Shipman 2016 by ltlgt88
Started on: 03-02-2016 12:42 AM
Replies: 18 (610 views)
Last post by: E.Furgal on 04-20-2016 08:46 AM
ltlgt88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2016 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for info on 2016 Shipman Show... Who has been and what to expect.

I plan on camping, what should I bring and what shouldn't I bring.

What are the exact dates? Aren't on website yet.

Been taking to a couple of people in my club (NIFE) that have been and what some others imput.

------------------
LETS GO DRIVING!!!
[

Power Tour Long Haul 2009, 10 (muscle car)
Power Tour Long Haul 2011, 12 (Fiero)
Power Tour 3 stops 2013(Fiero)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2016 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Tyler Shipman Memorial car show has a website www.tylerstoy.com You will have alot of info on the site. Many of us have been there you will enjoy the experience and the hospitality of te Shipman family.... Usually a thread here hS planned caravans to Camp Shipman .... I will return for the 3rd time in 2019 for the tenth Annual
regards
Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2016 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 7th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show will be on Saturday, July 30, 2016. The festivities start a few days before. Historically there have been caravans organized on both the Thursday and Friday before the show. Those form up at a TBD convenient location northwest of Minneapolis, MN.....with access to Minnesota Route 10. Two convoys???? Unfortunately not everyone can get off work or take vacation or some other silly "obligation". Beginning Thursday evening there have been cruises through the country side, mass dinners at local restaurants, massive buffets in and around the Shipman garage and lots of making new friends and catching up with others. It's a very relaxed weekend; more about the people, the Fiero community and not so much about the cars. Tyler and the Fiero form the common thread we all share. It's a lot of fun. This year will be my 3rd trip to Frazee and yes I have driven and will drive my Fiero each time. I would go each year, but I don't want to spoil myself.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes
Frazee: 2011, 2014

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2016 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its a great time! Their yard is rural to camp in. Mostly hanging out and visiting. Campfires. A small town is a few miles away and a larger one maybe 10 miles more so you can buy anything you need. We bring a tent, folding chairs, bedding, snacks and drinks etc. They rent a porta potty. There is a very nice outdoor shower there with hot water. Of course bring the car show stuff. Stay for the Parade Sunday morning. Sometimes we go out to eat, some dinners are cookouts at the Shipman place. Bring cash for donating to the cookout and for raffle tickets and stuff. The short section of gravel road they live on gets the cars dusty to clean off at/ before the show if its dry out. There is an automatic car wash a block from the show though if you are fine taking yours thru it. Watch the forecast and bring clothes for hot and cold. The old threads can be helpful. Glad you can make it!

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/088061.html

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/091379.html

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/093327.html

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-02-2016).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2016 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

I plan on camping,

Pics, (sorry may be kinda big)

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-02-2016).]

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the imput, I will probably being a 3 person tent for myself to have room, some type of bed pad, sleeping bag, blanket and pillow, camp chair(s) a cooler with lots of beverages (adult and regular) some snack foods, pb&j with a loan of bread, cloths and toiletries.

Flashlights? Or is there enough light around camp to move around at night?

Should I bring a 8x8 pop up canopy for shade at show or camp?

I will have my trailer with me so will also have my tool box and a couple of spare parts, and cleaning supplies, typical things I take on Power Tour with me.

Do people being board/card games to play around camp?

Probably will just have my phone and can charge that in the car so no need for power. Is there Verizon signal at camp?

I will be a late night person, I work overnights, will I be able to get sleep during the day? Or is camp very active mid day of I need to catch an hour or two?

Since I do work overnights will probably be not hooking up with a convoy, do to sleep schedule adjustments, and driving times.

I am excited to make this trip this year. I got a new job in December that allows me a better chance to do this. Still waiting for the time of request to be returned but don't think it will be a problem. Don't know if I will do the parade or just head home Sunday morning to get back to work sooner and save days for other shows.

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I usually bring a flashlight, but the yard is plenty light enough to get around at night. The way the show is laid out on the downtown street, not much place for a canopy. It could come in handy at Camp Shipman if we get rain (create a foyer for your tent ). Cards Against Humanity has been played in past. Each year has been a little different, but the common theme has been great fun with great friends.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can say that I have never seen anyone get "bored" while at the Shipman's There seems to always be something to do somehow. In the past there have been BBQ's, "Death" frisbee, ATV's, Plasti Dipping an entire car at camp, fireworks, snipe hunting, replacing a head gasket, trips into town to get alignments, thrift store shopping, runs to the liquor store , telling jokes and stories around the camp fire, watching movies on a projector screen ( I am BEGGING for the movie this year to be "Airplane!").

The yard is BIG, and if you put your tent towards the back, you should not be bothered at all to get a few hours sleep during the day. I would bring some earplugs, NOT because it is loud or anything, but there will be some kids playing, and cars starting now and then.... typical daytime activity.

Most people bring an inflatable mattress to sleep on. They are inexpensive, and when you put the sleeping bag on it, its almost as good as a regular bed. A LED light is a good idea, as there is a streetlight in the back yard, but when you get away from that, or in your tent, a small light comes in handy.

I think that Verizon is the main provider in the area if I remember correctly... There is also a WiFi router you can connect to as well.

As for being up late, you will fit right in. There is usually a group that hangs out by the camp fire till wee early morning hours just talking and relaxing.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-05-2016).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, I'm planning on making it this year, but unless I get a trailer I can't bring a Fiero.

:/

Brad
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2016 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

OK, I'm planning on making it this year, but unless I get a trailer I can't bring a Fiero.

Brad

Trailer to tow behind Fiero or trailer to tow Fiero on/in?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2016 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

Flashlights? -I bring them

Should I bring a 8x8 pop up canopy for shade at show or camp? -Yep bring it, as said mainly for camping.

Do people being board/card games to play around camp? - Yep they do, some play in the garage at night.

Is there Verizon signal at camp? - I get a good signal with my Verizon service.

I will be a late night person, I work overnights, will I be able to get sleep during the day? Or is camp very active mid day if I need to catch an hour or two? - hmm, just bring good ear plugs, put your tent up on the outskirts of the yard.

My opinions of course, but I've been to every one so far.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-28-2016).]

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2016 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by Fats:

Brad

l'd come anyway, we've had Fieroheads come on motorcycle, rental car, and other random cars. Twice a group came in their VW bug and even camped.
Heck I've had a Fiero every year one of these years I might drive my 72 Buick instead of my Fiero. The show itself is open to all vehicles.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-28-2016).]

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2016 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
love this

There is some info on the web site regarding dates and activities. more to come as the spring gets in full swing. anyone is welcome at our house and you dont have to bring a fiero to have a great time Welcome!

------------------

http://www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com/]Tylers Annual Car Show

http://www.tylerstoy.com]Tylers Toy

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2016 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
122 days and counting... I will be there.

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 03-28-2016).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2016 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2016 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We'll be there with "His" and "Hers" Fieros this year.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2016 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

l'd come anyway, we've had Fieroheads come on motorcycle, rental car, and other random cars. Twice a group came in their VW bug and even camped.
Heck I've had a Fiero every year one of these years I might drive my 72 Buick instead of my Fiero. The show itself is open to all vehicles.

Heh, I bought a conversion van today with just this show in mind. I plan on using it for a lot of other things, but camping is going to be the #1 use for it.

It needs redone a bit, but it'll serve its purpose.

The Fiero doesn't run, so it's not coming. Having any of them running by then is a pipe dream.

Brad
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2016 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love to go, but it's not in the cards this year.. it's our 10 wedding anv. and the trip to Hawaii, and making wife happy trumped my car event wants..
sucked having to come back to snow..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 04-20-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock