Started on: 07-05-2020 05:31 PM
Replies: 94 (2612 views)
Last post by: Awalker W02 on 04-09-2024 03:56 PM
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2021 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the absence of a molding makes it seem a little more-modern - however I prefer the lines of the car WITH the molding, as it helps to visually identify the time period of the car.

I don't think either would be "wrong" - just personal preference!
IP: Logged
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2021 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A vote for the "no molding" camp.
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2021 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definitely no molding ! How the heck did I miss this project ??

Very slick !
Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2021 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven’t made much progress this last month. Paying customers come first.

My client came to me with a solid black solstice. She wanted it to stay black but turn purple in the sun. I sanded everything down. Fixed a few door dings touched up the black and sprayed a coat of Pearl. 3 coats of clear and here is what It ended up as. Mission accomplished

[This message has been edited by Awalker W02 (edited 07-10-2021).]

Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2021 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working on the splitter getting things lined up.

Just need to take it to the break and make some bends.

[This message has been edited by Awalker W02 (edited 07-26-2021).]

Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2021 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was able to Mount it up for test fitting.
Flat bottom to the front subframe.

[This message has been edited by Awalker W02 (edited 07-27-2021).]

Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2022 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had to put this project in the back burner last year. Ended up moving the body to my 87 and drive the 88 around for a while.

Working on the white car for a customer. It will be out in the next couple weeks then maybe I can make a bit of progress.

[This message has been edited by Awalker W02 (edited 05-12-2022).]

Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2023 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been busy with life and paying customers. Spring and some warm air hit so I’m back in the shop. As much as I love the 3.9 that was in the car it just didn’t fit with this project. So I decided to pull it out and in with a North Star mounted to an f40 6 speed.

I have it hard mounted together. Now just fabricating everything to work together.

[This message has been edited by Awalker W02 (edited 04-08-2023).]

Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2023 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking great man!
zkhennings

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2023 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As someone currently working on an LZ9 with Microsquirt swap, is there a build thread for your swap that Chris did? What do you like or dislike about your LZ9? Stock cam?

The body is looking great, hope you get some time to work on it!
Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2023 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zkhennings:

As someone currently working on an LZ9 with Microsquirt swap, is there a build thread for your swap that Chris did? What do you like or dislike about your LZ9? Stock cam?

The body is looking great, hope you get some time to work on it!

Honesty it was great and I enjoyed every minute of it, but ever since I’ve been into these cars I’ve wanted a v8 manual. and it’s hard to replicate the sound of a v8. I may not be gaining much when it comes to power but the sound of the northstar will give me goosebumps. The second thing is I like to go to car shows and the v8 gains more attention. That an my getreg was starting to get syncro whine at hwy speeds and it was getting a little worrisome. I am still keeping the lz9 and it will go in my 86.
PFF
System Bot
Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2024 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2024 and my new year resolution is to keep this updated. The ultimate goal for this year is to have the car complete. I ended up doing a full panel of repaint on a yellow formula last year and doing a few mods for Marty on his orange gt before thr 40th. And finished getting the Reatta presentable, So it was a busy year last year. After the 40th I got the inspiration to get back to work on my own.

Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2024 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Awalker W02

179 posts
Member since Jan 2020
So back to the fiero.

The lower to the rear was just missing something. The rest of the body didn’t match the rake and style of the rest of it. I tried a few different options like lowering it to look like the rear style of the gt’s. But ultimately I settled on making a diffuser for the rear. Ultimately it follows the style of the rest of the car.

I’ve also been working on final body work. Just making sure everything is 100%straight and making sure my body lines are sharp and all line up. Fixing and reinforcing cracks after the body was on the car and had a chance to find those week points. And from me letting it roll into my truck while in the shop.

And ultimately making new friends at my daytime job while inspecting a car at a body shop.
Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2024 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Making some more progress this week

[This message has been edited by Awalker W02 (edited 04-09-2024).]

Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2024 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Awalker W02

179 posts
Member since Jan 2020
Finally just a bit of time to give the formal update. So with the front end being one piece I ran into a problem if being able to get the front end on and off without cracking fiberglass. The obvious thing to do would be cut the front bumper out in the factory spot or even straight down like the imsa’s. But that’s to blah. A tilt hood would be cool too but a lot of mechanical fabrication with hinges. So it left me with my favorite alternative. Corvette style hood.

So if got it all lined up. And glasses the hood to the fenders. Once it was dry I made the cuts.

The next step was fabricating the rear part of the fender mounts and support bracing.

Mounted up and fit to the door and clearances.

I’ll now swap sides then make my way to the bumper bracing and figments. Then I’ll flip the hood over and work the inside hood seams. Then I’ll come back to the outside and do the actual finish work.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock