next newest topic | next oldest topic
Started on: 09-19-2013 12:06 AM
Replies: 37 (718 views)
Last post by: FieroJuice on 12-03-2015 09:28 AM
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trying to find out how to upload my Avatar to my profile.What is the easist way to do this?Can't seem to get it to upload.Does it have to be done with Pennock's image poster?Thank You...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Easiest way is to load it to a photo site like photobucket or PIP and use the "direct link". Copy the direct link and paste it to the avatar section of your profile. One thing though, I forget for sure but you need the image to be smaller than 70 x 70 pixels if I remember correctly. So if it's bigger you may need to resize it first.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

Easiest way is to load it to a photo site like photobucket or PIP and use the "direct link". Copy the direct link and paste it to the avatar section of your profile. One thing though, I forget for sure but you need the image to be smaller than 70 x 70 pixels if I remember correctly. So if it's bigger you may need to resize it first.

Thank You very much.
Corvus

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CorvusSend a Private Message to CorvusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It can also be bigger than 70x70 and the site will automatically re-size it.

------------------

rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tried one myself.

[This message has been edited by rourke_87_T-Top (edited 09-19-2013).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It worked ....thanks
Fiero_Fastback_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fastback_FreakClick Here to visit Fiero_Fastback_Freak's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero_Fastback_FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mine worked

[This message has been edited by Fiero_Fastback_Freak (edited 09-19-2013).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Corvus:

It can also be bigger than 70x70 and the site will automatically re-size it.

Kewl, I forgot it resized them automatically now. When I joined the forum on the other hand...

Ya'll are most welcome. I'm glad my description helped you get it working . The fun part will be when you all go to change it. Just a hint, the forum chaches the image and after you change it it won't show up on your computer right away. You usually have to close your current browser window and open a new one to see the change. I remember the first time I changed mine. I changed it multiple times and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't take. So I figured I'd mess with it after dinner and exited my browser. When I came back after dinner the new one was showing, LOL.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lets see if i can do this.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 12-28-2014).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Cool It worked.

Thanks!
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've once before but must of done something wrong. Here is another try.

------------------
∇PONTIAC∇

PFF
System Bot
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Imnuts

605 posts
Member since Jun 2013

Originally posted by Imnuts:

I've once before but must of done something wrong. Here is another try.

Shucks a no go I will try tomorrow when I'm more awake. This is what inserted in the avatar line in my profile but it just disappears when ever I hit submit.

https://images.fiero.nl/2012/rudy_2.jpg
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Shucks a no go I will try tomorrow when I'm more awake.

Keep trying!
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
test.......

*edit* never works for me.........

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 12-28-2014).]

wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
test…….

Nope, doesn't work for me either…..dam mac computers

[This message has been edited by wayneman (edited 12-28-2014).]

wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wayneman

188 posts
Member since Jun 2014
test……

dammit!

wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wayneman

188 posts
Member since Jun 2014
test 3…..

Oh well, here's to computer illiteracy

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I did is to use pip and post the pic on this thread. I went back and did edit for my post and it then listed the link to the picture. I copied it then went to my profile and posted that in the avatar section.

And I am not computer savvy. So you should be able to do if this old guy can! LOL

Originally posted by solotwo:

lets see if i can do this.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 12-28-2014).]

Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One more try.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One more try.

wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[url=][/url]

PFF
System Bot
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
one more try
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wayneman

188 posts
Member since Jun 2014
Cross your fingers

S**T!!!

wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wayneman

188 posts
Member since Jun 2014
frustrating
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wayneman

188 posts
Member since Jun 2014
Thank you, please no applause!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wayneman:

Thank you, please no applause!

Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't get mine to work, either.

I post the link into the field on my profile page and submit the change I get the page that says it was successful. But then no avatar shows up and when I go to my profile there's no link saved.

[This message has been edited by Quad Raider (edited 12-29-2014).]

Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Quad Raider

865 posts
Member since Dec 2010

Just a hint, the forum chaches the image and after you change it it won't show up on your computer right away. You usually have to close your current browser window and open a new one to see the change. I remember the first time I changed mine. I changed it multiple times and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't take. So I figured I'd mess with it after dinner and exited my browser. When I came back after dinner the new one was showing, LOL.

Ah, OK. I'll check later.
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a mac....Had to crop picture to 70 x 70 then open the photo in a new tab. Then I copied and pasted the photo to the avatar upload link. Good luck. As you can see it took many,many tries.
Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm using a Windows laptop. I've tried to set an avatar many times over the years and it's never worked. This time I tried using both Chrome and Firefox and still no luck. I also tried closing the browsers.

I'll check again in an hour or so.

[This message has been edited by Quad Raider (edited 12-29-2014).]

Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2014 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Quad Raider

865 posts
Member since Dec 2010
Tried it with my iPad and it's still not working. I give up.
PFF
System Bot
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2014 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wayneman:

I have a mac....Had to crop picture to 70 x 70 then open the photo in a new tab. Then I copied and pasted the photo to the avatar upload link. Good luck. As you can see it took many,many tries.

What he said: Cropping it to 70 or less I think maybe the key. I tried it with a pic 70 x 79 and it would disappear when submitted but then cropped to 70 x 70 and it worked. I used PIP to post it than copied the whole link and pasted it to the avatar upload.
Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2014 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did use a small image, as seen in a previous post, but it still didn't work. I guess some of us just aren't meant to have avatars.
FieroJuice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJuiceSend a Private Message to FieroJuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
MaskJuice
88 Black Formula

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, this is interesting. I saw this old thread reappear, and it reminded me to switch to my "Christmas" avatar. I went through the steps (which I've gone through many times over the years), and the end result is... NO avatar.

Here's the image below, using my PIP link from 2012.

When that didn't work for my avatar, I uploaded the same image again to PIP, and this is it.

But neither will work for my avatar. I'll try again later.

[EDIT] Well, that's weird. I tried something I didn't think was necessary (as I don't think I've had to do this before), and as you can see there is now an avatar.

Instead of using the actual PIP link...

https://images.fiero.nl/2012/Toady_Claus.jpg

I had to use the address that appears when the link is clicked, which is...

http://cliff.hostkansas.com...2012/Toady_Claus.jpg

Strange.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-02-2015).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroJuice:

you mean something like this ....

Its gonna be here a couple of days ... then I will erase from my server...

Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-03-2015 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally figured out my avatar pic!
FieroJuice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2015 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJuiceSend a Private Message to FieroJuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, please.

Originally posted by Danyel:

you mean something like this ....

Its gonna be here a couple of days ... then I will erase from my server...

Danyel

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock