Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Official: 5th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Official: 5th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show by Danyel
Started on: 01-10-2014 07:03 PM
Replies: 350 (7233 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-28-2014 08:07 PM
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2014 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

''I would love to see as many people from the original build and motor swap as possible at the show this year. I would like to recognize your great efforts and work making Tyler's last days so full of joy at the show this year and have a group photo. If you know of anyone from the build or swap who is not on PFF, please reach out to them.''

Hi my fellow Fiero fanatics sorry I have been so SILENT lately. My kids are literally running me ragged. I am hoping to get a new flyer for this year done within the next couple weeks and will post on here and the web site. if anyone is interested and can pass along to fellow car clubs please PM me and I will email to you.

As usual Camp Shipman is open for business on a first come first park basis - although I highly doubt real estate will be in so in demand you should worry about a spot. I'm working with Chris Lewis on a new tshirt design. Once that is done it will be important to PREORDER. I got hung with quite a few shirts last year so I probably will not be ordering as many extra. Don't miss out If you preregister your car and PREPAY your shirt is 10.00 versus 12.00 the day before or of the show.

I am looking for show sponsors, so if you own a business and would be interested in that please PM me.

We will have our traditional Fiero Feast Friday night - not sure what is on the menu yet. $5.00/person donation if you dont mind to help offset some of the food costs. This seems to get bigger ever year

Saturday - we had a scenic cruise last year - other than my getting lost - yes that is not a typo I got lost in my own backyard so feel free to yuck it up - I think it went well. I think we will plan for same type of thing Saturday again, with a stop for supper at Billy's Bar if they are in agreement with that. This is where we had dinner the night before the build with Tyler so it is fitting. It would be a pay for your own tab sort of thing.

I am going to do away with door prizes at the car show itself... it just has gotten to be both difficult and expensive unfortunately and I have to look at cost effectiveness of how money is spent with the bottom line being we are trying to raise money for scholarships. Looking at doing a 50/50 raffle instead (50% money goes to winner/50% money goes to scholarship). However, we will still do the raffle at my house - usually I can get some car stuff donated and I'll do my best to get a Fiero quilt done (last year for that - then it is by order only). Anyone willing to donate items for that please PM me.

That's it for now. Looking forward to see old and new friends. It is bittersweet looking at a 5 year milemarker. I never thought there would be a 2nd car show let along a 5th and last year we literally ran out of parking!! To say Tyler would be proud of his fellow Fieroheads is an understatement. I love you guys and gals and so much appreciate your continued support of Tyler's scholarship fund as well as your continued friendship with us as we strive to keep Tyler's memory alive.

Much love and see you all SOON!

------------------

Tylers Memorial Car Show Website

Tylers Toy Build Website

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 06-17-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2014 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there, as I have a long ways to travel

Will the Infamous Fiero from the "North Country" make the trip this year?
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2014 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

I will be there, as I have a long ways to travel

Will the Infamous Fiero from the "North Country" make the trip this year?

Yep she'll be a trailer queen to a nearby members house ......
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2014 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Yep she'll be a trailer queen to a nearby members house ......

As long as she makes it !!!

I have waited 5 years now to see it.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2014 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there as well! Not sure what I will be driving, but I will be there

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 shipped to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2014 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would not miss it.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 01-10-2014).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2014 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

As long as she makes it !!!

I have waited 5 years now to see it.

Yep it will be her last year.... the search for a rolling chasis continues
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can count me in for my 6th trip to Frazee! (As long as it warms up by show time! ! ! ! !) I will again be camping at the Shipman's. I will prob ably arrive a day or two early, and visiting Andrew before caravaning up to Frazee. Space permitting I will be riding up with them, or possibly renting a car. Lots of time to iron out the details yet

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been planning this return trip to Frazee since attending the 2nd Annual in 2011. Reservations have been made. I'm looking forward to the trip, the caravan, Fiero friends and especially the hospitality of both the Shipman family and the town of Frazee. Now, where did I leave those keys?

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm.... I've planned on making it up there eventually.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Now, where did I leave those keys?

Check with Danyel, he's the one that took them last time
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Check with Danyel, he's the one that took them last time

Keys ???? What keys ???.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi my fellow Fiero fanatics sorry I have been so SILENT lately. My kids are literally running me ragged. I am hoping to get a new flyer for this year done within the next couple weeks and will post on here and the web site. if anyone is interested and can pass along to fellow car clubs please PM me and I will email to you.

As usual Camp Shipman is open for business on a first come first park basis - although I highly doubt real estate will be in so in demand you should worry about a spot. I'm working with Chris Lewis on a new tshirt design. Once that is done it will be important to PREORDER. I got hung with quite a few shirts last year so I probably will not be ordering as many extra. Don't miss out If you preregister your car and PREPAY your shirt is 10.00 versus 12.00 the day before or of the show.

I am looking for show sponsors, so if you own a business and would be interested in that please PM me.

We will have our traditional Fiero Feast Friday night - not sure what is on the menu yet. $5.00/person donation if you dont mind to help offset some of the food costs. This seems to get bigger ever year

Saturday - we had a scenic cruise last year - other than my getting lost - yes that is not a typo I got lost in my own backyard so feel free to yuck it up - I think it went well. I think we will plan for same type of thing Saturday again, with a stop for supper at Billy's Bar if they are in agreement with that. This is where we had dinner the night before the build with Tyler so it is fitting. It would be a pay for your own tab sort of thing.

I am going to do away with door prizes at the car show itself... it just has gotten to be both difficult and expensive unfortunately and I have to look at cost effectiveness of how money is spent with the bottom line being we are trying to raise money for scholarships. Looking at doing a 50/50 raffle instead (50% money goes to winner/50% money goes to scholarship). However, we will still do the raffle at my house - usually I can get some car stuff donated and I'll do my best to get a Fiero quilt done (last year for that - then it is by order only). Anyone willing to donate items for that please PM me.

That's it for now. Looking forward to see old and new friends. It is bittersweet looking at a 5 year milemarker. I never thought there would be a 2nd car show let along a 5th and last year we literally ran out of parking!! To say Tyler would be proud of his fellow Fieroheads is an understatement. I love you guys and gals and so much appreciate your continued support of Tyler's scholarship fund as well as your continued friendship with us as we strive to keep Tyler's memory alive.

Much love and see you all SOON!

------------------

http://www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com/]Tylers Annual Car Show

http://www.tylerstoy.com]Tylers Toy

conan469

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for conan469Click Here to visit conan469's HomePageSend a Private Message to conan469Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.tylershipmanmemo...rshow.com/index.html

actual link

hope the turn out is great.
there is no way i can make it

[This message has been edited by conan469 (edited 01-31-2014).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All the folks that really wanted to make it previously but something got in the way, this is the year man!
5th annual!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007
A taste of the 2013 show..

I enjoy so much about this event, the people, the fun, hanging out at Camp Shipman, the show itself is actually the icing on the cake! Oh and Fieros in the parade the next day, even more icing!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-31-2014).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship: I never thought there would be a 2nd car show let along a 5th and last year we literally ran out of parking!!

I tried to be resourceful, and moved some parking cones (Ever so slightly ) to make more parking.... and it worked. Till the police (Mike specifically) came along and said NO NO NO! LOL. I never did find out if you got in any hot water for that, I sure hope not! Hopefully they will give you the other end of the street as well this year!

I have a couple of small things I will bring with me to donate for the raffle at the house. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone again! Oh, I spoke with Paul Vargyas on the phone last week, and he mentioned he is planning to try to attend the show this year.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-31-2014).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

..... Oh, I spoke with Paul Vargyas on the phone last week, and he mentioned he is planning to attend the show this year.

Wowww would really like to meet Paul.... and all others ... hope to see you all there
regards
Danyel
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be doing a presentation about the Shipman show at the next NIFE meeting (Feb 15th) and hopefully will get some more people going from the Chicago area (glad to hear Paul is planning on going).

Originally posted by 2.5:
Oh and Fieros in the parade the next day, even more icing!

This year I am staying for the Parade!

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 01-31-2014).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

I will be doing a presentation about the Shipman show at the next NIFE meeting (Feb 15th) and hopefully will get some more people going from the Chicago area (glad to hear Paul is planning on going).

Sweet
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

My kids are literally running me ragged.

Your kids have been busy being awesome! Good job!

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 02-03-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where should I grab an image of that flyer to print out a bunch?

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i just emailed you the pdf and jpg files to your regular email. lmk if it didn't come across.

Originally posted by 2.5:

Where should I grab an image of that flyer to print out a bunch?

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i just emailed you the pdf and jpg files to your regular email. lmk if it didn't come across.

Can I have the original file for that poster ....... thank you
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just emailed it to you. you know what i ran into the other day in my disastrously unorganized house? my package i mailed to you of stuff from show last year that i had the wrong address on. i guess now you can wait till you get here

Can I have the original file for that poster ....... thank you

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

just emailed it to you. you know what i ran into the other day in my disastrously unorganized house? my package i mailed to you of stuff from show last year that i had the wrong address on. i guess now you can wait till you get here

I KNEW IT !!!!! ha yep will be there to pick it up..... Hélène and I are anxious... can't wait to get there with the Widow and see you guys
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll bet those keys were in that package.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sure hope I can get up to it this year. Won't know until it gets closer, but I am going to try my best. PM on its way to Nellie to prepay for this years shirt! Hope this really goes off well this year!

------------------
My Fiero...

88 Yellow CJB #182 of 1252 formula

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any more problems with keys this year and Danyel, there will be two widows returning to Canada after the show
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any more problems with keys this year and Danyel, there will be two widows returning to Canada after the show

*slaps knee * now thats a good one that I ever heard !!!!! ... no keys will be lost John as long as you stay away from the Toy

edited because of my french

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 02-11-2014).]

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got it thanks!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007

I KNEW IT !!!!! ha yep will be there to pick it up..... Hélène and I are anxious... can't wait to get there with the Widow and see you guys

I will be good to finally see what you've been working on in person
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is the parade the next day (Sunday)?

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the show is on Saturday and the parade is on Sunday.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a pic of a portion of the parade in 2010

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a close up of DIY_Stu's car in the 2012 parade:

A trip to the store last year to get supplies:

Resulting in how Stu's car looked in the same parade, one year and about $80 in Plasti Dip later:
(Jeff: I think you were a little harsh at the last NIFE meeting describing the Plasti-Dip job! )

Sure, it is not perfect, but it is one HUGE improvement! ! ! With a little more time, we could have sanded some of the rough spots and it would have been a LOT better.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that was a major upgrade
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(Jeff: I think you were a little harsh at the last NIFE meeting describing the Plasti-Dip job! )

You are probably right John, I have never been a fan of the flat black look PlastiDip gives you. But I did say it looked better after. The biggest injustice I gave it was not including a good picture of the red stripe, that looks great. I can't wait to see Stu this summer and see how the paint job is holding up. Caravaning with Stu to Frazee last year made me think his Fiero may have the best acceleration of any 2.8 Fiero out there ( but then it could be the driver ).

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 02-20-2014).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are probably right John, I have never been a fan of the flat black look PlastiDip gives you. But I did say it looked better after. The biggest injustice I gave it was not including a good picture of the red stripe, that looks great. I can't wait to see Stu this summer and see how the paint job is holding up. Caravaning with Stu to Frazee last year made me think his Fiero may have the best acceleration of any 2.8 Fiero out there ( but then it could be the driver ).

That's because he always leaves his auto in second...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock