Started on: 07-26-2013 02:02 AM
Replies: 17 (888 views)
Last post by: tshark on 07-07-2016 07:38 PM
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As many of you know, I create custom emblem inserts for the front badging of the Fiero. Tonight I was working on a Fiero logo project for Hardpact on here and while looking at his backing, decided to mix up some urethane resin. I added a black dye for resins, created a quick mold, and whipped this up:

The originals:

The copy that I made:

Both together:

Came out very nice. I need to extend the mold to make the mounting stud a little longer but other than that, it is a perfect reproduction. I don't know if I should reproduce these for sale or if anyone other than myself could even use these.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's very nice.

I think you should consider a potential sale option just since you have already proven you can create them. There's likely a good handful of individuals here on the forum that want to do custom front emblems, and they may already have something in mind, want a "new" backing plate, but also not want to tear up the emblem they have now.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

These are the badges IMSA GT made for me. I am extremely happy with them. I have full confidence in his abilities and work.

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an aluminum emblem that I need a backing for... I have to double check that it is stock size, but I don't have my car right now. I would consider buying one of these from you!
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See? I was right.

notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would take one. I have the badge from the 30th that I need a backing for.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you make me one, and an emblem? I need the lettering and colors changed on the emblem.
quins&dads88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for quins&dads88Send a Private Message to quins&dads88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in!
quins&dads88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for quins&dads88Send a Private Message to quins&dads88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

quins&dads88

64 posts
Member since Mar 2013
I'm interested in that as well as something a little bigger....say 2 @ 5"x3" exactly how you did what you did.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want a few of these please!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2014 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Id ther any way to make the new one more easily removable, such as not having to get behind it and loosen a nut? Just a thought. we'd be able to swap out stock for non stock more easily in that case.
PFF
System Bot
Inferno

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2016 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these still being made?
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2016 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Inferno:

Are these still being made?

x2 - I would be very interested in this

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
85K miles
Bay City, MI

Curtisk1060

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2016 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would you be able to use the same process to re-create the original rear deck wing spoiler gaskets? If so, I know there is a market for those as the ones the Fiero Store made a long time ago never fit right.. Curtis
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2016 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Curtisk1060:

Would you be able to use the same process to re-create the original rear deck wing spoiler gaskets? If so, I know there is a market for those as the ones the Fiero Store made a long time ago never fit right.. Curtis

Not the samue unfortunately. The emblem backing is hard plastic, where as the spoiler gaskets are soft rubber.

Interesting to see if he is ever made these actually, as he posted this three years ago

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2016 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How do threads that are 6 months old get archived yet this one is 3 years old and still alive?

I made those backings as prototypes. I made a mould of the original and used a soft, bendable plastic resin. It was too soft so if you even hand tightemed the nut on the stud, you would twist the entire stud right off the backing plate. I could probably make them out of a harder material but I doubt the stud would be any better. They would end up being installed with double sided tape.
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will you be making both backings? The GT & SE have different holders. Can't remember which one is which but that second tab on the back is either on the left or the right depending on which model of car you have.

Edited: just read your last post.. OOPS,.... read the whole thing next time.

[This message has been edited by x-thumpr-x (edited 07-07-2016).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually, even the GTs have different pin locations. If you try a TFS emblem on an '88 GT, the locator pin is in the wrong location. The various emblems are also different sizes.

If these were produced, they would have to be made with the pins merely for placement, and all 3 pins included. One pin would need to be removed, and tape would have to be used.

Off-topic, but what are the criteria for archival? Is it a manual thing? Date? Activity?

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 07-07-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock