wheel wells 1988 only? by vette7584
Started on: 02-09-2016 08:42 PM
Replies: 10 (262 views)
Last post by: Fiero Vampire on 02-10-2016 11:52 AM
vette7584

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vette7584Send a Private Message to vette7584Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are front wheel wells all interchangeable between all gt and aero nose fiero's? or are 1988 gt front wheel wells a one year only? thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can't swear to it, but I thought the '88 wheel well liners (both coupe and aero) were different than the earlier years due to the suspension changes.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I can't swear to it, but I thought the '88 wheel well liners (both coupe and aero) were different than the earlier years due to the suspension changes.

huuummm you are putting a doubt in my knowledge ... you maybe right ... anyone else can chime in ???
vette7584

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vette7584Send a Private Message to vette7584Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i only ask, because i am painting my 88 gt, it was hit in the front end and the po lost the wheel wells. i have some nice ones from an 86 gt, but.... they do not line up. only the top plastic rivet holes line up and area around the sway bar is incorrect as well. with that being said, does anyone have some they would like to sell?
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1988 has its own part number for right and left.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2016 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 88's are different but only slightly. The earlier gt ones have a mounting tab that isn't there on the 88 gt. I have a pair of 87gt liners installed on my 88, I just trimmed off the tab. The liners are different between the aero nose and the Formula nose. There is an extra filler piece stapled on for the GT that is not there for the others.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2016 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

The 88's are different but only slightly. The earlier gt ones have a mounting tab that isn't there on the 88 gt. I have a pair of 87gt liners installed on my 88, I just trimmed off the tab. The liners are different between the aero nose and the Formula nose. There is an extra filler piece stapled on for the GT that is not there for the others.

Coupe wheel wells are different also. But you can trim them to fit if swapping 87-88 (non-aero) to 84-86 (non-aero). FYI
Chelo Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2016 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chelo FieroClick Here to visit Chelo Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chelo FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 88 GT. Are a bit different than earlier years, they flear out on the bottom to compensate for the offset changes on front suspension.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2016 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

The 88's are different but only slightly. The earlier gt ones have a mounting tab that isn't there on the 88 gt. I have a pair of 87gt liners installed on my 88, I just trimmed off the tab.

This is correct. I installed an older liner in my '88 GT. A little trimming was necessary in a couple spots but it was no big deal. It was tight around the swaybar if I remember right.

Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2016 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is also true for the coupes, I recently had to find a new front wheel well for my Formula. Luckily I'm near the Fiero Club so I was able to compare different liners, the 87 will work however you have to do some trimming to clear the suspension, but I eventually found the correct one.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock