Portland Historic Races - Fieros Northwest by ManMadeChickens
Started on: 05-08-2013 04:24 PM
Replies: 3 (505 views)
Last post by: PDX.GT on 08-31-2014 03:30 PM
ManMadeChickens

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2013 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everybody. Fieros Northwest is trying to organize an outing to the Portland Historic Races at Portland International Raceway June 29th and 30th. Essentially, car clubs can come show off their rides in the infield, and get significantly cheaper admission, inside parking, and participate in the parade on track during the lunch hour. It's a really fun event, and there's a bunch of great vintage race cars on track doing what they were designed to do. My father is organizing the group. Here's what he posted in the club forum:

I have gone to the Historic Races at PIR for several years now. I usually went with the Austin Healey Club of Oregon, and took our Healey to the Car Club Corral in the infield. I always thought it would be good to get a group of Fieros in the club corral. Last year the Healey club did not get a gathering organized, and it looks like they are not this year either.

Therefore I am taking action towards getting that group of Fieros to the races this year. I would like to turn in a club application for Fieros Northwest. It requires a minimum of 4 cars, payment in advance, and is due by May 15th. The fee of $45 in advance includes a three-day admission ticket for driver and a guest, 1 car corral pass, and the
ever-popular parade lap around the track at the lunch break. ($130.00 value)

The races this year are Saturday June 29th and Sunday June 30th. For more information you can go to the web site at www.portlandhistorics.com. If you can commit to going, reply to this post, and if I get 4 or more that are interested, I will reply with how you can get me your payment so I can submit the application for our group.

Thanks,
Ken Parcher
'85 SE 2M6 3.1L

If there's some interest, I can give you his email address to get you involved. Thanks for looking!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
PDX.GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PDX.GTSend a Private Message to PDX.GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ManMadeChickens:
Hello everybody. Fieros Northwest is trying to organize an outing to the Portland Historic Races at Portland International Raceway June 29th and 30th. Essentially, car clubs can come show off their rides in the infield, and get significantly cheaper admission, inside parking, and participate in the parade on track during the lunch hour. It's a really fun event, and there's a bunch of great vintage race cars on track doing what they were designed to do. My father is organizing the group. Here's what he posted in the club forum:

If there's some interest, I can give you his email address to get you involved. Thanks for looking!

Does Fieros Northwest have a website?
ManMadeChickens

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At the moment, no. The site used to be a Yahoo group, which was recently taken down. We have the intention of making a replacement.
PDX.GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PDX.GTSend a Private Message to PDX.GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ManMadeChickens:

At the moment, no. The site used to be a Yahoo group, which was recently taken down. We have the intention of making a replacement.

Is there a list of club get togethers & events?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock