Hot Rod Power Tour 2015 by mrfred8
Started on: 12-10-2014 05:18 PM
Replies: 96 (2909 views)
Last post by: Cajun on 06-15-2015 05:29 PM
ltlgt88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes.. Make sure you stay in Gulfport /Biloxi area and cruise with the group to Baton Rouge. The drive experience is the best part right along with parking lot time too
IP: Logged
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2015 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone have their hotel reservations made?
chrissin712

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2015 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Everyone have their hotel reservations made?

nope. I might end up sleeping in a tent next to my car...haha.
Trying to buy a house so everything is on hold right now.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2015 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hotels are booked
Trailer hitch is on
Seats are at upholsters'
Bumper being repainted

Still going to repaint Taillights
And do all engine and trans mounts

Need to get trailer still too and cargo box to go on trailer.

Otherwise Besides all that all ready to go. Lol
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your going to be in the area for power tour on Friday night June 5th, a bunch of us from another forum are getting together at a VFW fish fry to help support our vets

Please see further info at
http://www.bangshift.com/fo...6-vfw-fish-fry-visit
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

If your going to be in the area for power tour on Friday night June 5th, a bunch of us from another forum are getting together at a VFW fish fry to help support our vets

Please see further info at
http://www.bangshift.com/fo...6-vfw-fish-fry-visit

Count me in Scott. Thanks for setting this up. Great way to check out some cool cars and support some Veterans.

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got cargo box for trailer today...picking up trailer in the next week

MFRED looks like i will have room for those extra gas cans....and i will need a club canopy and banner, they should fit!
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Although I won't be driving a Fiero on this Power Tour, should I bring along my box of spare Fiero parts, like modules, coil, wires, distributor, rotor etc.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2015 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many of you might have seen stuff on TV about House on the Rock and house different and extravagant it is on the inside, and just amazed at how it was built. But i don't know if you realize how close it is to Madison, and it is a must see when you are close. Madison is only 1hr from the house. Therese and I plan on going to see it on Saturday morning before coming to the cruise night. The Doors open at 9:00 am and that is when we plan on being there, and then we plan on coming to the cruise night.

If anyone else would love to join us on Saturday morning we could cruise up there together, and if there is enough of us maybe even get a group rate.

Let me know if you are interested.

If you don't know what house on the rock it, here is a brief description, but you can find more online just by goggling it and there is information everywhere.
Its main website is http://www.thehouseontheroc...R_AttractionMain.htm

"The House on the Rock began in 1945 when a man named Alex Jordan had a towering goal: to build a retreat as awe-inspiring as the view from the rock upon which the House would eventually be built. What took shape on and around Deer Shelter Rock is a truly remarkable achievement. The House was only the beginning. In the years that followed, Alex expanded his vision beyond the House and collected and built on a massive scale. In the end he had created the world-renowned attraction known as The House on the Rock."
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like Heidts automotive is lunch for sunday.. same place as last year. I am proabably going to skip it, went last year, might swing at home to change bags out, i live close.

http://www.heidts.com/2014-...-tour-visits-heidts/
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2015 03:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dug myself a deeper whole...was trying to change some sensors and stuff out and found a fuel leak, coming from the cold start injector or tube. Going to delete it, drive the car in summer only, and parts aren't available, can reverse if i need to at a later time. But in the mean time the cold injector bolt is completely stripped. Going to try to do the chisel method tomorrow to try to get it out.

Also while in there changing the distributor o ring, where i might have a oil leak, and doing all the fuel injectors. Lets hope i don't screw anything up, first time i have dove into an engine this big, wish me luck

Also lost a set of bolts and screws for the bumper plus a reflector at some point when it was off for repaint. so need to get all that re bought, before i can put it back on the car.

OH and the trailer when i opened it to assemble it was all scratched so have to return it and start all over there again.

hope to have the car on the road in 3 weeks

Wish me luck!
PFF
System Bot
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone is interested in doing the tour that can't afford it or doesn't have a vehicle. I will have a passanger seat open leaving Chicago early Monday June 8th and at least going to Memphis if not further. I would love the company and to show your what the tour is all about. Alsi will help both of us financially.

We would split gas and hotels, you would be on your own for personal expenses.

I would also be willing to pick u up in St Louis area on the 8th or Memphis area on the 9th if you want to go further than Memphis. I could drop you off on the way home too Chicago sense I would be going by those 2 cities anyway.

Let me know

------------------
LETS GO DRIVING!!!
[

Power Tour Long Haul 2009, 10 (muscle car)
Power Tour Long Haul 2011, 12 (Fiero)
Power Tour 3 stops 2013(Fiero)

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 04-20-2015).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2015 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So who is still in and what stops is everyone doing?

I will be doing Madison thru Memphis along with another Fiero guy who is not on PFF.

We plan to get to Madison on Friday as there are a couple of cool events taking place. Ring Brothers is having an open house and there is a Fish Fry planned at a local VFW to benefit the local VA hospital.

Ring Brothers info - https://ringbrothers.com/ri...5_show_schedule.html and http://www.bangshift.com/fo...016875-ring-brothers

VFW Fish Fry info - http://www.bangshift.com/fo...d-of-va-visit-june-5
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
will be at fish fry, madison and champaign with the fiero. after that depending on how much test running i get in before that, i will contiue with it at least to memphis if not further.

If i don't feel comfortable with the car after champaign i am going to jump in the wrangler with the top down as much as i can!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For everyone getting to Madison on Friday. A chance to ride in the 900HP Winnebago.

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of from Texas plan on joining in Memphis and finish the remainder of the tour. We also plan on spending Sat/Sun playing in the Big Easy.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have hotel yet for Memphis? We have 3 or 4 Fieros going at least Madison to Memphis and heard some St Louis folks may do a few stops, so could be some more.

See ya on Beale Street.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you have hotel yet for Memphis? We have 3 or 4 Fieros going at least Madison to Memphis and heard some St Louis folks may do a few stops, so could be some more.

See ya on Beale Street.

Fred... We have exactly squat...

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scott myself and some other Power Tour friends are at the Econolodge downtown. Don't know if they still have rooms or decent rates left. It is walking distance to Beale and also has a shuttle.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 05-08-2015).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the tip. I will call this week.
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope to see you guys at the Power Tour, will be joining at Gulfport.
PFF
System Bot
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2015 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am rooming with a friend so I have an extra room in Memphis I can change the name to and you can charge it to your card or however you want to pay for it when you get there. 2 double beds if not 2 Queens.

I might also have rooms to give up on Birmingham Gulfport and Baton Rouge, will know more by the end of the week.

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 05-13-2015).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2015 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if you did not pre-register, here is some info they sent out recently. (remember you can register at any stop)

Drivers’ Meeting: NEW FOR 2015!! We will be addressing the crowd from the Main Stage at 6:45 p.m. on Saturday evening, June 6. Please join us as we hold the ONLY drivers’ meeting of the 2015 Power Tour. The meeting is not mandatory, but we highly recommend you attend.

Event Hours (Cruise Nights): Saturday, June 6, Kickoff: 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
Sunday thru Thursday: 12:00 noon to 7:00 pm
Friday, June 12, Grand Finale: 12:00 noon to 8:00 pm
No participants will be allowed into the Cruise Night area before the above noted start hour.

What goes on at the Cruise Nights?: Each cruise night you’ll see 1,000 to 3,000 local cars that have shown up to visit the Power Tour cars. There will be manufacturers set up showing off their latest parts and cars, autograph sessions with celebrities, giveaways at the main stage, and photo shoots with HOT ROD magazine and HOTROD.com. There will be an autocross on June 6 at Alliant Energy Center, drag racing fun runs on the June 8 stop at Gateway Motorsports Park and on June 9 at Memphis International Raceway. Past cruise night experiences have included bands, drive-in movies, or special prize giveaways. The beauty of Hot Rod Power Tour is that no two days are alike!

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2015 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
blake sent you a PM
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2015 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First post updated with some route information.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2015 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
car is ready with more cargo space and new seats.. should be more comfortable this year

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2015 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

If anyone is interested in doing the tour that can't afford it or doesn't have a vehicle. I will have a passanger seat open leaving Chicago early Monday June 8th and at least going to Memphis if not further. I would love the company and to show your what the tour is all about. Alsi will help both of us financially.

We would split gas and hotels, you would be on your own for personal expenses.

I would also be willing to pick u up in St Louis area on the 8th or Memphis area on the 9th if you want to go further than Memphis. I could drop you off on the way home too Chicago sense I would be going by those 2 cities anyway.

Let me know

wish you posted this a month or so ago..

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2015 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

wish you posted this a month or so ago..

April 20? :P

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2015 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am still open to the idea, rooming has just got more difficult, I am rooming with 3 friends at some stops now
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Larry looks like there is a possibility of me joining you in a daily driver. Had to take car to shop. Not running good at idle and low end has a hesitation. Hope nothing serious won't know more til Wed probably.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2015 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car is fixed... Ignition Coil... Now I am ready for some test runs... Dells run
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2015 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bit of a wet start to the day. Looking forward to a cool, dry trip tonight.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2015 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The seats look amazing. I think on the leg to Birmingham, my band is going to be stopping here which is on the way..
http://www.tupeloautomuseum.com/index.php#_=_

Sent PM
crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be hosting my CrateEngineDepot display at the Heidts Automotive lunch stop again this year (Sunday the 7th).
Stop by and say hi.

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No updates? Pics?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

No updates? Pics?

/\
what he said
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting the pics, mrfred! I think I recognize the red Fiero and the white Fiero from the Dells. Too bad it was wet on Sunday. It looks like is was mostly beautiful weather.

If your lady on Saturday has any more spillage, those pics won't be PG.

I'm guessing you didn't drive your widebody?

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 06-09-2015).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I'm guessing you didn't drive your widebody?

I was in the Silver Pontiac Solstice.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2015 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Home from the first 3 stops. Safe driving to everyone still out on the Tour.

Friday - https://www.facebook.com/me...&type=1&l=e20c6877d0

Sat - https://www.facebook.com/me...&type=1&l=3a57e9be97

Sun - https://www.facebook.com/me...&type=1&l=dea364d87a

Mon - https://www.facebook.com/me...&type=1&l=cbffbf9208

Love their show!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page