like this one, by limiting access to guns. That's a fairly simple deduction by looking at other countries. We're way out there. I do believe gun control would help resolve some of what we see...

Now that the Republicans are mad at me, here is where I piss off Democrats...

I don't think it's worth losing our second amendment rights over.

We shouldn't be so willing to give up our right to arm ourselves. I don't think there should be many restrictions on private property at all. Why shouldn't I be able to own a tank, as long as I don't kill someone with it? Obviously, it gets a little hairier when you ramp up to nuclear warheads, so there is a line somewhere, but in general we should not feel comfortable having a ton of rules around what weapons we can and can't own.

Practically? I guess something has to be in place. I am not that opinionated on what that small line should be, I just know I want it to be small.

I see the first two paragraphs as contradictory.

Would you elucidate?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Adam Kinzinger explains to "Morning Joe" why he thinks firearms sales should be restricted to buyers that are at least 21 years of age, and he also discusses... well, you probably don't want to see or hear any of that. The part you might want to see (about firearms) is at the beginning of this 11-minute YouTube video segment. A theoretical possibility that you might want to see it. A possibility that is almost zero—but not quite. Quantum theory forbids that. There's at least a Planck length's possibility that you might want to see it. And that's as close to zero that you could ever be.

Air date: May 26, 2022.
https://youtu.be/qctZVvjN2Mc

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

The "They" would be a nuclear, functional, family that has the ability to properly raise a normal, well adjusted, child.

The "They" would NOT be wildly dysfunctional, abusive or absent parents, especially FATHERS.

https://schoolshooters.info...stable_home_1.15.pdf

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-26-2022).]

PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13818 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by rinselberg:

The 12:45 mark. 12 minutes and 45 seconds from the start of this video segment.
https://youtu.be/f1pd7FcQ7tI?t=765

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Air date: May 26, 2022.
https://youtu.be/qctZVvjN2Mc

*snerk*

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-26-2022).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How about this then?

This is not true. It has been shown to you already but you don't seem to care.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2022 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

This is not true. It has been shown to you already but you don't seem to care.

School shootings, school massacres... whatever these horrible events are called... where exactly are they listed in the links that Willie provided? I'll make this real easy for you. Here are the links. Where are they?

https://worldpopulationrevi...rder-rate-by-country

https://www.nationmaster.co...nt-crime/Murder-rate

https://www.indexmundi.com/...IHR.PSRC.P5/rankings

etc, etc....

Try to keep up.

Why does Canada have so many criminals?

https://www.nationmaster.co...otal-crimes-per-1000

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-27-2022 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-27-2022 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Willie

Want to know why Canada has so many criminals ??

Because there is no freedom and so many things are a "crime".....like using words (the specific charge is "uttering"), or coughing.

https://lfpress.com/health/...87-b98b-b291e7bc7d6c

**** them AND their laws, I'll stay a proud coughing, uttering, criminal !!
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2022 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

*snerk*

So where was the video?

No video?

No gas, no video?

Video.

No freakin' video. That one was a waste of time. Sorry I even looked at it.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-27-2022).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-27-2022 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For all the ones clamoring for gun control ... I guess you never heard of 3D printers ....BUT, in a country like Canada (or England, or Australia or...) that still leaves an ammo acquisition problem.

(that 1st picture is hilarious) https://www.recoilweb.com/w...un-files-140438.html

Sooo....lets forget about guns altogether.

Ever heard of a Legolini or Adderini ? https://legolini.com/

For about $40-$50 bucks in materials, and a weeks print time, anybody can make something that will put 6 broadheads (just as lethal as a bullet) out as fast as the weapon can be pumped. Same as a shotgun. With a laser on it, it is just as accurate as any firearm out to 30 yards or more. You can even make quick-change loaders so they load just as fast as a pistol or a big-scary-looking AR.

Bolts come from Amazon, or just make them too.....

USA has no restrictions on them period, and in Canada the only restriction is they have to be 60cm or longer (no pistols) to stay legal. Throw a buffer tube and brace on it and the condition is met.

So, now how are you gonna regulate something JUST as lethal as that "aaSSAAUUULLLttttt rifle" (and silent to boot) that any kid can cook up in his bedroom on a $250 printer with a $30 roll of filament ? Repeating crossbows are nothing new, they have been around for 1,000 years and kill just as effectively now as they did then. Except now they are lighter, stronger and more powerful thanks to modern materials.

Prohibition and the "War on Drugs" should prove to anybody just how well "laws" and "bans" work. If somebody wants something, they are going to get it (or a very close substitute) one way or another. "Laws" cant stop them from cooking up meth in the kitchen, so how is it going to stop weapons in the bedroom (or dining room table)

Something different is needed. in the 80's we all had guns and bows in our cars and trucks at school and went hunting when we cut class. Nobody and nothing got shot up except a few trees, rabbits and squirrels. The odd deer in season. AND gun control was non-existent. You got an FAC (it was called) which was a basic background check, bought whatever you wanted, took it home from the gun store on the spot, and there WERE no "safe storage" laws. Those didn't come around until the Liberal stupidity in 1996. 70's and 80's the YMCA ran a pellet rifle range in the gym on Saturdays. Pump action Crossmans. Most of us "shooters" were 10-12 and under. I was about 7 when I started going.

Yet there were no mass shooting. The guns haven't changed and responsible gun owners haven't changed. 99.9999999% of gun owners will never go on a shooting spree.

So, you need to find out what DID change (liberalism) between 1982 and 2022.

(Oh, you want "less than lethal" for home defence ?) 1/2" steel ball to the forehead wont kill ya, but it will sure as hell knock you cold and put a nice fracture in your skull doing it.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4755914

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-m...get/instant-rufulini

Yeh, as ya were saying about laws and bans ?????

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 05-27-2022).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2022 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

School shootings, school massacres... whatever these horrible events are called... where exactly are they listed in the links that Willie provided? I'll make this real easy for you. Here are the links. Where are they?

I told you about the largest school shooting in history, in Russia. Even Kamala Harris knows that is a big country in Europe.

I told you about the the killings in Norway where the murderer shot 67 children. He took his time because he was the only one on the whole island with a gun. I was sitting next to a lady who was born and raised in Bergen, as that story unfolded throughout the day.

Randy's post above lists five more.

I am through spoon feeding you. Either open your eyes, or live in the dark. It's your choice.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2022 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19455 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Smart kid. Probably a bloodthirsty American. Confiscate his pencil. Nobody should be allowed to possess that much lead. He will be fine with a crayon.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 05-27-2022).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock