Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  taking orders on custom built headers for 2.8, 3x00, 3800 engines!! (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
taking orders on custom built headers for 2.8, 3x00, 3800 engines!! by 86 toy
Started on: 06-27-2013 12:05 PM
Replies: 129 (8682 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 11-16-2017 07:51 PM
86 toy

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah im here!! Pm returned

Edit for page the ownage:-)

[This message has been edited by 86 toy (edited 11-12-2013).]

IP: Logged
Jeckel

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2013 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JeckelSend a Private Message to JeckelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything new on the log style manifolds for the 3800 that will bolt to a stock cross over?
gambler85

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gambler85Send a Private Message to gambler85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
86 toy is there anyway u might do 3.4 TDC headers? I can get u flanges as I have them in cadd just need to get them to the machinist so he can cut them.
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jeckel:

Anything new on the log style manifolds for the 3800 that will bolt to a stock cross over?

Honestly it is easier and cheaper for me to build a new crossover with vband connections.. as for the log manifolds I haven't really put any time into it but I caan tell you that they would be pretty easy to build I just need a few things to make it easy..
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86 toy

674 posts
Member since Jan 2011

Originally posted by gambler85:

86 toy is there anyway u might do 3.4 TDC headers? I can get u flanges as I have them in cadd just need to get them to the machinist so he can cut them.

I cannot build tdc headers because I don't have an engine to build them on..
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2014 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump!!!
ragging_fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2014 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ragging_fieroSend a Private Message to ragging_fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
BrittB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2014 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are there any pictures of the 2.8 headers and crossover/down pipe?
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2014 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BrittB:

Are there any pictures of the 2.8 headers and crossover/down pipe?

No I haven't built any yet.. they would be similar in design to the 3800 setup..
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
nosrac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
PFF
System Bot
NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone home??
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for this thread, as I am ready to purchase and I have a question.

Do your headers have an O2 sensor port, or would I need to have my exhaust shop put one in when I have it finished up?

I would still be interested in the true dual exhaust that we kinda discussed in a PM a few months back, having the rear header near the trunk curve down, and having the front header near the firewall and passenger compartment come over the transmission (factory 4 speed), and curve down. The setup I would want would not have the two headers join at all, being a true dual exhaust for clarification for everyone.

We can talk more over PM if you would like, but as I said, I am ready to purchase.
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HELLO!!
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2014 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry guys.. haven't had much time to check the forum lately.. I'll be sending out PM's in a little while. .
Thanks
fierofan25

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofan25Send a Private Message to fierofan25Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need some 3800 headers I sent a PM
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took a quick look through almost a years worth of posts on three pages and I don't think anyone has received a single set yet? Please correct me if I'm wrong.....
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JCircs:

I took a quick look through almost a years worth of posts on three pages and I don't think anyone has received a single set yet? Please correct me if I'm wrong.....

I have built 2 full header systems 1 of them being a custom turbo setup for members of this forum and I have also modified a set of zzp power logs for another member with a custom turbo y-pipe.. haven't had a lot of time lately with work so i haven't been pushing sales but i am open to orders!
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86 toy

674 posts
Member since Jan 2011

Originally posted by fierofan25:

I need some 3800 headers I sent a PM

Replied
BabyEating Dingo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2014 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyEating DingoSend a Private Message to BabyEating DingoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lateFormula:

I never did buy a set of these, but I always thought that this design would move the exhaust along much better than the OE manifolds.

Did you ever have a chance to attempt this? I'd be very interested in a simple improvement like this. I'd even be happy with mild steel.
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2014 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BabyEating Dingo:

Did you ever have a chance to attempt this? I'd be very interested in a simple improvement like this. I'd even be happy with mild steel.

No I haven't. But I don't think something similar would be to difficult..
PFF
System Bot
Fastback-Ish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2014 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback-IshSend a Private Message to Fastback-IshEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[img]I can vouch for his work! Here is the custom set he did for me and my turbo project. Very good guy to work with. Every through talking over the phone, sending pictures and measurements he wasn't rude like others. Also very Trustworthy I sent my TURBO, both ZZP POWER LOGS and intake to him. All of it came back! And in a timely manner unlike WCF
BabyEating Dingo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2014 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyEating DingoSend a Private Message to BabyEating DingoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you could give me a price/time estimate on a replacement for the stock header let me know... I know I can't be the only person liking for way to improve on the sewage pipe they came with from the factory. Super interested in this.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback-Ish:

[img]I can vouch for his work! Here is the custom set he did for me and my turbo project. Very good guy to work with. Every through talking over the phone, sending pictures and measurements he wasn't rude like others. Also very Trustworthy I sent my TURBO, both ZZP POWER LOGS and intake to him. All of it came back! And in a timely manner unlike WCF

No image to view
RobertGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertGTSend a Private Message to RobertGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They look good, design is about as mediocre as all of the other V6 headers, so on par there. Except for the turbo kit, I see two major issues with that, and both have to do with the waste gate. First, the feed to the wastegate appears to only feed from one bank. While this might be ok, if the user wants to run low boost numbers, he could easily creep at the higher RPM. This can be very dangerous if his build can't support the higher boost levers.

Next is the wastegate dump. Although not a serious issue, dumping it at least 12" downstream of the turbine and at a merge angle will result in significant power gains. And it's free power, meaning it doesn't add additional stress, heat, or fuel requirements to the motor.
BabyEating Dingo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyEating DingoSend a Private Message to BabyEating DingoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Double post.

[This message has been edited by BabyEating Dingo (edited 03-29-2014).]

86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RobertGT:

They look good, design is about as mediocre as all of the other V6 headers, so on par there. Except for the turbo kit, I see two major issues with that, and both have to do with the waste gate. First, the feed to the wastegate appears to only feed from one bank. While this might be ok, if the user wants to run low boost numbers, he could easily creep at the higher RPM. This can be very dangerous if his build can't support the higher boost levers.

Next is the wastegate dump. Although not a serious issue, dumping it at least 12" downstream of the turbine and at a merge angle will result in significant power gains. And it's free power, meaning it doesn't add additional stress, heat, or fuel requirements to the motor.

thanks for the input, that was my first turbo setup and i keep learning more every day.. i realize that the setup may not be ideal but we had to make it work with the space we had.. it is very difficult to build a turbo system in a fiero engine bay WITHOUT cutting the trunk and on my end without the actual vehicle to fit things up to.. i built that system through phone conversations, lots of measurements and pictures and the last i heard he has been very happy with what we came up with in the end..
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86 toy

674 posts
Member since Jan 2011

Originally posted by Fastback-Ish:

Thanks fro the good word Ish!

here are the pics he was trying to post
his setup was built from a set of ZZP powerlogs that i modified with vband clamps and a custom crossover that places the turbo over the transmission. It was a challenge to build although it may not look it.

Madess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a design one turbo for my car, are you familar with it, or would you need measurements from it? Is that a design one in the pictures in your last post?

[This message has been edited by Madess (edited 03-30-2014).]

Madess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2014 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey 86 Toy!

I am ready to purchase a set of your headers.

I am interested in the custom set of headers for the 3800 that we have discussed before, with the front header coming over the factory 4 speed transmission headed towards the rear left side of the car and the rear header coming off the right side of the engine towards the rear right side of the car.

When you are ready PM me please and we can talk price and PayPal stuff and what not.

I'm excited to be moving forward with this!
PFF
System Bot
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NightMare Cruiser:

Still out there? I sent you a PM and got no response.

same here.
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm's sent.. If I missed anyone please Pm me..
Thanks!
nosrac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent!
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent a PM. You still interested?
fierogtx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really hate to do this but once I get done building fierofan25's headers I'm going to have to hang it up for a while, I just simply don't have the time right now to work on them. My wife and I are expecting a new baby girl in June so my free time right now needs to go towards preparing for her arrival. This is not the end! I will get back into this once things slow down a bit around here..
Thanks everyone for your support and interest in my headers!
Mark
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good luck and congrats! see you back in a few years :P

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 05-14-2014).]

NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else in or around nj building 3800 exhaust set ups?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock