Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fieros at Carlisle 2016 Registration Now Open (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fieros at Carlisle 2016 Registration Now Open by MAFOA Events
Started on: 02-24-2016 08:42 AM
Replies: 91 (2079 views)
Last post by: Fierochic88 on 06-26-2016 09:58 PM
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnt671:

Spoon, so sorry to hear this.

Mariann and John

Thanks for your concern.

Spoon
IP: Logged
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An outstanding show, absolutely great! Nice people from all over the Eastern USA and Canada, some terrific Fiero's and loads of fun. They were all there, engine swaps,modified cars, rebodies, new condition stock Fieros, restored cars and even a work in progress car. I believe the final attendance count at Carlisle was 51 Fieros. Raffles auctions of very good items and trophies were awarded generously. Many different Fiero clubs were in attendance. and we should know shortly if MAFOA will take the GM Nationals attendance award. Hopefully someone will post pictures of the event for all to see.

The only sad news was from Charlie Witherspoon who reported that he lost his dear wife 2 months ago. Charlie is a kind, decent man and has a beautiful notch back Fiero that has been shown at numerous MAFOA events. .Our hearts go out to him and with our sincerest condolences. Charlie was with us at the show and we hoped that this helped him with the healing process.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spoon:

I plan on going but did not preregister due to family issues. Wifey passed the way almost 2 months ago due to a fatal stroke and her sister we buried today due to cancer.
That's less than 7 weeks apart so we're still picking up the pieces.

Looks like the weather forecast is good. I preregistered last year but didn't go due to bad weather. See everybody tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Spoon

Spoon, sorry I didn't get a chance to offer condolences in person today. So glad you were there with us! Your car looks great as always.

Jen

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2016 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(σ゚∀゚)σ

Just made it home, and with only one issue! Hit construction traffic and found out that the rad fan motor took a dump...

All is well, punched it a few times and it came back to life and got me home.

MAFOA, you ROCK!!! Great job organizing the event, it was a BLAST!!! Next year I will be at dinner for sure though, I'm very sad I didn't go; the show literally emptied out right after the club left... My fault though, should have stayed more than one day/ walked the whole show before literally everyone left. I met a lot of cool people today, hopefully we can all keep in touch! (◑‿◐)

The donations!

Prepare for a photo dump of every car there at 2:00ish this afternoon...

The show was absolutely a blast. If you didn't get to go this year, go next year. It's a great atmosphere, you can tell Carlisle is a CAR TOWN.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[This message has been edited by Shho13 (edited 06-19-2016).]

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2016 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice photos thank you for posting them.

Tom

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2003 BMW 330I
2009 Dodge Charger

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover

jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2016 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We all had a great time yesterday too. My oldest keeps talking about all the "race cars" and keeps asking why we didn't bring our cars haha! I'm so stoked I received the cup holder at the raffle I can't wait to add that in! The only crappy part is I was so overwhelmed I forgot to properly introduce ourselves to literally anybody. I guess its because I'm used to being the only fiero guy around. On the bright side I finally joined MAFOA and put a few faces to the screen names lol.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2016 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just pulled into home after a leisurely drive back from Carlisle thru 'apple country". I can't thank the MAFOA board enough for putting on this event. The weather was perfect and the turnout was great. I'll resize and post a bunch of photos later.

Steve

[This message has been edited by steve308 (edited 06-20-2016).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2016 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the results are in! MAFOA captured first in Club Attendance! Thanks to everyone for supporting the show to make this possible!

Class results are below. Congrats to everyone for bringing their great cars!

Factory Stock
1 ­ Jeffrey DeDay, Medium Red Metallic 1988 GT
2 ­ Robb Leppo, 1984 Indy
3 ­ Bruce Homeyard, Silver 1985 GT

Stock Notchback
1 ­ Kevin Berkeimer, White 1985 Coupe
2 ­ Tom St. John, Silver 1986 SE
3 ­ Pete Bransky, Red 1984 SE

Stock Fastback
1 ­ Adam Ameel, White 1988 GT*
2 ­ Tom Derr, White 1988 GT
3 ­ Andrew Stupka, Black 1987 GT*

Custom Notchback
1 ­ Jennifer Goss, Blue 1985 GT*
2 ­ Dennis Earvase, Orange 1986 SE
3 ­ Ron Ferris, Deep Purple 1985 GT*

Custom Fastback
1 ­ Tom Harding, Dark Blue 1986 GT
2 ­ Brad Wilbur, Synergy Green 1987 GT*
3 ­ Gerry Tarnofsky, Red 188 GT

Modifed Notchback
1 ­ Corey Leppo, Red 1985 GT
2 ­ Randy Jenkins, Yellow 1985 SE

Modified Fastback
1 ­ FieroJon Miller, Gold 1986 GT
2 ­ Adam Ffolliett­Powell, Dark Green 1987 GT
3 ­ Thomas Kershner, Orange 1987 GT

Daily Driver
1 ­ Nate Williams, Yellow 1988 Fiero GT
2 ­ John Romaine, White 1984 Coupe
3 ­ Lamar Lutz, Silver 1988 GT

* Celebrity Pick

Stay tuned for Special Awards results!
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2016 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On a showfield with 51 beautiful Fieros, there were many cars that could have won these special awards but the winners of these categories for 2016 are as follows:

Best Interior: Jennifer Goss, 1985 Cobalt Blue GT
Best Engine Bay: Jennifer Goss, 1985 Cobalt Blue GT
Best Stock Paint: Kevin Berkeimer, 1985 White Coupe
Best Non-Stock Paint: Jon Miller, 1986 FieroJon Gold GT
Best Wheels: Tom Harding, 1986 Dark Blue GT
Best Engineered: Joe Burke, 1988 Dark Green IMSA GT
Best Work-In-Progress: Pat Jones, 1988 Red GT
Best Custom Body: Jennifer Goss, 1985 Cobalt Blue GT
Best Modified Body: Corey Leppo, 1985 Red GT
Highest Mileage Award: John Romaine, 1984 White Coupe with 233k
Best Sound System: Corey Leppo, Red 1985 GT
Hard Luck Award: Dennis Marshall, 1986 Orange SE
Long Distance Award: Jonathan Braun, Red 1988 GT, 700km
Best Club Participation: East Coast Fiero
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2016 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanna see everyone else's pictures! :P

Post 'em up guys!!!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

FTF Engineering

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2016 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was great to see everyone again, and it was a fantastic show! Great weather, great show, and a great turnout!

Shho13, Thanks for those excellent pics!! I didn't take pics of any individual car. I'm glad you did! Here's a couple of my pics.

Way too many cars to get all of them in the same shot. Taken from one end of the show field:

Taken from the other end:

Deck lids as far as the eye can see!!

Check out the crowd at the MAFOA tent when the raffles, prizes, and awards were being announced:

We had about 20 people go out for a bite to eat after leaving the show. Table was so long that I took pics from each end. A real photogenic bunch, huh? Best part about being behind the camera is that I'm not in front of it. Nobody wants that...

I love the deer in the headlights look:

PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2016 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting these great pics Bruce! ;-) I think after a week and a whirlwind trip to Iowa, I'm finally recovered.

~ Jen
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock