Hot Rod Power Tour 2015 by mrfred8
Started on: 12-10-2014 05:18 PM
Replies: 96 (2910 views)
Last post by: Cajun on 06-15-2015 05:29 PM
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Cities and Dates have been announced for the 2015 Power Tour:

June 6 – Alliant Energy Center, Madison, Wisconsin
June 7 – Parkland College, Champaign, Illinois
June 8 – Gateway Motorsports Park, Madison, Illinois (St. Louis)
June 9 – Memphis International Raceway, Memphis, Tennessee
June 10 – Hoover Metropolitan Stadium, Hoover / Birmingham, Alabama
June 11 - Gulfport, MS
June 12 – Lamar Dixon Expo Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
June 13 – Lamar Dixon Expo Center – LONG HAULERS ONLY*

The official tentative route has been posted - http://www.raceit.com/image...ctions%20EMAILED.pdf

for alternate suggestions to avoid congestion / construction keep an eye on http://www.bangshift.com/fo...015-power-tour-route

For those of you that don't get to Northern Illinois very often, the Pontiac Oakland Museum in Pontiac IL is not that far off the route.

Make your reservations now, I likely will be doing the 1st 4 stops. Watch for more info, it would be great if we could get Fieros together on the tour. We did a pretty good job and had a pretty good time last year ( https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/093583.html )

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 05-14-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They decided not to start at the Dells?
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

They decided not to start at the Dells?

They screwed up the Dells so badly no one wanted to go back. They had everyone (participants and spectators) going in one entrance to the Chula Vista.

New company doing the organizing this year.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 02-13-2015).]

ltlgt88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will be doing the first 4 stops at least too. Hopefully we'll find a passenger or roommates to be able to do more of not the whole thing.

------------------
LETS GO DRIVING!!!
[

Power Tour Long Haul 2009, 10 (muscle car)
Power Tour Long Haul 2011, 12 (Fiero)
Power Tour 3 stops 2013(Fiero)

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very tempting. I'll have to mark this on my calendar.
I could possibly make the TN - LA stops. Getting up to Wisconsin for the start would be a stretch.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I put everything into Google Maps today.

I used Biloxi Mississippi Coliseum as the venue, because Travelplanners has Biloxi as the TBA city. I noticed New Orleans was half way between Biloxi and Baton Rouge... Than got me thinking??? ( i know that can get dangerous)

Would it be worth it to go to the French Quarter the night we are in Biloxi? and meet up with the route the next day?

Anyone else think of this?

I am going to book a hotel somewhere near the French Quarter while i ponder this this a little more, and also figure out if I am going to Long Haul or not. Funds are going to be an issue, whole family is planning a trip to Disney this year, and family first!
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if I'd be up for about a two week road trip in one of the Fieros. Maybe in

a more comfortable driving experience.
MiloFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2014 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiloFieroSend a Private Message to MiloFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone has never done the Power Tour, I highly recommend it. I've been doing the long hauls since '03 and love every single one of them. Other tend to be better and more memorable but thats all in what you make it. I've never do it in my Fiero and scared to but a great experience. Just realize that its 3000+ cars making the same left turn, getting off the same exit, and pulling into the same venue. BUT its also the same people who are out at the hotels partying and having a good time and making you realize why you got addicted to cars in the first place.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2014 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why never in a fiero? Have done long hauls and partials in mine.

But everything else you have said is true, and awesome to see and be part of.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2014 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've done four long hauls 2005, 2009, 2010, 2011 and a partial 2007 in my Fieros. The two Fieros I have taken on them have well over 100K and I'm not as young as I used to be. It is getting harder and harder getting in and out of the Fieros. I did drive my 87 GT up to Warwick, RI in September , then to Maine and back to Florida, 3300 miles + in a week and a half.
PFF
System Bot
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2014 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Biloxi was taken off the hotel list of stops. Hopefully we'll know the TBA so soon.
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2014 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may finally get to make a few stops on the Power Tour this time. I am going to keep an eye on this and re think my plans.

------------------

chrissin712

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2014 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

Biloxi was taken off the hotel list of stops. Hopefully we'll know the TBA so soon.

Any chance it is NOLA? t
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2014 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrissin712:

Any chance it is NOLA? t

NOLA a little too come to Baton Rouge. Biloxi honestly I think is to close too compared to past tours I have been on.
n7vrz

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can see two cities that could make that TBD. Mobile, AL and Jackson, MS. Although a third possibility would be Montgomery, AL.
Mobile and Jackson are roughly half way between Birmingham and Baton Rouge. The addition of Montgomery to my list seems to me to be remote as it would be a rather short trip from Birmingham.
But we shall see what the organizers come up with.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mobil was the last stop in 2010 and was one of those congested downtown stops and a maze to get into and out of.
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

I don't know if I'd be up for about a two week road trip in one of the Fieros. Maybe in

a more comfortable driving experience.

Take a good photo of each side of your Fiero then have some decals made up and put them on this one.

[This message has been edited by fieroparts.com (edited 12-22-2014).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The 87 has 150,000+ on the original engine etc. I don't know if I can still survive about two weeks driving in a Fiero any more.
Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Old Lar is right.......Mobile was an awful stop that year. Downtown venues have never been our favorites. After Phil doing 13 Power Tours and me several, the last one in 2012, we think we are Power Toured out because they keep going to the same cities. We'll remember all the fun we had and all the people we've met over the years and still stay in contact with, which is just one thing that makes Power Tour so much fun. We've got some great memories and seen a lot of the U.S.

Gwen (Phil's wife)
Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2014 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I loved the power tour we took a few years back in my buds 78 c10. Where actually thinking this year of doing the hot bike tour same thing but with the motorcycles.
PFF
System Bot
FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2014 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live in Gulfport MS. This is the next town west of Biloxi. You can get to the French Q in N.O. in about 1 1/2 hrs. IF............you don't get stopped in traffic in N.O. If you don't have a hotel in N.O. park at the "river walk mall" Do NOT leave anything in the car to tempt some body to break into it. Do NOT be with out a sober person to protect you. If you get down here, I have a big yard and a tire machine, car trailer.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Early bird registration has been extended to 2/6/15
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2015 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Early Bird Registration ends today, (unless they extend it again )
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have registered and have hotel reservations. No information on Biloxi (June 11) is a go or no go.

I'm thinking of driving up to the Dells prior to the Power Tour and doing some "site seeing" in that part of the country.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
larry which one you bringing?
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm taking the Tucson. I'll probably drive up to the Dells, the week before and do some site seeing in that area (Le Claire and Antique Archeology) before driving over to Madison and the Power Tour.

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 02-26-2015).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-13-2015 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can't drive for 6 months (medical) so I'll miss it again
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2015 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They have finally announced the 6th stop that was TBD, its Gulfport MS.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2015 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hell I only went to the Norwalk stop last year and had a blast! I promised Scott that I would do more stops this year and I will. I'll have a beautiful co-pilot this year so it gives even more motivation.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2015 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm me if your want our hotel info. There are a couple of us fiero guys all booking together.
PFF
System Bot
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2015 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

Pm me if your want our hotel info. There are a couple of us fiero guys all booking together.

PM sent Scott.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2015 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jason PM sent back

BUMP
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2015 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ltlgt88

448 posts
Member since Aug 2010
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2015 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many guys from Michigan are going?June eh? Best I get cracking finishing my car then....

------------------
1987 Fiero GTX 3800 Turbo... My Build, ST3 Cam, Lowered, Wheels, and pics enjoy!https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2015 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of us from NTFC are planning joining the tour. Nothing concrete as of yet just an idea a couple of us are throwing around.
If we do make it where thinking of hooking up in Memphis.

Does anyone know if John Callies will make an appearance at the Memphis stop, would like to see his car again this time not on a lift.

thanks...
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2015 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom sent you a pm about where we are staying in Memphis
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2015 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:
Does anyone know if John Callies will make an appearance at the Memphis stop, would like to see his car again this time not on a lift.

thanks...

That would be very cool, would love to see his creation.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2015 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking about the possibility of doing the Power Tour 2015 run, Gulfport & Baton Rouge. Having said that, I have never done the POwer Tour and really don't know much about it.

A couple of questions: 1. Is it worth it ? & 2. What to expect?

Oh, was planning on taking my '86 GT. It made the Cruz'n the Coast run back in October so it should be god to go come June.

Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2015 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cajun

1554 posts
Member since Dec 2003
I'm thinking about the possibility of doing the Power Tour 2015 run, Gulfport & Baton Rouge. Having said that, I have never done the POwer Tour and really don't know much about it.

A couple of questions: 1. Is it worth it ? & 2. What to expect?

Oh, was planning on taking my '86 GT. It made the Cruz'n the Coast run back in October so it should be god to go come June.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock