Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  Are Russian nukes as decrepit as their conventional weapons? (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Are Russian nukes as decrepit as their conventional weapons? by Raydar
Started on: 03-14-2022 03:10 PM
Replies: 173 (2761 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 06-23-2022 04:05 PM
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2022 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2022 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

This is as far as my own thinking took me.

Color me surprised.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2022 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Color me surprised.

I'm not surprised at all that he's using a graphic that I created.

Originality is not a Leftist trait, but plagiarism is.

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2022 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dmitry Kiselyov is a commentator on the Russian state-owned TV channel Russia-1, who doesn't mind beating this "dead horse". He was just at it yesterday, I think. Yesterday. The day before. Earlier today. It's just been reported by the Irish Times, and by the U.K. Telegraph. A threat to use a nuclear weapon that would wipe Ireland and the United Kingdom off the map in a huge, radioactive tsunami. Not a metaphorical tsunami, but an actual "made of ocean water" tsunami. An obvious exaggeration, but I'm just reporting on what aired on the Russia-1 TV channel.

Two months ago, and just a week after the first open warfare between Russia and Ukraine (in the current context), Naval News (Who doesn't read the latest from Naval News every day?) reported on Russia's "‘Intercontinental Nuclear-Powered Nuclear-Armed Autonomous Torpedo" or "Poseidon".

Text of only middling length, and a diagram that can be enlarged:
https://www.navalnews.com/n...at-you-need-to-know/

Credit to the always excellent H I Sutton for Naval News.

I guess that's enough "naval-gazing" for now.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-03-2022).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2022 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2022 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Originally posted by randye:

Originality is not a Leftist trait, but plagiarism is.

So... you took the photo of those rotting horses?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2022 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-03-2022).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2022 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The now long-running conjecture is re-upped in the latest issue of The Atlantic.

"What if Russia goes 'nuclear' in Ukraine?"
Eric Schlosser for The Atlantic; June 20, 2022.
https://www.theatlantic.com...-us-response/661315/

It's a long story, as Eric Schlosser tells it. Several minutes if someone wanted to have a careful read-thru.

Back at ya', Russia, with a nuclear weapon from the U.S. arsenal, is not the first choice.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2022 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2022 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Atlantic used to be somewhat respected. Now it’s just another clown show like Vice.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2022 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The more than 100 “peaceful nuclear explosions” conducted by the Soviet Union—ostensibly to obtain knowledge about using nuclear devices for mundane tasks, like the excavation of reservoirs—facilitated the design of very low-yield tactical weapons.

Two nuclear detonations have already occurred in Ukraine, as part of the Soviet Union’s “Program No. 7—Peaceful Explosions for the National Economy.” In 1972, a nuclear device was detonated supposedly to seal a runaway gas well at a mine in Krasnograd, about 60 miles southwest of Kharkiv. The device had an explosive force about one-quarter as large as that of the atomic bomb that destroyed Hiroshima.

In 1979, a nuclear device was detonated for the alleged purpose of eliminating methane gas at a coal mine near the town of Yunokommunarsk, in the Donbas. It had an explosive force about one-45th as large as that of the Hiroshima bomb. Neither the workers at the mine nor the 8,000 residents of Yunokommunarsk were informed about the nuclear blast. The coal miners were given the day off for a “civil-defense drill,” then sent back to work in the mine.

"What if Russia goes 'nuclear' in Ukraine?"
Eric Schlosser for The Atlantic; June 20, 2022.
https://www.theatlantic.com...-us-response/661315/

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-22-2022).]

PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2022 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What if we just say "**** ya" to Europe ???

2 world wars, countless smaller wars, hundreds of millions dead and thousands of billions spent....

All because the Europeans cant play nice with each other.

**** 'em....time to wash our hands, walk away, have a coffee, and they can sort out their own problems.
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2022 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so randy has finally realized the RUMP is a dead horse best left to rot ?
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2022 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

so randy has finally realized the RUMP is a dead horse best left to rot ?

I could have sworn that was a picture of a Forum member (or three) who is DOA on every thing he posts.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock