anyone know this car by 86 toy
Started on: 08-25-2013 09:57 PM
Replies: 44 (1276 views)
Last post by: robiwon1 on 09-05-2013 09:14 AM
86 toy

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
found this on craigslist and am thinking about picking it up.. do you guys think its a good deal? has anyone here ever seen it before?

http://utica.craigslist.org/cto/4020018670.html

------------------
--Mark--
Yellow 88 GT 3400 5speed

Need headers? click here!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a big load of BS to me.

I live about a half hour from where the car is listed and this is the first I've ever heard it. Considering that I'm known as the head Fiero nut in this area and get told about any Fiero that is seen i find that surprising.
Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jefrysuko

3491 posts
Member since Apr 2000

I live about a half hour from where the car is listed and this is the first I've ever heard it. Considering that I'm known as the head Fiero nut in this area and get told about any Fiero that is seen i find that surprising.
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the ad is a bit hyped up but if the car is really what he says it is i think its a good deal.. Jefrysuko since your so close would you like to go take a look at the car for me??

------------------
--Mark--
Yellow 88 GT 3400 5speed

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it is a very good price if the engine has been rebuilt right. the engine is pretty dirty but with a little bit of work that can all be cleaned up, paint looks good , not my choice of color, but over all it is a nice car at a fair price,

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a
My Build

n7vrz

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"tires filled with nitrious bc nitrious is a more stable gas then o2"

Adds 40 mph per tire!!!!
Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86 toy:

Jefrysuko since your so close would you like to go take a look at the car for me??

Normally I would jump at the chance to go look at a Fiero for sale but unfortunately i have zero free time for the next couple weeks.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car has popped up on here a half dozen times... Each new post is somewhat more ridiculous than the last.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Says he is in New York not ILL.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

This car has popped up on here a half dozen times... Each new post is somewhat more ridiculous than the last.

That's a huge buzz kill when they say ridiculous things like fiberglass body, frame off restoration....really? How do you remove the frame on a Fiero? I stopped reading at that point.
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Supercharged, forged cammed, forged pistons, methanol injected 3.8L V6 DOHV "3800sc"

DOHV huh?

duel over head valve? O.o what the... ?
PFF
System Bot
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

Supercharged, forged cammed, forged pistons, methanol injected 3.8L V6 DOHV "3800sc"

DOHV huh?

duel over head valve? O.o what the... ?

That is a good one! I missed it

------------------
--Mark--
Yellow 88 GT 3400 5speed

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

That's a huge buzz kill when they say ridiculous things like fiberglass body, frame off restoration....really? How do you remove the frame on a Fiero? I stopped reading at that point.

Didn't you know, you have to "remove the body to swap the engine". You should have kept reading......... What a joke.
KOS

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cant remember when but this has been posted before, maybe even a couple times. Possibly ebay too?
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen this car posted numerious times from several prices from several places. Every time ad changes.
Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

My bad, nope definitely not going to look at this one!
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lot could be true. A few things I found strange is that theres a 'lever' to lift the headlights manually. Mine all had knobs to spin and def takes more than a few seconds. He did a frame off restoration by lifting off the body ???? The body dont come off except in panels. There is no frame in the usual sense. He may have a decent car, but dont know much about it.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tires filled with " nitrious"??? I've heard of filling tires with nitrogen, but not with nitrous oxide. Don't hit a bump too hard, or your tires might explode!
Pontiacguy86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pontiacguy86Send a Private Message to Pontiacguy86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

where do you live? i really do live about a half hour away and its been for sale numerous times on craigslist from 7500-4500. last post before this it needed a clutch. ive never seen it but i might go take a look at it and ill throw a video up or something
Pontiacguy86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pontiacguy86Send a Private Message to Pontiacguy86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pontiacguy86

127 posts
Member since Apr 2012
double post

[This message has been edited by Pontiacguy86 (edited 08-28-2013).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-28-2013 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TopNotch:

Tires filled with " nitrious"??? I've heard of filling tires with nitrogen, but not with nitrous oxide. Don't hit a bump too hard, or your tires might explode!

Yeah, they might laugh themselves apart.
PFF
System Bot
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

A lot could be true. A few things I found strange is that theres a 'lever' to lift the headlights manually. Mine all had knobs to spin and def takes more than a few seconds. He did a frame off restoration by lifting off the body ???? The body dont come off except in panels. There is no frame in the usual sense. He may have a decent car, but dont know much about it.

I really think him no knowing a lot is the case here..I have been texting him and he didn't build the car so I'm pretty sure he don't know much about cars in general but thinks he does.. I'm very interested in it if it is what he said it is in his ad but I kinda wonder with all the bullshit if the car is even done to the standards he implies it to be. I don't want to take a 4 hour ride to look at something that may be a pos..
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86 toy

674 posts
Member since Jan 2011

Originally posted by Pontiacguy86:

where do you live? i really do live about a half hour away and its been for sale numerous times on craigslist from 7500-4500. last post before this it needed a clutch. ive never seen it but i might go take a look at it and ill throw a video up or something

I would love it if you would go take a look at it for me and let me know if its worth it..
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steer clear of this car. Hit up Amir if you want some details. I will see if I can find the for sale thread on PFF.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/063656.html

[This message has been edited by ls3mach (edited 08-28-2013).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Plus it says the body is by "Fisker"...hahahaha
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

Plus it says the body is by "Fisker"...hahahaha

Well, he was one letter off...
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

All speed times have been recorded using a highly accurate race computer and odometer systems on Marco island municipal airport (the private airport within my condo's devolpment).

That's in Florida...
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DOHV hahaha! And 417 to the wheels without IC. Hmmmm.
Outside is clean but under the hood and deck look pretty sloppy to me. I think that says plenty.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Yeah, they might laugh themselves apart.

The rocket engine in the Virgin Galactic "Space Ship 2" is fueled with nitrous oxide and rubber. So putting nitrous oxide in your tires could actually be dangerous.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2013 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The rocket engine in the Virgin Galactic "Space Ship 2" is fueled with nitrous oxide and rubber. So putting nitrous oxide in your tires could actually be dangerous.

At ~30 psi, there won't be enough pressure, and there won't be an ignition source. They aren't going to explode by hitting a bump. The way the rocket engine works, and the way your tires work, are wildly different. Also, the fuel in the rocket doesn't "explode" at all. It burns and expands. The rocket fuel also uses a different rubber compound than is in your tires. For your tires to explode from hitting a bump when filled with N2O, they'd need to already be burning the oxygen (which would only be 1/3 of the gas in a sealed tire filled with N20), and the pressure would need to be on the verge of explosion at the moment you hit the bump (in other words, the bump wouldn't be the cause of the explosion

A tire filled with N20 exploding, is just as likely as a tire filled with compressed air exploding.

That said, nobody would fill their tires with N20, because it's just a horrible waste of money, and would provide no benefit. And the poster of the ad obviously has no idea what he's talking about, and simply is trying to sound like he does.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

At ~30 psi, there won't be enough pressure, and there won't be an ignition source. They aren't going to explode by hitting a bump. The way the rocket engine works, and the way your tires work, are wildly different. Also, the fuel in the rocket doesn't "explode" at all. It burns and expands. The rocket fuel also uses a different rubber compound than is in your tires. For your tires to explode from hitting a bump when filled with N2O, they'd need to already be burning the oxygen (which would only be 1/3 of the gas in a sealed tire filled with N20), and the pressure would need to be on the verge of explosion at the moment you hit the bump (in other words, the bump wouldn't be the cause of the explosion

A tire filled with N20 exploding, is just as likely as a tire filled with compressed air exploding.

That said, nobody would fill their tires with N20, because it's just a horrible waste of money, and would provide no benefit. And the poster of the ad obviously has no idea what he's talking about, and simply is trying to sound like he does.

I am betting he thinks the tires are filled with nitrogen. Regardless steer far clear of this car.
PFF
System Bot
TONY_C

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He meant Nitrogen. And btw, Nitrous oxide is not flammable
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2013 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TONY_C:

He meant Nitrogen. And btw, Nitrous oxide is not flammable

Exactly. An explosion would require an ignition source, oxygen being removed from the N20 so that it burns, or additional fuel, and significant pressure build-up. "Nitrous explosions" that sometimes happen on drag cars have all those. It's not the N20 itself burning, but the other fuels, and any oxygen that has been separated from the nitrogen in the N20.
TONY_C

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dobey, I think you are confusing nitrous oxide with nitromethane.

[This message has been edited by TONY_C (edited 08-29-2013).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2013 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TONY_C:

Dobey, I think you are confusing nitrous oxide with nitromethane.

No. I am not. You are confusing a blower exploding on a top fuel dragster/funny car with what I said about nitrous. They are different things.
Boosted84fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2013 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Boosted84fieroSend a Private Message to Boosted84fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually stopped by to pick his brain bc I'm modding an 84 this winter. Same engine swap I plan with a four speed. I spent 3800 so far and haven't even rebuilt the engine nor slapped her in. He took me for a spin and the thing is surprisingly quick, he has a lot of paperwork and even more info on how to and where to order parts... The dudes pretty chill and was really nice about helping me with my winter project.vbut i do have to say the car is really really solid, and put together properly, also its wicked wicked loud, don't think it has mufflers on it but sounds like a beast, the speed out of the hole is actually pretty damn impressive,vdefinately can't wait till mines built.... The orange is a little much for me but its pretty sharp still, def an eye catcher
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2013 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice first post. I'll take the word of Amir, who has been here for YEARS and is "known"...
Boosted84fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Boosted84fieroSend a Private Message to Boosted84fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow this thread is sad. I drove the car when I stopped by to pick his brain for my own build, the cars great lol. Like seriously did one of u guys lowball him and decided to pay cut throat?? I loved it, (besides the spoiler) lol. I had about an hour chat with the dude and he has a few hot rods and a half dozen bikes. Def a lot of toys, all really nice too. All built and modded muscle cars. The dude def knows what's up and I can't believe all the bad mojo u guys put out. But then again most of u sound like idiots by saying ur the fiero man? Lol is that like a certificate or u like some Facebook page or retweet something? All I'm saying is if u are dumb enough to take advice from people have a clear agenda to hurt someone then ur a true idiot bc I've driven it and actually seen it and its a great little car. Pretty sad that I come on here for INFO and you people are gossiping like its Facebook. Jesus Christ grow up this site is for people who own fieros not for dicks talking **** about a fellow fiero owner. And any idiot can tell he meant dohc lol. And the kids got paperwork a mile high. Y'all are said and a bunch of h8ters who I'd bet don't even own one let alone a modded one and 100% can't AFFORD TO BUILD A CAR LIKE MINE OR HIS SO U BASH. real bad taste and no class fellas. I hope this site doesn't turn into a bunch of bs bc I use this site a lot
Boosted84fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Boosted84fieroSend a Private Message to Boosted84fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boosted84fiero

3 posts
Member since Aug 2013
Clearly someome is out with a vendetta.... That's not what this site is about. Pretty petty and sad guys
robiwon1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for robiwon1Send a Private Message to robiwon1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't own a Fiero right now. I have owned two in the past. I hope to buy my third latter this month. If the person selling this car knows so much about cars and hot rods and bikes and "stuff" then he wouldn't be making mistakes in his posting with inflated claims that are easy to see through. Maybe he's looking for a newb that will buy his story along with the car. You wont find that kind of person here though. When a car is for sale you better believe that all claims will be talked about and busted if needed. And, I'll add that the way your posting your outburts makes you look a little silly to most, if not all, members here. Time to grow up a bit pal.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock