First Time Owner by Marcopolo
Started on: 04-09-2016 02:51 PM
Replies: 16 (324 views)
Last post by: Marcopolo on 04-14-2016 10:32 AM
Marcopolo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarcopoloClick Here to visit Marcopolo's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarcopoloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and I feel I should introduce myself.

My name is Marc, I live in Oshkosh, WI and I am a GM Service Technician at Bergstrom GM of Oshkosh, about to graduate from the GM program in June to start full time. I purchased a Fiero about 5 months ago. First Fiero I ever owned, and It is part way through a 3400 swap. My love for Fieros started 2 years ago, where at the dealership I work at I was able to test drive an 85 SE with the 5 speed. I thought it was the greatest thing ever! Ever since then, I've had dreams and finally I followed through.

This car has been totally re-worked, all the rust wire wheeled off the under body and coated, all steering and suspension components powder coated black, poly EVERYTHING as far as bushings go, coil over suspension in the rear and a solid dog bone mount. The brakes have been upgraded to the Seville calipers. All thats really left for me is the paint, align a few panels, align the custom exhaust and try to start the engine. It's a 3 speed and someone put a shift kit in it that has never been ran. I have no idea if its a shift correction or performance kit.

As for the parts I have installed, I routed and made the cooling system, got new tinted sail panels from TFS, the bolt-on vertical doors from Vertical Doors Inc. and BFGoodrich radial tires all around. The new windshield will be installed by Glasstec soon and it needs new windows as theyre scratched up I'm junk yarding and finding misc panels and fasteners, but my yard is really dried up. 10 fieros and all usable parts are taken out of them. This is the first project car I've ever had, so I have a lot to learn.

I'm proud to be an owner of this car and I'm excited to piece it together and get rolling this summer! I've been reading many posts on here and I am impressed with the big fan base and knowledge that rolls through here, so thanks for having me.

------------------
Marco

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome and one thing caught my eye just because it is a HUGE debate on here. You said you have the Vertical Doors bolt on kit. Was that a true bolt on or did you have to modify it to work?

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 04-09-2016).]

Marcopolo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarcopoloClick Here to visit Marcopolo's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarcopoloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply. It was a true bolt-on kit, I really didn't need to modify anything. I marked the hinge location and it bolted up and aligned better than I thought. I went with this kit because of the lifetime warranty and american made Plus i needed new door pins, so I thought I'd make it interesting.

------------------
Marco

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the madness Marcopolo .... here you will find TONS of information about our quirky little cars ... use the SEARCH button it is your best friend another suggestion would be post alot of pics

regards from Canada

Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 04-09-2016).]

Marcopolo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarcopoloClick Here to visit Marcopolo's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarcopoloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Welcome to the madness Marcopolo .... here you will find TONS of information about our quirky little cars ... use the SEARCH button it is your best friend another suggestion would be post alot of pics

regards from Canada

Danyel

Thanks! I'm happy to be a part of it. Many pics coming your guys' way as soon as i figure out how to post them

------------------
Marco

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marcopolo:

Many pics coming your guys' way as soon as i figure out how to post them

If you're running Windows, use PIP to upload/host the images.

Images can be a maximum width of 1024 pixels. Height can be anything. Maximum file size is 300 kb. A great free program for re-sizing and/or re-compressing images is IrfanView.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-09-2016).]

Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to our addiction. There is no cure. Since you are new, here is a story you may not be aware of and an big hint to the quality of the "family" you have chosen to join. Checkout: http://www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com/ especially the "television videos" under "pics and vids" You're in Wisconsin so you're just a stones throw from Frazee, MN. It's a great gathering, for a great cause and a great gathering of interesting people. You don't need a Fiero to go. Drive whatever you have. If it has wheels it's welcome; a 3rd grader decorated his bicycle, another guy from Florida entered his rental car. Join us, you'll have a terrific time. This year will be my 3rd trip to Frazee.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes
Frazee: 2011, 2014

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 04-09-2016).]

Marcopolo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarcopoloClick Here to visit Marcopolo's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarcopoloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

If you're running Windows, use PIP to upload/host the images.

Images can be a maximum width of 1024 pixels. Height can be anything. Maximum file size is 300 kb. A great free program for re-sizing and/or re-compressing images is IrfanView.

Thanks Patrick, I'll be posting images soon then!

------------------
Marco

Marcopolo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarcopoloClick Here to visit Marcopolo's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarcopoloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Marcopolo

50 posts
Member since Apr 2016

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Welcome to our addiction. There is no cure. Since you are new, here is a story you may not be aware of and an big hint to the quality of the "family" you have chosen to join. Checkout: http://www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com/ especially the "television videos" under "pics and vids" You're in Wisconsin so you're just a stones throw from Frazee, MN. It's a great gathering, for a great cause and a great gathering of interesting people. You don't need a Fiero to go. Drive whatever you have. If it has wheels it's welcome; a 3rd grader decorated his bicycle, another guy from Florida entered his rental car. Join us, you'll have a terrific time. This year will be my 3rd trip to Frazee.

Thanks for the invite! I heard a lot about Tyler Shipman. I think i'll take a trip down to Frazee and visit the gathering, it sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.

------------------
Marco

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the invite! I heard a lot about Tyler Shipman. I think i'll take a trip down to Frazee and visit the gathering, it sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.

You will NOT be disappointed! I look forward to meeting you in Frazee at the end of July!

Vernon, seriously some guy from Florida entered a rental car in the car show..... Sounds like a real moron!
Marcopolo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarcopoloClick Here to visit Marcopolo's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarcopoloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also heard something about the Dells Fiero car show... anyone ever go?

------------------
Marco

PFF
System Bot
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I also heard something about the Dells Fiero car show... anyone ever go?

For more than a decade. Just call up Chula Vista in Wisconsin Dells and make a hotel reservation, mention you're with the Fiero Fanatics Dells Run group for the discounted rate. We usually go down on Thursday(6/2 this year) and head home on Sunday(6/5) morning after awards. The show is on Saturday afternoon, the rest of the days are for kickin back and just hanging out with awesome people.

http://midwestfieroclubs.co...n-2016-registration/

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 04-13-2016).]

Marcopolo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarcopoloClick Here to visit Marcopolo's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarcopoloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

For more than a decade. Just call up Chula Vista in Wisconsin Dells and make a hotel reservation, mention you're with the Fiero Fanatics Dells Run group for the discounted rate. We usually go down on Thursday(6/2 this year) and head home on Sunday(6/5) morning after awards. The show is on Saturday afternoon, the rest of the days are for kickin back and just hanging out with awesome people.

http://midwestfieroclubs.co...n-2016-registration/

Sounds like I'm with some awesome people

------------------
Marco

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome! Also caught my eye a true bolt on vertical door kit!?? How did we miss that? Seems like everywhere you look, but can never find one. Nice to know that Vertical Doors Inc really has one. Now all I need is a thousand dollars or so that I don't need.

Please post pics. Your car sounds very clean.
Marcopolo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarcopoloClick Here to visit Marcopolo's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarcopoloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure if any of you know the member scott0999, But he started the 3400 swap on my Fiero, and I bought it from him to continue it until it is finished. So yes, it's an extremely clean car besides the paint. 79,xxx miles where it sits
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to one of the best car forums available. I can't wait to see some pictures.

------------------

Marcopolo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarcopoloClick Here to visit Marcopolo's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarcopoloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1MohrFiero:

Welcome to one of the best car forums available. I can't wait to see some pictures.

I started a thread, 3400 Build Continued. Ill be updating it pretty often

------------------
Marco

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock