Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Ebay scammer "88 fiero tail lights" Urgent (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ebay scammer "88 fiero tail lights" Urgent by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 07-05-2014 05:21 PM
Replies: 46 (1840 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 08-02-2014 04:42 PM
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This posting is to alert all members of a possible scammer posting an ad for GT tail lights on Ebay.

I purchased these tail lights on a "Buy-It-Now" offer on Ebay and paid via Paypal. A FedEx tracking number was quickly assigned but FedEx never recorded a pick-up. I contacted the seller and here is his response...

---
sorry about that i sent the it in the mail to day and changed it to faster shipping for you its cost me 30 dollars ill have the new tracking number for you tomorrow morning so it will come faster
---

So he is saying he has already put it in the mail. I did not receive a new tracking number. Here is the following response...

---
ok im going to have to go through ups im upgrading it to overnight fly shipping there picing up the package then ill get the tracking number thanks
---

So he obviously lied when he said it had been mailed. And there has been no new tracking number issued for the UPS shipment. Meanwhile the original FedEX tracking number still shows on my Ebay purchase history tracking info. It has never been picked up and the "Estimated Delivery Date" has been changed to "N/A" for several days.

The seller has now relisted the exact same item, with the exact same pictures starting at the price I paid and a "Buy It Now" price of $600. (The buy it now option has now been removed now that the first bid has been placed). He is claiming this is another set of tail lights but the pics used in my purchase are exactly identical.

Yesterday I sent the seller an Ebay message demanding cancellation and an immediate Paypal refund. As of now I have received no reply.

Today I contacted both Ebay and Paypal regarding this scammer. Inconceivably they both require the original estimated delivery date of July 10th to expire before they can take action. I made clear to both organizations the obvious fraudulent activity. They can see the history of the two listings, the exact same pictures, and the messages we exchanged but are unable to issue my refund until the the failed delivery date. They did however flag the sellers account, whatever that means. I am certain they will issue the refund but it burns me up that this guy has had my money for over a week while trying to sell what I believe is the same pair again for a higher price.

In the mean time there is one outstanding bid on the reposted item at this time. I hope it's not yours...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/198...em43cbc306b1&vxp=mtr
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The response by eBay & PayPal is what I would expect. If a valid (meaning he paid shipping) tracking number was produced, they must wait for proof of no delivery before doing a refund. It will take time, but you'll get sorted. eBay & PayPal are scrupulous if you use the mediation services they provide.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

no2pencil

1523 posts
Member since Oct 2009
Also, note that seller has no feedback within the last 6 months, & all feedback is as a buyer.

I wouldn't give $200+ to this guy. I mean just look at this profile photo.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ebay policy:

"While you establish your selling track record, access to funds from buyer payments may be delayed to promote successful fulfillment. As soon as you meet all of the following criteria, payments from your buyers will generally be available immediately:

It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale;
You've had more than 25 sales transactions with US buyers; and
You've had more than $250 in total sales."

I doubt this guy has met the criteria seeing as how he's only been a member since late February. PayPal will only release funds 3 days after confirmation of delivery, with no pickup info there will be no delivery info so he won't get your money. Even though PayPal has it, you'll get it back, just a PITA to have to wait.

I started selling dew wipes on Ebay for a couple months and they always make me wait for my money til 3 days after confirmation of delivery.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 07-05-2014).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Also, note that seller has no feedback within the last 6 months, & all feedback is as a buyer.

I don't think that pic means anything one way or another. Just a young guy in a pose. His limited feed back has all been positive. I myself had a history as a buyer only for many years until I just started listing Fiero items as a seller within the last few days. Gotta start somewhere. Also I have always been confident that Ebay / Paypal will make good on good faith purchases, stupid seller pics not withstanding. My purpose is to spare any members here of dealing with an unscrupulous seller and avoiding the same hassles as I am having to go through.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

His limited feed back has all been positive.

A grand total of eight feed-backs... all as a buyer, none as a seller.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My purpose is to spare any members here of dealing with an unscrupulous seller and avoiding the same hassles as I am having to go through.

& good on you for sharing it here. Sorry for not saying so earlier
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

A grand total of eight feed-backs... all as a buyer, none as a seller.

At the risk of repeating my self...

I don't think that pic means anything one way or another. Just a young guy in a pose. His limited feed back has all been positive. I myself had a history as a buyer only for many years until I just started listing Fiero items as a seller within the last few days. Gotta start somewhere. Also I have always been confident that Ebay / Paypal will make good on good faith purchases, stupid seller pics not withstanding. My purpose is to spare any members here of dealing with an unscrupulous seller and avoiding the same hassles as I am having to go through.

Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rsvl-Rider

1219 posts
Member since Feb 2014

& good on you for sharing it here. Sorry for not saying so earlier

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

At the risk of repeating my self...

There was no need to. Your previous post is still there.

I was just supplying more info. I'm not suggesting anything one way or another.
PFF
System Bot
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There was no need to. Your previous post is still there.

I was just supplying more info. I'm not suggesting anything one way or another.

Well, since your point was already brought up in a previous post I kinda felt like you were.

------------------
John Wayne as John Bernard Books in The Shootist.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

My rides...
1988 GT with a 3.4L V6 automatic
2006 Harley Sportster
'cause I love the twisties on two wheels or four.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you don't want anybody else to post in a thread you start, just say so.
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you don't want anybody else to post in a thread you start, just say so.

Well, you have already posted in some threads started by this Fiero novice. And up to now I have found them to be helpful and courteous, and I will welcome the benefit of your comments in the future. But in this case I am mystified as to why you would insist on prolonging this by standing by an ill considered comment.

Are you familiar with the phrase "strawman argument"

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Look, I have no idea what your problem is with people's posts and comments in this thread. I wish you the best with your eBay issue. I'm out of here...
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody in the Wausau, Wisconsin area want to try and inspect the tail lights in person?
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Look, I have no idea what your problem is with people's posts and comments in this thread. I wish you the best with your eBay issue. I'm out of here...

In the interest of accuracy and clarity... I had no problem with "peoples" posts in this thread. Only one persons posts. So your comment would imply that I am having issue with multiple posters. I am not.

You implied that I should have been more circumspect in my purchase based on the sellers picture when my only purpose was to alert members to a possible scam. You went on to point out the sellers limited feedback. Why would you do either but to imply that it was my judgement that was the issue. Again my only concern was to be of assistance to the membership. Then you called me out for repeating my comments when you were the one that made the first redundant post regarding the sellers limited feedback as an Ebay seller. I simply responded to that. You also gave me the first stink eye icon in response to that. So I responded in kind. And you're the one that is feeling put out?

But hey, no hard feelings... Have a nice day!
Pilot Abileen

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pilot AbileenSend a Private Message to Pilot AbileenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the description this ass monkey put on ebay of the lights

"hi i have two beautiful fiero tail lights in great condition just see for your self super rare to fined these not to long ago there was a pair on ebay that sold for 799.99 but today is your lucky day my fiero friends you can get theses for only 350.00 thats >.< right 350. so my the best man or woman win and thank you. fiero club of wisconsin"

Fiero Club of Wisconsin, catches my eye... any truth to this? or is he just a wannabe?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In the interest of accuracy and clarity... I had no problem with "peoples" posts in this thread. Only one persons posts. So your comment would imply that I am having issue with multiple posters. I am not.

"In the interest of clarity and accuracy"... I'll step back into this thread for a moment and remind you that no2pencil was the first person whose comments you had a problem with. I apparently was the second.

You implied that I should have been more circumspect in my purchase based on the sellers picture when my only purpose was to alert members to a possible scam. You went on to point out the sellers limited feedback. Why would you do either but to imply that it was my judgement that was the issue. Again my only concern was to be of assistance to the membership.

Paranoid much? I hadn't considered for one second (and certainly wasn't implying) that you had demonstrated poor judgement. As I had stated earlier, I was simply adding to what had already been mentioned... to try to help prevent anyone else from possibly being scammed. I thought that was the whole point of this thread.

Then you called me out for repeating my comments when you were the one that made the first redundant post regarding the sellers limited feedback as an Ebay seller. I simply responded to that. You also gave me the first stink eye icon in response to that.

I couldn't understand why you were repeating a whole paragraph of yours word for word two posts in a row. Called you out? Why would I need to bother? Anyone reading the thread would already be wondering why you were responding in such an odd manner. And what the hell is a "stink-eye"? I used a smiley face to show that I was just joking around with you, as I knew we had previously communicated amicably in several other threads. I had no idea you were now looking for an argument.

But hey, no hard feelings... Have a nice day!

Get stuffed.
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Get stuffed.

Your complete statement is nothing but a self-serving rationalization of your actions.

I was sincere in trying to set the record straight, and in trying to bury the hatchet in a friendly tone, but you just can't leave it alone. I think they call that obsessive/compulsive.

Every one I meet has my respect until they give me reason to withdraw it. Earlier I invited you to continue to contribute your helpful comments to my posts. Please don't feel it necessary to do so in the future.

If you feel another compulsion to respond to this post I suggest you do so in a PM. Let's take it off-line and save the rest of the membership the embarrassment of this comedy of rationalization.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pilot Abileen:

the description this ass monkey put on ebay of the lights

Fiero Club of Wisconsin, catches my eye... any truth to this? or is he just a wannabe?

The description reads that the item ships from Wisconsin. That's all I got.

Perhaps if the op could post the email (including the headers?) he received, we could verify.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your complete statement is nothing but a self-serving rationalization of your actions.

It's not my problem that you apparently have self-esteem issues and totally misconstrued my initial comments in this thread.

I had stated nothing with the intention of shedding a poor light on you. My comments were in regards to the eBay seller, not you.

If that's how you interpreted it, that's quite unfortunate... but before you jump to conclusions and lash out, perhaps get to know people better here first, or maybe ask for some clarification in the future so as to avoid this type of unpleasantry.

I hope you get your money back. Let's just leave it at that.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YEAH....FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

What the hell are we fighting over?
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So.... Anything more on your eBay stuff? Worst case, PayPal will give your money back.
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

YEAH....FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

What the hell are we fighting over?

[This message has been edited by fireboss (edited 07-06-2014).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick, Rider...seriously?

Is this a private bicker, or can we all go off-topic and pick someone to have a word war with?

Rider, let us know the outcome. I am curious if someone in Wisconsin could chime in on this. Curiously, these weren't posted on the forum. Surely, anyone into fieros would be likely to try there. It is also much easier to have a reputation there, because it isn't just buying and selling. I know some things about Rider, for example, although we've never met.
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Patrick, Rider...seriously?

Is this a private bicker, or can we all go off-topic and pick someone to have a word war with?

Rider, let us know the outcome. I am curious if someone in Wisconsin could chime in on this. Curiously, these weren't posted on the forum. Surely, anyone into fieros would be likely to try there. It is also much easier to have a reputation there, because it isn't just buying and selling. I know some things about Rider, for example, although we've never met.

There has been no resolution or contact from anyone, including the seller, regarding this issue. I'm not concerned about ultimately getting my money back. I am confident that Ebay / Paypal will make good. I just hate the thought that they might not be able to get the money back from him. I have no idea if he is reselling my purchase or he actually does have another pair. But he is a proven liar. He twice claimed that he had sent them and never did.

As I am checking now, it appears that he did indeed sell the "second" pair, and at a substantially higher price, so if that was his goal he certainly achieved it.

Someone asked earlier abut the email address of the seller. I may have misspoken. There were no emails exchanged. The items I quoted were from Ebay messages, not emails.

These issues, possibly trying to repost the item to get a higher price, and lying about the shipping, were the reasons that I felt it necessary to post this warning to the membership. The last thing I expected was that it would become an issue where my judgement in making the purchase might be called into question. The fact that it has degenerated to this level is unfortunate.

It is a private bicker. Although I have tried to take this issue with Patrick off-line he seems to prefer the public forum. So be it. His comments offended me from the standpoint that my intent had been lost in the noise of the seller's picture and lack of reputation as a seller. First and foremost it was my desire to alert the membership of a potential scammer. Or at the very least an unscrupulous seller. But in one specific at least, Patrick is correct. In my effort to be as accurate as possible in relating the progression of this idiocy, and during my review of these posted communications, I mistakenly attributed the comment about the seller's picture to Patrick. In truth he had quoted another member and so that quote appeared in his post. My mistake, and I apologize for that mistaken attribution. But no matter. It wasn't until after he took exception to my "repost", and gave me the stink-eye icon in response, that I became offended. Really Patrick, after more than 18 thousand posts you claim you don't know the difference between this one which you claim is a "happy face" and this one which actually is the happy face. Um, yeah. I think we can all tell the difference, and understand the intended message. Even though I was offended by your comments I tried to take the high road. I tried to explain my position you, and then extended a friendly hand - and not for the first time. I previously told you I had no hard feelings and closed that message on an upbeat tone (and with an actual happy face) ! What's the matter Patrick? Don't you know a happy face when you see one? So in response to this you suggested I might be "paranoid" and told me to "get stuffed" Then later you suggested I might have "self-esteem issues". And you accuse me of lashing out?

I'll check back in to this thread and update you guys once my situation with the seller is resolved. My thanks and appreciation to those that tried to keep this message on topic. I think that about covers it for me except to say that I didn't check back into this thread until the link to the video posted by fireboss was dead. Probably for the best...

Oh, one more thing...

Hey tshark... I'm sure it was completely innocent but the last sentence of your post

"I know some things about Rider, for example, although we've never met."

was kinda cryptic... Do we know each other???

GodSend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its is not inconceivable that he would have two pairs. If they were both of the same quality than I also would use the same pictures. I frequently sell boxed items (ipad cases for example) and I get from local warehouse sales. I have 10 of them, I am not going to take 10 separate snaps.

Still, seems a little fishy but who knows, some people are just poor communicators and lazy. Hopefully they show up, otherwise have no fear, paypal will refund.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like I said in an earlier post, for new sellers that have not met the "Ebay criteria for new sellers", PayPal puts a hold on funds and will not release them until 3 days after a confirmed delivery. If you never receive them, PayPal will not give him your money. You just need to wait for the process to happen. If they know you haven't received anything, you'll get a refund.......eventually.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is a private bicker.

Oh really? Is that why you've gone on and on and on about it (and still can't get it right)... four days after we last both posted in this thread? Give it a rest.
BabyEating Dingo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyEating DingoSend a Private Message to BabyEating DingoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe it's shadows but that guy's beret looks ate up as ****. Combined with the douche expression and posing in civvies, I seriously wish I could hand out a wall to wall counseling.
PFF
System Bot
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There has been no resolution or contact from anyone, including the seller, regarding this issue. I'm not concerned about ultimately getting my money back. I am confident that Ebay / Paypal will make good.

good luck with that, tell them to send me my $500 guy from 3800pro took from me, I filed claim with pay-pal and they talked Id have my money back in couple days that being I never received any items,, blah blah blah been few years, still waiting on that $500. Ebay / Paypal done nothing for me...

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a---sold
Northstar Rebuild

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's crooks under every rock - willing to do and say anything to get a Buck!

Been misled on 2 purchases in the last few weeks. One item was definitely NOT what I asked for.
The other item doesn't appear to be working properly (and probably why he sold it).

Instead of throwing out something that's "broken", they sell it to a sap like me on eBay.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post07-10-2014 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Get stuffed.

look Patrick is getting along with another member so well.. shocking
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:nyone, including the seller, regarding this issue. I'm not concerned about ultimately getting my money back. I am confident that Ebay / Paypal will make good. I just hate the thought that they might not be able to get the money back from him.

PayPal has direct access to his banking information. PayPal has not existed for this long without knowing how to get back what is theirs. Once the dispute is opened, they immediately reverse the money & escrow it. The seller then must provide the shipping information. If he has a legit tracking number, they will need to see that it was delivered to your verified shipping address (assuming that you verified your shipping address with PayPal). If not received, the seller has (7 days?) a specific time period of which to respond. If they do not respond, you win the judgement by default.

I've been through this process enough times, on both sides, to say that you will get your money back. & PayPal too.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There has been no resolution or contact from anyone, including the seller, regarding this issue. I'm not concerned about ultimately getting my money back. I am confident that Ebay / Paypal will make good. I just hate the thought that they might not be able to get the money back from him. I have no idea if he is reselling my purchase or he actually does have another pair. But he is a proven liar. He twice claimed that he had sent them and never did.

As I am checking now, it appears that he did indeed sell the "second" pair, and at a substantially higher price, so if that was his goal he certainly achieved it.

Someone asked earlier abut the email address of the seller. I may have misspoken. There were no emails exchanged. The items I quoted were from Ebay messages, not emails.

These issues, possibly trying to repost the item to get a higher price, and lying about the shipping, were the reasons that I felt it necessary to post this warning to the membership. The last thing I expected was that it would become an issue where my judgement in making the purchase might be called into question. The fact that it has degenerated to this level is unfortunate.

It is a private bicker. Although I have tried to take this issue with Patrick off-line he seems to prefer the public forum. So be it. His comments offended me from the standpoint that my intent had been lost in the noise of the seller's picture and lack of reputation as a seller. First and foremost it was my desire to alert the membership of a potential scammer. Or at the very least an unscrupulous seller. But in one specific at least, Patrick is correct. In my effort to be as accurate as possible in relating the progression of this idiocy, and during my review of these posted communications, I mistakenly attributed the comment about the seller's picture to Patrick. In truth he had quoted another member and so that quote appeared in his post. My mistake, and I apologize for that mistaken attribution. But no matter. It wasn't until after he took exception to my "repost", and gave me the stink-eye icon in response, that I became offended. Really Patrick, after more than 18 thousand posts you claim you don't know the difference between this one which you claim is a "happy face" and this one which actually is the happy face. Um, yeah. I think we can all tell the difference, and understand the intended message. Even though I was offended by your comments I tried to take the high road. I tried to explain my position you, and then extended a friendly hand - and not for the first time. I previously told you I had no hard feelings and closed that message on an upbeat tone (and with an actual happy face) ! What's the matter Patrick? Don't you know a happy face when you see one? So in response to this you suggested I might be "paranoid" and told me to "get stuffed" Then later you suggested I might have "self-esteem issues". And you accuse me of lashing out?

I'll check back in to this thread and update you guys once my situation with the seller is resolved. My thanks and appreciation to those that tried to keep this message on topic. I think that about covers it for me except to say that I didn't check back into this thread until the link to the video posted by fireboss was dead. Probably for the best...

Oh, one more thing...

Hey tshark... I'm sure it was completely innocent but the last sentence of your post

"I know some things about Rider, for example, although we've never met."

was kinda cryptic... Do we know each other???

No, we don't know each other. Yes, innocent comment. My point was that everyone on any forum posts something about themself. In reading through posts by a person, you come to know things about them. You all therefore know things about me, also. Without knowing my name, you will encounter others who know things about me. If you were pressed, you could probably come up with where I work and live, the cars I drive, buy, and own, and what types of posts I respond to. I once encountered a person who, when they made a particular comment, I knew who they were, just because of how they said it. People have habits, or patterns. One of they guys on here, for example, quotes a line from John Wayne, which happens to be one of my favorite lines. Another guy has the Detroit iron line, which I also like. Then there's dobey. I don't know who the ogre is, but I think I'd know rogergarrison if I encountered him. Probably jimmys, also.

Yes, it is a private bicker, which spilled over elsewhere.
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PayPal has direct access to his banking information. PayPal has not existed for this long without knowing how to get back what is theirs. Once the dispute is opened, they immediately reverse the money & escrow it. The seller then must provide the shipping information. If he has a legit tracking number, they will need to see that it was delivered to your verified shipping address (assuming that you verified your shipping address with PayPal). If not received, the seller has (7 days?) a specific time period of which to respond. If they do not respond, you win the judgement by default.

I've been through this process enough times, on both sides, to say that you will get your money back. & PayPal too.

but if there is no money in the account you get nothing, the guy closes the account and either no longer accepts paypal ( as i was done) or get account in wife sister brothers name on different bank account.... and you get nothing.

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a---sold
Northstar Rebuild

no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jb1:

but if there is no money in the account you get nothing, the guy closes the account and either no longer accepts paypal ( as i was done) or get account in wife sister brothers name on different bank account.... and you get nothing.

I once had a customer file a complaint & I had less in PayPal than the amount that was in question, they pushed the account to a negative balance & actually pulled money from the attached bank account.

So lets assume he closed his PayPal account, having entered into a financial contract with PayPal & with the eBay sale, they will still pull money from his bank account.

So lets assume he closed the bank account too. They will contact the bank & it will come up as theft. To which the bank (most likely has his actual information), will file with a collections agency. If he doesn't pay that, a lien is placed on anything he owns.

Want to assume he didn't provide his actual information? He's not going to run a $700 scam if he's this good.

As I sated before, PayPal doesn't exist this long being effected by this low-money type of scam. If they were susceptible to it, thousands of people would do it & they would have closed up shop years ago.

& as for the sister's brothers scenario, there is nothing from the customer side that can be done about that. Why even worry about it? If he filed his PayPal with their information there is no way of knowing that upfront, & there is no way of correcting it. That's his family issue, & not really relevant (imo).

[This message has been edited by no2pencil (edited 07-10-2014).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

look Patrick is getting along with another member so well.. shocking

Says the guy with the most red in his rating bar this side of Uhlanstan. Thanks for your input.
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh really? Is that why you've gone on and on and on about it (and still can't get it right)... four days after we last both posted in this thread? Give it a rest.

You conveniently omitted the next line where I said...

"Although I have tried to take this issue with Patrick off-line he seems to prefer the public forum. So be it."

As far as "getting it right"... I did make a mistake. And I admitted that mistake and apologized for it publicly in this thread. Meanwhile all you can hope to do is to continue to misdirect the conversation with personal insults while sidestepping the real issue.

That seems to be the difference between us doesn't it?

Oh, and I don't believe there is a time limit for posting a reply. Has it been four days? I haven't been keeping track. But it sounds like you have. And while I do check into the forum from time to time to check on items I have posted for sale I do not live here. It's not my whole life.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock