Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Daytona Fiero Weekend 2015 [March 26th ~ March 29th] (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Daytona Fiero Weekend 2015 [March 26th ~ March 29th] by JohnWPB
Started on: 12-08-2014 01:45 PM
Replies: 197 (6199 views)
Last post by: jim94 on 04-06-2015 02:06 AM
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got my registration for the show in the mail yesterday. # 91X See everyone in a couple of months. Drive carefully on the way to DAYTONA. And I own page two

[This message has been edited by IIKool (edited 01-31-2015).]

IP: Logged
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:
$110 dollar rates at the Navy base for 3 room condo in downtown Key West

Frank, the USN got rid of me on a medical board but not retirement. If the facility will accept a VA Service Connected Disability ID card I would potentially be in. If not my old DOD card has expired and would not likely get me in the facility.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 01-31-2015).]

spirit

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Motel reservations made and speedway tickets ordered. Need Fiero forms to join the group. Who do I call? Phone number)
joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Registered with the track and booked the hotel today. See you all there!!

-Joe
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Temperature got up to 72. Some rain, no snow.

------------------

Frank Martin
87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dragon

1352 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Frank, the USN got rid of me on a medical board but not retirement. If the facility will accept a VA Service Connected Disability ID card I would potentially be in. If not my old DOD card has expired and would not likely get me in the facility.

Nelson

Nelson

I'm afraid your cards will not work. Bummer

Frank

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody going I-10 through Tallahassee, let me know when you're coming thru so maybe we can have lunch or coffee, or at least wave as you pass.
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have 1453 views and 46 replys. So how many people are coming?
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who is running the event this year. And who checks out the route on Friday run. Inquiring minds want to know
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We do have a logo for the show this year:

EDIT: Sorry, I uploaded the photo no less than 4 times with PIP, it says upload successful EVERY time, yet does not work... typical.
If you want to see it you can download the image from here.
IMPORTANT: Uncheck the box that says "Use our download manager and get recommended downloads" If not you will download a file manager that probably has some spamware included.

Space Coast Fiero's Frank is taking care of having the shirts embroidered. There will be a page up soon where shirt orders can be placed for those that want them.
EDIT: You can order them on the FieroEvents.com website

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-02-2015).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009
Ok, I just sent out a mass email to everyone with important information about the show.

If you did not receive an email Follow THIS LINK to subscribe. You will then receive future emails with information pertaining to the show.
PFF
System Bot
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have registration numbers 207 and 216

------------------

Frank Martin
87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

We have 1453 views and 46 replys. So how many people are coming?

I have paid my registration fee and have hotel reservations. Barring some unexpected issue, Nancy and I plan to attend if I can get one of the cars to start. Registration number is 224X.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 03-04-2015).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are thinking about a Hawaiian Luau this year. It has been done in the past, and I have heard nothing but positive things about it! Please head over to THIS LINK and vote on if you would attend or not.

We could use a little help. If anyone has any connections to people who are interested in donating door prizes, or items to be raffled off, please either contact them yourself or let me know. I have already contacted Rock Auto, The Fiero Store, Black Top Racing and and Mr. Mike's.

If the items can be brought to the show, great. If they need shipped, PM me and I can give you an address to send the items to, to ensure they make it to the show.

Items can be either Fiero specific, or car related in general, such as car care products, work lights, tools ect.

If you have any Fiero collectibles or trinkets, match box cars, stickers, or whatever feel free to bring them to give away as door prizes. JimmyS & his wife personally donated a mystery package that turned out to be over a hundred dollars in fireworks!

On a final note, if anyone would like to volunteer judging the cars this year, assisting with parking or anything else, please let me know! So far I only have 1 person that has stepped forward with registering and parking cars.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-18-2015).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3 days and no comments on the Luou either way. No replies on any offers to help.... I will do my best to try to plan some things from here, but I will not be able to attend the show this year..

Planning is still underway and this is going to be a fantastic weekend!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-22-2015).]

PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

3 days and no comments on the Luou either way. No replies on any offers to help.... I will do my best to try to plan some things from here, but I will not be able to attend the show this year..

Time is drawing close, and here is what still needs resolved:
- As of now, there are no plans for awards, no are there people to judge the cars
- Fiero Fiberglass is the only one so far that is donating prizes for door prizes / the raffle
- No plans have been made for Friday or Saturday nights

Oh no! I was really looking forward to seeing you this year. If I can step in and help, I certainly will. Give me a call if you want.
Tree Oh Foe - seben won too - Oh non too won

[This message has been edited by PatrickTRoof (edited 02-21-2015).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spoke with Patrick on the phone tonight, and he is working to try to fund and order the trophies for the show. That is a HUGE help!

Pretty much everything is planned out. There will be the traditional pancake breakfast at the sugar mill, a cruise, a poker run, 50/50 raffle, door prizes, the show Saturday, go-Karts, hot laps around the New Smyrna NASCAR track as a pre-show to their Saturday Night Race. There will be a few other things tossed in their as they are finalized. Many things will be scheduled from Thursday eventing through Sunday afternoon. You can choose to do everything, or just what you are interested in doing.

Something we are considering; a Buffet Dinner, all you can eat, on the water. After dinner a 1 and a half hour boat cruise up the intercoastal waterway. TOTAL COST $19.95 each. Beer and wine on the boat are available for $2 each. We would need to know an ACCURATE head count 1 week before the cruise.

I am waiting on an email from Chuck to get access to the old website to put some information up there. Chuck paid $200 out of his own pocket to get the website up again, unfortunately the files were all lost. I will do my best to get something up there, at least the schedule, as soon as possible.

The bottom line is this; be at the show and you are guaranteed to have a fun filled weekend with:
  • warm weather!
  • Tons of activities
  • Friends
  • Great food!
  • Lots of Fieros!

IMPORTANT:
Lastly, how would everyone feel if we asked for $10 for each car that is going to be at the show? This would help to cover the cost of the awards to be given out. This is NOT mandatory, just a suggested donation to help defray costs.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-22-2015).]

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kudos to you John for continuing on with the show preparation even after the dis-heartening trouble you have had with your car. I know it can't have been easy.
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've also contacted three Fiero parts vendors to see if they'd be willing to donate products for prizes. I'm still waiting to hear from them.

Speaking of funds, I've started a GoFundMe campaign to help me pay for the cost of travelling to Florida. If you'd like to help out, that would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.gofundme.com/dz40b4

Jennifer and I will be able to do some judging on the show cars too.
spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ellen and I plan on the Daytona event. Registered and motel reservations made. Can't figure out how to register for Fiero show. Can anyone help me out?
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.turkeyrun.com/Turkey_Run_Home.html

Go to that site and follow the "register" link. Don't worry about where it says only cars up to 1980. They will automatically accept Fieros. If you are affiliated with a Fiero club, put that in the appropriate box; if not, just enter Space Coast Fieros. They will mail you a registration card which you will need to show them when you enter the track.
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After talking to a few more people, maybe the Luou is not the best thing we can do on Friday or Saturday night. The cost would have been $50 + drinks each.

Plan B:

An all you can eat waterfront buffet dinner. Items like Shrimp & garlic Penne pasta, Fried fish, roasted turkey... something for both land and sea lovers. When we are done with dinner, we then take an hour and a half boat cruise up the Inter-coastal Waterway. Here is the great part: it's only $19.95 per person! This is the same price as going to a typical restaurant next tot he track. Drinks however are extra, but not much extra! $2 wine, beer & soda with $5 cocktails. I think this could be a winner!

I know asking anyone to reply to respond to anything is tough, but I will need an ACCURATE HEAD COUNT for this one. If you do not sign-up, unfortunately there will be no way to go. I will put up a tally sheet you can "sign" to let me know how many in your party here soon.
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

After talking to a few more people, maybe the Luou is not the best thing we can do on Friday or Saturday night. The cost would have been $50 + drinks each.

Plan B:

An all you can eat waterfront buffet dinner. Items like Shrimp & garlic Penne pasta, Fried fish, roasted turkey... something for both land and sea lovers. When we are done with dinner, we then take an hour and a half boat cruise up the Inter-coastal Waterway. Here is the great part: it's only $19.95 per person! This is the same price as going to a typical restaurant next tot he track. Drinks however are extra, but not much extra! $2 wine, beer & soda with $5 cocktails. I think this could be a winner!

I know asking anyone to reply to respond to anything is tough, but I will need an ACCURATE HEAD COUNT for this one. If you do not sign-up, unfortunately there will be no way to go. I will put up a tally sheet you can "sign" to let me know how many in your party here soon.

This seems like it is going to be a good idea.

It would be nice if there was a list of Fiero Enthusiasts that will be attending the weekend. Even if they do not bring there Fiero.

Maybe on the first post in this thread

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-23-2015 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[B]Originally posted

I am waiting on an email from Chuck to get access to the old website to put some information up there. Chuck paid $200 out of his own pocket to get the website up again, unfortunately the files were all lost. I will do my best to get something up there, at least the schedule, as soon as possible.

question, It was nice of Chuck to pay the 200 bones to get the site up again, but may I ask why you are using a service that has a cost to it for a once a year , event?

I can easily set up a php forum , that is free, you can't post photo's directly, you have to use image shack or photobucket/etc..
but you'll not loose your files, and only loose photos if you move them in the off site photo hosting..

here is my side project , that I was going to keep building.. to give an idea of what can be done..

http://projectcars.informe....1d453a91a2611d08dc08

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 02-23-2015).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2015 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:
question, It was nice of Chuck to pay the 200 bones to get the site up again, but may I ask why you are using a service that has a cost to it for a once a year , event?

It's a long story, short version: Site expired while he was away. Go Daddy said they could easily put it back up. Hosting was nothing, but to "restore" all files and put everything back in place was the $$$ part. After all was said and done, and he paid, they told him sorry, the files are no longer there. They would not give him a refund. This why I star far away from GoDaddy personally.

Ok back to Daytona! I now have access to the site, and will do my best to get some information in place as soon as possible for the show. When I do, I will post links.
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2015 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

It's a valid question. Not completely on topic but in the interest of satisfying curiosity...
I have several web sites that I host under the same account. I wanted to use ASP.net for one of the primary sites and needed a Microsoft hosting server for it. So I chose this particular host. I then had the ability to host several sites from the same "unlimited" account. So really the Fiero Events site didn't cost anything more than I was already paying. I paid for it a year at a time and it expired back in October. I didn't notice it right away because I had some personal issues this year and closed the business I started and no longer needed the primary website. I paid for another month on 11/6 and was looking for another cheaper host to move everything to. They turned the site back on after 3 weeks of being down and everything was there just like it was before. They said if it was less than a month it was no big deal. My mother in law sent my wife and me on a cruise for my wife's birthday. When we got back the site had expired again. On 12/13 (pay day was 12/12) I went to pay for another month but couldn't. They had supposedly already deleted all of the files from the server even though it had been down for less than a week. I Had backup copies of everything but the Fiero Events site because I could never get Drupal to work like it was supposed to. None of my backups were ever successful. I wasn't even able to log on to the site since last February.

If I paid for another year (at a lower cost $50 per year service plan) they would restore everything for another $150. So I paid the money. After going back and forth with them for another month the only sites they restored successfully were the ones I had backups for anyways. So lesson learned... Always pay in advance and always get backups of everything. I really hate that I lost all the work that John had put into the site last year. But we'll get an adequate site pulled together and keep people informed of important show details.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright folks! The Daytona Show website is up and functioning! It is pretty minimalistic right now, but I just gained control of it a couple days ago, and had to start from scratch.

Please take a couple minutes and fill out the REGISTRATION FORM on the website. This is the ONLY way we will know roughly how many people to plan for for the Dinner & Boat Cruise, as well as other activities.

This is IMPORTANT. We will use the number of people that filled out the registration form for making the reservations. A list of that will be printed out. If your name is on the list you are golden. If not, there is a good chance there will be no room at the pancake breakfast, the dinner cruise, and Saturday nights dinner. It's simple, fill out the form, and all is well

Trust me, I HATE having to say this over and over again. Last year it was the same thing. I saw tons of names in the threads saying they got their registration for the show, that they booked the hotel,. and yet they had not taken the couple minutes to fill out our registration form.

A lot of people have put in a lot of time and effort to make this weekend a great one. Now take just a couple minutes out of your time and help us out.

You can fill out the registration form at the FieroEvents.com website.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009
Ok, the Daytona Map is up. It has push pins for the location of all events thus far for the weekend, as well as those that have registered for the show.

You can CHECK OUT THE MAP HERE
NOTE: The pushpins on the map are centered with the city, and NOT the persons home!

(You can checkmark the box in the list on the left to see where people attended the show from in 2014).

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-27-2015).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2015 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009
Ok, after getting a suggestion from Patrick, and after talking it out, I set up a GoFundMe page for the Daytona show. This was done instead of having an imposed mandatory fee to register. This is NOT mandatory, but would greatly be appreciated to help with costs for the show such as printed materials, dash plaques, trophies, Rolls of tickets for the raffle as well as door prizes ect.

$10 is the suggested amount, but you may donate more if you feel so inclined. There are 2 ways to handle money if there is any left over after costs. We can come up with a charity to donate to, or it can be added to the 50/50 raffle pot to be drawn at the show.

When you make a donation, please put at least your name (at least your first name) AND your PFF screen name in the "From" field. For Example "John Panicci - JohnWPB". This list of names who have donated will be visible to everyone, as well as the running total. GoFundMe was the perfect choice, as EVERYONE can see the total money that was raised, verses a personal PayPal account. This way there is 100% accountability for any and all money raised.

You can use any credit card or even use an electronic check. You can find the form here.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2015 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have spent something like 16 hours on the Daytona Fiero Weekend website in just the past 2 days cramming to get it up and working. Patrick has been on the phone trying to get awards and trophies taken care of, as well as soliciting for donations for the raffle and door prizes. Robert has been working on the judging sheets and altering the classes and judging criteria to make things simpler this year. Frank took the logo and had it digitized, so we can have shirts for the event this year. Chuck spent hours on the phone dealing with GoDaddy and $200 out of his pocket to ensure the website is hosted and ready to go. Mr. Mike donated $100 to help with the cost of trophies for the show. Benn and a few others have volunteered for help with registration and parking for the show. Patrick, Jennifer, Nelson & Robert have volunteered to be judges this year. Many others have donated prizes and certificates, As you can see a lot of people have stepped up to make this a great weekend.

I sent out 1,268 email newsletters to Fiero owners in the Southeastern United States. I posted to the info to the Daytona Show Weekend official Facebook page here, 3 other face book pages, and posted in Pennock's Fiero forum.

Prior to all of the above:
- 29 people have +1 On the show's Facebook page saying they are attending.
- 23 people that have said they are going in posts that I found in this thread and others here on Pennock's
- 8 people that I have spoken to in person that said they are going.
That is a total of 50 people.

Out of all of the time, effort and soliciting, only 6 people had the decency, and took the time to fill out the registration form. I am sorry, but that is really sad people! !

As you read above, a LOT of time, work and effort has been put into making the weekend a great one by many people! Is it just that people can not be bothered to take 3 minutes of their time to fill out a basic RSVP form when asked to do so over and over?

It comes down to this, there are 2 activities during the weekend that I need a very accurate head count on. I will get that head count from those that took the time to RSVP by filling out the form. If You have not filled out the registration form, you will probably not be able to participate in those 2 events. The rest of the weekend is pretty much open ended, so there is still a lot of stuff you can do without having to fill out the registration form.

I can only sincerely ask that you please a moment to fill out the registration form as soon as possible if you would like to be able to attend the activities and events. Thank You.

->YOU CAN FILL OUT THE FORM HERE<-
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2015 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just found out I'll be able to extend my vacation in Florida a weekend early, which means I can attend for the first time! I won't have a fiero, though. Some random rental car instead What should a non-fiero-participant/observer/bystander register for or pay for? Are there many things for S.O.'s to do, or should I attend solo?
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2015 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear it! You should be able to get a show pass from someone attending. Each registered vehicle gets something like 3 entry passes, and many people who register their Fieros do not use them all. Does anyone have an extra one to offer up?

If this does not work, you will just have to pay the entry price. I think it is like $10 or something for general admission.

Lastly, you need to register on the FieroEvents.com Registration page. This lets us know if you will be attending any of the events we are doing, so we can have a head count to make bookings and reservations. Under number of Fieros you are bringing, just choose "None".

EDIT: I just found the info on their website: "THIS $25.00 FEE INCLUDES ADMISSION TO THE TURKEY RUN FOR YOUR VEHICLE AND UP TO 4 PEOPLE FOR ALL 3 DAYS OF THE EVENT."
This means that 90% of the Fieros that register to bring in their cars will have at least 2 admission tickets left over. It is a matter of just coordinating with someone at the Best Western before the show to get a ticket from them.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-01-2015).]

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kwagner:

I just found out I'll be able to extend my vacation in Florida a weekend early, which means I can attend for the first time! I won't have a fiero, though. Some random rental car instead What should a non-fiero-participant/observer/bystander register for or pay for? Are there many things for S.O.'s to do, or should I attend solo?

Is your car a rental or what

I would recommend that you register with the track to bring your car in.

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 03-02-2015).]

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:

Is your car a rental or what

I would recommend that you register with the track to bring your car in.

Last year they didn't allow us to bring our mini-van in by paying at the show car entrance. Maybe you can trick that if you pay online. I gess they try to keep only eye candy inside.
Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just rent a Mustang- all year Mustangs are allowed. The wife and I are leaving the Fiero at home this year and I registered my 2011 Mustang
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can rent a Charger or Mustang and get in by paying the $25 registration fee.

So far we have 48 people signed up, and 28 for the Friday night dinner / boat cruise. That number is sure to increase, as by looking at last years stats, around 40% of the people last year waited till the last minute to fill out the registration form. There are also many that show up without registering. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee space for the dinner cruise without knowing a head count ahead of time.

So far this is looking like its going to be a great weekend, with good attendance!

Also, if anyone is bringing in a Fiero to the show, we ask that you donate at least $10 to the go fund me page. The sooner the better! We need time to order and pay for the awards and other little things we are planning for the show. Thanks!

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2015 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok folks, the laps around the New Smyrna NASCAR track are 100% confirmed. Is anyone bring a Pace Car to the show by chance, that would be a great way to be led out onto the track!

The rules / regulations are as follows:

- We need to Be at the Track by no later than 5:30.
- Each car gets 2 people into the track for free. Each additional person is the standard $15 admission price.
- 6:00 till 7:15 Our cars will be on display for a mini car show. I am told spectators love to come look at the cars while waiting for the main race to start.
- 7:30 we will line up and take to the track.

If anyone is good at public speaking, and not planning to drive around the track, let me know. They would like someone from out group to to speak while the cars are on the track.

Rules for the track are as follows:
No helmets are required, and only the driver, no passengers are aloud in the vehicles on the track. We will do 3 to 4 laps of the track at speeds around 70MPH to 75 MPH in front of spectators. We will then exit the track.

You then have the option of staying at the track and watching the race, or meeting the group at Miller's Ale House in front of the Best Western for dinner at 8:30. I know 8:30 is a little late for some people for dinner, but there was just no other time to fit things in.

FormulaCraig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2015 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaCraigSend a Private Message to FormulaCraigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John,I will be there with my 4 speed Indy car and my 87 GT. Can't Wait!!

Ok folks, the laps around the New Smyrna NASCAR track are 100% confirmed. Is anyone bring a Pace Car to the show by chance, that would be a great way to be led out onto the track!

The rules / regulations are as follows:

- We need to Be at the Track by no later than 5:30.
- Each car gets 2 people into the track for free. Each additional person is the standard $15 admission price.
- 6:00 till 7:15 Our cars will be on display for a mini car show. I am told spectators love to come look at the cars while waiting for the main race to start.
- 7:30 we will line up and take to the track.

If anyone is good at public speaking, and not planning to drive around the track, let me know. They would like someone from out group to to speak while the cars are on the track.

Rules for the track are as follows:
No helmets are required, and only the driver, no passengers are aloud in the vehicles on the track. We will do 3 to 4 laps of the track at speeds around 70MPH to 75 MPH in front of spectators. We will then exit the track.

You then have the option of staying at the track and watching the race, or meeting the group at Miller's Ale House in front of the Best Western for dinner at 8:30. I know 8:30 is a little late for some people for dinner, but there was just no other time to fit things in.
[/QUOTE]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FormulaCraig:

John,I will be there with my 4 speed Indy car and my 87 GT. Can't Wait!!

Craig, I think you may be as excited as I am to do some hot laps around the track! I see your post here, I got your email, and I got your PM as well

Looks like we have an Indy to lead us out onto the track for some laps! Right behind will be another Red Fiero, done up with all of the Indy graphics. Right now it looks like we will have around 25 Fieros at the track. This will probably increase, as I know of 5 people that are going to Daytona that have not filled out the registration form yet. Plus others that tend to just show up.

Oh, the trophies this year are going to be NICE! No bowling trophies with 70;s wood grain to be found here!

It's going to be a great weekend!

kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You can rent a Charger or Mustang and get in by paying the $25 registration fee.

I don't think we'll spring for the upgraded rental this time (we're staying a full week), so what's the options/fees for observers to get in? We're definitely interested in the other activities going on. I'll register for things tomorrow, assuming a non-fiero vehicle can tag along
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock