Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Official: 5th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Official: 5th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show by Danyel
Started on: 01-10-2014 07:03 PM
Replies: 350 (7233 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-28-2014 08:07 PM
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We're talking very seriously about coming this year.
IP: Logged
VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

Keep talking and get it done
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing left to talk about. You know if you don't make plans and go, you'll be kicking yourself in August. This is NOT the year to miss.
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Nothing left to talk about. You know if you don't make plans and go, you'll be kicking yourself in August. This is NOT the year to miss.

Are you coming this year Art?

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm considering taking the trip. This would be a graduation present from me to my boys. A road trip is the best bonding you can ever do in my opinion. Not sure what to expect but I guess I will bring a tent and see what happens.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

I'm considering taking the trip. This would be a graduation present from me to my boys. A road trip is the best bonding you can ever do in my opinion. Not sure what to expect but I guess I will bring a tent and see what happens.

Jason, you and your boys will have a great time, this is unlike any other car show. If you have any questions I will be at the Power Tour in Crown Point, ask away. I have been to the last two. Keep watching this thread as caravans will start getting planned pretty soon. I believe there are a few people coming from your direction.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 06-07-2014).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DO IT!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
Hard to believe its been 5 years

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-07-2014).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

Are you coming this year Art?

I wouldn't miss it. Made my reservations last November. We'll join the Thursday caravan.....save a couple of seats in the shade.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man this is almost around the corner ... final preps being done.... wife and I cant wait to meet up with the gang !!!
Danyel
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

STOP talking, and start planning!

I wouldn't miss this for the world. This year will be my 6th time to Frazee. I have met more friends and extended family in this little small town, in the past few years, that I have elsewhere in the rest of my life. It all started during the worst of times, but making those times as good as they could possibly be. It continues as a remembrance, and helps to fund an amazing cause.

I will be getting into MSP on Tuesday around noon, and spending a couple days visiting Andrew in the cities. Where and when is the Twin Cities caravan for Thursday going to meet? I will be riding with Andrew, and leaving from Woodbury (South East side of the city off of I-494).

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 06-08-2014).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ha! I'm trying to figure out how to get there with 2 kids, leaving Friday after work and being back for work on Monday. Originally, was just me, but now my wife's schedule has changed, and she is working.

12 hours driving each way--plus pit stops--doesn't leave much time...
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Ha! I'm trying to figure out how to get there with 2 kids, leaving Friday after work and being back for work on Monday. Originally, was just me, but now my wife's schedule has changed, and she is working.

12 hours driving each way--plus pit stops--doesn't leave much time...

It's still over a month away.... is there any way you can take that Friday off / get someone to cover for you or at least take a half day? Kids will be out of school, so that shouldn't be a problem at least That would really give you TONS more time. Most people leave Sunday morning, giving you plenty of time to get back home, and even get a full nights sleep for work on Monday.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 06-08-2014).]

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be in spending the night in Wayzata, MN on Wednesday. I'll join Thursday's caravan either in the Twin Citys area or Sauk Rapids. Just let me know where and when. This is NOT an experience to be missed.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still catching up from being in Malaysia all last month. My eldest is 4.

It may not work this year, but there are so many people who will be in Frazee that I'd like to meet. I'm not sure there will be a Fierorama this year, or that these people will be there, but that would be easier to make.

Either one would be my first big Fiero event.

The Tyler Shipmann story is special to me, due to the recent loss of my nephew, who was 17, but died unexpectedly.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 06-08-2014).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Still catching up from being in Malaysia all last month. My eldest is 4.

It may not work this year, but there are so many people who will be in Frazee that I'd like to meet. I'm not sure there will be a Fierorama this year, or that these people will be there, but that would be easier to make.

Either one would be my first big Fiero event.

The Tyler Shipmann story is special to me, due to the recent loss of my nephew, who was 17, but died unexpectedly.

Yes there will be a Fierorama (as well as a Heartland Show in Davenport IA) and there is an overlap in some people, but each show is unique. The Shipman show needs to be experienced!!! Its a long drive and more of time commitment for you but if you can find a way to swing it, I guarantee you will have a good time and meet some great people.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 06-08-2014).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm. All the Fierorama info shows is 9/7/13.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmm. All the Fierorama info shows is 9/7/13.

Not sure where you are seeing that. but I don't do the website. Here is the page on Fierofocus.com

http://fierofocus.com/fierorama_2010.html "This year's Fierorama will be our 19th annual event! Fierorama will be taking place on Sunday,
September 7, 2014" Its every year the Sunday after Labor Day. This years theme is "Back to the 80's". Message me if you want anymore info about any of the Midwest Shows, so we don't derail this thread anymore .

---------------
Jeff Jones
Activity Director
Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the ability to live-stream from the show in Frazee, offering up interviews on cars and participants...

Viewers would also have the ability to make donations to the show via Paypal, and possibly credit card if they so chose.

Anyone who can't make it this year interested in something like this?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

I have the ability to live-stream from the show in Frazee, offering up interviews on cars and participants...

Viewers would also have the ability to make donations to the show via Paypal, and possibly credit card if they so chose.

Thats very cool
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YEPP Paypal and C/C donations would be a good thing to have ... Daneele Shipman now has a Paypal account so all can be hooked up and directly deposited there... I am presently redoing tyerstoy.com to be html5 / mobile compatible and maybe insert a direct link there too .... lookin forward seeing you Frazee.
Danyel

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 06-10-2014).]

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The biggest complication for us is finding a Fiero to drive up there in. I am in the market for a car but we obviously don't have much time to find what I'm looking for and within the price range that I have to work with. Its a 50/50 chance at this point.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The biggest complication for us is finding a Fiero to drive up there in. I am in the market for a car but we obviously don't have much time to find what I'm looking for and within the price range that I have to work with. Its a 50/50 chance at this point.

Bring whatever you got, doesn't have to be a Fiero. From the flyer: "Open to all Makes, Models, Years. If it has wheels, its welcome." Quite a few people come with their daily drivers, its about the people more then the cars.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 06-10-2014).]

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Bring whatever you got, doesn't have to be a Fiero. From the flyer: "Open to all Makes, Models, Years. If it has wheels, its welcome." Quite a few people come with their daily drivers, its about the people more then the cars.

I'm aware that driving my pos ford focus "gas saver" is an option as my last resort, but it definitely doesn't have the same appeal that driving a Fiero up there again would have. My wife and I were part of the original build team and showing up in anything other than one of our beloved little cars just doesn't seem like it would feel right. Ya know?

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm aware that driving my pos ford focus "gas saver" is an option as my last resort, but it definitely doesn't have the same appeal that driving a Fiero up there again would have. My wife and I were part of the original build team and showing up in anything other than one of our beloved little cars just doesn't seem like it would feel right. Ya know?

I know I have been to two shows one with Fiero and one without. It is different having a Fiero.

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yup, it don`t have to be a Fiero to show up, or show for that matter.

Couple guys last year showed up in rental cars, AND entered them in the show.

It is your presence that matters most of all. Like you said, you were one of the build team in Nov 2009, so everyone would be more then happy to see you again.

Including me
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dang. Rent a Fiero...and enter it! Then, get pictures of yourself with the car and each of the Fiero people.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fieroguy123.....easy solution: drive the Ford Focus, bring your family and put a sign in the window: "My Real Car is a Fiero!" Come for the event. This one is about the people and not the cars. So get your butt and your wife's butt ( and I mean that in only the most flattering way ) to Frazee and enjoy the celebration!

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Vernon8360

1106 posts
Member since Feb 2008

Oh man! Does this mean we have to shower and shave?

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yup, it don`t have to be a Fiero to show up, or show for that matter.

Couple guys last year showed up in rental cars, AND entered them in the show.

It is your presence that matters most of all. Like you said, you were one of the build team in Nov 2009, so everyone would be more then happy to see you again.

Including me

Viking.......... We'll see you in July!

Now somebody rent me your Fiero for 3 days. lol

[This message has been edited by fieroguy123 (edited 06-10-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

I know I have been to two shows one with Fiero and one without. It is different having a Fiero.

Not that the brand new convertible Camaro was a bad thing, heck it even came with 2 pounds of free beef jerkey!

@FieroGuy123: Will be good to see you and your wife again! Don't worry about what you are driving, I am actually bringing a Boeing 737-800 Oh! If you decide to tint any windows while you are in Frazee, I promise to keep DIY Stu away from them LOL!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 06-10-2014).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:....... I promise to keep DIY Stu away from them LOL!

If I'm right that wont be an issue ,,, Stu told me he couldn't be there ....

Danyel

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Danyel

John is probably not giving up that easy on getting Stu there.

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

The real worry is with Danyel and John there, is the whereabouts of the keys........................

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The real worry is with Danyel and John there, is the whereabouts of the keys........................

Keys ??? what keys
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I make it one of these years, someone's gonna have to tell me about this keys story.

I'd rent my Fiero, but wouldn't trust the tires for a 12-hour drive. Tread good. Age bad.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Viking.......... We'll see you in July!

Now somebody rent me your Fiero for 3 days. lol

we got some extras laying around lol. actually i am always looking for a driver for mine or cassies... they ain't the toy but mine is kinda fun to drive with a V6 manual. hey... ii think i even laid a little rubber last year

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

,,, Stu told me he couldn't be there ....

Danyel

What?
More details, what can we do to help?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-11-2014).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Oh man! Does this mean we have to shower and shave?

Psh.. Like we do that anyway at Camp Shipman.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock