Who here collects ALL magazines featuring fiero articles by FIERO JOHN-WI
Started on: 03-30-2017 11:21 AM
Replies: 11 (270 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 04-10-2017 07:59 PM
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2017 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just like the title says, I know many people here collect many things Fiero (example: toys, clothes, nos parts and so on) But does anyone on here collect "any and everything" from magazines that wrote articles on fiero? I know Ron T. has a big collection, but anyone else?????
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2017 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
me i have i think every focoa, fiero owners, nife, florida owners and some other publications. I had a project one weekend to scan them all to pdf's but that fell through. problem is most are in illinois i have a stack here in california about 2ft tall of publications most focoa.

[This message has been edited by mmeyer86gt/gtp (edited 03-30-2017).]

FIERO JOHN-WI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2017 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im also talking every: Motor Trend, Road & Track, Car & Driver, Autoweek and other that are not auto related, Popular Science, Popular Mechanics, Plastic Tech.
Every kind of magazine who has that?????????
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2017 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used to. Not sure what I have now. (Obviously, "new" Fiero articles are kind of few, and far between.)

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 04-01-2017).]

RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2017 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget about me John. I have somewhere in the area of 200 commercially published and private trade magazines that have something Fiero related in them. Plus all of the various club newsletters and club magazines that have been printed over the past 30 years.
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2017 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like Fred have at least 200 magazines, new letters and stories dating back to the late 70's.

I also have many books including one I picked up yesterday on the 100 Ann of GM design. It has a photo of the 1990 I had never seen.

I also have several club news magazine collections.

I still have the first magazine I bought on the Fiero knowingly in 1980 when it was referred to as the Lil GTO on the cover.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 04-02-2017).]

cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2017 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I only have a few of the magazine articles from 1985-88; BY far the best test of a Fiero after 1985 was the Road & Track Sports & GT car test special edition 1987- Peter Egan tested an 87 GT/5spd and was very positive about the car.

I also have the Fiero Performance Portfolio book, which has quite a few of the old tests on the car....Including the "letters of hate" from C&D....The Peter Egan test, the 1985 MT and R&T tests that were very positive(Why I ordered my car)....And some foreign tests that were usually much more positive than the US magazines....Although some fool hated the car because the parking brake "-created a barrier to getting in and out of the car"....Yes, the IQ of some automotive "Journalists" was questionable....
FIERO JOHN-WI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, hopefully one of you or both have these 2 magazines I am looking for:

Auto Trim News 1986 May

Popular Cars 1986 July
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-04-2017 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIERO JOHN-WI:

OK, hopefully one of you or both have these 2 magazines I am looking for:

Auto Trim News 1986 May

Popular Cars 1986 July

I knew there was a catch here. Ha Would it be easier if you post what you want in "The Mall' section?

So, a page on T-Top in both of those magazines is what you're looking for. Google Books has a large section of magazines scanned that you can print whatever page you want. Try it there.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 04-04-2017).]

Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-04-2017 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Vice

732 posts
Member since Jun 2015

Originally posted by cvxjet:
BY far the best test of a Fiero after 1985 was the Road & Track Sports & GT car test special edition 1987- Peter Egan tested an 87 GT/5spd and was very positive about the car.

And some foreign tests that were usually much more positive than the US magazines....Although some fool hated the car because the parking brake "-created a barrier to getting in and out of the car"....Yes, the IQ of some automotive "Journalists" was questionable....

Out of curious, are you referring to R&T August 1986 & October 1987?

Yeah, I tried to find some foreign magazines with Fiero tests in English that I could buy, but no luck. Can you name few magazines that I could look up?

Oh yeah, I remember reading about that writer who complained about the parking brake being dangerous of getting in the way of getting in & out of the car. What a damn fool!!! Reminds me of another young writer recently from Road & Track taking a Fiero out for a test drive review thru YouTube, criticized how bad it was. You could tell he already had a bad opinion of the Fiero long before he step into the car. Then, he applauds how great MR2 is long before he took one out for a drive. That’s called stereotype!!! A writer is supposed to block out all opinions & see for him/herself. Ha
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2017 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Vice- Sorry I missed your post....The best source by far is the Fiero Performance Portfolio by Brookland books....I think it is still available thru Amazon; It has the Nov 1984 MT test, the Nov 1984 R&T test- both very positive, and at the beginning of the R&T test, they have a small comparison graphic with the 300ZX and RX7 NA(The Fiero matches both of these very well)....The Peter Egan test (Included) was from the 1987 Sports & GT special edition. Any Car & Drival test was very negative...Even tho they put the 84 on their list of "Ten Best cars" in 1984. Any improvement that GM did apparently made the car worse...And they never mentioned the MR2s DTO until 1989(After they had helped kill the Fiero)....
The foreign tests that were positive were Motor (Sept 84), and Modern Motor (Aug 85)...there are more that are relarively positive...The one with the IQ challenged individual who had problems with the handbrake is Sports Car Monthly (Dec 85).

The FPP does not include one that I still own; The April 1988 Car & Drival comparison between the Fiero, MR2 and CRX SI...The Fiero out-performed the other 2 in every way except braking, yet placed third- They compared the CRXs body to Daryl Hannah(!!?).....And the only real faults against the Fiero were the steering was heavy, shifter notchy and the instruments point at your navel....But it was ok that no amount of adjusting could get you close enough to the CRXs steering wheel...
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2017 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still searching for the COMPLETE Automoda Convertible Manual .... you always see for sale bits and incomplete photocopied versions ...I am a buyer.. off of whoever has a complete one for sale ...

Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 04-10-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave