Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  That time of year again---Secret Santa (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
That time of year again---Secret Santa by maryjane
Started on: 11-04-2016 07:24 PM
Replies: 152 (2546 views)
Last post by: E.Furgal on 02-15-2017 01:40 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2016 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who else has gifts to post pics of? Would be fun to see.
IP: Logged
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2016 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Your Secret Santa had The Fiero Store elves build and ship your gift..

The Fiero Store Elves cobbled together this for me Thanks Secret Santa.

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 12-21-2016).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2016 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PokeyFiero--your package is now on it's way from the frigid North Pole.

rennaizxance--I've been informed, that due to a labor problem with some striking elves, your gift will be arriving a bit late, but it will be shipped as soon as those miscreant elves recover from their beatdown.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 12-22-2016).]

davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2016 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gift is under the tree because the wife said Christmas is on Sunday. Its in a box and I gave it the shake test but no clue what's in there. Will check in on Sunday morning.
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2016 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My gift has arrived and is under the tree for Xmas morning....will update on the big day!!!

Thanks SS!!

Dan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2016 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hardcore people who wait til Christmas to open it
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2016 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Hardcore people who wait til Christmas to open it

I didn't have a choice, I was expecting a Fiero store order, I thought it came early, so I opened it.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2016 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like mine is coming after Christmas. No note in my mail box.

I have to go to pick up packages this time of year at the post office due to packages being stolen from people porches and such. They get held at the post office, and they will not even bring them out.

My local post office delivers tomorrow, but the Post office itself is closed on Saturdays.

EDIT:

Just got a PM saying that there was no confirmation that mine was shipped, and the same person sent their stuff out late last year as well. Naught Naughty! hehehe It gets here when it gets here, a few days makes no difference to me

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 12-23-2016).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2016 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I started the thread Nov 4.
Maybe next year, we should start it on Labor Day?
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did not send mine out late.
Unfortunately stupid shipping policies are screwing up everything.

If my gift is not received soon I will make up for it. My apologies.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post12-24-2016 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My s/s persons gifts shipped from here should get there before x mas.. the drop shipped part.. might be late.. it said 3 days.. but we'll see.

I won't be at home (working)so wife will let me know if a package shows up today..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 12-24-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In spite of best intentions, sometimes life gets in the way, and shipping companies, including FedEx and USPS priority sometimes make mistakes, lose stuff, or deliver to wrong address. I am more than a little confident that everyone will receive their gift. (I haven't even completed shopping for my wife yet)
Meanwhile, deep in the bowels of Cheyenne Mountain, near Colorado Springs Colorado...
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

http://www.noradsanta.org/

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 12-24-2016).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that picture of the entrance to Cheyenne mountain is full scale

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine arrived from Amazon so I opened without realizing it was from my Secret Santa; however, it was like Christmas 3x over because there were 3 boxes :-)

Santa delivered a lovely pewter horse head Keychain, a blue absorber towel which I definitely needed, and an awesome box of Wilderness Candy that is really good! I took pictures but am not sure how to easily post from my phone. I will share after we arrive in PA and I have my computer out again.

Thanks Santa!

Jen
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2016 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOO WOO!!!!!

I got my Secret Santa on christmas morning. USPS delivered on Christmas!! Can't hardly believe it.

I love my Gifts..
Calendar going up in the garage. Will make for great inspiration.
Air fresheners are already in the Expedition not the Fiero. I left the window down during the rain and it got that damp smell that I find horrible.
The video is just perfect. I won't watch it today as it most certainly have some heavy content but I am impatient to watch it.
Obviously someone has picked up on my love of history especially that particular era. Kinda makes it easy to figure out my Santa.
I can only think of two people that would have such an appreciation to choose this video and only one matches the zip code!!!

Thank you very much. My Guess is Jen FieroChic88
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2016 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks SS for the gifts. I got my first ever Fiero shirt, which is kind of crazy because my first Fiero was a brand new 84 off the showroom floor. Calendar is hanging next to my computer, and the cards were in action after lunch today. Santa has a post up in Lasalle, MI. Will have to do some detective work on the SS Identity.

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 12-25-2016).]

DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2016 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for goods SS!!! A perfect calendar for my garage. Knife will definitely come in handy and the cards are a perfect edition to my memorabilia collection. I'm going to hazard a guess by the postmark that is was davylong86.

Thank you so much and Merry Xmas!!!!

DanFiero
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2016 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

WOO WOO!!!!!

I got my Secret Santa on christmas morning. USPS delivered on Christmas!! Can't hardly believe it.

I love my Gifts..
Calendar going up in the garage. Will make for great inspiration.
Air fresheners are already in the Expedition not the Fiero. I left the window down during the rain and it got that damp smell that I find horrible.
The video is just perfect. I won't watch it today as it most certainly have some heavy content but I am impatient to watch it.
Obviously someone has picked up on my love of history especially that particular era. Kinda makes it easy to figure out my Santa.
I can only think of two people that would have such an appreciation to choose this video and only one matches the zip code!!!

Thank you very much. My Guess is Jen FieroChic88

I forked out big for the special Christmas Day delivery lol. Actually, in all seriousness, how cool! I thought it might arrive today.

So glad you like everything! I will let you in on a secrew about the film after you watch it!

Jen

otakudude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2016 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for otakududeSend a Private Message to otakududeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Though the package arrived back on Dec 16th, I held off opening it until last night.

I guess I was a good boy this year (go figure...) cuz' Santa sent me a really cool Dragon Ball Z Kai t-shirt and a 3D model tractor made out of sheet metal.

Thanks much you Jolly ol' Elf!

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-27-2016 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update.. The drop shipped gift has not shipped.. looks like 12-28 it will.. Can't blame them they filled orders as they came in. and seems many had the same gift idea.. and sold through them..
Sorry about that.. if I knew I'd have not bothered... No idea if he got the part of the s.s. sent from here...

Santa hasn't been here yet.. but I work most of the holiday week.. so, it not get opened until after n/y anyways..

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2016 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PMs and posts in this thread indicate there are 7 6 people that have not received a SS gift.

sluppy123--A pm dated Dec 14 said your gift was shipped Dec 14.
Fats--your SS sent your gift back on Dec 1. We've discussed it last week--Have you received anything yet?
E.Furgal-Have you received your gift?
rennaizxance--Your Secret Santa informed me your gift would be late, but it would be coming your way. .
JohnWPB-anything yet?
mmeyer86gt/gtp--Your SS PM'd that your gift would be late. You should have received a pm from me to that effect. (received)
TheDave--have you received your gift?

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-03-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2016 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PMs and posts in this thread indicate there are 7 people that have not received a SS gift.

JohnWPB-anything yet?

Nothing as of today, I just checked the mail a couple hours ago.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2016 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the only (slightly) unpleasant part of Secret Santa--trying to get it 'in the can' for the year and ensure everyone got their gift.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2016 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the work of organizing it MJ!
We cant fix the postal system or peoples memory problems

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 12-29-2016).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-29-2016 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Nothing as of today, I just checked the mail a couple hours ago.

Vendor says it shipped th28th
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2016 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PMs and posts in this thread indicate there are 7 people that have not received a SS gift.

sluppy123--A pm dated Dec 14 said your gift was shipped Dec 14.
Fats--your SS sent your gift back on Dec 1. We've discussed it last week--Have you received anything yet?
E.Furgal-Have you received your gift?
rennaizxance--Your Secret Santa informed me your gift would be late, but it would be coming your way. .
JohnWPB-anything yet?
mmeyer86gt/gtp--Your SS PM'd that your gift would be late. You should have received a pm from me to that effect.
TheDave--have you received your gift?

Nothing on my end yet, but if it costs my secret santa extra to resend I'm fine not getting it since it really is the thought that counts. No idea what could have happened to it.

Brad
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2016 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

Nothing on my end yet, but if it costs my secret santa extra to resend I'm fine not getting it since it really is the thought that counts. No idea what could have happened to it.

Brad

I too am at a loss for an explanation.
All participants acknowledged via PM that they received their assigned name and address.
All acknowledged that they had shipped their gift, had it shipped via 3rd party vendor or that it would be late.

7 people is almost 1/2 the participants. Not a very good results, but I am hoping that @ least a couple of those who participated have actually gotten theirs and just haven't let us know.

Will wait a few more days, and then will do something different.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2016 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From what I can tell so far, looks like it will be here next year

I wish people that have received their stuff would kindly post here, or at least let MaryJane know. He takes the time to put this together, and keep track of everything, it is the very least we can do!

As a bonus, post some pictures of what you received. Including a good guess, as to who you think your secret Santa is, is always fun as well

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 12-31-2016).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-01-2017 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

From what I can tell so far, looks like it will be here next year

I wish people that have received their stuff would kindly post here, or at least let MaryJane know. He takes the time to put this together, and keep track of everything, it is the very least we can do!

As a bonus, post some pictures of what you received. Including a good guess, as to who you think your secret Santa is, is always fun as well

Nothing yet,, but that's ok..

I was so ahead this year. had mine all boxed up way ahead of time.. and Wife went to the post office and sent all the gifts that go south, and this one..
Got a flat this am when I got out of work (yes worked while others partied for new years.. ) got the jack and tool set out and the box is under the seat..
the other half of the s.s. gift was a drop ship from a vendor.. and they shipped late.. so.. can't win for loosing..
Hopefully my ss. person will enjoy the swag. once it gets there..
Can't wait for the wife to get up and ask,for the tracking for that package.. and while she showers put it in front of the coffee maker..
Maybe I'll get one get out of jail, because she didn't sent this , or the other gift that was going to Cali.. to my uncle..

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2017 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

Brad

Well Brad, here is the explanation.

Yours was sent out twice.
They didn't have any regular tracking method and it is an envelope. I hope it didn't just get thrown out as junk mail.
I just had a very not Merry Christmas conversation with some customer service person.
It has been sent out once again and they say 7 to 20 days once again.

My apologies.

On the up side the gift I received is awesome.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2017 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got my gift !!! awesome 85gt diecast!!
PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So....I'm stuck on who mine is!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My guess isn't really a guess its more the result of poking around PFF.

I think my secret santa was sardonyx247.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

correct.

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not to difficult since he had them for sale in the Mall.

As for mine............I am guessing you Jason based upon my aforementioned comments?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

As for mine............I am guessing you Jason based upon my aforementioned comments?

You got it
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

So....I'm stuck on who mine is!

You really don't have much to go on. All 3 packages were drop shipped from Amazon, so not sure if they put the persons name or not, or that they potentially could live in Florida

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You really don't have much to go on. All 3 packages were drop shipped from Amazon, so not sure if they put the persons name or not, or that they potentially could live in Florida

Nope - they were all starkly anonymous ;-) But I think his name might be John and he may have a Blue GT?

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Nope - they were all starkly anonymous ;-) But I think his name might be John and he may have a Blue GT?

I think you nailed it

If you have never used one of the Absorber's before, you are gonna love it! I have had, and used the same one now for I think a little over 10 years. Just leave it damp, and put it back in the tube till next time. I got lucky and was able to find a horse related keychain, and you mentioned you had a daughter, thus the wilderness candy pack

Here is a video I did some time ago, showing the Abosrber in use. Also someone was asking how to dry a car, and how to not get water spots:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-03-2017).]

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2017 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think you nailed it

If you have never used one of the Absorber's before, you are gonna love it! I have had, and used the same one now for I think a little over 10 years. Just leave it damp, and put it back in the tube till next time.

Love my Absorbers. Bought one 2001 and in 2003 for the 20th Anniversary Show in Pontiac. I throw it in the washer once in a while with the car towels to clean. Both are still in great shape.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock