Shipping a fiero by 03Showbike
Started on: 11-24-2015 03:03 PM
Replies: 18 (334 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 11-25-2015 07:43 PM
03Showbike

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 03ShowbikeSend a Private Message to 03ShowbikeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in need of finding a shipper to ship a fiero. Good price, safe, reliable, honest, etc... You get the picture. Any advice or information would be greatful. Thanks much!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are your Start and End locations?? People would want to know.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

03Showbike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 03ShowbikeSend a Private Message to 03ShowbikeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be from about 30 miles outside of Chicago going to St. George, Utah.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blackrams hauls cars. You might PM him. Hes in Ky, but he travels all over.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wat is Danyl who posted about a good shipper?
robert1234

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had 1 Fiero shipped. If you hire a company to do it watch out for the old "We had to get another carrier for your car" but it will get there. When they get to you, they say "It will be more since we did not schedule you"
That's what happened to me. So I said "How about you keep it on your truck and I'll just report it stolen or just call my attorney tomorrow also because I have a quote in my truck".
I got the car, but they were very rude to me....good thing I had other guys with me. LOL
Hate those guys.
03Showbike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 03ShowbikeSend a Private Message to 03ShowbikeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have a number for blackram so I can call him and get a quote. Thanks!
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by robert1234:

I've had 1 Fiero shipped. If you hire a company to do it watch out for the old "We had to get another carrier for your car" but it will get there. When they get to you, they say "It will be more since we did not schedule you"
That's what happened to me. So I said "How about you keep it on your truck and I'll just report it stolen or just call my attorney tomorrow also because I have a quote in my truck".
I got the car, but they were very rude to me....good thing I had other guys with me. LOL
Hate those guys.

I've had cars shipped from as far away as Arizona without problems. We used to deal directly with the owner/operator of an auto carrier and what he quoted was what we paid. IMO, the key is to deal with an auto carrier owner, not some shipping agency that bids the jobs out. We got the cars shipped very cheaply as the driver would take orders and wait to go cross country when all spots on the auto carrier were filled. The price was right.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-24-2015 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just rent U-Haul & do it yourself! Nothing like handing it yourself would give you a peace of mind! My three cents!

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 11-24-2015).]

03Showbike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 03ShowbikeSend a Private Message to 03ShowbikeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is 30 miles outside of Chicago. It needs to get delivered to its new owner (me) in southern Utah.
Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-24-2015 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand. I've purchased a Fiero this past summer and delivered it myself using U-Haul, with over 450 miles across three states. I don't trust movers since they could damage your vehicle & sometime cost more. That's why I'm saying, you'd be better off doing it yourself.

PFF
System Bot
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Vice:

Just rent U-Haul & do it yourself! Nothing like handing it yourself would give you a peace of mind! My three cents!

I think your 3 cents was barely worth 1 and a half....
Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-24-2015 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
However, if you still want a mover to do it for you, I noticed from one thread where a guy had his Fiero modified into Miura from V8 Archie's shop to Texas using this company called Intercity Lines at 800-221-3936. Try them & see if they would give you a reasonable price.

Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-24-2015 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Vice

732 posts
Member since Jun 2015

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

I think your 3 cents was barely worth 1 and a half....

Well, whatever it's worth!

Not everyone has access to a truck & trailer. Whenever possible, I prefer to handle things myself. That way, I know it's safe under my control. I've heard people complaining about damages done to their vehicles by professional movers let alone finding parts to fix it.

If I remember correct, you took a risk driving your Formula that you purchased for $2K home with 3 hours drive. Lucky, you made it safe!

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 11-25-2015).]

litespd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 03Showbike:

Does anyone have a number for blackram so I can call him and get a quote. Thanks!

It's Blackrams, and you can send him a PM here on the forum...he's pretty good about getting back to you promptly.

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to say "Why the hell did you buy a car from the rust belt and have it shipped to a rust free zone when there are plenty out here?" Mistake #1 you will see. I have seen it before, and we had to replace the whole bottom of the car.
BTW when you need parts contact us we are close and have most of what you may need. (See sig)

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined '87 Duke (Sold)
'87 Quad 4 H.O.
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!! Boosted!!!!!!!
^^^^ Now in the Construction Zone^^^^
Las Vegas Fiero Club Parts/Sales/Service/Club
Fiero Road Club Of Northern Nevada

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

I have to say "Why the hell did you buy a car from the rust belt and have it shipped to a rust free zone when there are plenty out here?" Mistake #1 you will see. I have seen it before, and we had to replace the whole bottom of the car.
BTW when you need parts contact us we are close and have most of what you may need. (See sig)

There are some beautiful garage queens in the rust belt!. ...very rare but they do exist. Plus...there are cars like mine that started out life in the south and moved to the rust belt...only to be driven on dry summer days.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have moved all of my Fieros here myself. Have relied on auto transport of brand X cars. Transporting your Fiero yourself requires at the very minimum a half ton pick up and a class three hitch and a magnetic light rack. I've trailered Fieros for as long as four hours with a U-Haul auto trailer but not everyone is set up to do this. If you look in Hemmings auto news there are many auto shippers to be found there but be aware that some of them use drivers to get your car to you .

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 11-25-2015).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quad GT would be a possible choice ... contact him via PM

Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave