New nose emblems - ready to make, need a final design by trivet
Started on: 10-26-2016 07:47 AM
Replies: 37 (1557 views)
Last post by: trivet on 09-14-2021 09:12 AM
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2016 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

I have been looking for a new front emblem for my Fiero, something a bit more modern. I have had some prototypes made for myself to test quality and fit, and I'm happy with the results.

This is image I used for the prototype:

What I don't have is a final design. There are several I like, but I have been unable to get a hold of the creators to get permission to produce their design. And I won't without permission.

Such as ones from this thread Thoughts on this Fiero Performance Racing Emblem

I have been unable to reach 'My Username Is' for permission to use any of these. (I really like some of them)
I did use one of the designs to make a prototype for my own use (he gives permission in the thread to do so).

I have ZERO art/photoshop/imagination/skill - so....looking for some design suggestions to make a limited run of new emblems. Not looking to reproduce the original, as these are already available. I'm not using Cliffs logo, that is his (he is working on his own, I got his ok to make a different design)

These will be the emblem insert only - the original bezel will still be needed.

Gauging interest - not taking ANY money. If enough people are interested, and once I have a design, I'll have a small run made and go from there.

Tim

[This message has been edited by trivet (edited 10-27-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2016 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't see an image of what yours would be ( but sometimes my puter doesn't show pics), or which of the ones in the other thread is it like?
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2016 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to cut and paste some samples in my original post - These are what I had in mind. Or something similar.

Willing to look at anything though, if there is enough interest, and a general consensus on design, I can get these done in a week or 2. The first batch wasn't as thick as I would have liked, will have better results on the final run.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2016 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are very cool.
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2016 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the first one made - not the final design, just a prototype - still need help with the final design.

Comparison

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post10-27-2016 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The wide/angled red/white/blue looks to much like a buick badge..
Now for those with a 3800s/c swap it might be just the ticket,, a hint, without any badges telling of the swap..

I do like the yellow horse and black background..

The yellow background I like but it also looks like another make , pshing that wannabe mindset many outside the Fiero club have of the car..

The horses mouth doesn't look natural.. somethings off..

I think a nose badge in the shape of the Pontiac arrow with the black background, and yellow horse would be killer.. sure it be larger than stock.. but allow you to loose the upper banner of red/white/blue..
That is more a buick badge trademark or Camaro than Pontiac..

Or the black background, yellow horse with the word Pontiac above where the red/white/blue is.. but g.m. might come knocking..
could always put g.m.80 there...

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 10-27-2016).]

trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2016 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:
The yellow background I like but it also looks like another make , pshing that wannabe mindset many outside the Fiero club have of the car..

Agreed - that's why it's only the prototype, not the final design. I wanted something different just to see what it looked like, but I agree, it's too much like a Ferrari emblem. (Might be cool for a MERA though )

Originally posted by E.Furgal:
I think a nose badge in the shape of the Pontiac arrow with the black background, and yellow horse would be killer.. sure it be larger than stock.. but allow you to loose the upper banner of red/white/blue..

I like the sound of that. Anyone with Photoshop skills able to help out?

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post10-27-2016 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I posted a link in this thread, maybe something will come up..

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...738-64.html#lastpost
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2016 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like them both! Any idea price & when they will be available?
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2016 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it a lot, please change back ground to red with black horse so I can see if I like it even more.
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2016 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

I like them both! Any idea price & when they will be available?

Price will be $15-$20 each shipped. (Target cost is $16 shipped) Depends on how many are done at a time.

Availability will depend on how soon I can get a final design, then about 1-2 week turnaround. (Once I have a final design, including a high quality image to use)

I need some help with images!! Anyone with Photoshop skills?

[This message has been edited by trivet (edited 10-27-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-27-2016 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trivet,
I'm glad you started this new thread of creating a new badge. I like the prototype you had made. I actually had a copy of that badge from another thread for a while. It looks nice, but I've always thought the kicking leg was sticking out a bit far. I think the horse's mouth looks okay to me. Maybe make the horse little thicker so it would be more noticeable.

Maybe change the banner style to vertical style. To be honest, I like the Ferrari badge too, but we don't want people laughing at us either. So, gotta make Fiero badge look cool like Ferrari, but separated at the same time. I still like the original Fiero's Pegasus. Maybe refine it & make it look better in 3D version.

Try color reverse with black & gold (gold on Pegasus & black background)....like Lamborghini & see how it looks. That's what Fiero looks like when it first came out.
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2016 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are the ones I really like - I can't reach the person who created them though.
This image is from Fierosails website - they have permission to use them. I am hoping to get permission as well.

I really like the "sideways" Pegasus, much more modern looking. I keep getting suggestions for designs - But I don't have the skills or software to produce.

So.....still need some help with images. I can get these produced as soon as I have a high quality image to use.

I'm thinking of starting a contest - winning image gets the first 3 emblems produced - free. Thoughts?

[This message has been edited by trivet (edited 10-28-2016).]

trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2016 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

trivet

783 posts
Member since Apr 2012
More from this thread

I like this one a lot as well.

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2016 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally, I like the design that FieroSails sells. That, and the same logo with the red, white, and blue diagonal stripes at the top or the original Fiero Pegasus with either horizontal or diagonal stripes on top. Unless it's to be used on a rebody, I'd stay away from the Pseudo-Ferrari design.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2016 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you ing to have a reflective chrome aspect to any part of it?
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2016 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Are you ing to have a reflective chrome aspect to any part of it?

It won't be a "true" chrome, no - but it is a glossy finish, so anything silver should reflect well.

What I want is a hybrid of these:

Colors from the top one, new Pegasus design from the bottom. If someone can Photoshop that - PLEASE DO.

trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2016 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

trivet

783 posts
Member since Apr 2012
Found these here- VERY close to what I'm looking for!

THough I am thinking of a black/dark background and FIERO or FIERO GT in text
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2016 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok - here's what I have so far....... Thoughts?

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2016 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it. Got any price ranges, yet?
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2016 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably about $16 shipped.

This is for the insert only, adhesive back - no bezel.
PFF
System Bot
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2016 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A couple more - can add color, just wanted to get input on these.

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2016 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trivet:

It won't be a "true" chrome, no - but it is a glossy finish, so anything silver should reflect well.

What I want is a hybrid of these:

Colors from the top one, new Pegasus design from the bottom. If someone can Photoshop that - PLEASE DO.

How would it look if the red, white and blue lines were brought together with FIERO dropped out?
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2016 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:
How would it look if the red, white and blue lines were brought together with FIERO dropped out?

Not sure what you mean.......So put "Fiero" and the red/white/blue on top?
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2016 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. Using the stock Pegasus image, as above, bring the red, white and blue horizontal bands together so there's no space between them. Then put Fiero imposed over those bands in silver or black. Pretty much a stock logo except with the addition of the 3 color bands behind the copy. Same could be done with Fiero GT. All the Fiero nose badges used initial caps with the remainder in lower case rathr than all caps.

Possible legends with any design could be Fiero GT, Fiero SE, Formula or other custom copy, depending upon how hard it is to change your production and how many of each you would need to produce to make it cost effective.

Without reading back through the thread, will these have a clear overlay?

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 11-03-2016).]

trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2016 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:
Possible legends with any design could be Fiero GT, Fiero SE, Formula or other custom copy, depending upon how hard it is to change your production and how many of each you would need to produce to make it cost effective.

Without reading back through the thread, will these have a clear overlay?

I need to keep it to 1 or 2 designs max - otherwise the price per piece would not be worth doing. To get decent prices (about $16 shipped) I need to order 100+

And yes, they have a clear overlay - they are not a "flat" decal, but not as thick as the originals are either. Once I have a design finalized, I will have another prototype batch run and send a few out for testing, fit, and review. If satisfactory - I will offer them for sale in the mall.

I prefer the "new" logo, as I am looking to "update" the emblems look. I'll try the 'Fiero' on top of the red/white/blue (w/o spaces) to see how it looks,
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2016 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You do realize that the more people you ask, the more "input" you will get. You will not find everyone agreeing on one design. Just pick one and go with it.
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2016 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

You do realize that the more people you ask, the more "input" you will get. You will not find everyone agreeing on one design. Just pick one and go with it.

You make an excellent point

However, I did want some input, as I plan to have a decent size run made to keep costs down. So, I would like to see some interest in what I presented before I spend the money on a large(ish) production run and hope I get back my investment.

But I get your point, I've narrowed it down to a few designs, just working on getting a decent image with good resolution (what I've posted so far is nowhere near the quality I need).

I hope to have a final (or 2) by the weekend - then do one more "prototype" run. I will then send off a few badges to forum members to inspect, test fit, and review. If all goes well, I'll have a large batch made and post in the mall.
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2016 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok - these are the designs I'm going with:

New - updated Pegasus (Emblem 1)

And this:

Original Pegasus (Emblem 2)

Should have these ready by next weekend - I'll be starting with Emblem 1, and if there is enough interest, I'll do a run of Emblem #2
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2016 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First production run under way. Posting in The Mall to follow soon.....

[This message has been edited by trivet (edited 11-11-2016).]

Ponnari

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2021 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Tim, are you still making these (the top one) or have any left to sell? I'm looking for at least 4 of them. Please PM or email me. lou-lavender@hotmail.com .
Thanks! - Lou

Originally posted by trivet:

Hi all,

I have been looking for a new front emblem for my Fiero, something a bit more modern. I have had some prototypes made for myself to test quality and fit, and I'm happy with the results.

This is image I used for the prototype:

What I don't have is a final design. There are several I like, but I have been unable to get a hold of the creators to get permission to produce their design. And I won't without permission.

Such as ones from this thread Thoughts on this Fiero Performance Racing Emblem

I have been unable to reach 'My Username Is' for permission to use any of these. (I really like some of them)
I did use one of the designs to make a prototype for my own use (he gives permission in the thread to do so).

I have ZERO art/photoshop/imagination/skill - so....looking for some design suggestions to make a limited run of new emblems. Not looking to reproduce the original, as these are already available. I'm not using Cliffs logo, that is his (he is working on his own, I got his ok to make a different design)

These will be the emblem insert only - the original bezel will still be needed.

Gauging interest - not taking ANY money. If enough people are interested, and once I have a design, I'll have a small run made and go from there.

Tim

------------------
"Because in a split second, It's gone"
Ayrton Senna

PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2021 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might use the lettering Pontiac was moving to but then canceled the car.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2021 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

5995 posts
Member since Mar 2003
Here is what they had

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2021 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

Here is what they had

I truly wish I could find one of those for sale. I would imagine the price would be astronomical.
Cokeologist

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2021 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CokeologistSend a Private Message to CokeologistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I truly wish I could find one of those for sale. I would imagine the price would be astronomical.

PM sent
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2021 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cokeologist:

PM sent

Replied..
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2021 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love this option
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ponnari:

Hi Tim, are you still making these or have any left to sell? I'm looking for at least 4 of them. Please PM or email me. lou-lavender@hotmail.com .
Thanks! - Lou

Sorry I took so long to reply, I don't get on here too often lately.....

I no longer make these, as the demand was pretty low.

However, I still have a few of this design left.

[This message has been edited by trivet (edited 09-14-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock