Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  Are Russian nukes as decrepit as their conventional weapons? (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Are Russian nukes as decrepit as their conventional weapons? by Raydar
Started on: 03-14-2022 03:10 PM
Replies: 173 (2761 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 06-23-2022 04:05 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2022 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Ceiling Nuke"
IP: Logged
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2022 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The U.S. has some decrepit nukes of its own, and Brandon has just announced a $6 billion rescue package for the troubled U.S. nuclear power industry, funded from the $1 trillion Infrastructure program that was enacted in November.

"Biden launches $6 billion effort to save nuclear power plants, to 'help combat climate change'..."
CBS News; April 19, 2022.
https://www.cbsnews.com/new...iden-climate-change/

About 6 minutes reading time. There's also a 7-minute video segment.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2022 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010

Are Russian nukes decrepit?

"Decrepit this," said one Vladimir V. Putin today, after the first test launch of Russia's new "Sarmat" nuclear-armed Intercontinental Ballistic Missile.

Russia's defence ministry said the Sarmat was fired from a silo launcher at 1512 Moscow time (1212 GMT) and the training warheads reached a test range on Kamchatka, nearly 6,000 km (3,700 miles) away in the Pacific.

"Russia tests nuclear-capable missile that Putin calls 'best in world'"
Mark Trevelyan for Yahoo! News; April 20, 2022.
https://news.yahoo.com/russ...ssile-145327930.html

Putin's new "bestie"

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-20-2022).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2022 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

"Decrepit this," said one Vladimir V. Putin today, after the first test launch of Russia's new "Sarmat" nuclear-armed Intercontinental Ballistic Missile.

You don't know a "Sarmat" from smoked salmon.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2022 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The U.S. Air Force is readying a new long range nuclear-armed called "Sentinel"

Not just a new missile, but a new and fully integrated missile launch, flight and [support] system with modern command and control features.

Secretary of the Air Force, Public Affairs; April 5, 2022.
https://www.af.mil/News/Art...has-a-name-sentinel/

The new system will incorporate low risk, technically mature components, feature a modular architecture that can easily incorporate emerging technology to adapt in rapidly evolving threat environments, and will be easier to maintain than the Minuteman system – all of which will enable cost-savings and ensure relevancy as the Sentinel operates well into the 2070s.

This is a brief press release with three interactive photo images.

Russia's Sarmat vs U.S. Sentinel—what are the similarities? What are the differences? Who can provide a bullet point-style presentation? Not me. Not at this moment.

The U.S. and NATO have an anglicized name for Russia's new Sarmat missile: "Satan 2".

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-21-2022).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2022 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The U.S. and NATO have an anglicized name for Russia's new Sarmat missile: "Satan 2".

You wouldn't know a NATO reporting name from a plate of Nachos

Originally posted by randye:

LEFTISTS
and their media know NOTHING about the military, military weapons, or history.....and as shown in this thread they keep demonstrating their ignorance.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-21-2022).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2022 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

You don't know a "Sarmat" from smoked salmon.

You wouldn't know a NATO reporting name from a plate of Nachos

I consider these personal attacks.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2022 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fighting a troll with truth doesn't make a dent in their habits, but it's the only way to hammer the point home.
And I'm not talking about who you just put on probation.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 04-22-2022).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2022 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:
Fighting a troll with truth doesn't make a dent in their habits, but it's the only way to hammer the point home. And I'm not talking about who you just put on probation.

Ahem...

That is the first time that "randye" showed up in this thread. Back on page 2.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...ML/000072-2.html#p47

He quotes my words, and then responds, starting with "That is absolute horseshit..."

What is that? Forum member "randye" could have had something coherent in the back of his mind when he posted that idiotic remark. Forum member "randye" might have been thinking that an article in the NYT that I had just referenced was overstating Obama's personal interest and enthusiasm for the U.S. and NATO nuclear weapons modernization program that Obama had green-lighted when he was the President. (That's what forum member "randye" is referring to in that post.)

But when "randye" enters the conversation using this astonishingly fat-headed and accusatory temperament or tone (the radically rude language that he uses), then how could I possibly have responded? How could I discuss this with him any further? How could I even acknowledge that he (possibly) has a valid point?

This where this last remark from "olejoedad"—the remark that I quoted at the beginning of this post—falls flat on its face.

For "olejoedad", a TROLL is someone that expresses one or more opinions or ideas that "olejoedad" doesn't agree with.

Really?

That's what I get from "olejoedad's" latest remark.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-24-2022).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2022 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for your input, rinse.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2022 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you for your input, rinse.

You're so welcome. Here's something to top off my previous reportage on Russia's new long-range, nuclear doomsday weapon. Summary information.

Russia's new RS-28 Sarmat is a liquid-fueled Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) capable of carrying nuclear charges. This missile has been under development in Russia since 2000s. The Sarmat is designed to replace the R-36M2 Voyevoda ICBM, which has been Russia’s only ICBM since 1988.

The name "Sarmat" is derived from the nomadic Sarmatian tribes that lived some centuries before the Christian Era in what are now the lands of Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan.

Dubbed "Satan 2" by the U.S. and NATO, the Sarmat is designed to overcome U.S. missile defense systems. Sarmat has a shortened initial boost phase, which reduces the window of time that U.S. and NATO missile surveillance systems would have to detect it upon launch and calculate its trajectory.

Sarmat can be configured with "more than 10" Multiple Independently Targeted Reentry Vehicles or MIRVs. That means "10 or more" MIRVs descending onto U.S. or NATO targets. At least some of these MIRVs would be nuclear bombs in an actual doomsday scenario. Some of the MIRVs might be decoys, meant to divert the capabilities of any U.S. missile defense and improve the odds that the real "nukes" would reach their targets.

Russia will be able to launch the RS-28 Sarmat towards the U.S. on trajectories that would take it directly over the North Pole.

10POINTER Current Affairs; April 22, 2022.
https://www.10pointer.com/c...al-ballistic-missile

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-22-2022).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2022 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

I consider these personal attacks.

It's unfortunately how he (t)rolls.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-23-2022).]

Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2022 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't be so hard on rinselberg, he only trolls for attention. Often. Everyday. Every thread. He is just a bit smoother.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2022 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If he doesn't get a response, he makes another post in the same thread.
Perhaps he is just desperate for attention.
Most people have the need for feeling relevant.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2022 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is absolute horseradish.

The reason that noobs like "olejoedad" and "Hudini" believe horseradish like that is because they know nothing about Trolling or Trolling tactics and strategy, and nothing about anything else.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2022 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is absolute horseradish.

The reason that noobs like "olejoedad" and "Hudini" believe horseradish like that is because they know nothing about Trolling or Trolling tactics and strategy, and nothing about anything else.

Words of wisdom from the Trollmaster?

You heard it here first, folks, right from the horse's mouth...er...keyboard.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2022 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

...he only trolls for attention. Often. Everyday. Every thread.

If he doesn't get a response, he makes another post in the same thread.
Perhaps he is just desperate for attention.

You guys have certainly hit the nail on the head. Nobody, but nobody tries harder for attention. I mean, who else here has ever posted in this manner?

Originally posted by randye Here:

https://town...ory-n2593699

Our Pennocks Purveyor Of Perjury and CONSTANTLY WRONG legal prognosticator has already assured us that any possible civil case in the matter of the ambushed and murdered Ashli Babbitt is "frivolous"

As usual, he is

And it's not even as though this particular post stands out from the rest of his submissions. This is just a random post from a random thread. There are so many other examples I could've chosen... but this one was more than enough to stomach.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2022 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like this thread.

It started with a question: Are Russian nukes as decrepit as their conventional weapons?

After three pages of "thread" (going on four), I think the answer is "No."

Would anyone say otherwise?

"Russian Sarmat ICBM capable of breaking through any missile defense"
Army Recognition(.com); March 4, 2018.
https://www.armyrecognition...missile_defense.html

Just a few paragraphs and a photo image.

I didn't realize that Patrick was posting at the same time!

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-23-2022).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2022 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trolls gotta troll
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2022 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps some members here should understand the difference between an instigator and a respondent.

I do, and I'm sure many others do as well.

The difference is only lost on a few, who have very recently posted in this thread.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 04-24-2022).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2022 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Perhaps some members here should understand the difference between an instigator and a respondent.

I do, and I'm sure many others do as well.

The difference is only lost on a few, who have very recently posted in this thread.

And there's no better place to look, for "some members" who want to understand the difference between the instigator in this thread (and in general) and everyone else, than right here:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...L/000072-4.html#p128

It's one of my messages, back closer to the top of this thread page. The one that includes the color-highlighted text:
That is the first time that "randye" showed up in this thread. Back on page 2.

Where was the ugliness in this thread, before the instigator first appeared with his customary ugliness, back on page 2..? Can you find any? What was the reason for the instigator's ugly outburst on page 2, and why couldn't he have made his point (if he actually had one) in line with the first admonition in the Posting Guidelines, to keep the discussions "civilized"..?

It's easy to read "olejoedad" between the lines. He thinks there should be two kinds of behavior on this forum. Civilized behavior, for the forum at large. And Radically Rude behavior, which "olejoedad" is ready to accept from certain forum members that "olejoedad" particularly likes, such as the instigator in this case—the "forever instigator" who has just been hit with a 24-hour probation.

I call that "horseradish."

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2022 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like this thread.

It started with a question: Are Russian nukes as decrepit as their conventional weapons?

After three pages of "thread" (going on four), I think the answer is "No."

Would anyone say otherwise?

Taken at face value, it would appear that you are correct.
But I suspect that, as in anything else, there may be more to the story. (Not an argument. Just an observation.)
They can launch, and target a missile. Let's hope that they don't feel the need to repeat it, under "working conditions". The warhead/re-entry capability is still an unknown.
The "Arabs", as a rule, are full of bluster, fire and brimstone. ("The mother of all... whatever").
I wonder if Putin is much - or any - different.

As I am fond of saying... I suppose that we shall see.
Or (hopefully) not.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 04-24-2022).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2022 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My comment can be called anything that one wants to call it.

I will give it all the consideration that it deserves.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2022 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forum member "olejoedad" is playing Dodgeball.

It might be illuminating if he would tackle the question that I just posed:

Where was the ugliness in this thread, before the instigator first appeared with his customary ugliness, back on page 2..? Can you find any? What was the reason for the instigator's ugly outburst on page 2, and why couldn't he have made his point (if he actually had one) in line with the first admonition in the Posting Guidelines, to keep the discussions "civilized"..?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2022 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have enough information to form an opinion on the condition of Russian nukes.

Opinions should be based on good information.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2022 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't have enough information to form an opinion on the condition of Russian nukes.

Opinions should be based on good information.

You may not be impressed with the New York Times, but how about the New York Post?

"What the West fears most about Putin’s arsenal of nuclear weapons"
Rebekah Koffler for the New York Post; April 23, 2022.
https://nypost.com/2022/04/...ins-nuclear-weapons/

It's not a long article. Here are three paragraphs that I found of particular interest:

Scariest of all, Moscow has a Doomsday Device, called Perimeter — and dubbed “Dead Hand” by the West — which reportedly can destroy the US homeland in 30 minutes.

This highly complex system is designed for a retaliatory strike, following an initial attack on Russia by the US. Designed by the Soviets at the height of the Cold War, if switched on, it would launch Russia’s entire nuclear arsenal directly at this country. The system remains semi-dormant until activated by a high-ranking official in a crisis.

If activated, it can still launch even if the Russian regime is wiped out and Putin or his alternates are unable to authorize a nuclear strike through a standard process. After the initial multi-step verification that communication links to Putin’s war room are not working, in about 15-60 minutes, the autonomous computerized system would send signals to nuclear weapons silos, directing all remaining Russian nuclear missiles to launch.

If it weren't for the nuclear threat, I would be wholly enthusiastic about a direct and violent U.S. and NATO intervention in this Russo-Ukraine war. Especially, if Russia goes after the Ukrainian seaport city of Odessa in a big way, or if Russia, after hiving off the eastern part of Ukraine, turns back west again and threatens Kharkiv, or Kyiv, or tries to push all the way across Ukraine and into neighboring Moldova. I think Biden and the NATO leaders should be ready to consider jumping in, guns blazing, if Russia isn't satisfied with just hiving off that Donbas region in the east and the city of Mariupol. (Or what remains of it.)

I fear a delusional Putin, who thinks he can do significantly more damage to the U.S. using nuclear weapons, than the U.S. would do to Russia.

I fear a nihilistic Putin, who is thinking to himself, "I really screwed up. Now I'm going to be pushed aside in a Russian military-orchestrated coup and extradited to face trial for war crimes in the Hague. I might as well just go out in a nuclear blaze of glory and take the rest of the world with me."

Putin has said "What good is the world if it doesn't include Russia?" And in Putin's mind, "Russia" and "Putin" are just two words for the exact same thing.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2022 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I prefer to listen to testimony before Congressional committees and read declassified military reports rather than main stream media.

As I said, good sources of information.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2022 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CNBC is an American [based] cable business news channel owned by NBCUniversal News Group, a division of NBCUniversal, with both indirectly owned by Comcast. Headquartered in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, the network primarily carries business day coverage of U.S. and international financial markets.
~ Google.

Could there be a war between Russia and the U.S.-led NATO alliance?

That's the question that CNBC reporter Holly Ellyatt was pondering as she opined in today's online edition of CNBC. For guidance, she turned to what she describes as "strategists."

Here's a chance to see how your own thoughts line up with, or contrast with the thinking of these strategists.

"Could there be war between Russia and the West? Strategists predict what could happen next"
Holly Ellyatt for CNBC; April 29, 2022.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/0...-war-with-putin.html

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-29-2022).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2022 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There already is a war, the same kind major powers have fought since WWII.

It's called a 'proxy war'.

About time you caught on.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2022 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

About time you caught on.

"I Sing the Media Electric"

Better?

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2022 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Deleted. Double post.

PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2022 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you done abusing this deceased equine?

Revived from the ashes for what purpose?
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2022 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Old Russian Dud.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2022 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2022 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What better place to read about Russia's new long range nuclear-capable "Sarmat" missile than Popular Mechanics?

"Putin claims the weapon can hit any target on Earth, but there’s less than meets the eye."

Kyle Mizokami for Popular Mechanics; April 29, 2022.
https://www.popularmechanic...lear-tipped-missile/

Text accompanied by photo images and video clips.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-01-2022).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2022 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"If he fires one, I'll fire one."

Maybe not. Two subject matter experts and university scholars weigh in on how the U.S. could best react if Putin were to use a nuclear weapon in some way during Russia's war—excuse me, "special military operation"—in Ukraine.

"Can the U.S. deter Putin from using his arsenal of battlefield nuclear weapons in Ukraine?"
Doyle McManus for the Los Angeles Times; May 1, 2022.
https://www.latimes.com/pol...plan-to-counter-them

That's from today's Los Angeles Times. One of the scholars published a column just over a week ago.

"Would Putin’s Russia Really 'Nuke' Ukraine?"
Graham Allison for The National Interest; April 22, 2022.
https://nationalinterest.or...-nuke-ukraine-201982

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-01-2022).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2022 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2022 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Dead horse" or not, the new reports and articles keep on coming. This one is new.

"How NATO Could Strike Back If Putin Uses Tactical Nuclear Weapons In Ukraine"
Michael Gallagher for 1945; May 2, 2022.
https://www.19fortyfive.com...-weapons-in-ukraine/

Cut to the chase
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2022 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You had to get that idea from the media?

Logically thinking, one would deduce that the Western countries would not escalate a nuclear attack by responding in kind, and a conventional strike on a Russian military installation would be appropriate. The obvious choice for a target would be the Russian naval base at Sevastopol, as it is being used to conduct operations against Ukraine.

Was that line of logic not apparent to you some weeks ago when Putin threatened the use of tactical nukes against Ukraine?

Edited to correct a misspelled word.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 05-02-2022).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2022 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You had to get that idea from the media? . . .

This is as far as my own thinking took me.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-02-2022).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock