Started on: 07-25-2013 08:06 PM
Replies: 216 (15583 views)
Last post by: gt40racer on 11-11-2015 01:09 AM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has been an exciting day in Fiero-Land. The Joel Project has been moved from Jasper to ThaDriver's in Commerce, Ga.

But that's not all the excitement. Got up this morning to reports of flash floods and landslides in the Jasper, Ga. area. One highway had been closed due to landslides. Found out it wasn't in my planned route, so off I go.

Arrived in Jasper and Chuck and I got everything loaded up and off I go. Things are going good. My new (to me) truck that U-Haul will not rent a tow dolly to be pulled behind it, did just a super job of towing the little Fiero. Maybe it was in part because so much was missing from it.

Anyway, got to Gainesville, Ga., which is about half way between Jasper and Commerce and Bam! slap, slap, slap.

One of the supposed to be new tires decides to part ways with itself. Had to call my brother to bring a jack and spare from 30 miles away. Got it changed and in the words of Willie Nelson, I'm On The Road Again. I decided to go overland since it was shorter, instead of the longer 4-lane path. Entering commerce, I had to slow for a vehicle turning and noticed the truck, dolly and car shaking side to side so I pulled over to see if I forgot to fully tighten the lugnuts. They're good so I go to the other side to see if the right side had not been tightened before I picked it up. Lo and behold, the tread on the tire is crooked as a snake with a big bulge on the outside of the tire and another on the inside. So, now it's like 30 mph for the next 15 miles to ThaDriver's

Get to ThaDriver's shop, pull into the drive and park at the top of the hill. Ran down to his shop to find out where he wanted it unloaded. Back to the truck and pulled it down near the shop. Woppa, woppa, woppa. Get out to unload and....

The missing body parts weren't blown away by the tires. They weren't there when I picked up the car. I think the only damage may be to the wiring harness that was hanging behind the left rear wheel and the dangling E-brake cables.

IP: Logged
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received a text from Chuck today saying the molds have been shipped.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received a call from Greyhound today that I have a package ready for pick up. I will be picking it up tomorrow and heading for the shop.
streetstockSS83

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for streetstockSS83Send a Private Message to streetstockSS83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update to all you great gentlemen and all you appreciated help the yellow lambo went home tonight finally on an enclosed transport.
The grey will be heading out Monday and I will be moving the Lance Mullen car safe to my house where it will be photographed and then coved till such a time as Lance is located.
To date with shipping and packing materials.... I am about all done with shipping
give or take a few parts to jess and to john ect.....
(don't laugh Jimmy Im not a very good packer)
I have been going at this hard for a few weeks and the end is in sight.
I pray all of you look at a bright tomorrow cuz I will be sleeping in.....

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by streetstockSS83:

Update to all you great gentlemen and all you appreciated help the yellow lambo went home tonight finally on an enclosed transport.
The grey will be heading out Monday and I will be moving the Lance Mullen car safe to my house where it will be photographed and then coved till such a time as Lance is located.
To date with shipping and packing materials.... I am about all done with shipping
give or take a few parts to jess and to john ect.....
(don't laugh Jimmy Im not a very good packer)
I have been going at this hard for a few weeks and the end is in sight.
I pray all of you look at a bright tomorrow cuz I will be sleeping in.....

Thank you Chuck I do appreciate the help to get some missing parts and get this all behind us and move on.

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Molds are here safe and sound. Had a meeting with Dan today to inspect everything. Other than a few minor things with the rear bumper, everything is great. Dan will be fixing the issues with the rear bumper sometime next week. We should have the hips and rear bumper on the website by the end of the month.

Hood Scoop

Hips

F360 Rear Bumper

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Molds are here safe and sound. Had a meeting with Dan today to inspect everything. Other than a few minor things with the rear bumper, everything is great. Dan will be fixing the issues with the rear bumper sometime next week. We should have the hips and rear bumper on the website by the end of the month.

Hood Scoop

Jimmy, any guess as to whether this hood scoop will require cutting the front bulkhead?
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know yet.
streetstockSS83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for streetstockSS83Send a Private Message to streetstockSS83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2 More days and this is all over Thank you once again to everyone
I will continue to keep updates once a week or so and I have to say
I have had a chance to meet and talk to some very amazing guys who have real compassion
for their fellow Man. The chances of meeting the rest of you at some point in the future would be
a blast ..... maybe I will go ahead and finish Kermit Myself what do you all think?

Very Good last Chapter
Ben the owner of the Yellow Convertible Ferrari came by the shop today He was my last POC from
We were able to load up and or ID 99% of the remaining pieces so I will be hauling the last cars to:

Chuck Mason (706)669-7509
69 Georgiana st
Jasper GA 30143

Lance...................... 88 Fiero chop top High output 4 cylinder
Ben ..........................88 Fiero fastback dual overhead Cam V-8

The last few PMs I have received are for parts to some of you all parts I find will make it to you
If I find them
You will get them
Take care
streetstockSS83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for streetstockSS83Send a Private Message to streetstockSS83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

streetstockSS83

41 posts
Member since Oct 2011
One More thing for sure I will be at the shop all day Sunday and Monday
if anyone wants to swing by and see for yourself what's left all are welcome to stop in.......

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey what box was the Ferrari tail lights in? I did not see them in the stuff that came today? Did the bumper ship?
PFF
System Bot
streetstockSS83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for streetstockSS83Send a Private Message to streetstockSS83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I sent out the shipments to gray hound every one picked up there stuff
BUT BV ??????
Hey Steve your door panels are at the grey hound I really wanted you to get your stuff before the shop closed down for good
ok ....
As far as the Lance Mullens car and Bens Chop are sitting safely at my House for all to know
it is

69 Georgiana st
Jasper GA 30143
706 669 7509
Thanks again every one

One last shipment to go out to John for goodies and his Fiberglass Nose. YIPPY.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great... more stuff I'm gonna wanna buy from Fiero Fiberglass. Someday...
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Great... more stuff I'm gonna wanna buy from Fiero Fiberglass. Someday...

LOL.
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by streetstockSS83:

When I sent out the shipments to gray hound every one picked up there stuff
BUT BV ??????
Hey Steve your door panels are at the grey hound I really wanted you to get your stuff before the shop closed down for good
ok ....
As far as the Lance Mullens car and Bens Chop are sitting safely at my House for all to know
it is

69 Georgiana st
Jasper GA 30143
706 669 7509
Thanks again every one

One last shipment to go out to John for goodies and his Fiberglass Nose. YIPPY.

WHERE IS JOHN'S FIBERGLASS NOSE?
Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-09-2013 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dburger:

Did anyone see this CL listing?

http://atlanta.craigslist.o.../cto/3981040568.html

Are you F'ing kidding me? With all the stock parts people are missing?

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 08-09-2013).]

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HOLY SMOKES I cannot freakin' believe this, it just gets worse and worse.... Now they are selling off people's parts on craigslist!!

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a f***ing jack@$$!!!
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a total A**hole....The ad was posted on Aug. 4th.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was there on Thursday August 1 and most of that stuff wasn't there. I picked up the Joel Project, or what was left of it as shown in the first picture, including the two bumper pad bumpers in the center of the third picture and the gray bumper in the background, plus a gold 86 or 87 GT rear bumper. The other two red bumpers were still there. I got the interior parts shown in the overhead photo as part of the original Joel Project car.

Chuck had delayed his trip to the Greyhound terminal so I could pick up the car and parts, but he did have a number of large items crated and labeled for shipping. What all was crated, I don't know, but most of the things were already gone. I assume they had gone out to the owners. As Chuck has posted, others have picked up their items since I was there, so lots of the stuff shown wouldn't have been there on August 5 or 6. If it was, it's in the possession of the Tax Assessor, now.
PFF
System Bot
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It seems to me that the parts are being given away for free. He must be trying to dispose of as much evidence as possible. After all, it's "first come, first serve."
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am suprised he wasn't being a total ass and post this sale on Pennock's in The Mall section just to rub it in peoples faces.
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to dealing with those clowns from Jasper.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chuck was very helpful and I got the impression he was trying to get as much of the stuff saved and out to its rightful owners, as possible. I don't know how he got the responsibility for getting this stuff to the owners or who was paying for the shipping costs of items shipped, but I'm sure no one was paying him for his time and travel (about 90 miles round trip to Greyhound). Aside from whatever other problems people might have with him, I have to commend him for that effort. As for giving stuff away, I guess it's better that it go to someone who can use it, as opposed to the Tax Assessor sending it off to the dump, though it would have been best that it didn't come down to those two options.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread leaves me with more questions than answers.
Where is Dean
Who is Chuck, what is his relationship to Dean? Is he just a friend, is he a employee or partner of Dean
Did the shop that got behind in taxs belong to Chuck, why would Chuck care what gets left behind
Where is Dean

It seams that Chuck has gone to a lot of expense and time to help people get their stuff back......why
I guess we will never know........ Where is Dean
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

Where is Dean
Who is Chuck, what is his relationship to Dean? Is he just a friend, is he a employee or partner of Dean
Did the shop that got behind in taxs belong to Chuck, why would Chuck care what gets left behind
Where is Dean

It seams that Chuck has gone to a lot of expense and time to help people get their stuff back......why

This is Chuck aka Dean's "$30k engine bulder":

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/092379-2.html#p72

Why is Chuck doing this? Personally, I think he is out for something. I think he wants to appear to help so he can stash away a few things that were "abandoned". But that is my opinion. I wouldnt trust ANYONE that was associated with Dean farther than I could throw them.

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

Chuck, where is Dean and why are you tending to these issues instead of him?

Originally posted by DL10:

Where is Dean
Where is Dean

I don't think we are going to get answers to our questions there Dave.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's my question, if Kermit was still there through some of this, where did it go, and was the "Ultra 3800" given to anyone to compensate for their loss?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Here's my question, if Kermit was still there through some of this, where did it go, and was the "Ultra 3800" given to anyone to compensate for their loss?

You mean my engine?
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suspect there's nothing left but crumbs.
Several months back, when Dean posted another "parts for sale" ad in the mall (probably just before moving to Jasper) one of the guys in our club went up there and found nothing worth grabbing.

Edit - I looked for that thread. Couldn't find it. Maybe it was Craigslist. Still...

The only thing I see that might be worthwhile is the unassembled Lambo body. I don't know where that came from, however.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-10-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This all ended up being extremely disappointing to me.

The number streetstockSS83 posted as his, and the Craigslist ad number are the same one. The number traces back to a cell phone, so it's not a line at the shop or anything.

Why was there no notice of this until 6 days before it happened? People have to not pay taxes for years to lose their property, and there is certainly notice given to the owners that the property is overdue, it's not a "sudden, unexpected thing."

There are several things that really don't add up to me here.

• streetstockSS83 never mentions where Dean is in all of this, or exactly what happened. Covering for someone that has hurt the Fiero community like this is just as bad as doing it yourself.

• It's not unusual for people to help other people on this Forum, it's one of the reasons I've loved it for so long, but streetstockSS83 went from "screwing" the community, to working feverishly to save complete strangers projects. What is the catch?

• The Craigslist ad. It hasn't been removed, or mentioned by streetstockSS83 since it was posted. It's obviously his, and really looks damning. Why no explanation?

• streetstockSS83 seems to be the only one involved in this shop, he's posting his phone number to contact for it, he's meeting people there, has 100% access to it, and is the one posting to give away, or sell the items in the shop. So it's either his shop, or he's extremely close to the owner. This means he likely knew this storm was coming for a long time, possibly years.

However this ends up it's left a mark on the forum that will likely never go away. I am in a position now to actually get my Fiero built the way I want and have wanted for years, but I'm so gun shy after watching all the people get ripped off by various builders, and vendors that I'm just sitting on the fence with everything. Meanwhile somewhere another "good" builder goes out of business because of the crap the bad builders pulled like this.

Brad
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once the seeds of distrust are sewn, it's hard to get rid of them.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

This all ended up being extremely disappointing to me.

The number streetstockSS83 posted as his, and the Craigslist ad number are the same one. The number traces back to a cell phone, so it's not a line at the shop or anything.

Why was there no notice of this until 6 days before it happened? People have to not pay taxes for years to lose their property, and there is certainly notice given to the owners that the property is overdue, it's not a "sudden, unexpected thing."

There are several things that really don't add up to me here.

• streetstockSS83 never mentions where Dean is in all of this, or exactly what happened. Covering for someone that has hurt the Fiero community like this is just as bad as doing it yourself.

• It's not unusual for people to help other people on this Forum, it's one of the reasons I've loved it for so long, but streetstockSS83 went from "screwing" the community, to working feverishly to save complete strangers projects. What is the catch?

• The Craigslist ad. It hasn't been removed, or mentioned by streetstockSS83 since it was posted. It's obviously his, and really looks damning. Why no explanation?

• streetstockSS83 seems to be the only one involved in this shop, he's posting his phone number to contact for it, he's meeting people there, has 100% access to it, and is the one posting to give away, or sell the items in the shop. So it's either his shop, or he's extremely close to the owner. This means he likely knew this storm was coming for a long time, possibly years.

However this ends up it's left a mark on the forum that will likely never go away. I am in a position now to actually get my Fiero built the way I want and have wanted for years, but I'm so gun shy after watching all the people get ripped off by various builders, and vendors that I'm just sitting on the fence with everything. Meanwhile somewhere another "good" builder goes out of business because of the crap the bad builders pulled like this.

Brad

Thats because Chuck is directly involved in more ways than I'll post here. It never goes over well anyway. Lets just say he is VERY close to Dean and more so to Dean's wife. The reason why he is trying so hard to "help" is because you cant get someone for theft if the items are returned.

tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you just nailed it.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll say it. It is the truth so I have no issue with saying it. Chuck is Dean's wife's brother so Chuck is Dean's brother in law,
dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heres something to think about. How would he have access to all the parts in a OPEN investigation? Here thats a Big NO NO. ,
even tho he was getting them to their rightful owners thats still tampering with evidence. Even with a tax sale anything at that shop considered evidence cannot be sold or supposedly moved even by the state. Someone needs to call the local PD or SO . because any parts not found in all this is grounds for more charges. Has anyone that had a case open agenst dean been closed? also if the owners have their parts back that were missing that could be grounds to dismiss some of the charges agenst him. Someone please call to confirm this with Law enforcement.
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hate all the opposition and conftrontation an animosity.

Would everyone have rather no one been aware of the Tax sale, and let everything be lost permanatley?

In my book, he has been trying to right the situation as much as he could.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackEmrald:

I hate all the opposition and conftrontation an animosity.

Would everyone have rather no one been aware of the Tax sale, and let everything be lost permanatley?

In my book, he has been trying to right the situation as much as he could.

Only if there is indeed a tax sale, and this isn't a way to avoid prosecution. Notice how the guy hasn't checked in since the ad was posted in the thread? I myself have been wondering how it came to be that he had as much access as he did, and how the tax assessment office was allowing him to remove property. Given we're talking tens of thousands of dollars worth of fraud here, and Dan is apparently walking away from it, let Chuck come in here and explain himself fully.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Items that aren't a physical part of the property aren't subject to seizure until the actual day of the seizure. Then they become property of the Tax Assessor to be sold at a Sheriff's Sale. The tax lein is against the real estate, not the cars, tools, office furniture, etc. Any of the automotive items there can legally be removed or disposed of until time of seizure. It appears outwardly that effort was made to distribute items to the known owners. I don't think any laws were broken as long as items went to their rightful owners if they so desired to pick them up or have them shipped.

My impression is that part of the building may have been occupied by Chuck as a place of business, so that would explain his access and possible reason for it being selected as a storage area, rather than just leaving everything in Canton.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock