Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Ebay scammer "88 fiero tail lights" Urgent (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ebay scammer "88 fiero tail lights" Urgent by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 07-05-2014 05:21 PM
Replies: 46 (1840 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 08-02-2014 04:42 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2014 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

You conveniently omitted the next line where I said...

"Although I have tried to take this issue with Patrick off-line he seems to prefer the public forum. So be it."

As far as "getting it right"... I did make a mistake. And I admitted that mistake and apologized for it publicly in this thread. Meanwhile all you can hope to do is to continue to misdirect the conversation with personal insults while sidestepping the real issue.

That seems to be the difference between us doesn't it?

Oh, and I don't believe there is a time limit for posting a reply. Has it been four days? I haven't been keeping track. But it sounds like you have. And while I do check into the forum from time to time to check on items I have posted for sale I do not live here. It's not my whole life.

Are you still going on and on about this?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-12-2014).]

IP: Logged
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2014 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

No, we don't know each other. Yes, innocent comment. My point was that everyone on any forum posts something about themself. In reading through posts by a person, you come to know things about them. You all therefore know things about me, also. Without knowing my name, you will encounter others who know things about me. If you were pressed, you could probably come up with where I work and live, the cars I drive, buy, and own, and what types of posts I respond to. I once encountered a person who, when they made a particular comment, I knew who they were, just because of how they said it. People have habits, or patterns. One of they guys on here, for example, quotes a line from John Wayne, which happens to be one of my favorite lines. Another guy has the Detroit iron line, which I also like. Then there's dobey. I don't know who the ogre is, but I think I'd know rogergarrison if I encountered him. Probably jimmys, also.

Yes, it is a private bicker, which spilled over elsewhere.

Hi tshark,

You're right. You can learn a lot about a person from the way he post and respond to posts. I suppose many here will judge me in one way or another for my comments in this post, or even for continuing to respond to some of them. Although this particular issue does not define me - I'm OK with that. There is a certain anonymity to a forum such as this but I believe a man must stand up for himself. It's a matter of self-respect.
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2014 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your good....

so any updates on the tail lights?
Tooshea

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2014 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToosheaSend a Private Message to ToosheaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ebay and I have a "Love Hate Relationship".. Sometimes I get deals and everything goes flawlessly..then times like these when you buy an item you think its all good then you get the "Oh shyte, I think I've just been scammed" feeling after you receive a wierd responce from the seller or it takes days before you recieve the tracking number. Its like the poster up above said, the seller wont get any monies for several days.. Let the dust settle a little bit.. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it all works out for the best.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any update?
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

Any update?

Yep It's all done and I've got my money back. Got notified a few days ago that they had completed their assessment of the situation and found in my favor.

I just checked his feedback and found that the other party that bought and paid for the "other" pair of identical tail lights left feedback that he had paid, but the tail lights had never been shipped and the seller would not communicate with him. Ebay refunded him as well. Very similar to my experience except that he flat out lied to me by telling me twice that they had been shipped, and by different carriers no less.

So it seems he was a scammer after all. Which by the way was the only purpose of my posting this warning to the Fiero community that has helped me so much.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2014 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:
So it seems he was a scammer after all. Which by the way was the only purpose of my posting this warning to the Fiero community that has helped me so much.

Thank you! We appreciate it.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-02-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay