GT Tail Lights Continued by Slammed
Started on: 11-14-2015 01:46 AM
Replies: 372 (17105 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 04-15-2016 05:40 PM
2tone86gt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2015 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2tone86gtSend a Private Message to 2tone86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see your hard work is paying off! Also glad to see you haven't given up on the fiero community due to ignorant comments on the first thread you started.. Thank you for putting up with all the crap and hope to be able to get a set as well when they are done. The community had nowhere to go and now we may have an option again.
IP: Logged
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2015 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slammed:

I am a little confused why no vendor has an accurately shaped window.

I have ALWAYS wondered this myself! Chris and Ken were SO close, the shape, dot matrix, rolled edge ect. However, they were pretty much flat. I NEVER understood that. It would just be a matter of shaping whatever they use as a mold to the correct shape, and I would think that would be it.

Something else to consider, when you make them, try to get the "GT" logo in the correct place. On both sets of windows from Chris, the logo was about an inch too low, and 2 inches to far to the back compared to the OEM's. I noticed this when I lined up one of his windows over the top of an OEM window to compare how much shorter Chris's windows was compared to an OEM one.

qwikgta

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
and a Non-GT logo option too. Some of us have a custom ride and the "GT" stuff has been removed. Same price is cool with me.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where the hell did all the nay-sayers go?? Well stay there. Great to see this. Keep it going.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-24-2015 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Where the hell did all the nay-sayers go?? ...

Personally, being a nay-sayer, I have been watching this thread. I have apologized, gone so far as to re post a picture of the lens in question as proof that I was/am wrong, and moved on. We need this.

Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish I could be more consistent but this comes second to all the motor work we have. I'm really trying to get something more final to post.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Slammed

783 posts
Member since Mar 2015
Please don't take this as once we have them ready, we will be slow. Getting the tooling perfect has been time consuming, but from sheet to completed tail light takes only about 10 minutes.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
10 minutes!? Too bad I'm not closer. Even my attention span could last for 10 minutes.
B3mith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for B3mithSend a Private Message to B3mithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having a busted passenger side tail lense, I cant wait to see the product!!!
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2015 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any new picures of the progress Slammed?

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2015 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for update? Anything?
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2015 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Where the hell did all the nay-sayers go?? Well stay there. Great to see this. Keep it going.

We don't want to go down that road again but given the long amount of time that this project has been going and with the little information that was being provided; when I harshly criticized Micayla, I thought that she was a troll. I have since sent her a PM apologizing for my harsh comments. That apology and a formal retraction will be public when product starts being delivered. Meanwhile I wish her all the best with this project.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 12-06-2015).]

timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2015 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So.....I guess this effort is dead? Please say no!
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2015 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This project was supposed to be at the point she showed in the pictures back in July. Just because she posted some pictures doesn't suddenly mean this project is on the fast track. Be patient.
2tone86gt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2015 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2tone86gtSend a Private Message to 2tone86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[B]Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite: Be patient.

I'm with you on that. Let's be patient people. Good things come to those who wait.
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I say about time someone has made another attempt on the lenses Mine are together, just delaminating/stress cracked from the AZ heat.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2015 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Early in on my day off to get these tinted! Pics are coming

I'll talk about the delay later. Not a big deal it's all worked out
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2015 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update, look forward to seeing pics. Just in time for xmas!
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2015 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a set of cleaned and repainted housings with fresh metal tabs just WAITING patiently for a set of your lenses.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2015 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How did the tinting go this weekend?
Yannsky

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2015 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YannskySend a Private Message to YannskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No news for x-mas or picture as a special gift 🎁
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2015 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Yannsky:

No news for x-mas or picture as a special gift 🎁

Christmas is coming and the holiday sometimes detracts from business issues. I believe that Slammed is sincere with this project but it may not be a top priority. The demand is there; given a bit more time we should see the supply. Meanwhile, Merry Christmas to Micayla and her family.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2016 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New year goal? Have these ready by 2017? I an excited this might be a possibility to buy
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2016 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

New year goal? Have these ready by 2017? I an excited this might be a possibility to buy

I LOLed....
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2016 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is being put on hold. I essentially did everything on this project. Building and designing the molds, the stencils, ordering all the product and so much more. I'd say 75% of the work was done at my home shop, on my equipment and the deal has gone very sour for me. There is a very good chance I will be completely taking over this project and the quarter windows
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2016 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope all works out well. It is never good to have "partners" that contribute nothing to a project, but want a piece of the pie.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Then you will be the filthy stinking rich one. There are a bunch of people here, me included, waiting (some not so patiently) to shower you with money.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't imagine selling more than a couple hundred of these. Really, we are at the point where I'm either buying the molds and quitting to build these and the quarter windows, or they will be sold. I'm not allowed to touch them, take pictures of them, nothing. It's become a huge mess.
ILVMYGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ILVMYGTSend a Private Message to ILVMYGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear you are having problems. The Fiero Community appreciates your effort in getting this done.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's the price for the molds? If you don't want to or can't afford to buy them outright, perhaps the Fiero Store could help, or we could set up a Go Fund Me for it. You've come too far to just walk away, as frustrating as it may seem.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm not allowed to touch them, take pictures of them, nothing. It's become a huge mess.

I dont get it.
PFF
System Bot
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite: perhaps the Fiero Store could help,

Or Rodney or...?

Someone's shorts are in a knot about something...

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It sounds like someone has come to the conclusion that the risk is not worth the reward. If the market is only 200 pair then by the target price thats $100K in business. But steady orders over a number of years may bring more business than that. If this thread ends out offering nothing then we hopefully will see someone making the C4 Corvette style fiberglass headlight panels again. While not stock looking they look excellent and can be produced with low cost ceramic or wood tooling. The bigger question is this; if Slammed is not allowed to touch the tooling or post pictures then who is behind the effort?

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can't imagine selling more than a couple hundred of these. .

So what prompted this sudden thought?

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is being put on hold. I essentially did everything on this project. Building and designing the molds, the stencils, ordering all the product and so much more. I'd say 75% of the work was done at my home shop, on my equipment and the deal has gone very sour for me. There is a very good chance I will be completely taking over this project and the quarter windows

I can't imagine selling more than a couple hundred of these. Really, we are at the point where I'm either buying the molds and quitting to build these and the quarter windows, or they will be sold. I'm not allowed to touch them, take pictures of them, nothing. It's become a huge mess.

Which is it (in bold)?

This must be at least the second time someone has gotten this far, then decided to stop for one reason or another.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will have to buy the molds and cover my time at work that was put in building them. Until that happens, I am not involved. I was promised half. That is not what they are trying to now give me
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will have to buy the molds and cover my time at work that was put in building them. Until that happens, I am not involved. I was promised half. That is not what they are trying to now give me

What's the number (ballpark)? There may be solutions. It would be a shame to lose ANOTHER set of molds for these lights!

I don't even care about the black part..... get me the clear lens, I think can do the rest (or at least I have an idea how to get it done).

[This message has been edited by Napoleon_Tanerite (edited 01-05-2016).]

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about the pics that were mentioned to be posted some time ago??

Delays, excuses, and now showing of giving up. I have my own future opinion about this...

The only known experienced vendor of producing fiero parts are The Fiero Store and Rodney.

I hope these will be made one day.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

How about the pics that were mentioned to be posted some time ago??

Delays, excuses, and now showing of giving up. I have my own future opinion about this...

The only known experienced vendor of producing fiero parts are The Fiero Store and Rodney.

I hope these will be made one day.

For the love of all that's holy and unholy PLEASE don't take this thread down the road of the previous thread. If you want to **** on her and imply she's some sort of liar, charlatan, troll, etc take it to the old thread.

https://www.google.com/url?...Z7K2agNFUCaNg7WL2jHr TQ&bvm=bv.110151844,d.eWE
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock