Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Resurrection (Page 6)

Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
The Rottin Resurrection by johnyrottin
Started on: 07-21-2013 10:09 PM
Replies: 619 (28403 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 06-01-2016 10:13 PM
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Geoff from Champion Radiator sent me a reply, they are going to send out a replacement orifice tube for the radiator! Cool! now I do not have to make one!!

Oh and the size of the orifice tube on this radiator is 5/16 24 threads not 1/8th npt, I took the remains to work and had the machinist identify it for me since I no longer own a calipers.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 08-15-2013).]

IP: Logged
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still need the Auto pedal assembly? I have the entire bracket/pedal/bolt assembly that came out of my 86GT when we converted to manual...

Yours once I can find it.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Still need the Auto pedal assembly? I have the entire bracket/pedal/bolt assembly that came out of my 86GT when we converted to manual...

Yours once I can find it.

Hey thanks for the offer Chris, but Timm already beat you to it and got us a pedal assembly
Battery cables tho.........
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This weekend is kinda hit and miss with working on the car I will do some more tonight as I get home but I did get some done last night. The trunk is now prepped for the new sheet metal and I made a nice flange on the backside behind the tail lights to weld the new metal to. Also at work I had some metal braces leftover from a guard door I salvaged from one of our machines we build I will be using to reinforce the bottom side with so it has nice structure again and strength . I have some pics..........

I did a bunch more painting the other night too now everything up front is coated with a fresh coat of paint to keep it in nice shape

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 08-17-2013).]

86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump...To The Top
Steve
NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see so much progress already on this! My opinion is try and re create what the original idea for the front bumper was. I don't think anyone has done that and would look kick a$$! Also, I noticed you needed the air intake setup. Do you need a stock 2.8? I have a complete setup I will donate. Let me know! Only cause John helped me out when I needed it!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEVERDONE:

Glad to see so much progress already on this! My opinion is try and re create what the original idea for the front bumper was. I don't think anyone has done that and would look kick a$$! Also, I noticed you needed the air intake setup. Do you need a stock 2.8? I have a complete setup I will donate. Let me know! Only cause John helped me out when I needed it!

If we had more time I would probably tackle trying to make it look as it was first intended but as this is not the only car build I have going on right now and the general cost savings we are implementing with this build due to the loss John already incurred, we are keeping this a simple build leaning on the clean flowing look rather than the extreme mods and one off parts. After the initial build of the car and making it a running reliable unit we can revisit doing more modifications later on in its life. For now we have a really tight build schedule trying to complete it before thanksgiving.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So on with the build!! I had family stuff going on for most of the day again today but I managed to sneak out early this morning and meet my weekend goal of removing all the rust from the trunk area and painting it. I also fixed up the drivers door and removed all the rust and painted it as well.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 08-19-2013).]

NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. Thats a tight deadline! let me know on the air intake.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jetsnvettes2000 you have a PM

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

jetsnvettes2000 you have a PM

Dr. W.

COOL! I replied!! Pack up the moving truck and get up here!!! It would be cool having another guy in the club!!
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
We have a bumper cover!!!!!! now, we just need all the mounting hardware including the egg crate!!! and metal bits on the bottom!!!
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

We have a bumper cover!!!!!! now, we just need all the mounting hardware including the egg crate!!! and metal bits on the bottom!!!

I have a perfect front egg crate I can't use.

Dr. W.
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Rob I'm planning on coming up there tomorrow after work to help wrench on the chop. I'll call you before I head up to your place.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I can not say I love the nose but it is a nose at least now that I have it unpacked. It will need to be send off to be fixed up a bit before I would ever consider using it due to the cracks busted mounting hole slots and warping in the intake vent areas. Mark says Keystone bumper can fix things of sorts so when he gets his butt back here from Vegas I will get a hold of him and get prices to have it redone but if my memory serves me it is right around 100 bucks. After it gets redone I guess it will be good as new.

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get all excited then we get a kick to the nuts again....
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Get all excited then we get a kick to the nuts again....

Ya kinda but, mark wanted to send it off to be stripped anyway so either way it would have been going to keystone I wouldn't dwell on it, it is a minor setback.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 08-19-2013).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Rob. Means a great deal. I am finally back up to speed on PMs and emails as of this evening. One person even had brand new items!!! Alas, after the monetary loss that we started with on this car I have to just wish I could afford all new items. That would make the build super uncomplicated!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Thanks Rob. Means a great deal. I am finally back up to speed on PMs and emails as of this evening. One person even had brand new items!!! Alas, after the monetary loss that we started with on this car I have to just wish I could afford all new items. That would make the build super uncomplicated!

Very cool! If they only had new seats and dash too
86 toy

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have an aero front bumper you guys could have but i don't know how i would get it from PA to you.. its a little warped but i don't think its busted like that one.. if you have an idea let me know and i'll email you some good pics of its condition..

------------------
--Mark--
Yellow 88 GT 3400 5speed

Need headers? click here!

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For what your going to spend on Keystone to fix it just to have it warp again, you might be better served spending a few extra bucks for a fiberglass one and be done with it. Just a thought.
PFF
System Bot
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going to be hauling some fenders, ground affects, wheel well liners and misc. nose parts on Saturday to Rob's.

Picking up the Rottin Resurrection 3800SC to be resealed and cleaned up.

Steve
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86soon3.4

1537 posts
Member since Dec 2005
If anybody would like to donate $ to this project please P.M. me.

Steve
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The aluminum flare fitting threads are N F G for the trans cooler in the radiator. They will have to be repaired. We did get the trans cooler lines in though. Slow but sure progress. Still waiting on some parts.
Bigjake34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bad news, Won't be able to bring my Corvette when I come up. Too much crap. So that means the brake swap is out. I have the engine vents and a new unused throttle cable for 86 GT. I'm planning on the weekend of the 7th. See y'all then.

Jake
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigjake34:

Bad news, Won't be able to bring my Corvette when I come up. Too much crap. So that means the brake swap is out. I have the engine vents and a new unused throttle cable for 86 GT. I'm planning on the weekend of the 7th. See y'all then.

Jake

Cool, but you can keep the cable, we need one for a 88 duke
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
WTF!!!!!!!!you have to be friggin kidding me! OK so I got a letter in the mail today from Champion radiator, I'm thinking cool the nipple is here for the overflow. Well I take it out of the mail box and the damn end is ripped open! the nipple is GONE!!!! WTF you have to be kidding me! What are the chances the idiots at the post office thought it was a bullet and tore open the package only for it to fall out when the damn mail man was walking around? Why even give me the friggin letter knowing it was damaged hmmm first hint possibly???? Ok this is the second bullsh-t thing I have had to deal with them today, I heard from John the lambo buckets I sent out also never made it to their destination again WTF!!! I sent those out 2 Saturdays ago!!!!

SO now what do I do, do I message Champion again and tell them what happened? THEY SENT THIS FREE to begin with! UGH ok rant over this week has been OH YAY it cam OH NO! it sucks, FIrst the bumper then the thread issue with the trani lines and now this wow I hope this is the only drama we have with the whole build!!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Hey who here lives in Danelsville GA 30633? I think the lambo buckets may have went to wrong place???
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Psychosurfer isn't far from Danielsville. And I'm not far away if he isn't available.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Postal prices go up and the service gets worse. I still have not received the stencil I ordered from fiero sails. It was shipped 3 weeks ago!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK I AM NOT GOING NUTS! I found the tracking number for the package going to Georgia, and as I thought I sent it out 2 weeks ago Saturday on the 10th and according to the postal service web site it was delivered on the 13th. Hmmm I just hope the postal worker put it at the right house!!!!
Anyway after getting all in a tizzy over that I got back to work and did a little more work to the roof seam tonight and cleaned up the gap making it even all the way across and shaping the uneven corners so they are symmetrical<---------a word not in Deans vocabulary LOL!! ok I worked right till after dark so the pics probably suck but here is a few!!
Left I think

Right

The stick in the pic is a measuring tool to set the gap I just have it stuffed under the roof so I didn't loose it

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 08-22-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
So Geof at Champion is sending yet another overflow nipple, I think this time he will label it lol!
Bigjake34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So Geof at Champion is sending yet another overflow nipple, I think this time he will label it lol!

Someone at Post office Prolly saw the word nipple and got excited, only to be disappointed and chucked the piece across the post office out of frustration. Maybe better if he sends it in a loud bright package that wont be confused for a viagra or fleshlight delivery....lol

sorry, being quiet now...lol just the old soldier in me slipping out...hee hee hee
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Or put it in a flat rate or small box...
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The post office more than likely delivered the package to the wrong address. I lost a $60 package that way. As I was told by a post office official they delivered it so they did their job.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tebailey:

The post office more than likely delivered the package to the wrong address. I lost a $60 package that way. As I was told by a post office official they delivered it so they did their job.

I hope that is not the case, the fella that got the lights graciously donated way more to the project than they were worth, I would hate to see them end up in the wrong hands and in someones garbage.
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Psychosurfer isn't far from Danielsville. And I'm not far away if he isn't available.

I am about ten minutes from Danielsville, GA PM me how I may be able to help.

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We still need an 88 Duke throttle cable. (may use the stock 88 v-6 cable if we have too)
Needing a non oil fill valve cover for the engine. (the one on the engine has a hole in it)

John, did you want the engine/SC painted? Keep the EGR or delete? High or low mount alternator?
Preference on a muffler? Did you want a cat on the exhaust?

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, the engine trani and cradle are now up north with Steve and will be going together soon!
Tonight I got back to work on it a bit and decided to junk the original roof. All the time sitting in the Texas sun took it's toll on it and well it was just easier to start over with a fresh one and by luck I had one here from a car I parted out earlier this summer. I spent the rest of the night getting it mounted and cutting the back down to fit. I have some finishing trimming yet to do but man I mad the right choice with the new top, it will save me tons of time and material vs the old one. As it sits on it right now it is really even across the seam area between it and the rear clip roof area vs the old one that was high low the width of the roof. At this point as soon as I get the gap set between the two panels all I have to do is shim up the rear clip a washers thickness and done, sittin pretty with no mud work to do to even it out. Once I get the back side sorted out then I will make small relief cuts in the tops of the a pillars and re-glass them and done. Soon as the front bumper and hips get here this thing will really start looking like a car finally! JOHN!!!!!!!!! get a hold of Jimmy!!!!! he is waiting on word about the transaction.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 08-27-2013).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

We still need an 88 Duke throttle cable. (may use the stock 88 v-6 cable if we have too)
Needing a non oil fill valve cover for the engine. (the one on the engine has a hole in it)

John, did you want the engine/SC painted? Keep the EGR or delete? High or low mount alternator?
Preference on a muffler? Did you want a cat on the exhaust?
Steve

I am not so sure putting a cat on the exhaust will be a good idea, at first it may be ok but I think after all the crying hissing and funny noises die down it's probably going to start to stink after while and attract flys and other critters like maggots and other scavengers.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 08-25-2013).]

This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock