Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  An American 2nd Amendment thread (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
An American 2nd Amendment thread by 2.5
Started on: 09-28-2020 04:22 PM
Replies: 311 (5311 views)
Last post by: Valkrie9 on 09-01-2022 08:21 AM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2022 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A win for Americans, freedom and constitutionality.

"Four More Second Amendment Court Decisions Vacated by Supreme Court

It is now the burden of the state to prove any law restricting the right to keep and bear arms must have a history and tradition greater than the Sullivan law in New York. If the state cannot prove such a history and tradition exists; the law is unconstitutional under the Bruen decision.

The four cases, which have been languishing in the courts for years, are these:

Association of NJ Rifle & Pistol Clubs v. New Jersey
This case involves the ban on magazines of over 10 rounds by New Jersey. (Third Circuit)

Young v. Hawaii
This case is about the denial of Hawaii to issue carry permits for outside the home. (Ninth Circuit)

Duncan v. Bonta
This case involves the ban on magazines of over 10 rounds by California. (Ninth Circuit)

Bianchi v. Frosh
This case involve the ban on semi-automatic “assault weapons” in Maryland. (Fourth Circuit)

All four cases have been sent back to three different circuit courts of appeal, to be re-evaluated under the clear-cut rules of the Bruen decision. This is what is expected when the Supreme Court invalidates the previous system used by the various circuits over the last decade and more.

The Supreme Court has told the offending circuits: You did it wrong when you considered these laws under your convoluted two part system with a three part level of scrutiny. Evaluate them again, using the process laid out in Bruen. How long this will take is unclear.

New Jersey and California have already made policy decisions saying the “good reason” requirement in their carry permit law is now unconstitutional.

New York seems inclined to find ways to attempt to thwart the direction of the Supreme Court.

The Hawaii government appears to remain silent on the issuing of permits at the moment.

Analysis:
The Supreme Court has sent a message to the lower circuit courts. It appears to be: bans on items protected by the Second Amendment are out of bounds. Bans on the carry of firearms outside the home are out of bounds. Use the process outlined in Bruen to determine if a law has been around long enough, and has been common enough, that it was an acceptable restriction on the right to keep and bear arms in most states for the history of when the Second Amendment was ratified; and particularly when the Fourteenth Amendment was ratified.

It is hard to see how bans on magazines of more than 10 rounds (very recent) or on Semi-automatic firearms (very recent) meet these criteria."

https://www.ammoland.com/20...ed-by-supreme-court/
IP: Logged
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2022 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

New York seems inclined to find ways to attempt to thwart the direction of the Supreme Court.

The Hawaii government appears to remain silent on the issuing of permits at the moment.

When do you think we'll hear?
wilberto

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2022 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wilbertoSend a Private Message to wilbertoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I built this before TRUMP was elected...It's more relevant today!
wilberto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2022 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wilbertoSend a Private Message to wilbertoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wilberto

72 posts
Member since Apr 2021
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2022 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wilberto:

I bought this after Biden was elected.

Baby steps... but I'm getting there.

EDIT: Also, I really like that revolver, really, really nice. What is the caliber, .357?

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 07-02-2022).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-02-2022 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wilberto:

That "Trump" grip printed ? That's some NICE work.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-02-2022 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
I bought this after Biden was elected.

Baby steps... but I'm getting there.

EDIT: Also, I really like that revolver, really, really nice. What is the caliber, .357?

You'll get there, It's a start.

Little hint, 100-year-old iron sights suck, aim high and whatever you think windage correction is, double it. ****in thing is still going to go where it wants to, but at least ya tried,

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2022 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

You'll get there, It's a start.

Little hint, 100-year-old iron sights suck, aim high and whatever you think windage correction is, double it. ****in thing is still going to go where it wants to, but at least ya tried,

Yeah, I got it for my daughter. I don't really WANT a hand-gun, just not my thing, but I do like rifles... I just haven't figured out what I want. I'd like an AR-15, but I just don't want to get into the hobby and start buying all the accessories and stuff. What I really want, is just a bolt action rifle. That's what I thought I was getting for my daughter, but I just wanted something that was pink. I ended up getting her a semi-automatic rifle with a 10-round magazine... but it's a .22, so good for target practice, which was the point.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2022 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TAURUS JUDGE
45 Colt / 410 GA

Just for the get out of my house issues. Most walls will stop the 410 shot but damn if you would want to be on the receiving end.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2022 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, I got it for my daughter. I don't really WANT a hand-gun, just not my thing, but I do like rifles... I just haven't figured out what I want. I'd like an AR-15, but I just don't want to get into the hobby and start buying all the accessories and stuff. What I really want, is just a bolt action rifle. That's what I thought I was getting for my daughter, but I just wanted something that was pink. I ended up getting her a semi-automatic rifle with a 10-round magazine... but it's a .22, so good for target practice, which was the point.

Remington 700 is a good choice for bolt action. Plus there are tons of options if you want to make it all fancy and super accurate.

That Ruger 10/22 is a beauty though. You can buy 25 round magazines for it. There are speed loaders for taking the pressure off your fingers loading the darn thing. This one also has many aftermarket fancy stocks to choose should you go that way.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2022 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, she has one of the best dads in the world...

Hunny, little girl, this is a gun..it will get you food, if you learn to shoot in front of the aim point it will get you fish. shooting a river salmon is...yeh

If someday some man wants to be mean...safety is by the thumb. You know what to do.
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2022 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ruger M77 Hawkeye and Ruger American series of bolt action rifles are very nice.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2022 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Ruger M77 Hawkeye and Ruger American series of bolt action rifles are very nice.

This is PERFECT! And it's so cheap!!!

https://www.sportsmans.com/...ester-18in/p/1369697

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2022 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My BIL has the M77 in .308 for boar hunting.

It's a bit short in the stock for me, but it's perfect for him.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2022 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When do you think we'll hear?

No idea, I mean .. courts and lawyers and government. Probly a long time? Need more people to stand up.
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2022 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stand Up.

Garand Thumb
How to stop a Mass Shooter, Mr Elisjsha Dicken, the hero who stopped a tragedy.

Paul Harrell
Greenwood Park Mall Analysis.

' What are you going to do when the zombies come ? ' - Bill Burr
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2022 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Valkrie9

1393 posts
Member since Jan 2021
' The right wing, where I stood, was exposed to and received all the enemy's fire ...
I heard the bullets whistle, and, believe me, there is something charming in the sound. '
Letter to his brother, John A. Washington,
Friday, May 31, 1754

' By the all-powerful dispensations of Providence, I have been protected beyond all human probability and expectation;
for I had four bullets through my coat, and two horses shot under me, yet escaped unhurt, altho' death was levelling my companions on every side. '
~ George Washington, age 23.
Letter to John A. Washington,
Friday, July 18, 1755

' The time is now near at hand which must probably determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves;
whether they are to have any property they can call their own;
whether their houses and farms are to be pillaged and destroyed, and themselves consigned to a state of wretchedness from which no human efforts will deliver them.
The fate of unborn millions will now depend, under God, on the courage and conduct of this army.
Our cruel and unrelenting enemy leaves us only the choice of brave resistance, or the most abject submission.
We have, therefore, to resolve to conquer or die. '
~ George Washington
Address to the Continental Army before the Battle of Long Island.
Tuesday, August 27, 1776.

'Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance;
they are the people's liberty teeth.'
~ George Washington

' Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe,
and preserve order in the world as well as property...
Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them. '
~ Thomas Paine

'I hope that we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which
dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength,
and bid defiance to the laws of our country.'
~ Thomas Jefferson,

' Chance Favors The Prepared Mind...'
~ Dr. Louis Pasteur

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 07-29-2022).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2022 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul Harrell - Kel-Tec PMR-30 vs. FN FiveseveN

50yd groups were impressive, which makes Mr. E Dickens heroic superman saviour actions that much more incredible.
Prepared mind indeed.
Applause !

Jonathan Sapirman had more than just the Dickens scared out of him, expiring fifteen seconds after leaving the washrooms.
Elisjsha, a hero with the requisite skills to protect and defend the people, doing what's right.
Appause !

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 08-20-2022).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2022 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might be time to buy a S&W

Don't miss the point at 3:28...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc-F4E11Pzw

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-22-2022).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2022 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Battle Of The Giant Alaskan Grizzlies
Can't outrun a bear.
Ursus Arctos, Brown Bear Biology McNeil River, Ak.
Bear sits next to guy
Pretty amazed while reading comments that people can be so pathetically uninformed, endangering other's lives as well as their own, perfect examples of Darwinian proof.
Cute Cuddly Baby Grizzly Cubs.
The_Remington_870_Marine_Magnum, handy to keep for Grizzlies or deranged zombies.
Constant practice in gun handling will make the difference, muscle memory conditioning, allowing survival..
' Ever hear tell ah wut 'appened ta Shirley ? '
' Et in the Katmai. '

' Yep, figures. '
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2022 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the god of guns needs prey
PFF
System Bot
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2022 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sunday Afternoon Documentary : The Art of the Gunsmith
Grokie’s Garden : Effeth around and thou shalt findeth out. The warning our forefathers sent to King George III
Veteran Iron & Outdoors, Forged Gun Barrel - Method 1

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 08-21-2022).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2022 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Valkrie9

1393 posts
Member since Jan 2021

Taiwan over run by 200 divisions of pla troops, no resistance was possible.
' Oh, Well. ' said Biden_Joe, ' Nothing I can do about China's internal military exercises, you know... you know. '
' No guns for you ! '
' Yeah ! We will make you safer. '
Whereas here, there is a difference.
' Like it or not, we do have guns. So sad for you. '
' Yeah ! The reason the Constitution means anything. '
' But, but, but, the facts, the popular vote, our democracy... '
' Looks like we have to enforce the Laws and Constitution the traditional way. '
' Yeah ! The fibs sure aren't doing it, plain to see that they're compromised. '
' Yeah, what a useless tool that Comey is, a russian bot, a fool. '

' Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance;
they are the people's liberty teeth. '
~ George Washington

' I hope that we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which
dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength,
and bid defiance to the laws of our country. '
~ Thomas Jefferson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2022 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

the god of guns needs prey

The prey of the GOV is you (and us too).

Bill that will punish your right with taxes:

from 1:10 min mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6O6mO9RItg

Needs to be shared
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2022 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A tax on a right? Sounds like a modern day poll tax.
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2022 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Selected to bring relevant statistical data into the conversation, unmentioned until today, important truths in the defense of the Constitution.
You see, it is the Constitution that the left assails,
that blocks their path to world domination for the slave states of marxist megalomaniacs.
' Confiscate the weapons that the people will defend themselves with, because we sure don't want to be shot at while we loot their towns and homes. '

That is how and why the looming civil war will begin, armed looters, organized marxist fronts, will attack on hundreds of cities and towns to create terror and chaos,
deconstructing, destroying the nations ability to defend itself. Coming soon, this October !
' By any means necessary ', as losing a vote is not an option. ~ Pelosi
A simultaneous mobilization, timed to coincide with external attacks, say, Russian movement on Poland's eastern and northern flanks.
Dictating the surrender of arms by the population, at gunpoint, imported mercenaries paid to disarm the deplorable suckers, going house to house,
hundreds of thousands of marxist guerrillas marching to conquer America, taking the booty, the loot, of citizens suffering the loss of all.

' A fundamental change. ' ~ Obama
See, no effs are given, surrounded by an armed cordon.
Make it a mission impossible, change the world, be the spoiler.
' Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to effect change in the status quo, to uphold the Constitution, destroy the marxist collaborators, the treasonous. '
fjb repeatedly.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2022 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Valkrie9:

Crowd broke out in chant "no more guns,no more guns,no more guns"

Yep thats about the extent of kindergartener thought some put into it, combined with emotional whirlwinds, "the time is now"...exactly.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2022 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2022 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

"Hey man, want me to get you a RIP IT from the DFAC?"
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2022 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Hey man, want me to get you a RIP IT from the DFAC?"

"No thanks Kyle, but you could grab me a fresh Grosskreutz meat sammich and whatever other gedunk you can find."

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 08-30-2022).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2022 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2022 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Blarney Biden_Joe, talking sheet again, like he did before.
Biden_Joe, totally full of sheet, as he has been his entire life as a useless turd of a politician.
Flush Biden_Joe, wipe up, then, flush again.
Wash your hands of the stink, of the filthy wretchedness and then your Nation too, a disinfectant, rid yourselves of the marxist dempartie.
Biden_Joe is mimicking Nazi and Stalinist rhetoric, and has attacked the Constitution with the willing, fibs, tree-letters, the dempartie's hidden, secret army.
Provocative denouncement of political opposition, in a civil war's opening invasion of the President's home, defying law.
The a-hole will attempt to subvert the vote in November, the same grift, the same mo, the same lie.
Best prepare to get your head wrapped around a fight for your Nation.

' If you don't believe in conspiracies, you've never read a history book. '
~ G. Edward Griffin.

' If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed;
if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly;
you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival.
There may even be a worse case:
you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory,
because it is better to perish than to live as slaves. '
~ Winston Churchill

' The time is now near at hand which must probably determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves;
whether they are to have any property they can call their own;
whether their houses and farms are to be pillaged and destroyed, and themselves consigned to a state of wretchedness from which no human efforts will deliver them.
The fate of unborn millions will now depend, under God, on the courage and conduct of this army.
Our cruel and unrelenting enemy leaves us only the choice of brave resistance, or the most abject submission.
We have, therefore, to resolve to conquer or die. '
Address to the Continental Army before the Battle of Long Island.
Tuesday, August 27, 1776.
~ George Washington

' Yeah,
a world war to consolidate power forever, a one party government ! '
The reason Biden_Joe must be torn from office.
fjb before he f's you !

' Yeah, jam that mofo ! '

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 09-17-2022).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave