Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Official: 5th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Official: 5th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show by Danyel
Started on: 01-10-2014 07:03 PM
Replies: 350 (7233 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-28-2014 08:07 PM
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still a great story. Several of us have sent messages to Boyd, inviting him back for the 5th. As far as I know he has made some positive responses but not a firm commitment. I think we should encourage him to attend by sending welcoming messages to KARE 11 and his FaceBook page.....someone have his home phone number, email address?
IP: Logged
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lady's and gentlemen. I have come here today to regrettably inform you that my ugly mug will not be stealing the show again this year, as we are unable to make it.

We've been hit with the most ridiculous string of bad luck I've ever personally experienced in the last few weeks which has in turn made our plans to attend this year a financial impossibility.

I hope the show is a bigger success than years prior and that everyone has a blast. Drink one for me!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn... was really looking forward to seeing you 2 again I hope the luck changes for the better and it all works out. Trust me, I will have a drink for you..... probably more

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

Lady's and gentlemen. I have come here today to regrettably inform you that my ugly mug will not be stealing the show again this year, as we are unable to make it.

We've been hit with the most ridiculous string of bad luck I've ever personally experienced in the last few weeks which has in turn made our plans to attend this year a financial impossibility.

I hope the show is a bigger success than years prior and that everyone has a blast. Drink one for me!

Shute that stinks.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just 2 weeks away! So looking forward to this years family reunion!
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Just 2 weeks away! So looking forward to this years family reunion!

That's the most accurate description for this event that I have ever seen.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes just two weeks from now the Thursday Caravan will be at Camp Shipman setting up our tents and making an Amish Cookie order.

Join us.

Thursday Caravan

Group from Chicago Area - Meet at Road Ranger 7500 E Riverside Blvd Loves Park IL 6am
- cornersonrails
- mrfred8 / zmcdonal

Meet up with everyone else at Super America 13820 Grove Dr Maple Grove, MN 55311 at 12:30 PM
- 1984Whitesc / JohnWPB
- Vernon8360
- Synthesis / IslandCat
- Rarew66 / Annette
- seajai

Quick stop around 1:45pm at JP's 1313 2nd St N, Sauk Rapids, MN 56379 to pick up
- Mr and Mrs. Kev & Lisa

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 07-10-2014).]

cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I knew it would be to good to be true. I broke welds off on my cradle that holds the rear tie-rod end. There is no way for me with my schedule to drop the cradle and deal with it. I will be coming up with out my car this year

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:
I will be coming up with out my car this year

Ouch, sorry to hear that.... However what's in bold is the important part

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

Well I knew it would be to good to be true. I broke welds off on my cradle that holds the rear tie-rod end. There is no way for me with my schedule to drop the cradle and deal with it. I will be coming up with out my car this year

So sorry to hear that, especially with the mad scramble you had to go thru last year. If you want to trailer my 88GT up you are welcome to drive it for the weekend.

cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ouch, sorry to hear that.... However what's in bold is the important part

Thanks John. In the big picture this is so petty and things could be a lot worse. Luckily when it decided to snap i was backing out of the driveway. I really do have a great time while I am there and to see all my Fiero friends again is great.

Originally posted by mrfred8:

So sorry to hear that, especially with the mad scramble you had to go thru last year. If you want to trailer my 88GT up you are welcome to drive it for the weekend.

Thanks Jeff. It would be really nice to have a car to drive in the parade. . Plus if your 3800 breaks down we will have a trailer. Let's figure this out.
PFF
System Bot
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cornersonrails

788 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

So sorry to here this Bob.

[This message has been edited by cornersonrails (edited 07-10-2014).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The website just got a face lift !!! I am officially announcing that the Show site and Tylerstoy.com will merge into one ..... presently the car show site is complete tylerstoy.com will merge into it soon ..... take a look and please all you suggestions will be considered

http://www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com/

regards
Danyel
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Danyel! Very clean and professional looking.

Will TylersToy.com domain name remain active, and forward to TylerShipmanMemorialCarShow.com? It is a little easier to give that one out to people when asking someone to check out the site
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

The website just got a face lift !!! I am officially announcing that the Show site and Tylerstoy.com will merge into one ..... presently the car show site is complete tylerstoy.com will merge into it soon ..... take a look and please all you suggestions will be considered

regards
Danyel

Looks pretty good. Checked it out on both desktop and mobile browsers. You should just 301 redirect tylerstoy.com to the show site so google SEO stays happy.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking good Danyel! Very clean and professional looking.

Will TylersToy.com domain name remain active, and forward to TylerShipmanMemorialCarShow.com? It is a little easier to give that one out to people when asking someone to check out the site

yes www.tylerstoy.com will redirect to the site .....
regards
Danyel

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 07-11-2014).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

regards
Danyel

I like it, very nice! Looks like vids give me a frowny face is that on my end?
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good job! Looking forward to adding to it.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I like it, very nice! Looks like vids give me a frowny face is that on my end?

My end is the same........ click twice the menu pics and vids not a quick double click just twice .... hidden video
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2014 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am wondering is anyone having a hard time watching the videos on the memorial site? Serms like Weebly site is restricting the data flow.....
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2014 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am wondering is anyone having a hard time watching the videos on the memorial site? Seres like Weebly site is restricting the data flow.....
Danyel

They seem to be working good.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2014 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2014 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FRIDAY CARAVAN update

It looks like RAREW66 and Annette will be joining the Friday caravan due to obligations on Thursday in Iowa.
This is the updated list of Friday caravaners, did I forget anyone? Anyone else is welcome to come along or join in along the way
:

- GTGeff
- infinitewill
- 2.5's wife
- 85SliverGT
- Rarew66 / Annette

I had a chance to talk to a few of the caravaners and we are thinking of meeting at this point (below) which is a block From GTGeffs home. It sounds like most can arrive by 12:30, does a depart time of 1pm sound ok? That should give infinitewill enough time. It doesnt sound like we will need to stop at JPs but will be able to go straight up to Frazee except for a gas or restroom stop.

This location is a parking lot large enough for RAREW66's trailer.

16200 Berger Dr
Eden Prairie, MN 55347

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-14-2014).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2014 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2014 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Sweet is that a photoshop filter? Looks cool.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-14-2014).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Eight days till the greatest weekend of the year happens!
I say weekend, but I really mean Thurs-Sun...

So Excited!
So much work yet to do!
Can't wait!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

I say weekend, but I really mean Thurs-Sun...

Yeah, it really needs to be a week or more . For the 10th in 5 years, I am guessing we will all show up about July 4th. What do you think Nellie, can you put up with us? We will help collect the eggs.

nellieship

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Yeah, it really needs to be a week or more . For the 10th in 5 years, I am guessing we will all show up about July 4th. What do you think Nellie, can you put up with us? We will help collect the eggs.

if you show up on the 4th you would have to do much more than collect eggs - you would have to mow the lawn, clean the house/garage and fetch my drinks
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

if you show up on the 4th you would have to do much more than collect eggs - you would have to mow the lawn, clean the house/garage and fetch my drinks

hahahahahaha good one he walked right into it.... WAITER !!!! one cold one please
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

No problem.... I can get Cassie to collect the eggs for me, Get Carter to mow the grass for me, get Jay to straighten up the garage, and I will gladly bring you your drinks...... I can just not guarantee in any way that they will arrive with anything left in them

I am getting so stoked for the trip and seeing everyone again. I called poor Andrew yesterday, and got his voice mail. I left a voice mail something like "Andrew... been trying to get ahold of you! It's Tuesday afternoon and I am still at the airport.... where are you?.... Do me a favor, relax, it's NEXT Tuesday, still a week away... give me a call back when you get a chance"

Current Times and Meet Locations for Thursday & Friday Caravans:

Thursday Caravan

6am Group from Chicago Area - Meet at Road Ranger 7500 E Riverside Blvd Loves Park,IL
- cornersonrails
- fieroguy123 / Stephanie
- mrfred8 / zmcdonal

12:30 PM - Meet up with everyone else at Super America 13820 Grove Dr Maple Grove, MN 55311
- 1984Whitesc / JohnWPB
- Vernon8360
- Synthesis / IslandCat
- Rarew66 / Annette
- seajai

1:45pm Quick stop around JP's 1313 2nd St N, Sauk Rapids, MN 56379 to pick up
- Kev / Lisa

Friday Caravan

- GTGeff
- infinitewill
- 2.5's wife
- 85SliverGT
- Rarew66 / Annette

------------------

If anyone wants a RPO sheet reproduced, or reproduction stickers, and are going to the show, order them at the link in my signature, I will bring them with me, and hand deliver them

High Quality Fiero Reproduction Stickers are Available in THIS THREAD IN THE MALL.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-16-2014).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
unfortunately we lost a couple for the Thursday Caravan

Thursday Caravan

6am Group from Chicago Area - Meet at Road Ranger 7500 E Riverside Blvd Loves Park,IL
- cornersonrails
- mrfred8 / zmcdonal

12:30 PM - Meet up with everyone else at Super America 13820 Grove Dr Maple Grove, MN 55311
- 1984Whitesc / JohnWPB
- Vernon8360
- Synthesis / IslandCat
- seajai

1:45pm Quick stop around JP's 1313 2nd St N, Sauk Rapids, MN 56379 to pick up
- Kev / Lisa

Also Kev. they are doing construction around JP's, dont know if you want to find another meeting spot. Here is an update from July 11th, so who knows things could have changed since then.

Oosky Aéruviel: its just right on the road that JP's is on. golden spike road. you cant get off of that road onto 10 going south but we'd be going north anyways, you can still get to the road and everything its just like a weird way they made the detours while they're working on the exit ramp lol not very fiero friendly but you CAN drive on it XD
July 11 at 10:54am
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be on the side of the road in Perham to join the thursday and also the friday caravan can anyone text or email me when they are 15 minutes out??

We are leaving Levis at 02:00 am on Tuesday and will be in Sault Ste-Marie at around 16:00 Tuesday. Leaving Sault Ste Marie 08:00 Wednesday to be in Deluth Mn 14:00 hrs.
Leaving Deluth 08:00 to be in Perham at 11:00 am ..... so we should be able to join the caravans .....

Danyel
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am getting so stoked for the trip and seeing everyone again. I called poor Andrew yesterday, and got his voice mail. I left a voice mail something like "Andrew... been trying to get ahold of you! It's Tuesday afternoon and I am still at the airport.... where are you?.... Do me a favor, relax, it's NEXT Tuesday, still a week away... give me a call back when you get a chance"

I must admit that did give me a scare.

------------------

1984 White Fiero Sport Coupe (Juliet) in restoration
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089093.html
1988 Red Fiero Standard Coupe (Bella) in restoration
1990 Black Buick Reatta (Noir)
2002 White Chevy Impala base(Haylie)

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A fellow "dance mom" who is an amazing photographer as well as print framer and artist, donated this for our "raffle" at my house. I know this isn't going to appeal to everyone - really only to the people in the picture probably - so I think we will raffle this separate from the rest of the "stuff" which now also includes a couple slave cylinders from Rodney D. I got a little teary eyed when I saw it so thought I would share

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is slightly off topic but today is Tyler's 23rd birthday. For those of you who don't "know me" on Facebook I wanted to share a little video thing I made. My post on Facebook reads as this: Today is Tyler's 23rd birthday and I am so grateful I got to be the mom of this awesome boy and I miss him every single day. Because this world is so much bigger than just us and our loss, to celebrate Tyler's life today I took a couple hours off work and gave blood to maybe help someone else who is hurting and sick. If you are Tyler's friends or family, take a few minutes today to do something for another person.... carry someone's groceries, call and wish a friend or neighbor a good day, drop a couple dollars in a donation bucket - whatever works for you. Today I am celebrating a life well lived and to brighten someone else's day is a perfect way to do that.

So I encourage you to find a way today to do something nice for someone else - say its from Tyler

https://www.youtube.com/wat...LQw&feature=youtu.be

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for that. Nice vid!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-18-2014).]

seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was there going to be a lunch stop somewhere along the way on Thursday? Or should I lunch before the noon-thirty meet up in Maple Grove? Just curious.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2014 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those of us coming from Chicago will probably try to grab something quick at or near the stop. There seem to be quite a few restaurants right there.

http://www.mapquest.com/?ve...3682f6ba21acbaf761fa
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to try to get there a bit early to grab a leisurely bite to eat either there or near by.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page