Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Danyel's 88 Formula Automoda Convertible Worklog (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Danyel's 88 Formula Automoda Convertible Worklog by Danyel
Started on: 06-16-2016 09:54 PM
Replies: 96 (4512 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 01-15-2024 08:16 PM
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2019 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Missed you in Frazee. Prayers for Helene's continued recovery. Merry Christmas!

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes
Frazee: 2011, 2014, 2016, 2019

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 12-24-2019).]

IP: Logged
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2020 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow !! One year to the day since my last post ...... so many things have happened and the time that went by so. so fast ... thanks Art for the best wishes for Hélène.... she has gone through ALOT but now is doing really fine. .... in the next post I will update all that has been done to the ol’girl ..
Danyel
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2020 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
As you all probably know the 2020 season has gone by with many issues and upgrades for my Automoda ... the impossible gear changing had come back many times, changed many things and to finally resolve the issue ordered and installed a NEW Fierostore 9.75 HD Clutch .. Problem solved

New issue was the leaks of the Automoda top .... decided I had enough and had a excellent fiero member make a copy of his uninstalled top and he sent it to me .... had a local shop install it ... What a difference .. no more leaks and wind whistle when travelling top up

Danyel

------------------

My PFF Store
Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 11-24-2020).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2020 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
This summer after completing all the upgrades and repairs we decided to install new tires all around, Firehawk Indy500 model. 235 front and 245 rear the ride is REALLY smooth !!

Hélène and I did at least 1000 miles with fiero friends .. Du to Covid19 no organised road trips or events were available... so we did some rides with good friends like Nick & Nathalie Fitzback (White 88 T-Top) also with Yann and his girlfriend (Red 86 GT)Had some really nice rides with them .. here are some pics...

And some more with Nick and his wife Nathalie

Danyel

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2020 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Made a new design and had it made in 4 new Front emblem ...I will order from him soon a metal version ..this guy does REALLY nice custom emblems

Danyel
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2020 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
These are the recent pictures ...just before going to sleep for the winter....

Chateau Frontenac in the background ...

Danyel

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2020 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car looks amazing! Maybe time for some nice leather seats?

[This message has been edited by Spadesluck (edited 11-25-2020).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2020 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got many questions in my PM box concerning my Fiero Toy / Memorabilia..so here are some updated pics ....

Complete memorabilia shot from far

Top three shelves I bought many grey ones as they were selling really cheap about 15$ plus shipping

Next four shelves with my latest acquisition the Tonka Hauler with 3 fieros .... and one of my most precious item see pic below ..

A signed Fiero firewall by Hulki Aldikacti.. you can the three rare 1:43 scale fieros in front of the firewall

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 11-25-2020).]

davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2020 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pics and updates Danyel. I have been out of the loop for awhile myself. Car looks great and have a good turkey day.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2020 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

Car looks amazing! Maybe time for some nice leather seats?

They are in the works... waiting for a quote from Mr Mike on my new LOGO ... embroidered onto the seats leather dark grey sides cloth interior with logo head rest in cloth as my dual 3.5 per seat JBL speakers are there... I also have new in the box Mr Mikes LAST Pallex grey OEM seat covers... in case someone here would like to buy them. ....here are a couple of pics

Danyel
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2021 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well its a NEW Year and I wanted to give ya all an update on the MY Automoda Formula... I wanted to also answer a couple of questions that were asked by some of you.... I usually dont like to reveal this stuff but being its been over 4+ years and many of my Canadian friends want to get an idea on buying a Fiero on USA side how much total. So let me break this down..
A Fiero that is around 9K to 10k USD will cost you the below prices also depending on where it is located prices may change but for me then
Custom and Duties. 850.00$
Shipping to Levis. 2,000.00$
—————-—————————————
Total shipped to me 2850.00$ USD =. this is an estimated but make sure you get ALL the proper paperwork f4om the seller makes things ALOT easier

So now on January 3, 2021 I have invested for repairs and upgrades over 8.5k . I am POSITIVE I will NEVER get my money back ... but thats OK as the pleasure in owning and driving a 1 of 35 kind of fiero is PRICELESS. There are alot more to be done to her to make it JUST PERFECT. In the next post I will recap what has been done since I got her and what is in the works for this winter.....
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2021 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Items and repairs done and upgrades.

01. Clutch is not disengaging. (Replace the master cylinder)
02. Replace clutch with FieroStore HD 9.75 clutch
03. Lower driver door molding piece missing replace with new.
04. Rear coilovers for wider rear tires 18s
05. Spyn Wheels (225/40R18 Front & 255/35R18 Rear)
06. Side markers broken and brittle replace with My LED kit.
07. Center console Armrest has a big tear replaced.
08. Passenger side door striker door doesn't open replaced
09. Winshield replaced
10. Install Power Mirrors
11. Install Power Door locks with Remote
12. Convertible Roof Fasteners and Lock pins repaired
13. Convertible Top New material to recover.
14. Replace A and B pillar covers broken tabs (Modify their attachements and caps)
15. Replace seat levers broken driverside
16. Seat Covers (Mr. Mikes on order)
17. 13 inch Big Brakes AND Stainless Steel Brake hoses (OEM Disks were warped)
18. Installed GM Big brake booster
19. Modified Performance Sound Overhead switch
20. LED Interior Lighting (Done)
21. Install Fiero Logo Projectors
22. Remove Front Sunroof Glass Holder (Removed the 2 lips)
23. Front wiring harness replaced (mice attacked)
24. Headlight Door Module needs replaced driver side not going up.
25. Installed my Low Profile 60mm Hella Headlights
26. Upgrade to GT Steering Wheel (Dont like paddles)
27. Installed Mecham Side scoops
28. Installed Rear Hood Extractor (79 Mustang)
29. Antenna Delete
30. Front hood Extractor
31. Installed Automoda LED logo door sills
32. Fit the overhead convertible roof faceplate
33. Checked and Redone all the needed wiring (They looked chewed by mice some were bare)
34. Installed New Front Badge
35. Replaced Rear links kit (They were rotted off completely)
36. Replace the Shift and Select cables (Were very hard to shift as rust entered the cables)
37. Fabrication of front LED DRL
38. Upgrade dash to Amida’s G1 and with matching door bottoms and console.
39. Replace windshield washer tank (Broken Tabs)
40. Din2 with Apple Car Play Radio

and for late 2021 a New Paint .... COLOR TO BE ANNOUNCED but for now these items are in process of installation..

Hood extractor ,Tom’s Electronic Gauges and New JBL HeadRest Speakers for my newly bought 84 back seats with proper holes.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2021 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Danyel

Hope to see your car again some day. Let the upgrades payoff...priceless.

Happy new year !!

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

nosaint

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2021 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Made a new design and had it made in 4 new Front emblem ...I will order from him soon a metal version ..this guy does REALLY nice custom emblems

Danyel

who makes these?
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2021 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosaint:

who makes these?

PM sent
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2023 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it’s been almost 2 years … will get this thread back up to speed next week …
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2024 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are pics of my convertible and my lovely wife taken at the 40th … It was a great week received 4 awards and I was extremely surprised and happy..

Greatest regards.

Danyel

------------------

My Automoda Build Thread
Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page