Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Thoughts on this Fiero Performance Racing Emblem (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Thoughts on this Fiero Performance Racing Emblem by My Username Is
Started on: 07-05-2012 04:20 AM
Replies: 68 (4106 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 09-12-2021 11:09 AM
My Username Is

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 04:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My Username IsSend a Private Message to My Username IsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was a post regarding the origin of the Fiero brand that got me thinking.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089680.html

While researching the logo, I found an older post where someone had mentioned that they would like to have a Ferrari style design put together.

So, I worked on it. Did some research on a font style that closely resembled a Pontiac script used for the Gran Prix back in the day and incorporated it into the design using the initials for Fire and Aero, and utilized American colors red white and blue.

This is what I came up with:

Rather than suggesting it should be a replacement or update for the traditional Fiero emblem, I think it better suits a modified or performance Fiero. Or I could be way off.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 04:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was someone selling something similar inspired by the ferrari logo as a decal off memory.
kung fu horse
My Username Is

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 05:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My Username IsSend a Private Message to My Username IsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, well, my Kung-Fu horse could kick Ferrari's Kung-Fu horses' arse! :P

[This message has been edited by My Username Is (edited 07-05-2012).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by My Username Is:

Yeah, well, my Kung-Fu horse could kick Ferrari's Kung-Fu horses' arse! :P

What about in a race hehe. I like the kung fu horse i don't like some of the fairy tail horses you see as pegasus's gimmie an angry horse any day. I do like the Mobile fuel logo.
My Username Is

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 05:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My Username IsSend a Private Message to My Username IsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

What about in a race hehe. I like the kung fu horse i don't like some of the fairy tail horses you see as pegasus's gimmie an angry horse any day. I do like the Mobile fuel logo.

That horse won't fight, look at it, it looks like it would lick you to death long before it would try to pick a pebble out of your hand.

[This message has been edited by My Username Is (edited 07-05-2012).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That horse won't fight, look at it, it looks like it would lick you to death long before it would try to pick a pebble out of your hand.

Your right i never noticed them with the white bits your right it is off to fairy tale land with that one.
Ohh it just loves sugar cubes i better pop 2 in the tank.................................................... (kidding never put sugar with petrol)
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There was a post regarding the origin of the Fiero brand that got me thinking.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089680.html

While researching the logo, I found an older post where someone had mentioned that they would like to have a Ferrari style design put together.

So, I worked on it. Did some research on a font style that closely resembled a Pontiac script used for the Gran Prix back in the day and incorporated it into the design using the initials for Fire and Aero, and utilized American colors red white and blue.

This is what I came up with:

Rather than suggesting it should be a replacement or update for the traditional Fiero emblem, I think it better suits a modified or performance Fiero. Or I could be way off.

The 'S/F' on the Ferrari logo stands for 'Scuderia Ferrari', or the 'Stable (or home/house) of Ferrari'.

Perhaps you could use 'F/M' (Fiero Motorsports)?
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it. Nuff said.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the kung-fu Pegasus better than the on that looks like it is farting.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMO the F and the A detract and clutter it a bit.

How about a black horse with white lines? Sort of inverted colors on just the pegasus.
If you're looking for suggestions.
Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it.
PFF
System Bot
My Username Is

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My Username IsSend a Private Message to My Username IsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No more farting or karate kicks....

Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice man! v2 is kick Ass

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NICE!
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes! That looks much better than the kung-fu version. Now you just need to make it into an insert like the standard FIERO sticker/badge and I think you've got something.
Fiero42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero42Send a Private Message to Fiero42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is sweet! I'd tighten the red white and blue lines at the top, maybe make them even wider...THIS IS AMERICAN!

Maybe put the Pegasus (Which is awesome btw) on a red or blue background?

I'd buy a decal!
Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm liking v2 even more!
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im all over V2 put me down for 3 of them.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero42:

That is sweet! I'd tighten the red white and blue lines at the top, maybe make them even wider...THIS IS AMERICAN!

Maybe put the Pegasus (Which is awesome btw) on a red or blue background?

I'd buy a decal!

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't like it. The horse looks like it's being staled at the gates. Seriously, the red, white, and blue strips is nice, but not the horse. Use the original logo with the three strips.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2012 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 07-06-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2012 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think your badge looks even better than this one:

My Username Is

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2012 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My Username IsSend a Private Message to My Username IsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:I think your badge looks even better than this one:

I saw those also, can't decide how I feel about it. Best not to distract myself from what I do like.

Some more ideas:

Easiest way to tell if something looks good or not is to pick the one that stands out from the group. Hope I'm not bugging the forum by posting this. It's how I relax.

BTW, I have no interest in making these, but would be happy to provide a file for anyone who does- but only for personal use. No sense giving away a million dollar idea. :P

[This message has been edited by My Username Is (edited 07-06-2012).]

Uniquekind

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2012 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UniquekindSend a Private Message to UniquekindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think this design is by far the strongest, and I agree that the stripes should be thicker. However, I don't feel the yellow. If printed/painted/stamped or however you might choose to produce them (if you change your mind that is) I think a silver/white/gold background would look better. The yellow might be good if you have an exotic body kit, but doesn't look so good for normal Fiero applications imho.

You might also consider contacting silver 85 sc regarding the linked thread--perhaps he can machine this design for you--the colors could be enameled afterwards, and it would look sick.

Of the new ones you posted, I don't think the angled stripes look very good--makes the American stripes look foreign. I'd also like to see some solid coloring/outlining without any shadows/highlights/shading.

Anyway, Great concepting! Keep up the good work!

Edit: I'd personally like to see the outline and pegasus in silver/grey with the background black.

[This message has been edited by Uniquekind (edited 07-06-2012).]

My Username Is

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2012 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My Username IsSend a Private Message to My Username IsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Needs to be tweaked and cleaned up a little:

Too busy?
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2012 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like the one's with the original Fiero Pegasus and red/white/and blue banding. I would love to make a vinyl sticker of these and put one the back of my Mera.
My Username Is

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2012 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My Username IsSend a Private Message to My Username IsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

I really like the one's with the original Fiero Pegasus and red/white/and blue banding. I would love to make a vinyl sticker of these and put one the back of my Mera.

Like this maybe?

Found this by accident:

Here: http://www.24designs.net/in..._info&products_id=46 $15.00

Had to get this out of my head:

[This message has been edited by My Username Is (edited 07-07-2012).]

Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2012 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That one is perfect for the Mera. The punisher "jake" skull on a Pontiac arrow is a little confusing. "Jake" belongs on a Vette.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 07-06-2012).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2012 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

I think your badge looks even better than this one:

Hmmm...
Similar.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040027.html

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-07-2012).]

My Username Is

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2012 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My Username IsSend a Private Message to My Username IsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I pull my inspiration from where ever I find it, my favorite so far is from Peugeot

I'm laughing a little at the comment about it being similar having just gone through the hatch-back thread where different ideas are presented from other cars.

[This message has been edited by My Username Is (edited 07-07-2012).]

newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2012 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some great creativity, what program are you using to create the designs. Keep up the good work!!
PFF
System Bot
My Username Is

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2012 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My Username IsSend a Private Message to My Username IsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Photoshop and Illustrator. Honestly, the only thing that keeps me from looking like a hack are the Ps Styles.
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2012 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know a stylized skeleton pegasus might look good with that skull pontiac logo.....

Would also be good symbol for Pontiacs IMO, it is a "dead" company.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 07-07-2012).]

Stainless1911

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2012 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stainless1911Send a Private Message to Stainless1911Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Horses don't have wings.
My Username Is

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2012 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My Username IsSend a Private Message to My Username IsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stainless1911:

Horses don't have wings.

Pappy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2012 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like V2 it looks like he's getting ready to stomp the living crap out of something!

But there's something about the wings - I can't put my finger on it

Red, White, and Blue stripes are perfect
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2012 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally I do not care for the horse on it. It is far too busy. Some of the other emblems and designs folks have made here are much cleaner looking and IMHO more modern looking as well. I machined quite a few designs on my CNC mill and even sold a few here to others. It seems like everyone has their own ideas of what looks cool and what wording should be included. My new VMC is not ready just yet to run but I will probably make some more emblems with it once it is. I like the simpler cleaner designs with crisp lines and less clutter generally. The Ferrari Logo is Iconic and has an aura of style and quality that defines Ferrari, trying to take that and put it on the Fiero somehow cheapens both of them to me. The Fiero logo is interesting by itself and some of the more tasteful redo's on here have some merit but to me at the end of the day the basic Fiero logo is best perhaps with a change or addition of wording tastefully done if you want to add anything at all. I got the most interest from those in the end. Good luck with your design tho....peace

Pete

My Username Is

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2012 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My Username IsSend a Private Message to My Username IsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Personally I do not care for the horse on it. It is far too busy. Some of the other emblems and designs folks have made here are much cleaner looking and IMHO more modern looking as well. I machined quite a few designs on my CNC mill and even sold a few here to others. It seems like everyone has their own ideas of what looks cool and what wording should be included. My new VMC is not ready just yet to run but I will probably make some more emblems with it once it is. I like the simpler cleaner designs with crisp lines and less clutter generally. The Ferrari Logo is Iconic and has an aura of style and quality that defines Ferrari, trying to take that and put it on the Fiero somehow cheapens both of them to me. The Fiero logo is interesting by itself and some of the more tasteful redo's on here have some merit but to me at the end of the day the basic Fiero logo is best perhaps with a change or addition of wording tastefully done if you want to add anything at all. I got the most interest from those in the end. Good luck with your design tho....peace

Pete

Perhaps you're right. It seems this has started to become somewhat of an obsession for me while I wait for the right Fiero project to come along. I love the input, it only makes ideas better as they evolve. Thanks!
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2012 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can you do this ^^^ design with Cliff's updated Pegasus logo instead of your whole horse?

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 07-08-2012).]

pro street dave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2012 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
need moor!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock