Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fiero enthusiasts in Oregon rollcall (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiero enthusiasts in Oregon rollcall by tcincp
Started on: 09-04-2014 01:36 PM
Replies: 41 (911 views)
Last post by: Havoc04 on 07-24-2016 01:18 AM
tcincp

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tcincpSend a Private Message to tcincpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About 8 years ago I bought an '87 GT, I sold it a couple of years later and knew that I would own another. That happened this past summer when I purchased this '88 GT. I live in Southern Oregon and would be very much interested in finding others in the state (or nearer). I have yet to see someone listed here from Oregon but you must be out there.

Oooops, I guess I'll have to learn how to post pics.

tc

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was a Fiero group on Yahoo called Fierosnw, but it no longer shows up on the Yahoo groups site. There is a reference to the group in a thread that I linked below. There are a number of Oregon, SW Washington people who visit this site. The last event I attended was a small group of Fiero owners who went to the Historic races at PIR last year, Al Unser Jr. was the Grand Marshall of the event. Not a lot of organized events in Oregon. Washington, however is a different story. Welcome to the Fiero world. This is a great site for info and help.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum7/HTML/000432.html
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here.

------------------
------------------
85 GT Fastback, 4.9/getrag, 88 cradle, 88 gas tank, 12" vette rotors w/88 fiero calipers... ect. build thread
4.9 motor rebuild thread

Rexgirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And here
FXRseen

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FXRseenSend a Private Message to FXRseenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here.

Does SW washington count?
ManMadeChickens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in as well. There's a tight group of a few of us, but nothing really formal ever happens. Definitely get in touch with us. We attend Northwest Fierofest every year, and that's about the only truly structured thing the "club" ever does anymore.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used to live near the intersection of Grant Road and Beall Lane in Central Point. Does that count? Haha

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 09-06-2014).]

fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in Northern California. Eureka to be exact. It's about three hours away. My fiancé has family that lives in eagle point and we go that way a couple times a year. We were just up there last week and went to Crater Lake. Since my Fiero is almost put back together I'll have to take it up there the next time we go. I too have an 88GT. Welcome to the forum.
hairballrm

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not on the forum so much anymore, but...
I still have two Fieros.
Do they have to run?

------------------
"Now you too can see in the dark."
http://projectorretrofit.com/ Please Like me on Facebook
Lots of good info on my original sales thread FS: Projector Retrofit Headlamp Buckets

tcincp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tcincpSend a Private Message to tcincpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear from you all. Maybe I have met Rexgirl, white GT, do you work at a coffee kiosk?

Yesterday I got my hood vent from Angel @custom fiberglass parts, looks good, can't wait to start that.

I really couldn't figure out how to post pics. Can anyone help?

Thanks
tc
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used to be a Member of the Fieros NW group until I left Oregon and moved back to NY 6 years ago.
PFF
System Bot
Rexgirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2014 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hi tc,

No sorry, that wasn't me with the white car. Mine is yellow. There aren't many Fiero's here; I know of two black cars (one GT and one nochie), one white GT, and one Mera.
Are you driving yours?
Rexgirl
Rexgirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2014 05:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rexgirl

453 posts
Member since Dec 2013
To post pics, download and install "Pennock's IMAGE poster" (the blue and red icon at the bottom of this page). It lets you upload a pic that you then insert into your reply .
tcincp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2014 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tcincpSend a Private Message to tcincpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info Rexgirl, but I guess that it's not going to help - I have a Mac.

Yes, I'm driving mine, it's a silver GT and very low. I'll be watching for you.
PDX.GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2014 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PDX.GTSend a Private Message to PDX.GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Howdy.
Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone in the area interested in helping out putting a 4.9/4t60e on 88 cradle into an 87 that has a manual trans? Lots of work and opportunity to learn along the way. Exact dates are not set yet but I thought I would see if anyone if interested in offering a hand. My own car needs to get done and out of the garage first but its not too far off now.

Its time for the fiero guys to start getting together again in the area. Maybe throw in a BBQ and some drinks for those who are interested. I can smoke 6 racks of ribs at a time.

EDIT: He he. Hey Rick, you want to help too?

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 09-19-2014).]

Bebop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BebopSend a Private Message to BebopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey I think you passed me in your silver car tonight. I was in the black 88GT. Nice Car!!
I live in Medford.
Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2014 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bebop:

Hey I think you passed me in your silver car tonight. I was in the black 88GT. Nice Car!!
I live in Medford.

I wasn't me. My car has been in the "shop" for the last month. On a good note it fired right up tonight. The 4.9 is a very loud engine with no exhaust. I hoping to finish up the exhaust this week and officially get it back on the road.

There are quite a few nice fieros in Oregon. Several silver and black fastbacks, a few SE's, and even one of two bumper pad coupes. Dispite all the rain we get I rarely see any really rusted out here. The guys at the machine shop up the street always talk about a ford 302 powered one they have done some work on. There is also a really nice silver GT around with the license plate "I8A4RE". Always cracks me up.

I've heard rumors from everyone around about a black GT with a turbocharged V8 in it but I have yet to see it myself. Aparently, it blew the doors off of a friends GT500. After playing with my fiero he thought he could take on any of them. He was very wrong. I hope I get to see it someday.
SO-Randy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SO-RandyClick Here to visit SO-Randy's HomePageSend a Private Message to SO-RandyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am a little late but can I play?
Just bought a 87 GT and I live in Grants Pass
Randy
Rexgirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hi Randy, Welcome to Pennock's !
rednotdead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rednotdeadSend a Private Message to rednotdeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im in socal now, but most of the "wild" Fiero's Ive seen were in Oregon, oddly. Including an old red bumperpad broken down on the I5 north of Eugene. I can't speculate too much as to why this is, but maybe the culture down here is more image-conscious. There is a 84 pace car that parks on my street though, owned by an older gentleman.

[This message has been edited by rednotdead (edited 03-18-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
SO-Randy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SO-RandyClick Here to visit SO-Randy's HomePageSend a Private Message to SO-RandyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I bought my gt on a rainy day, it looked pristine inside and out.... That was untill it dried out and the pealing clear coat became evident. No worries.. The next day she was off to my paint booth.
Now I am waiting for some clips so I can put her all back together.
While I am waiting for the clips I have lowered it and put some nice 19 inch wheels on it.
These are interesting cars, I am sure I will enjoy driving it periodically
Randy

[This message has been edited by SO-Randy (edited 04-02-2015).]

Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rednotdead:

Im in socal now, but most of the "wild" Fiero's Ive seen were in Oregon, oddly. Including an old red bumperpad broken down on the I5 north of Eugene. I can't speculate too much as to why this is, but maybe the culture down here is more image-conscious. There is a 84 pace car that parks on my street though, owned by an older gentleman.

Nice fieros are not uncommon in Oregon. We don't salt the roads which is a plus. It rains a bunch but most owners don't seem to drive them much in the wetter seasons. There used to be a very active club but it seems to have died off over the last 5 years. The nice fieros are still around we just don't get together anymore.

I saw a pretty nice Gun metal fastback the other day. Fresh paint but thats all I could tell about it. Looked great.

Welcome!
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2015 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live in Keizer and have an 85 SE v-6 auto that I play with. It's on vacation until late Spring!

Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2015 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like those rims!! A nice fat lip without being a giant wheel.

My first fiero was an 85 SE v6 4 speed. Still miss driving it sometimes. For a stock fiero it was quick. I drove the piss out of it. A couple engines later it just sits waiting for its turn at a swap.
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to replace the o-ring on the distributor and the one for the gas tank, they both seem to have failed over time. The other thing I want to do is service the transmission, I only need to buy the ATF for that one. Last on the list is front brakes, they are due. I may be putting a for sale sign on it though as I'm in a big downsizing mode, I'm down to three motorcycles from 17!
SO-Randy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SO-RandyClick Here to visit SO-Randy's HomePageSend a Private Message to SO-RandyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

now the little GT is finished.
New paint, new wheels and lowered.

[This message has been edited by SO-Randy (edited 04-13-2015).]

78_elky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 78_elkySend a Private Message to 78_elkyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just picked up a Fiero (87SE V6 Auto) last week. Its a basket case but hopefully I can get it back on the road in the next couple weeks (and then tear it apart some more to fix all the other things I'm sure I haven't found yet).
Jessica
SO-Randy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SO-RandyClick Here to visit SO-Randy's HomePageSend a Private Message to SO-RandyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you have to love a basket case, they are the best
god luck and have fun

Originally posted by 78_elky:

I just picked up a Fiero (87SE V6 Auto) last week. Its a basket case but hopefully I can get it back on the road in the next couple weeks (and then tear it apart some more to fix all the other things I'm sure I haven't found yet).
Jessica

BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine is back on the road now and it's still fun to drive but could use a 4 wheel alignment, just hard to find a shop with Fiero knowledge. Going to be doing some of the stuff on my list this weekend, shouldn't be too bad!
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BrittB

453 posts
Member since Dec 2013

Originally posted by 78_elky:

Jessica

Mine was a barn find and came home on the back of a trailer. Was yours the one on Craigslist?

[This message has been edited by BrittB (edited 04-02-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BrittB

453 posts
Member since Dec 2013

Originally posted by Fieroseverywhere:

I like those rims!! A nice fat lip without being a giant wheel.

My first fiero was an 85 SE v6 4 speed. Still miss driving it sometimes. For a stock fiero it was quick. I drove the piss out of it. A couple engines later it just sits waiting for its turn at a swap.

TSW 18" rims and they fit very nicely.

Rexgirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2015 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey tcincp, I think we passed each other a few days ago on Table Rock Road. I was in the Yellow Mera. J.
78_elky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2015 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 78_elkySend a Private Message to 78_elkyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah mine was from craigslist in Salem. Red, in pieces, very cheap.
Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2015 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may have a few parts available if anyone needs them. Just let me know what you're looking for. I'd prefer not shipping them.
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2015 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I may have a few parts available if anyone needs them. Just let me know what you're looking for. I'd prefer not shipping them.

There's always something, we just never know what until we do need it! There's a guy named Lucas that has tons of body parts as well as other parts the lives somewhere in the Clackamas area, never met him or bought parts but may in the future. Be nice to find a good condition notchie tail light lens and the missing goodies for deck lid luggage rack.
Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BrittB:

There's always something, we just never know what until we do need it! There's a guy named Lucas that has tons of body parts as well as other parts the lives somewhere in the Clackamas area, never met him or bought parts but may in the future. Be nice to find a good condition notchie tail light lens and the missing goodies for deck lid luggage rack.

I know Lucas. Dealt with his quite a few times. Lots of parts and really just a great all around guy. Its been a couple years since I spoke to him last.

I have a set of notchie tails I might be willing to part with. They are the original set out of my 4.9 car before the conversion to fastback. One chip in the drivers side near the decklid lock but other then that they just need polished up. They have been hanging on the wall in the garage for 6 years.
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know Lucas. Dealt with his quite a few times. Lots of parts and really just a great all around guy. Its been a couple years since I spoke to him last.

I have a set of notchie tails I might be willing to part with. They are the original set out of my 4.9 car before the conversion to fastback. One chip in the drivers side near the decklid lock but other then that they just need polished up. They have been hanging on the wall in the garage for 6 years.

It may be a little longer before my parts hunt continues, another car of mine has decided it needs attention first!

Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2015 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BrittB:

It may be a little longer before my parts hunt continues, another car of mine has decided it needs attention first!

He he. Mine too. And if I spend too much time with the cars, the house gets jealous. Murphy was a jerk.

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 04-07-2015).]

BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2015 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to go buy a bed too, wow they are proud of their products. I actually had the best night of sleep I've had in years but for what it cost I could have bought another good condition Fiero!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock