Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  That time of year again---Secret Santa (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
That time of year again---Secret Santa by maryjane
Started on: 11-04-2016 07:24 PM
Replies: 152 (2546 views)
Last post by: E.Furgal on 02-15-2017 01:40 PM
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2017 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

My guess isn't really a guess its more the result of poking around PFF.

I think my secret santa was sardonyx247.

Ding, Ding, Ding.

I hope you like your gift.

Last year and this one, my gifts were dropped shipped so I have no idea.
IP: Logged
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2017 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sardonyx247

5032 posts
Member since Jun 2003
double post

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 01-04-2017).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2017 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

Ding, Ding, Ding.

Yep I do thanks!
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2017 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ding, Ding, Ding.

Last year and this one, my gifts were dropped shipped so I have no idea.

Did you post what you got last year?
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2017 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I think you nailed it

If you have never used one of the Absorber's before, you are gonna love it! I have had, and used the same one now for I think a little over 10 years. Just leave it damp, and put it back in the tube till next time. I got lucky and was able to find a horse related keychain, and you mentioned you had a daughter, thus the wilderness candy pack

Here is a video I did some time ago, showing the Abosrber in use. Also someone was asking how to dry a car, and how to not get water spots:

Great video John!! Hearing it 'squeak' as you drug it across is pretty dang convincing too.
I got one for Jane to use on her black Dart, which is terrible about showing water spots. She hasn't used it yet since it's in the body shop being repaired from a impromptu hog hunt I took it on Xmas morning but I'm sure she will soon.

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2017 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a great promotional video ;-)

I have used an Absorber before but mine is natty so this is a perfect gift. I tried to use a blade in the spring and scratched my car - thankfully it was able to be buffed out but I will NEVER use one of those again.

~ Jen
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2017 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Fiero Store Elves cobbled together this for me Thanks Secret Santa.

sardonyx247,

What is your overall impression of this fender guard? Good quality? Useful?

I had debated buying one of these for myself.
Jeff
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2017 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

sardonyx247,

What is your overall impression of this fender guard? Good quality? Useful?

I had debated buying one of these for myself.
Jeff

They are great, I already have one, but wanted another one, (perfect, thanks Santa) as now I can lay one on each side of the car and not have to swap it from side to side.
Very Happy with my gift.
I'm sure the avg person only needs one, but I do ALOT of work on Fieros, and when I do work it is not your avg "replace one part" But I go over the whole Fiero and replace whatever is missing, or swapping an engine, so I am all over the car alot.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2017 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I am going to order one of those fender protectors. I think it would come in quite handy, and now I use old rags and t-shirts to try and protect the paint.

So, did any more of the 7 that had not received anything, get anything in the mail yet? I see no new pictures posted. Nothing here as of yet, so think it is just time to wright it off.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2017 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's just 6 now John.
mmeyer86gt/gtp reported near the bottom of page 3 that he had received his.

1. JohnWPB--well--still waiting. Nothing received.
2. Have not heard from sluppy123, but the sender did pm me that it was sent 12/14/2016. (received)
3. Have not heard from TheDave, but I got a PM from sender on 12/12/2016 that his gift was ordered thru Amazon with expected delivery of 12/16/2016.
4. Fats was re-sent last week (01/02/17) according to post in this thread..haven't heard from Fats since he last posted here.received.
5. I have no confirmation that E. Furgal received his gift, but sender PM'd me on 12/12/2016 that he would be sending out E. Furgal's gifts by "this Friday" (Dec 16).
6. I have no confirmation that rennaizxance received his gift but got PM from his sender on Dec 22 that the gift was being made and would be late. I PM'd that info to rennaizxance the same week and posted it in this thread. rennaizxance did not reply to that PM. (received)

Christmas Day was 2 weeks ago.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-15-2017).]

rennaizxance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2017 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rennaizxanceSend a Private Message to rennaizxanceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just received mine this morning. Thanks Santa!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2017 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rennaizxance:

Just received mine this morning. Thanks Santa!

WoW! Santa was very nice to you this year!

sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2017 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, don't get back here often enough!

Yes I received my Gift, a nice craftsman 3/8" drive metric socket set. Will work great in my "going to the yard" tool kit. Thanks SS
rennaizxance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2017 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rennaizxanceSend a Private Message to rennaizxanceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WoW! Santa was very nice to you this year!

Santa was really nice to me. I don't think I even mentioned how much I like watches anywhere. This is definitely going in my rotation of watches to wear.
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2017 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wild guess on my SS, still don't have a clue?

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 01-14-2017).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2017 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

Wild guess on my SS, still don't have a clue?

Hint:
He didn't need Rudolph's red nose to guide the sleigh.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2017 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69558 posts
Member since Apr 2001
FYI:
Fats pm'd me today that his SS gift is now awaiting him when he returns home.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2017 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Maybe not, but I think my SS did LOL! ! ! !

davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2017 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Duhh! All I had to do is go back too page one and see that LitebulbwithaFiero is from LaSalle,MI which was the postmark on the box. Columbo I'm not. Thanks for the gifts and may your lite bulbs stay lit on the Fiero, If not, Rodney has plenty.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2017 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

Duhh! All I had to do is go back too page one and see that LitebulbwithaFiero is from LaSalle,MI which was the postmark on the box. Columbo I'm not. Thanks for the gifts and may your lite bulbs stay lit on the Fiero, If not, Rodney has plenty.

You got me. I didn't want to post in here again knowing my location would give it away.

By the same method, I believe DanFiero was my S.S.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2017 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JohnWPB--check your PMs please.
E.Furgal--check your PMs please.
The Dave--Check your PMs please.
PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2017 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Hint:

He used the Honda ATC to pull the sleigh
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2017 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine came!

I'll be home Monday and I'll be able to open it up. Santa's helpers probably got lost finding my place.

Brad
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2017 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got back from a birthday weekend away, to find a package on my door step. It is not from the person who was chosen as my SS as they appeared to have signed up, and then disappeared.

From what I can conclude from the return address' city and state, and what I have seen happen in previous years, MaryJane and a elf or two put a very nice package together. I am VERY happy with what I received, but also feel a bit bad that they had to cover for the people who signed up, and then never fulfilled their obligations.

Thank you VERY MUCH, the first one is going up in my shed above the work bench, and the 2nd is going into my Fiero collection on shelves in the office. Thank you!!!!!

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2017 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mine was waiting for me when I got home (My Secret Santa isn't a deabeat like some got. )

$30 dollars in Harbor Freight gift cards!!!

Really an awesome gift. I was able to deduce using my awesome detective skills, honed through years of hard work and studying (and because he pm'd me) that pokeyfiero was my secret santa. My gift came up missing the first time it was sent.... Give it a month and the mailman will probably find it under the seat of his car lol.

Brad
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2017 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes, 'stuff' just happens, and it does every year.
I want to thank everyone that participated and especially those that did not wish to actively participate & receive a gift but volunteered to anonymously send extra gifts if there was a slip up.
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2017 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

Mine was waiting for me when I got home (My Secret Santa isn't a deabeat like some got. )

$30 dollars in Harbor Freight gift cards!!!
.. Give it a month and the mailman will probably find it under the seat of his car lol.

Brad

Your mailman prob has $30 in Harbor Freight tools, lol Maybe he needed new LED tail lights for his mail truck

I hope this happens again next year, maybe send out a final confirmation right before you assign the names, so no one disappears.

I never care what I get, just happy to give. (Doesn't mean cheap out on me next year )

Happy holidays and New Year to everyone who participated!!!!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2017 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your mailman prob has $30 in Harbor Freight tools, lol Maybe he needed new LED tail lights for his mail truck

I hope this happens again next year, maybe send out a final confirmation right before you assign the names, so no one disappears.

Happy holidays and New Year to everyone who participated!!!!

Did that.
PM'd each participant as I recieved their name and address.
PM'd each participant the name and address of the person they were to send a gift to. (copy and pasted diretly from the original PM I got with that information)
Requested each person confirm via PM that they had received the contact info needed to send a gift. All did.

The only thing known to be missing are 4 gifts.
1. Fats' gift that was originally sent by PokeyFiero. It was repurchased out-of-pocket by Pokey & re-sent after Christmas and tho it arrived late, Fats is quite happy with it. The original is still floating around "out there" somewhere.
2. A gift that was reported via PM to have been sent by the participant to the recipient on Dec 16. No tracking provided via PM to me. It never arrived.
3. A 2nd gift sent to the same address above via priority mail with tracking, courtesy of the 2 anonymous participants and myself.
Tracking says "Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 3:32 pm on January 20, 2017 in _______ ____" (city and zip deleted by me).
I informed the participant via PM that tracking showed it delivered and I requested he confirm it.
As of yesterday (Jan 22) recipient replied via PM that he had not received the package.
The 2nd package was insured and I am in process of finding out thru postmaster what happened to the package. I am hoping tracking jumped the gun and it will be delivered today. f it does not show up today, we will send another, via registered/certified mail (requires a signature at branch post office)
4.JohnWPB's original gift. Part was sent via drop ship directly from vendor. Part was sent from sender himself. As of this morning, it has not arrived.
(John has posted that he did receive the alternate package.)

The policy of "everyone will receive a gift" was started by Fierochic88 in 2004 when she first began PFF Secret Santa, and was continued thru when FierogirlsMom picked it up. GoKartMozart facilitated Secret Santa one year with the same policy and I have opted to do the same. It's Christmas and the right thing to do--the cost is minimal as it is shared by several who volunteer to do it.

It is possible, that someone may receive more than one gift, if an original gift does end up being delivered. All I will say about that is "Merry Christmas!!"

(with the exception of the one person that has not received a gift yet (#2) all contact info has now been deleted from my computer--I make no 'hard/pen and paper' copy)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-23-2017).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2017 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, 2004! I didn't realize it went back that far!!

Maryjane, thanks for taking this on again this year. It has been fun to participate as a participant and it warms my Fiero-loving heart that this has continued on!!

~ Jen

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2017 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We had a semi load of US mail burn a month or so back, here in MN. Ya never know what happens to some things.

Thanks all who participated and MJ for organizing us yahoos as best we could be.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2017 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received my Secret Santa gift today, I have NO clue who it is from, as it was drop shipped.

It's a T-Shirt from Hawaii I think.....

Thanks SS.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2017 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
to clear up any lingering mysteries:

(spelling may not be 100% exact here)
Assigned sender > Recipient

mmeyer86GT/GTP > Rennaizxance
Otakadute > The Dave
davylong86 > Dan Fiero
LightbulbwithaFiero > davylong86
Fats > Otakadude
Sluppy123 > PontiacKid86
Fierochic88 > pokeyfiero
GT Geff > Sardonyx247
Pontiackid86 > Sluppy123
Sardonyx247 > 2.5
E.Furgal > JohnWPB
The Dave > E.Furgal
Dan Fiero > LightbulbwithaFiero
2.5 > GT Geff
JohnWPB > Fierochic88
Pokeyfiero > Fats
Rennaizxance > MMeyer86GT/GTP
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-15-2017 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I received my Secret Santa gift today, I have NO clue who it is from, as it was drop shipped.

It's a T-Shirt from Hawaii I think.....

Thanks SS.

Ya sorry it took so long..
If I knew they didn't have any ready to go.. I'd have picked another..
Yes crazy shirts is in Hawaii... I thought they had a store in key west as they have key west tee shirts..
Ordered it while in Hawaii.. as we picked up shirts.. and they were like sure we can ship..
You might get a 2nd at some point as the store in Hawaii (Kauai) also shipped a shirt in first week jan.. but clearly you didn't get it.. They said if they find it ,it'll go to the customer not to the store as it cost to much to go back to Kauai..
Please tell me there is printing on the back!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 02-15-2017).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock