Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  taking orders on custom built headers for 2.8, 3x00, 3800 engines!! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
taking orders on custom built headers for 2.8, 3x00, 3800 engines!! by 86 toy
Started on: 06-27-2013 12:05 PM
Replies: 129 (8670 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 11-16-2017 07:51 PM
86 toy

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
discussion here.. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/122495.html

I am currently setup for 3800 engines. headers will be built to order pricing is as follows:

3800 header package cost starts at $550 and includes headers built from 16 gauge 1 5/8 mild steel mandrel bends, TIG welded with 3 into 1 formed collectors and stainless steel v-band clamps. The Y-pipe is built from 2" mild steel mandrel bends and a formed 2 into 1 collector with a 2.5" stainless v-band clamp.
Options:
EGR delete
3" Y-pipe outlet- $10
2 1/2" Y-pipe upgrade -$20
1 3/4" primaries- $30
Long tube header option (not available with 1 3/4" primaries) $150
2.5" or 3" downpipe to connect to existing exhaust add $30
Bead blasted painted and baked with VHT Header paint $75
Turbo and custom builds available and will be priced per order
I can also do full 304 stainless steel headers, pricing starts at $900
all prices DO NOT include shipping charges. shipping will be billed at actual cost to your door and ranges from $30 to $100 in the U.S.

60*v-6 headers (excludes 3.4TDC engines) $500

Headers for the iron head engines will be built from 1 1/2" mild steel with formed collectors, stainless v-band clamps and a 2" Y-pipe with an outlet size of your choice.
Headers for the aluminum head 3x00 engines will be built from 1 5/8" mild steel with formed collectors, stainless v-band clamps and a 2" Y-pipe with an outlet size of your choice.

Options:
EGR delete
Downpipe to connect to existing exhaust- $30
Bead blasted, painted and baked with VHT ceramic header paint- $75

------------------
--Mark--
Yellow 88 GT 3400 5speed

[This message has been edited by 86 toy (edited 10-02-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dajack761

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86 toy:

discussion here.. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/122495.html

I am currently setup for 2.8/3.4 pr engines. headers will be built to order priceing is as follows:

basic header with 2 bolt flanges to connect to the y-pipe, 3/8" head flanges and 16 ga mild steel tubing uncoated $375 with ypipe
2.25" or 2.5" downpipe to connect to existing exhaust add $25
v-band clamp upgrade (expensive but worth every penny!) $110 for all 3 connections
bead blasted painted and baked with VHT Header paint $75

as of now these will be built for EGR delete until i can source flanges for the EGR valve.. if egr is necessary you could cut the egr tube and flange and tube from your y-pipe and send it to me and i will weld it onto your new y-pipe at no cost..

as for other engines.. right now I am set up for the 60 degree iron head engines if i get more interest in 3800 or 3400 i'll switch over i have not priced head flanges for the other engines as of yet so pricing may change a little for those options.
any questions just ask..
thanks

Glad to see that you are building these headers.

I have two questions

When an order is placed, will you be able to provide a projected completion date?
Do you require a deposit or full payment?
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As of right now I should be able to have a turn around time of about a week.. as for payment I would like a deposit of $100 that will go towards final purchase..
thanks
Mark

Originally posted by dajack761:
Glad to see that you are building these headers.

I have two questions

When an order is placed, will you be able to provide a projected completion date?
Do you require a deposit or full payment?

[This message has been edited by 86 toy (edited 06-27-2013).]

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I am interested in is headers and Y pipe with a T3 turbo flange on it.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.h...ord=t3+flange&crdt=0
Some flex tubing on the cross-over would be nice too.

For your regular headers, I would also offer a ceramic coating option. You could probably work out a deal with a company that does that so that you ship to them and they drop-ship to your customers. My Trueleo headers were painted but they are rusted to hell right now. The Fiero Store's Sprint coated headers - had those for years and they never rusted...
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

What I am interested in is headers and Y pipe with a T3 turbo flange on it.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.h...ord=t3+flange&crdt=0
Some flex tubing on the cross-over would be nice too.

For your regular headers, I would also offer a ceramic coating option. You could probably work out a deal with a company that does that so that you ship to them and they drop-ship to your customers. My Trueleo headers were painted but they are rusted to hell right now. The Fiero Store's Sprint coated headers - had those for years and they never rusted...

I can build whatever you want i just need to know what engine and would need some pretty exact measurements or detailed pictures on where the turbo would be mounted.. also i can get a t3 turbo flange from my supplier for about $15

I plan to look into ceramic coating in the future if things progress nicely and their is interest in it
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://wot-tech.com/shop/gm...langes/prod_178.html

3x00 flanges incase you were looking.
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is exactly where I plan to buy them!! Thanks
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can build whatever you want i just need to know what engine and would need some pretty exact measurements or detailed pictures on where the turbo would be mounted.. also i can get a t3 turbo flange from my supplier for about $15

I plan to look into ceramic coating in the future if things progress nicely and their is interest in it

The fact that it is available would incite many people to turbo their Fieros.
I'm running a 3.4 with Trueleo intake. I plan on cutting off the intake neck since right now my throttlebody is partially blocked by the hinge so my options are open on how to mount the turbo. I can relocate the DIS over the trunk-side head...

[This message has been edited by lou_dias (edited 06-28-2013).]

86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

The fact that it is available would incite many people to turbo their Fieros.
I'm running a 3.4 with Trueleo intake. I plan on cutting off the intake neck since right now my throttlebody is partially blocked by the hinge so my options are open on how to mount the turbo. I can relocate the DIS over the trunk-side head...

sounds doable.. send me a pm if you want to place an order and we can work out some details
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump..
gambler85

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gambler85Send a Private Message to gambler85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just asking but are u thinking of making 3.4 Dohc
PFF
System Bot
Fastback-Ish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback-IshSend a Private Message to Fastback-IshEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be highly interested if and when you start making 3800 parts. I would need a turbo cross over for my swap.
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gambler85:

Just asking but are u thinking of making 3.4 Dohc

No I don't have an engine to build them on
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd also be interested in the 3800 when available.
1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NetCam:

I'd also be interested in the 3800 when available.

X2

------------------
1986 SE 3800SC/4t65eHD (12.871@104.96) I'll Sell it if you like
1985 GT 3800SC (swap in progress)

86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since it seems that more interest is in the 3800 headers right now I will be changing my build stand tomorrow but I need to gather up a few parts also I'll keep you guys posted!!
Thanks
Mark
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm all set up and ready for 3800 headers.. should have a turn around of about 1 week from down payment to ship time..
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have some manual transmissions for mock up to make sure the crossover can clear an F23, Getrag, etc?
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a fiero getrag for mock up.. they way I plan to run the crossover their shouldn't be any issues with clearances..
Fastback-Ish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback-IshSend a Private Message to Fastback-IshEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so your set up for the 3800 huh. Any chance you would be able to do that turbo cross over I mentioned earlier =)
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback-Ish:

so your set up for the 3800 huh. Any chance you would be able to do that turbo cross over I mentioned earlier =)

I would love to be able to build turbo crossovers but I cannot guarantee fitment without actually having a 3800 swapped car here to find an accurate turbo mounting location.. If anyone has some good advice on this topic i'll take it!!

thanks
PFF
System Bot
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First order received! thanks 355fiero! I will be posting pictures here as soon as i make some progress

------------------
--Mark--
Yellow 88 GT 3400 5speed

gremlin87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gremlin87Send a Private Message to gremlin87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just found out about this. If your still doing 3800 headers I will order a set.
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gremlin87:

Just found out about this. If your still doing 3800 headers I will order a set.

replied to your PM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please post pictures when you finish a 3800 set. I'd love to see what they look like, I would consider a set. Thanks!
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
86 toy, this should be an easy request. Would you be able to make a set of exhaust manifolds for the 2.8-3.4 engine that replicate the former KFG manifolds?

I never did buy a set of these, but I always thought that this design would move the exhaust along much better than the OE manifolds.

If you could make these, I would want them made entirely out of 304 or 321 (16 or 18 gauge) stainless steel - even the flanges. Also I would want the flanges to be one piece as in the picture, not individual flanges like the Trueleo headers had. Basically if you could produce what is in the picture above, everything except for the bolts in the Y-pipe flanges (I would use stainless steel studs in those flanges), I would be interested
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lateFormula:

86 toy, this should be an easy request. Would you be able to make a set of exhaust manifolds for the 2.8-3.4 engine that replicate the former KFG manifolds?

I never did buy a set of these, but I always thought that this design would move the exhaust along much better than the OE manifolds.

If you could make these, I would want them made entirely out of 304 or 321 (16 or 18 gauge) stainless steel - even the flanges. Also I would want the flanges to be one piece as in the picture, not individual flanges like the Trueleo headers had. Basically if you could produce what is in the picture above, everything except for the bolts in the Y-pipe flanges (I would use stainless steel studs in those flanges), I would be interested

i could easily build those manifolds the only issue will be the flanges in 304 stainless.. I have been considering trying to find a place locally to cut flanges for me but i would need to buy bulk and unfortunately I'm on a pretty tight budget these days.. Would you want a stainless y-pipe too?

Thanks
Mark
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Please post pictures when you finish a 3800 set. I'd love to see what they look like, I would consider a set. Thanks!

^^ DITTO! ^^
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many flanges would I need to cut you to trade for a set of headers? 1.75" SS primaries, 3" dump, need clearance for AC line. 3800 series III, F23

PM me grade of stainless, thickness, and quantity
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hate to do it but I edited the first post to adjust pricing and to include v-band clamps into price of headers.. at the old price it would have been costing me money to build a 3800 header.. major miscalculation on my part!
I am also looking into making log style manifolds for 3800's as a less expensive option that should cut the cost nearly in half from current pricing

------------------
--Mark--
Yellow 88 GT 3400 5speed

[This message has been edited by 86 toy (edited 08-18-2013).]

cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

X2
PFF
System Bot
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here are the pics that everyone has been waiting for..

------------------
--Mark--
Yellow 88 GT 3400 5speed

Need headers? click here!

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great. Will the crossover clear the 4T65E-HD Trans?
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice only thing I am wondering is if the exhaust pipes will interfere with the A/C lines as other headers I have used get in the way and force the lines to be bent harshly to clear or run way too close to the exhaust.
Also approx how long to make a set and would I be able to have customers by the headers directly from you and ship them to me or would you prefer dealing with me directly as I very often get requests on swaps for headers and the ability to run a cat with out losing any of the trunk. Dan

------------------

DARN Cars now open with
Over 30 years wiring experience between cars and trade as an avionics technician in both Canadian Air Force and civilian aviation.
Over 25 years experience building and modifying cars.
Over 10 years of full Fiero engine swaps and harnesses building and still going.

86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Looks great. Will the crossover clear the 4T65E-HD Trans?

i can't see any reason why it wouldn't.. I don't have a Auto trans for mock up so i can't say 100%..

on that note does anyone have a 65E trans case they would like to part with??

------------------
--Mark--
Yellow 88 GT 3400 5speed

Need headers? click here!

86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86 toy

674 posts
Member since Jan 2011

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

Very nice only thing I am wondering is if the exhaust pipes will interfere with the A/C lines as other headers I have used get in the way and force the lines to be bent harshly to clear or run way too close to the exhaust.
Also approx how long to make a set and would I be able to have customers by the headers directly from you and ship them to me or would you prefer dealing with me directly as I very often get requests on swaps for headers and the ability to run a cat with out losing any of the trunk. Dan

I really have no way to check fitment of a/c lines.. where is the clearance a problem? would you be able to get me picture? as far as time i can build them pretty quick once i have parts the biggest problem is at this time WCF is the only vendor with 3800 header flanges and it takes 2 weeks to get a set here from them.. i'm working on a local machine shop to cut flanges for me. so as of right now turn around is 2 to 2.5 weeks.. I think it may be easier to deal with you on the headers if that works for you..
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just above the flange where the stock Fiero exhaust would take over the A/C lines go past on the 85 to 88 Fieros to connect the compressor lines with the rest of the system. The A/C lines can pivot and turn some what but not enough on some cars to fully clear. Will see if I can dig up some photos to show better.
I know almost every set of WCF headers I ever installed did not fit properly or line up properly or cracked shortly after the engine warmed up fully so I refuse to use them any more. Dan
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First of all... AWESOME!
Second, not sure that the 4T65E transmission dipstick is going to clear the headers...

EDIT: This is probably a better picture. I can get you a measurement if you need one.

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 08-25-2013).]

86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

First of all... AWESOME!
Second, not sure that the 4T65E transmission dipstick is going to clear the headers...

EDIT: This is probably a better picture. I can get you a measurement if you need one.

Yes I think you may be right.. I definitely would like measurements .. thanks for you input!
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work. PM sent

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock